ESU # 3 - July 2015

Myk and I set out to level me (and him by extension) around 9 last night. Things went smoothly through Baal runs and into A1 of NM when a damage spike claimed Myk's Sorceress. Her gear was salvaged and she is to be re-built. We'll work on getting her and my Barb ready for next week.

The way this cyclical Greek tragedy is going, we'll both be deeding at level 9 by then.

Brilliant play by me. Oh, I'm being attacked by the whole room and Charged Bolt is slowly tickling everything to death; no sweat, here's a potion! Oh, I'm cursed! Oh, I'm dead.

I blame the alcohol that was drank in my favor. It lulled me into a stupor and we paid the price for it.

So I restat the Barb, as I had no idea what the plan was before, but it wasn't working. But first I actually did some research and figured out a build.

After re-stating and re-skilling for a combination of WW and Concentration, it is a genuine pleasure to play him. WW here, Leap Attack there, Conc for anything that needs one-on-one attention, Howl whenever things get too busy. BO is almost maxed, now I'll just have to decide on a weapon mastery. Any standard rule here? What kind of weapon optimizes best between WW and Conc? Myk passed me an Aldur's Rhythm before death; the 10% LL (and ML) combined with the other 10% LL I'm getting from the two pieces of Sigon's is lovely (not to forget the Cathan's ring).

I can now see why Barbarians are so frequently lauded as "fun to play".

No standard rule. Really, I would hold off on a weapon mastery until you've got a weapon worth mastery-ing over. Item-wise, I think you want something that's first good for whirlwind (lots of on weapon IAS - see the guide in the barb forum for things that hit the breakpoint) first and that sets it up pretty naturally for the other attacks.

The Barb is now at level 50, about to kill the Council in NM; I should be caught up for Monday, no problem. Myk, how are you doing? Yogi, Tai? Still around?

I crafted some exceptional 20 FRW // 3LL // 19 life // 34 LR // 30 CR // 22 FR boots. Nice replacement for Sigon's, to be sure.

I haven't done a thing in Diablo 2 since killing my sorceress. I've been studying a lot lately; it's eating up a lot of free time.

Alas, if only time-machines were useful.

Nice boots!

The Barb is almost level 55 now. I've made it back to Shenk and my forge was a Lem (bye bye, Pul; hello, Lem). I think this is about where we left off a couple weeks ago. I'm really getting into the swing of this WW skill. I like the whole click and pray aspect (when the potions all get red backgrounds).

It might just be you and me, Yogi. I guess we'll see tomorrow. I'll be on for 9-10 EST if anyone wants to get a head start (or run something, anything).

Also: Fire Skiller last night.

I finish work an hour before we start tomorrow night so I'll be heading home, grabbing a beer and I'll be there.

Sorry about the last couple off times. I completely forgot last week was a Monday with the holiday and all, but have a few hours before work to get caught up. I suck, but at least it seems like I'm not alone by the thread updates I see.

So I have absolutely no idea what's up with my computer and connection, but it's not fair for you guys to be stuck spending all night trying to do something that will take me 10 minutes when I get the problem fixed.

You guys should definitely go ahead without me and just let me know where you end up. I'll dig out my cd-keys and try to get D2 running on my other laptop tomorrow, or at the very least get my old one back to what it used to be.

Sorry about this, but you saw what my connection was like. Most of those were the computer freezing. Good luck and stay safe.

It looked like an infuriating situation and we appreciated your attempts to get back in there (for a few seconds at a time). We spawned Diablo and did the River while we waited, in case there was a miracle.

When the River was done we killed D for an excellent drop: Arreat's Face, Hwanin's Hat & Stormspike. From there we made it most of the way to the Ancients, but stopped short. I immediately added a socket to the Arreat's (may as well, the last sockets died with the bear), and now have to decide what to put in there.

We were slow but steady. If you can make the connection work, we'll get you caught up next week.

And there was a Lum rune at some point? Not sure.

Hey, it's always slow when you play with me :rolleyes: The Lum dropped off a random elf on the plateau, I didn't see it at first. Cloak of shadows was come in handy with all the ranged attackers. I also dropped 3-4 times last night.

Good to know and grats on the Arreat's. I'll check my connection tomorrow and if it's solid I should be able to do at least Big D and Shenk before I have to head to work. Worst case scenario I can probably get D2 working on this laptop (assuming Windows 10 lets me) and do the deed from here.

Just got out of work. Windows 10 seems to hate this game. Has anyone managed to get it to run on Windows 10? My other PC is still freaking out.

I just removed the update (that prompts you to get w10) the other day. So no, I haven't tried it. Roll back? Gone too far already?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High