DClone Testing Event Happening Now! USWest!

Dredd

Administrator
Jan 3, 2004
DClone Testing Event Happening Now! USWest!

A friend and I are testing several DClone spawning questions for my future guide this evening. The following points will be addressed:

1. Player SOJ-selling spawns DC.

2. Event is IP-based, and realm-wide. Affects all difficulties, SC, HC, L and NL.

3. Selling SOJs on NL will spawn DC on L.

4. DC can walk twice in the same game.

5. Event can be triggered on same IP twice in succession.

6. DC can walk in any difficulty.

All of these points will be proven or disproven in one fell swoop. All soj-selling will be done by dop_obo and myself (as *Planewalker02). We will be very busy taking screenshots, making notes and relaying information across games so please do not whisper us. This is going to be hectic but fun as well.

We are looking for any forum-goers here who might want to witness these events with their own eyes to verify their authenticity. We are especially in need of a HC ladder player who can wait in an IP game and relay soj counts to us as they occur. This event could well go on most of the night, so if you wish to participate, please have the coffee and no-doz ready! ;)

This is taking place on USWest by the way.

We are working on choosing an IP and setting up games. Anyone who wishes to participate, please post in this thread. I will announce the IP and games shortly. We will have...

1 NL normal game (selling will occur here)

1 SC Ladder hell game (for witnesses)

We also need 1 HC ladder game on the appropriate IP. If one of you can handle the task of finding the correct IP and staying in it to relay soj counts, please post here.

Sorry this post is a mess. This is one hell of a complicated thing to organize.

I think some of these have been addressed. We know the SoJ selling in the right IP results in DClone spawning but is specific to one realm.

Number 5 and 6 I'm not sure bout. ^__^ have fun.

Yes, one realm. Poor choice of words on my part. Soj selling affects one whole realm but not the others.

Many of us know that most of these points are true; however, this is more for the benefit of the many naysayers who claim that soj-selling by players does not spawn DC.

Points 5 and 6 are the main things we are testing tonight. 1-4 are redundant points to some, but since they can be proven by coincidence, I thought them worthy to point out.

The IP is .152.

If you are interested in witnessing the testing event as it happens, just /w *Planewalker02 for game name and password. :)

EDIT: 1st Walk @ 4417. Getting some interesting results.

dang i must've just missed it, ok are u guys selling on .152 again then to see if that matters?

mem.. how are you getting the sojs? who on earth would sell a legit soj anyways o_o

Dredd said:
Yes, we will resume shortly.

well this sounds intersting count me in if needed I got chars on all 3 dificulties sc non ladder and 2 computers *D2_junkie
Let me know if I can help :clap:

Now, working on next walk. Anyone currently on .152 who gets a walk shortly, please report in this thread.

Dredd i got a walk after 4594.

edit: did u guys stay in your original game to sell and if so did he walk?

2nd walk at 4594. I have tons of results. I will post them in this thread in the morning. Thanks for the help, everybody! :)

Yes and no, ahcw. I will post results in the morning. Tons of interesting data found.

EDIT: We have well over 500 sojs left, now we are going to try to completely reset the soj counter!

We're still at it, though we're testing something else now. Trying to get a couple more SCL .152 games up and running.

Dredd said:
We're still at it, though we're testing something else now. Trying to get a couple more SCL .152 games up and running.

ok so how do you make dc walk twice in the same game?

Got booted off Bnet while searching for games. First time that's happened...
Got .151 twice, no .152... sigh....

d2 junkie said:
ok so how do you make dc walk twice in the same game?

No questions right now please. Very busy. Selling on .152 has resumed. Looking for walk #3.

EDIT: Walk #3 at 4675.

EDIT: Getting fresh games up then we are going to go for #4. Anybody who wants an easy DC kill, start looking for a 152 game. :lol:

EDIT: 15 minutes before we start again. This is the craziest night of gaming I've ever had.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High