DClone Testing Event Happening Now! USWest!

i think someone asked if ur on the same server does dc spawn at the same time and thats yes. me and a friend were both in a same server game. and the soj counter went up the same time. dc spanwed at the same time. i got some awesome screen shots the 3rd time i killed him last night. i'll try and upload them to my aol homepage so you can see some of them.

really sorry dredd lol i didnt mean you to waste your time like that :/ (but thanks for taking the time too :D )

by the way keep up the good work its really cool what your doing, have a pat on the back

*pat, pat*

easter anni hunt

I was wondering if you guys were considering actually having an easter anni hunt, another one would be much appreciated and my friend needs one too.

tyth17867 said:
I was wondering if you guys were considering actually having an easter anni hunt, another one would be much appreciated and my friend needs one too.

That idea died in the planning...most of the anni charms were given to friends or sold for pgems, sorry.

Charlie said:
How much does an anni worth? really want that and I don't have char capable to do so...

You can get one with midling stats for an Um, at least on USW. Only perfect or near-perfect annis are a bit spendy.

ok imma idiot

alright well after reading all of that dredd can u please gimme a basic simple explaination

ok first of all what is the exact process of getting clone d released...you make a game or join a game and then what

ok and with all that ip stuff i figured out how to do it thanks to you dredd but i dont see how that can help me with anything itll tell me the ip of the server i am in but how does that have anything to do with clone d...and recently on diablo 2 i havent seen any random soj counts did blizz like patch it or something?

non ladder normal game is for me! =p and I could cover a hell ladder game as well. vise versa.

Charlie if you get a cloner in a private game Msg a few of the more well known players on the forums, they would probably help you

eXoBLaCKY said:
ok first of all what is the exact process of getting clone d released...you make a game or join a game and then what

ok and with all that ip stuff i figured out how to do it thanks to you dredd but i dont see how that can help me with anything itll tell me the ip of the server i am in but how does that have anything to do with clone d...

The spawning of Super Diablo is a server-wide event. Battle.net uses something in the ballpark of 200 IPs and each of these IPs is capable of triggering its own independent event. In time, every single game on a particular IP address, in spite of what type of game it is (Ladder, nonladder, softcore, or hardcore), will simulataneously spawn DC -- provided enough sojs are sold. The exact number of sojs needed is different each time, but the range falls somewhere between 70-150 or so.

With that in mind, knowing the IP address of the game you are in is essential if you are clone hunting. However, that knowledge is also absolutely worthless if you don't know which IPs have active soj counts. There are websites and IRC channels that specialize in keeping track of active IP addresses. A google search will turn those sites up.

Once you know which IPs are active, it's just a matter of making games over and over again until you make one that matches up. It's not a fun process, believe me.

Finally, once you have found such a game you have two options. You can sell sojs yourself and help out or you can sit in the game and wait. This is rather boring -- I would suggest reading a book or watching tv while your toon sits in town. It can take hours to make that little bugger walk the earth sometimes.

ok well say that you sold an soj to get the count and sell one in like an hour and it only goes up by one count...does that mean that that iped server doesnt have the random soj count going? and any good sites that u know of for finding active ips...and how can u join a game from the ip?

eXoBLaCKY said:
ok well say that you sold an soj to get the count and sell one in like an hour and it only goes up by one count...does that mean that that iped server doesnt have the random soj count going? and any good sites that u know of for finding active ips...and how can u join a game from the ip?
This site does not like people posting other sites so its best just to go to google and look it up. Just type diablo and IP and you will get sites that specialize in clone hunting.

Now I am to lazy to do this so i just play the game (norm, nm, or hell) and wait until I hit a server with soj's being sold. If I do then I just check my IP (read up, its clearly writen how to do that) and if im not in hell already I grab my clone killer and go searching. Usually I give up after about 20 tries because im lazy but I have gotten the charm for every character I have and given many away so its still worth a few tires. Hunting for the IP is a very boring and thankless job which is no way to spend the night. I give a big thumbs up :thumbsup: to dredd for haveing the patience to do it to expand our knowledge base. Great job.

As for the random soj count I have not idea. I agree that at the beginning of ladder Blizzard was doing something to get the clone spawning in lots of games, but for quite a while I think it is more groups of people selling there own stockpile of soj making it work. So unless your are on an active server, where others are selling soj, I would not throw in a couple to help the count along, I think you would just be wasting them.

Jack :drink:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High