D3 on May 15th!

Re: D3 on May 15th!

Great! Good to have a set date so I can start saving out of my student budget right away.

Now, I should just take summer courses in uni and play the damn game for three months straight, instead of actually working, lol. One warm meal a day and Diablo 3 should suffice for the summer.

It's still the biggest downside, I agree.

hopefully servers will be stable after the first few days at least. The beta has been very good for reliability though, and almost completely lag free.

Great! Good to have a set date so I can start saving out of my student budget right away.

Now, I should just take summer courses in uni and play the damn game for three months straight, instead of actually working, lol. One warm meal a day and Diablo 3 should suffice for the summer.

so you have a cook then?????

Will there be an SPF for D3? I will play it through once with a group of RL friends (aka noobs) and then switch to SP if I like it enough.

Yea, I'm not sure how that's going to work. There's obviously no SP option for D3 but I like having our own separate forum.

I won't be getting D3, for a couple of reasons - but mostly no local SP option. I absolutely refuse to pay a premium to play a game that I can be banned from based on some whim from the server demi-gods that don't like the way I'm playing the game.

Instead, I'll be diving into Torchlight 2 when it comes out, as it has much more in common with D2 than D3 does - local SP, character customization, weapon switch, and, if the developers are to be believed, the best item meta-game that has ever been designed (we'll see on that).

Playing the beta has confirmed that I absolutely love the game and it dispelled most of my doubts about the game.

That's good to hear, as I still have doubts of my own. However, it does come out the day before my B-day :whistling:

Is the beta open for anyone who wants to play? How can I test D3 for myself?

Also, can someone explain the skill system to me? The game guide doesn't make a lot of sence out of it :(

was just thinking about pre-ordering when i saw 59.99 € while the game also costs 59.99 $.
guess i´ll have to create a battle.net account located in the US^^

I won't be getting D3, for a couple of reasons - but mostly no local SP option. I absolutely refuse to pay a premium to play a game that I can be banned from based on some whim from the server demi-gods that don't like the way I'm playing the game.

Instead, I'll be diving into Torchlight 2 when it comes out, as it has much more in common with D2 than D3 does - local SP, character customization, weapon switch, and, if the developers are to be believed, the best item meta-game that has ever been designed (we'll see on that).

+1
I`ll stay on D2

edit: Perhaps my viewpoint of D3 is shaped by D2 too much, though. Maybe now build planning isn't focused on the majority of the game as it was in D2, but instead build planning is linked mostly to Hell/Inferno only. The challenge lies in creating viable builds that can make it through the hardest difficulty. Maybe this excercise is enough to give us enough challenge to keep us playing the game for years.

Time will tell how long we'll be playing.

I do not think your viewpoint is wrong, I think it is right on. I have always looked at D3 with the way I play D2. I looked a D2 the way I played and enjoyed Diablo for four and a quarter years. Right now I see a major lack of replayability early on. I also see 10 character slots meant for us to have one of each class in normal and hardcore. Is the whole point of it Hell/Inferno difficulty only? If it is I see a major lack of tournaments. But I can see a lot of tournaments as well still. Though I am disappointed in way damage is calculated.

+1 for the not-getting-d3 crowd. No Nightfish in D3 for the foreseeable future either. I've probably ranted on the why of this a while ago and nothing has changed (for the better) since then.

I won't be getting it for the same reasons as those others who aren't, and the fact that my computer is pretty crummy, anyway. I had several people tell me it was coming out, and after years of joking about it never coming out, it was almost a bitter feeling since I realised I probably won't even care to try it. Oh well, if a friend of mine gets into it enough, I'll probably hear all about it.

+1 for the not-getting-d3 crowd. No Nightfish in D3 for the foreseeable future either. I've probably ranted on the why of this a while ago and nothing has changed (for the better) since then.

Fishy! Starlight_Wizard here, hope you'll remember me :p would you care to explain again or point us to that rant of yours? I would like to read your thoughts on this, very much.

I am with the rest who will not be playing, and for the same reasons. Furthermore, I am not one of the people fortunate enough to have a fast, reliable internet connection now or in the near future, so there would be no question of playing even if I wanted to.

I'm in no hurry. I'll get it at some point maybe, but I'm not optimistic that I will like it.

I'll be playing it, because it's another Diablo game. No further justification necessary on my part.

I'll also continue to play D2. I've invested too much time and energy to just drop it. Hopefully the SPF will remain active, despite the lack of true SP in D3.

I'm not getting it; something about the online auction/rmt thing really rubs me the wrong way and I don't want to get caught up in it. I'm not a huge fan of the online only thing either, although to be fair it seems as if most games do that now (plus they're really treating it almost as an mmo.... kind of... so it makes sense it would be an online thing). I just miss the days of regular single player games I guess. But it's the auction house thing I really just don't want to deal with.

Maybe I'll change my mind eventually and try it if I hear enough good stuff, but I'm not really excited about it. Plus I have enough RL stuff to take care of atm anyways, so it's probably for the best I'm not excited about it.

Beta is invitation only.

I understand that not having decent internet or computer is a problem for some, and that sucks.

The RMAH thing I understand, but you can choose to ignore it if you want.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High