D3 on May 15th!

Re: D3 on May 15th!

No D3 for me. I want to be able to play without internet.

When I go for a game I play it for a long time and I know that I won't always be around a fantastic internet. That and the fact that internet goes down when we really need it, life's a biaatch ^^

The RMAH thing I understand, but you can choose to ignore it if you want.

...Kinda. Depends on your play style. Personally, I'm a hoarder; I've done thousands of MF runs in D2 in the hopes of completing the grail. ATMA and GoMule have alleviated many of the stashing issues, and without it I'd hate the process of transferring items between accounts, not to mention dealing with organization.

In D3, yes, we have the shared stash, and it's substantially larger than a single character's stash in D2. However, compared to GoMule, it's still significantly smaller. If the total number of sets & uniques is equal to D2's, there's simply not enough space. It means you have to pick and choose what you want/need to keep. And if there's an item that you've found but choose to get rid of due to stash limitations, it means that you'll either need to do more runs to find it again... or pick it up from an auction house.

As much as I hate the online only aspect, this limited stash space is the one thing I absolutely hate about D3. I'd ignore the auction houses if I could, but after a while I think I'll be forced to use it.

Having played the Beta, a lot of my doubts went away and I will definitely be picking it up. Whether it will hold my focus as long as D2 did ... I am not sure.

I won't be getting D3, for a couple of reasons - but mostly no local SP option. I absolutely refuse to pay a premium to play a game that I can be banned from based on some whim from the server demi-gods that don't like the way I'm playing the game.

Instead, I'll be diving into Torchlight 2 when it comes out, as it has much more in common with D2 than D3 does - local SP, character customization, weapon switch, and, if the developers are to be believed, the best item meta-game that has ever been designed (we'll see on that).

Couldn't agree more. Also i hate internet disconnection.
Will stick to D2 and maybe try out Median XL a little more.

...Kinda. Depends on your play style. Personally, I'm a hoarder; I've done thousands of MF runs in D2 in the hopes of completing the grail. ATMA and GoMule have alleviated many of the stashing issues, and without it I'd hate the process of transferring items between accounts, not to mention dealing with organization.

In D3, yes, we have the shared stash, and it's substantially larger than a single character's stash in D2. However, compared to GoMule, it's still significantly smaller. If the total number of sets & uniques is equal to D2's, there's simply not enough space. It means you have to pick and choose what you want/need to keep. And if there's an item that you've found but choose to get rid of due to stash limitations, it means that you'll either need to do more runs to find it again... or pick it up from an auction house.

As much as I hate the online only aspect, this limited stash space is the one thing I absolutely hate about D3. I'd ignore the auction houses if I could, but after a while I think I'll be forced to use it.

Seems to me that you would love to play it if there was a SP/GoMule option:p

People on b.net have always been trading and operating with several accounts for mules. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Singleplayer through and through:)

Bullseye, friend. I think I'm gonna love to play it regardless, but I'd love it even more if it catered to my every whim. :smug:

I used to manage dozens of characters with offline TCP/IP before I found ATMA, so I could handle it if we could make mule accounts. But that's simply not possible this time since we're stuck with our maximum of ten characters per realm and no more.

Eh. I'll survive. I may not enjoy treating the auction houses as an extended stash, but it's better than having no options at all.

So we're only allowed 1 account per player?

You got it. In D2 you could create as many accounts as you'd like, but this time around your account is linked to your BattleTag. One BattleTag, one account. You can make an account in each realm but there's no item transfers from realm to realm. The only way to make a second account in the same realm is to link a separate CD-Key to a second BattleTag, and there's no direct link between the two accounts.

Ah that makes sense. Not saying that I'm liking it, but I should have known that Blizzard would be doing this.

I'm kinda looking forward to see how the whole item hunting will be in D3. Maybe there will just be way fewer items? Not sure if there has been a blue post regarding this.

It will be tough to give up Gomule for sure.

From what I understand there will be a ton of items, seems like more than there were in D2.

I am ejaculating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finallly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there's going to be even more items in D3, I'm curious how that will work out with the limited storage space.

I wont be jumping over to D3 straight away, primarily because my computer wont run it. Also there is very little I've seen or heard about it that gives me any confidence that I'd even like it. I'm trying to have an opened mind because I was late to get into D2 after playing the demo. The D2 demo was so bad that it took almost 2 years before I even looked at it again.

not considering it for now.
waiting for feedback about lag/server overload :p

My comp should be able to run it, however i might have to upgrade my IS plan for higher speed. plus it costs like 20% more in SE Asia :rant:

Fishy! Starlight_Wizard here, hope you'll remember me :p would you care to explain again or point us to that rant of yours? I would like to read your thoughts on this, very much.

Hey wiz, sure I remember you ;) I can't quite find my rant on why I don't want D3 anymore, forum search only shows me posts from 2006 :3. So I guess I'll try to sum it up again real quick.

I don't like what they're doing with the game on many levels. One of my main grievances is all the arbitrary limitations they are enforcing. Like cutting single player. And I find the reasons they put forth for this downright offensive on several levels. Also, no single player basically means no grailing, because how would you store all the items online? Which brings me to my next point:

The limit on character slots. I'm looking at 52+ guardians right now. I'm not sure how I'd do that with 10 character slots which seems the number they're giving me now. That alone is enough to ruin the game for me, even if there wasn't anything else wrong with it.

The real money auction house doesn't even get me as much as it does other people, although I assume this is the main reason they force everyone to play online. Nobody with 2 brain cells to rub together is buying the argument about providing a cheat free environment by cutting SP. Even if we buy into the argument that evereyone who plays SP is a cheating bastard, whom am I affecting by haxxoring it up in SINGLE player? Nobody, that's who. But what I'm not doing is buying and selling on the RMAH if I'm offline. And last time I checked blizzard took a cut every time somebody bought or sold stuff there.

Those are the main gripes I had from back when I last looke at D3, which was some time ago.

For me, it's not about saving 50$, I got the cash to spare and then some. But I wouldn't play this if I got it for free.

I must agree with most of Nightfish's post above. The RMAH grates as does SP not being involved. I travel on a 3 hour ferry almost every week so have 6 hours of laptop play with no wi-fi. D3 maybe not, d2 oh yeah...... Where I am building my new house has worse broadband than where I am currently (1.5 meg) and drops of fairly often.

+1 to ongoing d2 and no to d3. it does look good tho.......

I can agree with most of NF's post as well, but they aren't deal breakers for me.

You are looking at the cheating thing from the wrong perspective though. They aren't trying to keep offline people from cheating but instead keep bnet more free from cheats. I know that doesn't really change anything as the result is still the same with no SP. I also know that Bash/Jay have said some stupid things about cheaters and SP but I know that's not their motivation.

I still don't know if D3 can hold my interest with all of the things they have restricted, but I love D2 too much to not try it's sequel.

While I appreciate everyone's extreme patience in waiting on this game, hell I've been waiting since 2008, I will not be buying D3.

If I can't play on my own terms, it's not going to happen period. I'm not going to drop $60 bucks on a game that I might not be able to play due to several issues, server crashes, internet dropping, ect.

To everyone who do buy Diablo 3, enjoy. :thumbsup:

You are looking at the cheating thing from the wrong perspective though. They aren't trying to keep offline people from cheating but instead keep bnet more free from cheats. I know that doesn't really change anything as the result is still the same with no SP. I also know that Bash/Jay have said some stupid things about cheaters and SP but I know that's not their motivation.

I think I didn't make myself clear or you missed my point. It's like, how does it help keep battle.net free of cheats by not offering single player at all? It's not like I could have brought my filthy offline chars online now. That's my point.

For me, this is purely a **** move to enforce DRM some more and make everyone more likely to use the RMAH to get the cash flowing. I won't even get started on how offensive I find the way DRM is currently handled in gaming.

I do not need anyone to constantly breathe down my neck to keep me walking the straight and narrow. I am perfectly capable of spending 50$ on a good game even if it has no DRM whatsoever. Because I feel good about spending money for a good product. Because I believe that is what keeps good things being made.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High