D3 on May 15th!

Re: D3 on May 15th!

I'm in. Too bad I got into Diablo 2 so late (6 months ago). I wonder if I will come back and play D2 after I get into D3?

I'm in. Too bad I got into Diablo 2 so late (6 months ago). I wonder if I will come back and play D2 after I get into D3?

You'd better. You can't appreciate today without observing yesterday.

Hope to see my D3 peeps on May 16th. ...Because the Blizzard servers will surely get overloaded and burn out on release day...

I will try D3 and then probably come back to D2 because of the character planning in D2. I'm excited for the coming of D3 though.

So how are you guys ordering it?

I was thinking about a digital preorder/download?

Pre-ordered it last week from a web-shop. Two months is a long wait...

I'm thinking the same Skjolde but can game cheaper by 1/3 from amazon with delivery promised for 16th May which is fine as may 15 is a no go as have Mother in laws bday anyway.

For those have that have tried the beta, is it worth it? do you think it will still be around in ten years?

I won't buy it immediately...need a new PC first. New PC will have to wait for after our wedding party though...to see how much money is left :crazyeyes: Hope to get some feedback on the first days from you though!

It's impossible to say if it will be around for 10 years. But I'm in the beta and it really seems like a solid game. Being such a fan of the diablo franchise, I see no reason why I shouldn't be buying this game.

I have to wait a week for my exams to finish.... but then goodbye summer.

With being at work ive only found out about the RD from you guys, is there any news on console release for D3? dont think my current computer will be able to run it and i cant afford a new one :'( so if it is on console may test it on my 360 first...

I for one hope to see you all back at D2 on what..the 16th/17th? :wink:

Already pre-ordered through a national game store chain shortly after the collector's edition was announced. Now I just have to hope that location's doing a midnight release.

I'd say it'll likely be out on consoles; they've made it public knowledge that they're hiring console people, but haven't yet come out and said, "Yes, this WILL happen."

D3's longevity will suffer, I think. You can still plan builds. However, due to how skills/runes unlock as you level, you might not get the runed skill(s) you really want until you're nearly at the max level. There will be optimal ways to play character classes until you get to that point, so if every character you make will be cookie cutters for the majority of the game then there's no real "newness" to making new characters. It comes down to how happy you are to respec your characters & if you want to level new ones.

Plus, the items aren't really known. We have no idea how much desire there will be to do hundreds/thousands of runs anymore. Plus, with the auction house you can potentially get the exact items you want without putting in any of the effort of actually FINDING it; all you need to do is level a character, buy your gear, and that's it.

edit: Perhaps my viewpoint of D3 is shaped by D2 too much, though. Maybe now build planning isn't focused on the majority of the game as it was in D2, but instead build planning is linked mostly to Hell/Inferno only. The challenge lies in creating viable builds that can make it through the hardest difficulty. Maybe this excercise is enough to give us enough challenge to keep us playing the game for years.

Time will tell how long we'll be playing.

Last edited:

I'm going to wait until I can get it from a store. I want to have the box in my hands and open it for the first time. It'll be like I'm 8 years old again and it's christmas...

My brother-in-law preordered it for me for Christmas from Gamestop. I've got like $5 left to pay on it and it'll be mine. I got to play the beta Sunday and it was amazing. Only 2 hours of play time and I loved every second of it. As for the "difficulty," I think those people finding it too easy is because they've played through with every character 10 times now. It wasn't impossible by any means, but careless plowing through just to see what came next left me pretty mobbed a couple of times with some NDE's. HC made the close calls that much more exhilarating. I survived, but my time ran out before I made it to Leoric.

Having been a D2 fan for around 11 years now I am definitely looking forward to it and think the others in the SPF will be looking forward to it as well. I'm kind of glad that it's so close to summer for release. That way I won't be detracted from teaching for the last months of the school year, only the last 15 days or so.

I got a new laptop at Christmas time for $400 US (had to search for a couple of months to find this deal) on sale at Best Buy. First laptop I could find at that price with a dedicated graphics card and it ran the beta mighty fine. Not high settings for everything, but it was smooth and clean after running for about 5 minutes. For not having to spend twice that for a slightly better graphics card, I'm very happy. I don't think it'll have the most outrageous requirements to actually run on most computers, so GL if your shopping for something new like I was a couple of months ago!

The next two months are going to drag!

Will there be an SPF for D3? I will play it through once with a group of RL friends (aka noobs) and then switch to SP if I like it enough.

It's online only, but you can play alone of course.

Playing the beta has confirmed that I absolutely love the game and it dispelled most of my doubts about the game.

It won't be released on console, but it may come eventually.

It has DRM then. That'll be a big no from me then. Had issues in past with settlers 7 that meant any server issues couldnt play even though I was SP.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High