CoT / FoF / BoI vs Phoenix Strike

T72on1

Feb 12, 2016
I went through our mat/pat/guardian collection, also did a google search. And it seems that everyone who does an elemental MA Assassin goes with Phoenix Strike and not Cot/FoF/BoI. As I want to play a CoT / BoI Assassin in the next iteration of our BNet group game over at the Basin, I was wondering why that is.

I'm playing a PS Assassin in the current iteration of the group game and find it hard to make sure the right charge goes off. So as a consequence I'm often using the fire charge vs FIs, the lightning one vs LIs, and the cold one vs CIs. Moreover, looking at the damage numbers, CoT/FoF/BoI should be as strong as the respective charges of PS, in the case of CoT maybe even stronger, depending on how many of the charges hit the enemy (due to next delay on charge 2 and 3).

So yeah, long story short: why doesn't anyone seem to use CoT/FoF/BoI instead of PS? I have the feeling I'm missing something, but I don't immediately see what. So any insight would be appreciated.

Yes, but we already have two fire based builds, so I won't be using FoF. In the case of CoT, I'll mainly be using charge 2, unless enemies are all over the place. So that's the same amount of hits. For BoI it's even one less, since I'll mainly be using charge 2 as well, except when we need some extra cc on top of Mind Blast, CoS and that provided by the other players.

Really nice guide btw.

So yeah, long story short: why doesn't anyone seem to use CoT/FoF/BoI instead of PS? I have the feeling I'm missing something, but I don't immediately see what. So any insight would be appreciated.

Doesn't this force you to use Claw/Claw?

Getting the right charge is just practice in my opinion.

Solo maybe yes. This is in a 6 man group game, 7 for the new iteration. There is so much to see on the screen that's is almost impossible to see how many charges you have. Even trying to get off PS1 often didn't work, let alone PS2. It could just be me of course, not being able to do it. But I've had plenty of time to practice and just couldn't pull it off.

Doesn't this force you to use Claw/Claw?

No. It does force you to use Claw type weapons instead of any weapon, but Claw / Shield works too. Drops will determine if I go C/C or C/S.

No. It does force you to use Claw type weapons instead of any weapon, but Claw / Shield works too. Drops will determine if I go C/C or C/S.

Ah, you're right of course, I haven't played my MA Assassin in years, so I was hazy on the details.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High