Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

Re: Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

Agreed, I will notify Luda in the ETF. Maybe he forgot. I think Noodle knows the game is around since he posted in the Comm Forum yesterday iirc. Ray had indeed posted already but just that single one.

Only Jaago hasn't posted yet. He is not my prime suspect, but he is my number one lynch vote atm. I dislike inactivity no matter your role in the game.

Note from a newbie here:
I haven't played this game before, so to whoever wants to kill/lynch me
hold it off for a few days please :) let me get a hang of the game..

grtz

Noodle doesn't believe that the likelihood of you being mafia is contingent on the duration of your experience playing the game. Possible attempt to divert attention elsewhere? Seems a bit suspicious.

Noodle doesn't believe that the likelihood of you being mafia is contingent on the duration of your experience playing the game. Possible attempt to divert attention elsewhere? Seems a bit suspicious.

I agree with Noodle on that.

Anyone can be mafia regardless of being new or not. However, I am positive that CC is a townie or some townie or non mafia variant. My reasoning for CC not being mafia is based on the question: Why would the mafia seek to off one of themselves so early on the game. This does not help them in any way, but it will hamper the town if CC is town and we lose him.

Like I pointed out early on in the thred, I am suspicious of xvart for making pretty much the same comment as wickedswami.

So my suspicion list is now:

Xvart
Wickedswami

Lasylt, Jaago could be townie or mafia and we currently have nothing to point in either direction. But, his inactivity is hurting us so I..

vote: Jaago

If he shows up and convinces me otherwise befor ethe end of the day then I may change my mind.

I also seem to be unable to spell "lastly".

I agree with you about Crowd Control. Him being mafia just doesn't make sense.

Lack of a night kill on night one may signify the presence of a doctor who may have blocked a kill. If so, well done to the MD.

I agree with you about Crowd Control. Him being mafia just doesn't make sense.

Lack of a night kill on night one may signify the presence of a doctor who may have blocked a kill. If so, well done to the MD.

True, but if we do have a doc, and the night one kill was blocked... that seems to suggest that the person that was saved is free and clear of dying (lynching aside) for the first day. CC's situation has him dying if we do not lynch a mafioso. We may have a doc in the game, but I'm not convinced that the doc saved CC on the first night.

I don't think that me wearing this trap is a particular Doc-save. So I disagree on that too. Furthermore, Luda has replied in the ETF that he was just busy and will participate.

Jaago's post history shows he posts little for long stretches of time, but he did have activity today. That does not clear him as being afk for a while. It also gave him opportunity to have a Mafia PM conversation too beforehand. Therefore he is now my prime suspect too.

vote: Jaago

The thought crossed my mind aswell but it seems kinda harsh for us townies that a docsave comes with such an ultimatum. But its not impossible i guess

Call it an educated guess.

aman slipped up on the assignments and had three mafia members at the start. Then he sent out a second PM and redid all the roles. So I'm guessing we have three, possibly four or even five but who knows. As to the PM's of course I read and checked them both. I read every PM I get, and have them backed up in Gmail.

Also, when I rean the last game I had four mafiosos to thirteen people playing. We have... what fifteen? So, saying that there are atleast three mafiosos hiding amongst us is almost a given. Another one or tow beyond that, maybe.

Why didn't you mention this earlier? And why did you speculate 3-4 mafia members in your earlier post? If that's true about the prior mafia role, then it should be completely obvious that there's only 3 total mafia and the town would have benefited from you spilling that knowledge immediately.

Why's it completely apparent? Look at the assassin stickies. We know aman isn't exactly the most motivated (he got the rugged good looks and you can't have it all), so adding in another role or two to the side of the mafia after some problems is just not in the cards as far as his personality goes.

Someone will get put in a Saw trap during the day, and there are 3 mafia members in the game that get to kill nightly. In a game this size on the first day, we're looking for people that haven't formed any alliances because up until this post, they've undoubtedly been avoiding each other like the plague since their group is so small. That rules out a few people as mafia pairs (though I suppose it's possible that half of the pair could still be scum).

Factor that into a non-NK (and there's no doc save story so that's not what happened), and the mafiosos will probably not be the first few people into the thread because why not send a nightkill PM if you're around and watching the thread?

Not a lot to go on, but it narrows the search by speculation if only a little.

Just a thought:

Could CC's predicament be an indication of a serial killer?

Some games are known to start with the day phase and not go throught the night phase before hand. If this is the case, then we have an SK on our hands.

Liq:

We're not supposed to reveal PM contents between the mod (aman) and the players remember. So I can't reveal what aman's PM's to me the first time arround or the second time were. Since I said there were three the first time, and I can't reveal what was really said or who PM's went out to that I was also aware of.

But based on what I said, you can conclude that prior to aman's PM switcheroo, I was mafia. I got re randomized and not (like anyone else) can't speak as to my role in public. However, I do know who the other two mafiosos were.

As to revealing who they are, I'm not sure if that's a violation of the rules. If it is not then I will state them.

Of course I did not mention it at the start...suspicions would have gone flying very fast.

Assuming everyone's roles got re-randomized, knowing who was tagged mafia in the initial go around shouldn't impart any additional insight, I would think.

I think you're on the right track with the inclusion of a serial killer. My best guess for the actions of last night are that the mafia targeted someone, probably Liquid Evil (unless he's mafia, of course) or you, or a similar high profile player, was blocked by an astute doctor, and CC was targeted by the serial killer. Just a guess, but it makes more sense to me than the mafia only being allowed to Saw-trap a townie, or completely blowing their opportunity to kill someone. Frankly, if the mafia was inept enough to forget to kill someone when they had their chance, we have this game in the bag.

My gut thoughts at this time:

Likely Townies
Crowd Control
Gorny
Liquid Evil

Possible mafia
Jaago
wickedswami
xvart
ludacris

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

This game is lacking in entertainment value, so lets starts some unfair bandwagoning.

Vote: Sitro

for a noticable lack of tables, or talk of tables.

Noodle:

Not quite barking up the wrong tree, just maybe not high enough.

I'd also peg Ray Patean as a possible townie.
nicro...not so sure either way.

CC, myself and Ray were the mafia before things got switched.

I'm sure of myself and CC being townies, and venturing a guess as to Ray also being a townie.

I'm sure we have a few townie power roles too. No clue who or what yet - only assumptions.

This game is lacking in entertainment value, so lets starts some unfair bandwagoning.

Vote: Sitro

for a noticable lack of tables, or talk of tables.

Zaho!

You my man, are an ***.

Well you do look like one with Thy's *** on you there.

It's funny how my request for staying in the game for at least a few rounds has turned in me being high on the suspicion list already..
actually, it's not really that funny :s

nowhere in my post did i relate my newbie-ness with me being-mafia-or-not-ness. I simply asked that i would not be lynched/killed in the first round, because this game looks like fun, and I don't wanna be out too fast..

another thing: since we're all talking, the game started in day, and not in night, so imho, that's why there hasn't been a kill yet.. (see my former post for this)
Or am i wrong here?

Hmmm...wicked's post^^

Pure entertainment value?

Newb "I wanna live" Panic post?

Or mafia diversion type posting?

The SK does sound like a VERY plausible third party around. He would benefit from my kill as well as a Mafia Lynch. That has got to be it.

Gorny's assumption the 'old' Mafia team automatically being a Townie team is very naïve imo. Either that or you're playing a very well played reverse psychology card here. Either way, I do not suspect him for the moment anymore. And to add, guessing Townies have a couple of powerroles this game is based totally on nothing. Unless you know more than we do of course, which makes you less likely to be Mafiosi too.

Ray, however, is playing very silently. It could be rl restrictions, like Luda, but he is unusually silent in any case. Though if he were Mafia he wouldn't play the role like this imo. I'm still very curious about the silent players.

I just came to another rather unsettling conclusion: if I were to be saved today, my proved Townieness would most likely be shortlived as the Mafia have no reason to keep me alive.....darn.......

The SK does sound like a VERY plausible third party around. He would benefit from my kill as well as a Mafia Lynch. That has got to be it.

Gorny's assumption the 'old' Mafia team automatically being a Townie team is very naïve imo. Either that or you're playing a very well played reverse psychology card here. Either way, I do not suspect him for the moment anymore. And to add, guessing Townies have a couple of powerroles this game is based totally on nothing. Unless you know more than we do of course, which makes you less likely to be Mafiosi too.

Ray, however, is playing very silently. It could be rl restrictions, like Luda, but he is unusually silent in any case. Though if he were Mafia he wouldn't play the role like this imo. I'm still very curious about the silent players.

I just came to another rather unsettling conclusion: if I were to be saved today, my proved Townieness would most likely be shortlived as the Mafia have no reason to keep me alive.....darn.......

there goes my old arch enemy again :p

I'll call the Gambler's Fallacy card this time.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High