Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

Re: Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

CC: Who would you suggest putting under pressure today?

I will take it easy on the accusations, even if meant to humour things. This is serious! :nod:

I want to see some posts from the others as well. I'll build from there.
But can we be 100% sure this is the Mafia's doing? Aman definitely has a hand in this, but why would the Mafia risk a lynch of their own at the cost of the life of a Townie (me)?

I feel there is a third party in the game, playing both the Townies and the Mob. The group is big enough for it too.

What do you guys think? It doesn't make sense to let the Mafia risk of life of their own.

@ Sitr0- Because I know aman and nobody drastically changes their character including the hosts. We can sit on my assumption for today, but tomorrow should make it crystal clear whether we're up against an innovative host or a group of inept and unguided mafiosos. Bet on the latter.

Vote: nicro tower
For appearing inept and unguided (and consequently mafiaesque if can't make the leap).

I've never seen any of the SAW movies and totally missed the reference.

I figured CC would target me with that remark

nicro: Yeah there was a night one, check aman's initial postings in this thread.

CC: For the sarcastic bit, you missed it totally. You should review some of your pre-start of the game postings in other threads. I followed you with some sarcastic mafia related postings.One in Europe OT and the other in D3 Den of Evil OT.

No worries though, one minute we are partners in crime (aman PM snafu reference) and the next second who knows what... for all I know you could be my little brother townie.

SiTro: No patterns come to mind just yet. Aside from expectations about how certain people play the game (regardless of role) Nothing pops out at me just yet.

Random guess here: I'm betting that atleast one of our new guys is mafia. It's just a guess and I might be wrong on that.

@ Sitr0- Because I know aman and nobody drastically changes their character including the hosts. We can sit on my assumption for today, but tomorrow should make it crystal clear whether we're up against an innovative host or a group of inept and unguided mafiosos. Bet on the latter.

Vote: nicro tower
For appearing inept and unguided (and consequently mafiaesque if can't make the leap).

Aman said that the game started today, so I would of assumed that night phase starts today... Oh well.

Aman said that the game started today, so I would of assumed that night phase starts today... Oh well.

Never assume, it makes an *** out of you and me.

And someone innocent might die because of a silght miscalculation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq7FVtth39s

There you go Gorny. I avoided embedding it becuase some people may find it a bit too dark for their tastes.

@Gorny. I also had that feeling that one of the new guys is mafia (wierd that). We'll see what they have to say for themselves tomorrow i guess.

So what do you guys propose? Lynch each new player systematically until we find a mafia member? Sounds like scapegoating.

Okay, we're looking for some seriously inept mafia with the absense of a NK, so I'd like to target all of the newcomers that I've never heard of. If you're on the list below, tell me why you shouldn't be killed today

Hi Liquid. To answer your question, you shouldn't target me because lack of recent posting has no bearing on role assignments (as far as I know). Also because I am not scum. :wink:

and who, based solely on your gut (no need to back anything up with posts), deserves to die.

Well I don't think anyone deserves to die... but, since you are instigating some serious finger pointing with no explanation, I would say you! (Notice I'm not voting for you, though).

That's one hell of a twist to start!! I love the SAW reference (excellent films).

I agree. It's very clever. I look forward to seeing what happens.

I've just had a thought occurr to me. In SAW the woman who has her jaw wired to a bear trap lives on to become Jigsaws assistant (scum?).

Great point. This is true. Isn't there some sort of delayed killing role, where whoever is targeted will die the following day unless something happens?

xvart.

Currently, no one has really done anything to warrant a lynch vote by me.

I'm guessing that we have three, possibly four mafiosos. Also during signup, amam asked if there were any roles we wanted to see in the game. With that in mind, I would not rule out a few surpries specialty roles.

It seems that for those people who got a role assignment via the firsr PM from aman and then got a new role because of aman's slip up...there might be a bit of information there. If the roles were re-randomied, then previous mafia members are now townies. So those that were townies with the first PM are suspected mafioso until proven innocent.

CC is a townie I think.

CC is a Townie I'm sure.

I do not agree on the reversal of roles with the first or second PM. Aman screwed up but is not going into depth about why, so we just have to assume he rerolled the balance with a Hel and Scroll of TP.

I'm still suspecting three parties to be involved in the game. The two biggest being the Townies and the Mob and possible third being the Jigsaw or something (for Gorny: you'd better watch the movie or ask for explanation). Honestly, I think the first move is from a third party taking a life from the Townies and possibly one from the Mob.

From what I can recall, there was an extra name of someone not actually playing included with the list of active names.None other than DOC. This caused the assignment of roles (some of the roles??) to be off, causing ama to re do them.

xvart's comment about not being mafia scum puts him on my list of suspicious people for now.

xvart: What ca you say to disprove my suspicion?

Zhao: You have a valid point about scapegoating, but do you feel that atleast one newcomer is mafia?

........and Gorny. Play with us. Play like a Townie. Play without your stealthsuit.

Indeed, welcome back. But you're still not off my suspicion list. Though I am still awaiting responses from the last few who haven't posted yet.

Indeed, welcome back. But you're still not off my suspicion list. Though I am still awaiting responses from the last few who haven't posted yet.

Ooooook Mr. Innocnt Control.

You were known to be quite the serial one in the past......

Yeah, I don't rule out there is something alike in this game either. But this time I'm just your plain Townie doomed to die pretty gruesomely.

I'm also a big fan of the Gambler's Fallacy. Good to see someone else who can appreciate it's applications!

Lol, this is probably mentioned every other game yet players still don't under stand it.

gorny said:
Zhao: You have a valid point about scapegoating, but do you feel that atleast one newcomer is mafia?

Show me what I likes and write out the maths. That should support your case. :thumbup:

It seems that for those people who got a role assignment via the firsr PM from aman and then got a new role because of aman's slip up...there might be a bit of information there. If the roles were re-randomied, then previous mafia members are now townies. So those that were townies with the first PM are suspected mafioso until proven innocent.

Maybe the "mix up" was done intentionally to throw a little drama into the mix?

xvart's comment about not being mafia scum puts him on my list of suspicious people for now.

xvart: What ca you say to disprove my suspicion?

Just that I think you missed my winking smiley face after my claim? lol.

Also, I just have to add that before your post raising my suspicion level there was nothing mentioned about me or anything relevant to me (that I can see) back to your post:

Currently, no one has really done anything to warrant a lynch vote by me.

So... I'm not sure what changed your mind all of the sudden, lol.

Furthermore, based on that "logic," CC is also now scummy because of this post:
But this time I'm just your plain Townie doomed to die pretty gruesomely.

And, since you said:
CC is a townie I think.

That would mean I am also a townie, right? Does that help my case any?

xvart.

Lol, this is probably mentioned every other game yet players still don't under stand it.

I almost won € 150,- out of the € 10,- I started with with that gambler's fallacy on roulette......almost.

Of course it doesn't hold up forever.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High