Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

Re: Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

so Sitro who do you think was switched to Zhao last night

I'm not sure I feel that Nicro is necessarily a mafia because he posted that he was surprised at Zhao getting killed during the night. I myself was, I wouldn't say "surprised," but I didn't expect it. I will have to go back and reread day one to see if Zhao had anything that would make it super obvious that his death would be "unexpected."

SiTro - Are you trying to push a potential townie into being a mafia member because of a response similar to a previous game? I don't buy it, but I will wait to hear from Nicro later when he posts to see what he says.

Ray or Liquid; I would go Ray tonight since I'm not buying the whole aman is just randomly setting traps. After Ray dies (and is revealed as the SK or corrupt cop-ish role) I would then vote Liquid the next night (unless something comes out to prove his innocence).

I still think that Ray could be a SK, and I would rather get the SK tonight to eliminate the double kill each night and then go after the mafia, and let the cop do some more investigating.

I don't think I have been the main contributor today (at least compared to yesterday).

xvart.

Question of the day: Who did you all EXPECT be killed last night if it was so surprising

BoD, why do you suspect Luda besides a lack of posting

I don't really 100% know why. Sort of a gut feeling. I'm not acting upon it or calling the town to act upon it untill he has a chance to post something again.

I understand why your asking but I was reading and couldn't really take it in just read you know. So I couldn't really analyze and think of anything to write and headed for bed early.

I completely understand and that is fair enough.:yes:

Whoever is on the lynchblock will usually be the main contributor, except for me, as I usually take a passive role.

Anyways, Bad Ash, it was unexpected because, well Zhao hasn't really posted that many aggressive posts or anything.

And besides, why would a mob member be surprised at Zhao's death?

Whoever is on the lynchblock will usually be the main contributor, except for me, as I usually take a passive role.

Anyways, Bad Ash, it was unexpected because, well Zhao hasn't really posted that many aggressive posts or anything.

And besides, why would a mob member be surprised at Zhao's death?

the reasoningi s you and zhao are mafia brothers. You submitted a NK who was then switched by the bus driver to kill Zhao, someone you didnt think could be night killed makingyou surprised

so Sitro who do you think was switched to Zhao last night

I'll deconstruct that for a second first.

Your statement assumes that there is a bus driver in play, and that they switched Zhao with the intended nk target.

So what you're actually asking me there is, "Were I anti-town, who would I choose to kill?"

Taking as read that the assumption is valid, at the start of the night, the bus driver must have been considering a similar question. (Maybe a bit more clouded when you take into account the other roles they could interfere with) If that was me, I'd be tempted to switch Liq with someone. He's a vocal player, which often means he draws players out, creating more chances for them to reveal something they're trying to conceal or just giving them enough opportunities to leave clues to their alignment. He's also fairly experienced at these games, meaning he knows what to look for in a player.

Zhao's not a bad player by any means either. Again, he's played enough of these games to know what signs indicate a player is a townie or not. Why mention him here, when he's the player who I'm suggesting might have died in someone else's place? Well, because the person found dead in the morning won't be anti-town. However, if they're switched with someone else, then their replacement might be. So if I was the bus driver, and looking to interfere with the nk, I'd look to swap two players who I thought were at risk of being nk'ed. At least that way there's a chance the town might gain an advantage even during the night.

Know what I'm sayin'?

I don't know. The "I'm sure gorny is a townie" -thing is kind of out of place, but the situation could theoretically still have turned to xvart's lynch. But I think I see some of what you're after. I'll look more to it after I get some sleep.

Heck. I'll throw a bone first.

Vote: noodle

the reasoningi s you and zhao are mafia brothers. You submitted a NK who was then switched by the bus driver to kill Zhao, someone you didnt think could be night killed makingyou surprised

That's racist. You just say that because we're both Asian (I think).

Anyways,

It woulda been unexpected if the mafia lynched anyone who was playing a passive/semi-passive role, as those people would be naturally considered lower on a priority list no? If you were mafia, who would you choose to NK, the passive ones, or those who actively try to find you?

On an unrelated note:

Vote: Ray Patean

because he was the one who started the Gorny bandwagon.

I don't know. The "I'm sure gorny is a townie" -thing is kind of out of place, but the situation could theoretically still have turned to xvart's lynch. But I think I see some of what you're after. I'll look more to it after I get some sleep.

Heck. I'll throw a bone first.

Vote: noodle

A. not the first vote placed today

B. not the first vote placed on NOODLE today

C. Sitro you didnt even really answer my question unless you are saying that IF there was a bus driver then they MIGHT have switched liquid and Zhao. Is that right? (just trying to get the gist of it haha)

Meh, I'm on the fence, but he seems a better choice than most.

I'm not buying this passive aggressiveness. Why is he a better choice than most?

Question of the day: Who did you all EXPECT be killed last night if it was so surprising

I expected someone to die, but I didn't expect anyone particular to die. I think I have an expectation of two possible people who might die tonight, one of which is me if the other one has an announcement to be saved by the doctor (provided there is one).

xvart.

Jaago? If you're thinking about him,I don't think he can be saved by the doctor, as he dies during the day.

If you arent, who else do you think is going to die? And how? There's only 1 NK per night, unless there's a vigilante, or other similar role.

Jaago? If you're thinking about him,I don't think he can be saved by the doctor, as he dies during the day.

If you arent, who else do you think is going to die? And how? There's only 1 NK per night, unless there's a vigilante, or other similar role.

No, I'm not talking about Jaago. I do think there is another role, the delayed SK or whatever role is setting the traps. I realize that there is only one NK and I would rather not say who I think it might be at this time, because it may hurt the town to reveal at this time (if I am correct in my reading).

xvart.

Don't have much time to post now, so i'll just place a few questions

1) why do you think zhao was the one who got nk-ed?
2) can anyone explain the 'bus driver' to me? I've never heard of such a player in this kind of game
3) howcome we didn't get to know zhao's role once he died?
4) (i'd like everyone to answer this one): do you think there is an sk in the game? or do you think Aman randomly chooses someone for the traps

i'll have to read through most of the posts again in order to give my opinion on the current situation

Firstly. A bus driver (although aman's style) doesn't really fit with the theme of this game, does it?

Secondly. Why all the anti-Ray sentiment? Would a mafioso really tie himself to the outcome of a wrong lynch, that he himself would already know the outcome of, on the very first day of the game? If anything, Ray should be elevated rather than suspected.

Thirdly. Mafia says what?

Sitro you didnt even really answer my question unless you are saying that IF there was a bus driver then they MIGHT have switched liquid and Zhao. Is that right? (just trying to get the gist of it haha)

Actually, I think I did answer your question. The point being, I'm suggesting the possibility of a bus driver in this town, whereas you were assuming there was one when you asked your question. Part of my response was showing the distance between our two positions.

The other part was probably more what you were looking for as an answer. If I was a bus driver last night, I think I'd have switched Zhao and Liquid, for the reasons I posted.

Liq: You're the last person I thought would advocate theme over style, after your explanation of Liquid's Gambit. Also, where's the bacon?

Ray does seem to have stuck his neck out a bit far early on in this game. To the people lining up to take an axe to it, if you were mafia would you be happy with a one for two trade like this? (Ray's death in exchange for that of Gorny and CC, both plain townies)

Actually, I think I did answer your question. The point being, I'm suggesting the possibility of a bus driver in this town, whereas you were assuming there was one when you asked your question. Part of my response was showing the distance between our two positions.

The other part was probably more what you were looking for as an answer. If I was a bus driver last night, I think I'd have switched Zhao and Liquid, for the reasons I posted.

Liq: You're the last person I thought would advocate theme over style, after your explanation of Liquid's Gambit. Also, where's the bacon?

Ray does seem to have stuck his neck out a bit far early on in this game. To the people lining up to take an axe to it, if you were mafia would you be happy with a one for two trade like this? (Ray's death in exchange for that of Gorny and CC, both plain townies)

You would always always trade 2 for 1. Our last game not 1 mafia was lynched by the town. It is not an easy thing to do. if we did 2 for 1 the entire game the town would win.

I am away from 11-2 (10:08 right now my time) but will be back for final thoughts.

we NEED to lynch someone today, people who arent voting pick a side, live or die!

I had a fleeting hope that the town might activate. :p

I don't want to lynch Ray today. He is not scummy, I put my life on it. :coffee:

I also don't want to lynch Nicro or Luda even though others might. It's too random for my taste to lynch a person who hasn't contributed much anything.

Now we get to the juicy bits. I'd propose lynching either Noodle or Liquid. On their own neither of these guys would be suspicious enough warrant a vote from me., but it's their interaction that intrigues me.

Bad Ash already alluded to this possibility, and I'm gonna run with it. The co-play has been quite small and meaningless: a back-up here, a vote and a little mockery there. (You're not going to get your partner iced with a semi-random vote when there are much heavier suspects in the meta-game.) The most suspicious and solid (Read: non-Liquid) is that Liq actually says he's not sure about his vote. I've played a good few games with Liq and can't remember him being uncertain about his vote before.

In short: I think it's either that they're both scum or I'm a paranoid fool and they're both townies.

Looking at the numbers, i'm afraid i'll have to agree with bad ash. A no-vote might not be the best option today. (someone asked me that question at the beginning of this day, this is my answer)

BUT, i'd like to advise everyone to not jump to conclusions. Don't lynch someone BECAUSE we need a lynch. Only vote for a person if you're 90% (or sth like that) sure that he is mafia (or SK, if there is one)

About that, I'd really like to hear everyone's toughts on the SK part, if there is one, imo, we'd be better off killing him first, because it only requires 1 hit to stop him. And if we do find out the SK, that's 1 death LESS every day, if we lynch a mafia today, there's still some left (2, according to gorny, god have his soul) and the killing will continue.

I've been reading through a lot of the posts again, and can't really say i'm sure about someone being a 'bad guy' yet.
We'll have to increase activity in these last 6 (right?) hours of the day if we want to get a good lynch today.

I'll do my best to be active as much as I can, though I can't promess anything.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High