Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

Re: Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

I'm getting a little frustrated. I think it was Cassandra in The Oddysey who was cursed to foretell of future danger, only to be ignored.

Let's take a look at Gorny's lynch vote:

Ray called him out first, saying, "The town sucks if you don't vote for Gorny." Clearly trying to intimidate others to start the lynchtrain.

Then bandwagoners joined: Zhao, DLoveSwe, xvart, Jaago and Bad Ash. Anyone I'm missing?

Most suspicious to me: Ray patean, xvart.

My suspicion now lies on the people who did not post much at all, since they knew that it didn’t matter if Gorny or I got lynched because the outcome would be the same for them: either Gorny or I dead and CC dead, with either Gorny or I possibly being the next target of the town.

I think Ray was pretty resilient about getting the lynch train on Gorny, without any real reason why other than Gorny appearing to be the “over helpful mafia member in disguise.â€

I'm telling you...Gorny is mafia. We need two more votes to seal this.

The town sucks if you don't vote for Gorny.

Putting a lot out there Ray. This will help show whats up after a statement like that

I tend to agree with Bad Ash here.

xvart.

Most suspicious to me: Ray patean, xvart.

As I just posted above, I agree with you on Ray. However, I think it should be clear that if we had done what I suggested, and fought for, we would only have one dead townie today: CrowdControl. And, the town would be much better off (although to be truthful, I would still be looking at Gorny as being potential mafia, but he would have another whole day to convince us otherwise, while we would be able to look at others behaviors as well and compare to previous statements.

xvart.

Yes, I'm still quite sure we don't have a Serial Killer. I think the person getting into the trap from Jigsaw is being chosen at random by Aman, to add a twist to the game.

As for yesterday, I just really thought Gorny was acting too ignorant of common mafia rules (Doc saves, using log-in times is a no-no) for someone with his experience in these games to NOT be mafia. The lynch train for xvart was seemingly stalled, and a no-lynch is terrible for the town. I'm sorry guys, I made a mistake and it cost us two townies. Let's not make that mistake again today.

Yes, I'm still quite sure we don't have a Serial Killer. I think the person getting into the trap from Jigsaw is being chosen at random by Aman, to add a twist to the game.

That would put the town at a huge disadvantage, with no way to kill the Jigsaw persona. With a SK, as least the town has the ability to stop those murders. If it was just aman randomly picking someone, then it would never end until everyone was dead, since we cannot stop it.

xvart.

We could have saved Crowd Control by lynching a mafia. Just makes accurate lynching that much more of a priority.

However, I think it should be clear that if we had done what I suggested, and fought for, we would only have one dead townie today: CrowdControl. And, the town would be much better off

So you want to lynch me today? Come on. There's no reason to lynch the trapped guy. Lynching people who aren't gonna die anyways is the only action that gives us a choice. We can't just hope that all the scum gets trapped (if it's even possible) and ignore the fact that getting the upper hand (or winning) is more difficult each passing day.

Lynching the trapped person is a worse move than what I did yesterday. That would be like picking a name out of a hat and deciding to lynch that person. Why settle for what is given to us, when we can go out and try to find a mafia member and save the person in the trap.

So you want to lynch me today? Come on. There's no reason to lynch the trapped guy. Lynching people who aren't gonna die anyways is the only action that gives us a choice. We can't just hope that all the scum gets trapped (if it's even possible) and ignore the fact that getting the upper hand (or winning) is more difficult each passing day.

No... I don't. Seriously, how many times do I have to say I would only do it on the first day:

My point is that if we lynch CC, we only lose one person: CC; and, we learn his role, and we avoid the possibility of losing two pro-town members. I believe this logic is sound, especially considering it is the first day and fingers are pointing over relative minutia.

Had this conversation started on any other day, I would not suggest killing CC

Of course not. I didn't mean to give that impression. I thought I explained that I would not suggest this on any other day.

Which is why I said I would only suggest what I did on DAY ONE.

Even if it is a no lynch, on THE FIRST DAY, it is still a better option than shooting in the dark and possibly killing another townie. Then tomorrow we will have more information, whether the trap repeats, whether there is an actual night kill, and much much more to help us save the town.

Nowhere have I suggested to lynch you. In fact, in my previous posts today, I was alluding to Ray exhibiting scummy behavior.

xvart.

So who should we lynch?

I'm not ready to suggest lynching anyone at this time, because I would like to hear what everyone else has to say as a reaction to the night kill and the new trap. However, I will say that as of right now, Ray appears to be slightly scummy or possibly even a serial killer, since he has been so adamant about there not being a serial killer (even after a night kill AND another trap).

xvart.

Any specific reason as to why we should lynch Noodle?

Noodle.

Vote: Noodle

As confident about that vote as you were in post 213, when you voted to lynch Gorny? How'd that turn out for you, Liq? Maybe I was wrong dissuading others from voting against you earlier.

Where is everybody?

Jaago: How probable do you think each of your options are? Does Gorny showing townie affect your view of Xvart?

With a talkative grop like this, I'm sure we'll find at least one scummy player today... Yeah, right. I'm good as dead.

I really don't know what to think about xvart. He did sound like a townie, so I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Gorny showing town doesn't really change my views at all; it's perfectly normal to defend oneself in such a strife.

As to who I think is scum... I need to see more, but Liquid seems to be even more assertive than usually and then there's Nicro who's posts have been as empty of content as Farhnam the Drunk's bottle.

Nicro reminds me of someone I met in a gangland massacre.

Vote: nicro tower

Does anyone else have any feelings about Ray? Does anyone think something is up about him continuing to say there is not a SK?

xvart.

Not here. Ray knows Aman well enough to be able to draw those kind of conclusions. Just as if Liquid_Evil was hosting we could be fairly sure there wouldn't be a village idiot, and just as I'm sure that with Aman hosting we probably have at least one bus driver in this round.

Which provides a nice segue onto my next paragraph. For those of you who missed the reference in my previous post, The Gangland Massacre was a Mafia game previously hosted on these forums about a year ago. Aman played the role of the bus driver and on one night successfully swapped the mafia's target with the mafia Godfather. He was then able to use the reaction of a subsequent mafia player to deduce that they were scum and get them lynched.

And nicro's posting today for me drips with surprise at the nk. I'm suggesting to the town that we might have a bus driver and that they might have swapped the mafia's choice of target last night. That doesn't necessarily make Zhao ex-mafia. Your thoughts?

For reference, the game I'm on about is here. It's a good read, has some glory moments by Aman, the genesis of the fabled Mafia Points system (hated by many as a tool for truth) and comic relief provided by a vast supporting cast of nubs.

that is a good point Sitro...Nicro who WERE you expecting to be killed and WHY were you surprised that he was dead?

anyone have any reasoning on why posting has slowed down so much? Mafia not wanting to reveal too much? Gorny and CC were big posters, but not so much that we should have this much quiet. Are the ones not posting as much suspectable?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High