City Mafia Game Thread

Re: City Mafia Game Thread

Aaaaand that's a lock... Whew, I almost panicked there for a second...

[Youtube]Np4-4OcZeEs[/Youtube]

25auepz.gif

Also, Fred was actually Mafia, I was the one who killed Laarz. Wonder why he revealed himself.

Laarz was mafia too. And the avatar has nothing to do with the SK role, it's the first time I have played as one.

Figures. I was walking home from work yesterday trying to figure this SK thing out, and I realized if I had to guess who actually would have picked the SK role with no other knowledge, it would have been you. But with all the pressure on me I figured I could only go after one, and RE seemed way more likely taking the thread info into account. At least my mistake didn't cost us the game, as if I had not made it likely would have been RE on the block today which would not have changed anything.

FoE was mafia, huh? Must have actually been the vig, just claimed otherwise. When you killed Laarz, did you get role thief or ninja result?

Yeah, that was a gutsy move. Claim day one before most people had even voted. Made the right call though, it really worked.

Gwaihir, I got "Mafia. Role Thief". Pyro, there was no way tree-stump wouldn't get picked with Noodle, Ankeli and Kestegs before me. I also killed Kestegs and Zemaj, both were vanilla.

I'm really impressed nobody took doctor and double voter. Wondering what was the special win condition too.

Looking back, if I had to do it all over again, I would have taken doctor in a heartbeat, was stupid on my part really. I guess thats what experienced play gets you though..FoE must have targeted you last night! Thats why there was only one kill today, it all makes sense now.

As mentioned, the game has ended. Nothing can prevent the Serial Killer from winning now.

Congratulations to Valhauros for a most excellent display of luck in claiming on day one without knowing for sure anyone had pulled the Treestump before him.

I'll have a full write up coming in later.

Setup and action dump:
Bids and roles chosen: (The 'M' signifies mafia)
*M01. Noodle 2 / 7 - Treestump
*02. Pyrotechnician 6 / 12 - Hider (Every *odd* night)
*03. Ankeli 9 / 2 - WIN CONDITION / Lynch someone who performed a NK the previous night.
*04. kestegs 12 / 2 - WIN CONDITION -> Vanilla
*05. Goryani 16 / 10 - Tracker
M06. FredofErik 8 / 3 - One-shot Vig
*07. Valhauros 8 / 15 - Serial Killer
*08. RlyehExiled 8 / 19 - Party Host
*09. Gwaihir 7 / 1 - Coroner
*10. Sathoris 7 / 2 - Jailkeeper
*11. zemaj 7 / 3 - Treestump -> Vanilla
*M12. Flubbucket 7 / 11 - Bus driver
*M13. Laarz 1 / 4 - Ninja
*14. Bad Ash 1 / 1 - Rolecop
*M15. Asrrin 1 / 1 - Coroner -> Vanilla
*16. ThunderCat 1 / 2 - Role Thief
*17. coju 1/ 2 - Bomb
*18. Fluffyknowsyou -> Gambor x / x - Rolecop -> Vanilla

Night actions:
NIGHT 1 ACTIONS:
*Val kills kestegs (result: Dead kestegs)
*Bad Ash rolecops Asrrin (result: Vanilla)
Gwaihir investigates the moderator (result: Dead Gwaihir)
*Sathoris Jails Ankeli
*Laarz kills Pyrotech (result: ineffective; Pyro is hiding tonight)
flubbucket busdrives Noodle and BadAsh
*ThunderCat rolethiefs Noodle (result: TC gets Rolecop, Bad Ash gets rolethief)
*Goryani tracks Ankeli (result: visited nobody this evening)

NIGHT 2 ACTIONS:
*Val kills zemaj (result: dead zemaj)
*Gwaihir investigates kestegs (result: Vanilla town)
*Sathoris jails Ankeli
*Bad Ash rolethiefs Pyro (result: Ash gets Hider; Pyro gets rolethief)
flubbucket drives Goryani and Valhauros
*Goryani tracks Noodle (result: visited nobody this evening)
*ThunderCat rolecops Ankeli (result: fails; jailkept)
*Laarz kills Sathoris (result: dead Sathoris)

NIGHT 3 ACTIONS:
*Gwaihir investigates Sathoris (result: Town Jailkeeper)
*flubbucket bus drives FredofErik and coju
*Valhauros kills Laarz (result: dead Laarz)
*Pyrotechnician steals Laarz's role (result: Pyro = ninja, Laarz = role thief)
*Goryani tracks Valhauros (result: Val visited Laarz)
Fred vigs ThunderCat (result: dead ThunderCat)
Laarz kills Goryani (result: dead Goryani)
*ThunderCat rolecops Noodle (result: Treestump)

NIGHT 4 ACTIONS:
*FredofErik kills Valhauros (result: failed)
*Valhauros kills Bad Ash (result: dead Bad Ash)
*Gwaihir investigates Laarz (result: Mafia Role Thief)

NIGHT 5 ACTIONS:
*Valhauros kills FredofErik (result: Drop Dead Fred)
*Gwaihir investigates zemaj (result: Town, vanilla)

Thoughts:

Over all, this game turned out a lot better than I had expected. I totally expected a sweeping victory of one team over the other; instead, we had a game that was neck and neck all the way down to the end. Even mafia had a slim chance of victory... up until FredofErik claimed Val's kill for himself.

If I were to run another game like this in the future, I would change a few things. Probably less roles to choose from, and explain in detail what each role is before bids started. I fielded a lot of questions about role mechanics. Generally speaking, if you were asking about your own role, I'd answer the question. If you were asking about someone else's role, I would not. Some roles I would not include again. The Special Win Condition I was not happy about (apologies to Ankeli).

The rolethief I found to work better than expected. To answer the question posed by someone in PM: If the role thief targeted the serial killer, he'd have canceled his kill action and killed the thief instead. It was the best way to keep things fair.

I'm happy everyone saw the Mason roles for the trap they were and nobody chose them. In the future, I'd likely not add them in again.

I really hope everyone had a lot of fun. I know it was a bit disorganized at the start (the amount of record keeping was more than I had anticipated), but to me it seemed like everyone really got into the WIFOA aspects, and it was simply hilarious to see some of the reasons people wanted to lynch someone else. My favourite was Ankeli's lynch. Sath jailkeeps Ankeli; TC gets a null read; Ankeli gets lynched as the Godfather. Hilarity ensures.

Links:
Dead Head Thread:
http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/Aax9K9r2evhC

Mafia Thread:
http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/46JJUhrcSMFrM

Congratulations once again to Val. Winning as a serial killer is hard enough as it is; combined with the amount of landmines he had to avoid and investigative roles capable of seeing him, his winning was close to a miracle. Goryani had him pegged and tracked him to Laarz the same night that FredofErik killed Goryani. That's serendipity there.

Congrats to Val, honestly the day 1 claim I think is what swayed me most to not suspecting you, a hella risky gambit but one that paid off.

If I was to play again, I'd ethier pick PH and acctually yell "NK me" more, or go for something else...but alas.

@CG: Was the SK bomb proof? If the SK killed the bomb would he explode? Was the SK day kill proof from the bomb/day vig?

Nicely done Valhauros. Congratulations.

Once again, Caluin, a great game you've hosted here. I admit I haven't followed it as much as I wanted to, but it was a pleasure to play in. I've added your game into the statistics thread.

*09. Gwaihir 7 / 1 - Coroner
*M15. Asrrin 1 / 1 - Coroner -> Vanilla

Ouch, I was not going to be doing much there. they knew I was out there.

Night actions:
NIGHT 1 ACTIONS:
Gwaihir investigates the moderator (result: Dead Gwaihir)

Apparently coroner role is also immune to the modkills. Who knew?

Thanks for the game CG, that was a ton of fun. Loved the stories and flavor of the game, even if my head is still hurting from all the wine.

Huh, rolethiefing the SK would end up with a dead thief...interesting way to do it but I guess there was no other way. HA! if I didn't pick a protective role I would have been dead from the start. I knew that it was a good choice, doctor still would have been better. I wish Goryani would have survived, that would have made it 10 times easier from that point on.

Oh, could noodle have submitted kills as a stump? If so that is super powerful.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High