Blade Fury Analysis

Re: Blade Fury Analysis

Then you'd understand that a furysin is far different than a trapper, being in the same tree as nothing to do with the name of the build, and that this is just splitting hairs for no reason other than your preference to mix builds to confuse others.

Go around the battle.net and ask any number of players to list all builds that come to their minds within 20 seconds, which they would call trappers.

I bet one in a dozen would mention a furysin, if any at all. It's just NOT what the trapper means for the people and thus your stubborn attempt to flush furysins into trappers is pointless.

When your best friend has a wife and a female dog, you don't greet him with "How's your b!tch doin', mate?", even though the word means "female dog". Language is not Maths; it's not black and white, true or false, right or wrong. Language evolves. When 99% of the population is fully aware that b!tch is a vulgar word, you don't go around screaming that word at every female dog you see because "it's a dog, it's female, so it's a b!tch, period".

but you can, it may not be socially acceptable but no one is going to so long as you dont scream these words aloud in public, at that point it dosent matter what is being said unless it is religious preachings, your going to be fined for disrupting the peace. its not what was said its how it was said. im not yelling, calm down language police. your speach, if kept in a non threatening tone, and volume, is 100% unregulated. im done playing with you last post. concerning this.

20 seconds go bf sin
ls sin
WoF sin
ds sin
5 seconds... thats all the "trappers" used.

So a Blade Sentry / Wate of Inferno focused assassins are not trappers then? :whistling:

It does not matter what's outlawed and what is not. You don't get jailed for calling a bf sin a trapper, or for calling an enchantment sword-swinging sorc a firesorc. It's just mindless.

Have it your way. Go around calling your furysin a trapper. I don't give a crap.
And go ask your friend how's his b!tch doing, I'm sure his first response will be that his dog is well, thank you.

Last edited:

then what is she? a martial sin, a shadow sin or a trap sin?
if you say shadow and matial yer just retarded.

narerull yer just posting so you can get around the censor progam. honestly that "!" you have placed so you can have that word be seen, is acctually aginst forum rules and is bannable. in fact this whole topic is off topic, wich is aginst rules also. so since you have already mentioned that you dont care, and it dosent affect you in any way, you can keep yer quippy fingers firmly stuck out of veiw.

Do you really see BF as a trap,no way is BF a trap,yes its in the trap tree but I think thats because of its relation with Blade sentinel and even Shockweb which are both thrown but are also traps.

The thing is out of all the skills in the trap tree BF is the most distinctely none trap.A trap to me is something you lay ahead of a person for them to walk over/into.Nothing about BF can be seen as traplike.

How do you even "trap" something with a tool that you have to throw at an eye's distance...? It's more of a intrapping skill for yourself with that horribly slow startup. They're in your face by the time you start shooting them.

blade fury isnt the only skill a bf sin uses, at least mine dosent, ive maxed Bsentinal and shield aswell, how is that not a trap, besides traps are meant to lead a monster to, not drop on top of so if you want to get down to it a trapper never acctually traps.

in yer face before you shoot? have you ever acctualy played on thugh the game, they shoot off screen, just shoot before you see them, and 8 out of 10 times the SM tele kicks in to the center and starts dealing pain and distraction giving you pleanty of time to lay a sentinal or two and spam thrugh with BF.

blade fury isnt the only skill a bf sin uses, at least mine dosent, ive maxed Bsentinal and shield aswell, how is that not a trap, besides traps are meant to lead a monster to, not drop on top of so if you want to get down to it a trapper never acctually traps.

in yer face before you shoot? have you ever acctualy played on thugh the game, they shoot off screen, just shoot before you see them, and 8 out of 10 times the SM tele kicks in to the center and starts dealing pain and distraction giving you pleanty of time to lay a sentinal or two and spam thrugh with BF.

Oh well, I can take a beating and I got to put Blade Shield to use. Don't like Sent though. It's fairly slow and has a buggy casting. I deal more damage just hurling BF non-stop. Sent is only good for making them flinch when your try to get near you.

I just charge into a mob and aim my BF at a distant target like a oblivion knight. Mind blast em if they're too much for me to handle. Pin stronger things into a wall with MB until merc's decrypt kicks in. Handle everything easy cept baal's final minions. My shadow is too low of a level to tank them for long. And BF is useless when they're in your face knocking you around before you can use the skill. I don't know any way to deal with them easily. Maybe I should wear cleglaw's gloves for KB and slow. KB, slow, and carrion's twister make a nasty combo.

Hell, my SM never wants to use DF. It hides behind me half the time and keeps using MB to annoy me. I need a tougher merc, but im lacking ideal gear for him.

Anything that shoots off screen just gets cloaked by me and rendered useless.

i dont use a merc, i just hadnt gotten my next doom yet. i use mine mainly for Cs runns, she is far faster than an hdin, and i messed her build up, i should have went c/c
but lemme tell ya i switched weapon to this baaad ewarfist.
massive dmg, ar, lifesteal only 25% ow though.
i did switch to a carrion and the stun is a godsend.

my tacticks are to run a screen lay a field of blades, if i see mana or life swirls or torch proc or sword, i drop 2 sentinals, SM does one of five things
runs in circles
stands and watches
mind blast then kick
DS then kick
ds then mind blast
its usually mb then kick.
and i continue to spray blades, i got a sweet Eternity Ettin. 325%ed now, im about to rm in to an eEternityEttin, much more dmg. the slow% totals 43% with my arachs, plus hit blinds target, monsters hardly move. i never take said beating.
i use a poison faceted ss, poison faceted shako, pvm poison faceted gbane pvpperfect bramble(oh yes pvp is fun), trang gloves.

i die alot pvp, but the dmg vs casters, druids, necros, sorcs, and such is just so devistating they get confused and stay about a screen away and thats where im most affective.

And yet none of this can magically change a furysin's name.

btw, it was never stated that they'd only use BF. I guess you just assumed it, but they don't. For starters, they'd be pretty heavy in the shadow skills ;)

well c/c gives more dmg, more ar, i cant remember if the crite strike is transfered or not but that, then there is 61% chance to block almost everything with out spending dex, while attacking or standing still, bf is an attack.

why would any of that change its name, i didnt say anything about it not being a fury sin, you just think to narrowly to understand its just a different kind of trapper.

c/c works in pvp, but when mentioning chaos runs, then it's free to change. c/c is not stronger.

w/s adds more due to the extra mods there for damage. Still, c/c is best if pvping.

PS: calling it a trapper is calling it a not-furysin ;) it isn't even a different kind of trapper. Fire is a different kind, blade fury isn't. If you insist on confusing names, that's fine. to call it fact is going to get you no where.

im not confusing names im just disagreeing with what you say. no confusion.
how is calling it a trapper calling it a not-fury sin? thats just ludacris
trapper denotes an assasin that specializes in the thrap tree, a martial to the martial tree, and a shodow for both assasins, if you play any assasin well you are adept in most shadow diceplines, or you PHailj. yes that is a capitaal ph and a silent j.

I think the difference between connotation and denotation is not one for this thread. Can a mod please delete the last 5 (?) pages of this otherwise perfectly healthy topic. :(

im not confusing names im just disagreeing with what you say. no confusion.
how is calling it a trapper calling it a not-fury sin? thats just ludacris
trapper denotes an assasin that specializes in the thrap tree, a martial to the martial tree, and a shodow for both assasins, if you play any assasin well you are adept in most shadow diceplines, or you PHailj. yes that is a capitaal ph and a silent j.
Because trapper means something very different than a furysin. You can't call a Wof or LS sin a furysin, and likewise can't call a BF using sin a trapper. Furysins are the ones who focus on BF. Trappers are the ones who use WoF and LS, with the only difference being element. Even then, fire has to be added or else you're talking about LS.

This is just the way it works with the names. It's no different than any other class with a big tree, and it having a main skill. Even in the same tree you can't call a Spear / Spirit nec a poison nec, a hydra sorc a fire sorc, a fury druis a bear, etc. Trap tree will give it a broad spectrum, but each of the 3 types are named differently, and LS is the one named "trapper".

Trapper doesn't denote a user of the trap tree. It just refers to a Sentry user. Lightning or fire, they are the trappers. Blades are not trappers. For the same reason trapper means LS, furysin is what means BF.

And this really isn't a thing about connotation vs denotation or whatever, just someone trying to confuse people. They already have a name, and bringing up a different name with a different meaning to call it something else will only cause confusion. Yes, the last few pages were bad, but he still hasn't understood why mixing 2x builds won't work or else people will think one build, then you go off and make skill / gear options that are completely different from what was being talked about.

God, enough already about it being a trapper or not....

As bad as politics.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High