Blade Fury Analysis

Re: Blade Fury Analysis

Hi, would just like to update on my build. So far, she's proven to be effective in Hell, killing most monsters in 1-5 hits, greatly aided by ITD. Death Sentry helps to speed up the process, and Dragon Talon is a good secondary attack against Baal, Diablo etc, where ITD doesn't work.

Skills:
20 Blade Fury (36 w/+skills, w/o BC)
10 Death Sentry (26 w/+skills, w/o BC)
1 Blade Sentinel (pre-req)
1 Fire Blast (pre-req)
1 Wake of Fire (pre-req)
1 Shock Web (pre-req)
1 Charged Bolt Sentry (pre-req)
1 Lightning Sentry (pre-req)

20 Claw Mastery (27 w/+skills, w/o BC)
20 Shadow Master (31 w/+skills & BC)
1 Weapon Block (pre-req)
1 Shadow Warrior (pre-req)
1 Burst of Speed (pre-req)
1 Fade (12 w/+skills & BC)
0 Venom (i have Prevent Monster Heal and lots of OW)

17 Dragon Talon (24 w/+skills, w/o BC ie. 5 kicks)

Gear:
Eth 'Fury' Suwayyah
Guillaume's Face (w/40ed-9str jewel)
JMOD (w/4x 40ed/15max)
'Fortitude' AP
Dracul's Grasp
Gore Rider (upp'd)
Arachnid Mesh
Raven Frost
AR/dual leech/str/mana rare ring
Mara's Kaleidoscope

On switch:
'Call to Arms' Flail
'Spirit' Monarch

Stats:
STR: 156 total (for shield & upp'd Gores)
DEX: 200++ (enough for max block)
VIT: The rest
ENG: None

Inventory:
TP Tomb
Annihilus
Hellfire Torch
5x Trap/12fhr GCs
4x Trap/7frw GCs
8x 3max/10-15ar/3frw scs

Merc:
lv27 Might aura
Eth 'Infinity' CV
Eth Andariel's Visage (Ral'd)
Eth 'Fortitude' SA

Total Crushing Blow %: 50%
Total Deadly Strike %: 63%
Total Open Wounds %: 101%

Blade Fury AR: 6472 (ie. 66% chance to hit Baal)
Dragon Talon AR: 11403 (ie. 76% chance to hit Baal)

She has 1.4k+ base life, maxed resists in Hell, and hits the 86fhr breakpoint. My only grouse is the lack of Knockback. Thinking of switching to kb/14-15str gloves but the 10%ll and ctc Life Tap on Dracul's are a real life-saver in some situations. Also not too sure if i should stick to JMOD or change to Stormshield for DR.

Currently, she's lv92 with 3 skill points remaining. Should i pump all to Death Sentry for increased range (abt 1 yard more), or max out Dragon Talon (my secondary skill) for huge added AR and dmg? All comments and suggestions on my skills/gear setup are also welcome =)

Last edited:

ED/Max jewels are bugged, you might want to swap them for plain ED jewels.

... or use a Phoenix and endure the stupid Firestorm, as well as less corpses for DS.

Thanks! I guess i'll switch to 4x 40ed/9dex for lower dex required to hit max block.

Last edited:

You may want to max master, she will be a nice tank + extra damage source, and help take the fire off of your merc. But this decision is totally up to you, I would get her as high as possible because she just kicks *** in general.

Shadow Masters make terrible distractions to keep the heat off mercs. They sit back as often as they charge into the fray. Cloak of Shadows/Mind Blast are your merc's best friend:wave:

Shadow Masters make terrible distractions to keep the heat off mercs. They sit back as often as they charge into the fray. Cloak of Shadows/Mind Blast are your merc's best friend:wave:

Too late...maxed Shadow Master alr. I find 1 pt each in Cos/MB (and allowing +skills to take care of the rest) works fine for me.

Faith (Ohm + Jah + Lem + Eld)

Level 12-15 Fanaticism Aura When Equipped (288% off weapon ED, 100% AR)
+1-2 To All Skills (varies)
+330% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
300% Bonus To Attack Rating
+75% Damage To Undead
+50 To Attack Rating Against Undead
+120 Fire Damage
All Resistances +15
10% Reanimate As: Returned
75% Extra Gold From Monsters

Seems like a decent option.

Still +5 BF, fools, 200% ED, ethereal war fist with Jmod monarch and 40 ed/9 dex jewels looks so sexy but is impossible to legitimately obtain.

Beast + Jmod with 40 ed/9 str jewels also looks sexy.

Faith is a 2-hander, which will mean pretty lame damage.

And it can't be eth :(

You would lose ED% from your shield. Far better options for BF, at far less the price.

You'd have a better chance of obtaining that rare than legitimately finding the runes to make beast.

Ok, I've made a char basing on this thread's 'discoveries' and I hit a wall of a sort.

Tell me, does a character using this beefed up uber blade fury have a point in the end? 40k damage per second sounds respectable, but how does this compare to some of the other "uber-wipers"? Will it do its job well if I cope with the AR issue? I'm speaking of 8-player boss/uber runs - would this 10k damage per shuriken and some crushing blow add up to something sensible or not?

I'm now running various tests on this, I think I figured a more or less respectable way of dealing with the AR issue and I'm planning to make a character like this for the new ladder which will be Soon™. I'd like to know if it makes sense, or is it going to be a struggle without a purpose.

Ok, I've made a char basing on this thread's 'discoveries' and I hit a wall of a sort.

Tell me, does a character using this beefed up uber blade fury have a point in the end? 40k damage per second sounds respectable, but how does this compare to some of the other "uber-wipers"? Will it do its job well if I cope with the AR issue? I'm speaking of 8-player boss/uber runs - would this 10k damage per shuriken and some crushing blow add up to something sensible or not?

I'm now running various tests on this, I think I figured a more or less respectable way of dealing with the AR issue and I'm planning to make a character like this for the new ladder which will be Soonâ„¢. I'd like to know if it makes sense, or is it going to be a struggle without a purpose.

I think only OW would help. CB gets nerfed with missle attacks. If you have the AR issue solved. Merc would drop fast, and a maxed out shadow master would greatly be needed.

I don't know, blade fury is a VERY easy attack to interrupt. Even blocking can stop you dead in your tracks. Not like it's zeal, frenzy, smite, dragon talon where you strike mad fast, blade fury's startup is as poor as a pike without any IAS boost. Unless you got mad FHR, your done for if one of them get in your face. You aren't going to get a very high level shadow master so it'll be a terrible tank anyways. A level 35 shadow can take a brief beating from an uber.

Iunno, ranged characters naturally do a terrible job agaisnt them, no matter how sick their damage may be.

i tryed to put my bf sin thrugh the uber paces this is my gear
lwZ (70 cb)
pheonix monarch
coh
loh
sexy 30light 2sin life/ar ammy
raven
DL/ar/life ring
ow/fhr/life/light and fire rez belt
g-face um'ed
mixed ar/life/fhr/dmg small charms.
tri rez boots.
all the res as fade was not my skill i went BoF im happy to be able to respec soon.

merc is a barb using
lawbringer
ebugged coh sacred
pamethyst g-face.

she got spanked, hard by diablo and baal, meph was ez with t-gods and was just annoying with out it.

ok... so, the skill does more than everybody thought, but stays crap nonetheless (if you wanna do anything serious with your blade fury ). That seems to be the conclusion.
Sad ;s

well that depends on the weapon, famine i would consider balanced...

Edeathz has been working for me without issues. Hit rate is not bad at all with angelic ammy/ring. Try that on the ancients in a 8 player game without it and I couldn't even hit them(maybe 1 blade will hit every 10 seconds). Don't need blessed aim atm.

G-face(proly shael it or w/e)
Fort Ap
Pheonix Mon
Lava Gout
Gores
String of Ears
Angelics
Carrion Wind
5x trap gc/1x 12% fhr trap gc
1x 30 light res gc

4300 BF dmg with might(proly wrong)
1500 BShield dmg
2100 BSent dmg
100% CB
74% DS
85% Fire Res
80% Light Res

Act2 Might merc
Reaper's Toll
Ebugged Duress
P Egaze

lvl 31 BF
lvl 16 B-Sent
lvl 21 B-Shield
lvl 24 C-mastery
lvl 16 D-Sent
lvl 19 S-Mast

People will most likely need some BF/Kick hybrid if they wana uber with em. That would be much easier to pull off than a kick/trapper.

Not really, the words "trapper" and "kick/trapper" carry meanings of their own, and none of those include bf.

what skill tree does blade fury fall under? traps? oh ok, she is a trapper.
all you need to become a kicker trapper hybrid with a bf sin is to ad one point in to dragon claw, then dragon talon...
really come to think of it you can become a trapper/kicker hybrid with the bf sin with a claw, all you need is 1 point in d-talon

oh boy i just learned d-talon comed befor d-claw.

what skill tree does blade fury fall under? traps? oh ok, she is a trapper.
all you need to become a kicker trapper hybrid with a bf sin is to ad one point in to dragon claw, then dragon talon...
really come to think of it you can become a trapper/kicker hybrid with the bf sin with a claw, all you need is 1 point in d-talon

oh boy i just learned d-talon comed befor d-claw.
Trappers use sentries, not blades. Huge difference.

One point in Talon won't make you a hybrid.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High