Beyond Infinity... To the Item Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't often post stand alone finds, but for this, I'm going to go ahead and do it!

316.png

My first Zod Rune ... ever!

Found by my would-be-UT99er Lightning Sorceress as she starts clvl 98. It came from Achmel and friends (and it would appear to have been from one of the friends) at players 1. The odds of that seem to be around 1:3841314. Well, I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later :D . With this Zod, my would-be-UT99er Lightning Sorceress has now found every rune. Neat!

Okay. That should keep me happy for a while!

@ziambe

From my understanding:

FA's splash damage = (freezing arrow damage * %cold skill damage) + other sources of cold damage.

Duration = FA duration + duration of other sources of cold damage, subject to difficulty penalties.

If the arrow successfully hit a target, the physical damage and the added cold damage from charm would apply to the particular target as well.

Note: The +%cold skill damage won't affect the cold damage from charm when using ranged attack.

Reactions: ziambe and coju
First one to drop! :love:

View attachment 81614

OH WOW!
So close to perfect!

View attachment 81615
That is ONE of the VERY FEW items that has evaded me during my 20+ year (on and off) D2 career! I know it hasn't been around for that full time period, but it still drives me insane that I haven't been able to find one since 1.10 came out!

Congratulations on the very rare find! I am super jealous that you found one, just like every time I see somebody find one, LOL! And the stats on that bad boy! It's one of those items I want to find SO BAD and reaally want to make a Poison Nova Necro (I've never built a full Poison Nova Necro! In fact, Necro and Assassin are super underplayed characters by me and I've never actually fully built a Necromancer that was really good and I'm not sure if I've even ever self beat the game, all the way through Hell, with any type of Necromancer.

All this, despite me always having at least some desire to make a good Poison Nova Necro, Summoner Necro, some type of hybrid or EVEN some sort of Dagger wielding Dude, lol. I'm waiting to find the damn Death's Web that I CAN'T FIND! I know I could trade for one, but I want to find one to get me stoked to build a Poison Nova Necro, lol. I don't know what playing a fully built one is even like! Or any type of Necro, for that matter.

Reactions: Excalibur
Question: what does 1.14d do for you? Apart from og diablo2?

Resurrected has new quality of life stuff, improved merc play, plus runewords and anni/torch/etc ... gives you more to do.

Most people stick around with d2 because they enjoy the game. I still enjoy the game ... but honestly, the main reason why I play d2r is because i'm about 5 items away from the Grail. It's been a long time goal and it's kept me here. If I finish the Grail i'd probably start slipping away from the game ... but until then ...
My PC I'm sure won't run D2R for the main part, so selfishness there.

Aside from that, I'd probably want to play D2R online until bots, dupes and item imports became a problem, IF I was going to play D2R. The main reason I came to play here, was the fact that Battle.net was a complete s***show during the vast majority of the OG D2 years, especially the last 10+ years during the later patches of D2.

People condoned the botting/duping and would argue with me that the game would be unplayable WITHOUT bots, because they need them to be able to duel. As if they couldn't play and duel with equal gear that doesn't have to be perfect and the best MFers had the best gear, as opposed to whoever spent the most money or ran the most bots.

The new patch looked like it had only one Runeword that was really that special and desirable, the Elemental Fire Skill Helm, unless I am forgetting another. The expanded Merc options seems nice and so long as everyone is able to do Torches and Anni, I have no issue with that. I sort of liked how the lack of those two made character building with stats and resistances A LOT more difficult than playing online and using the +20 to +40 stats and resistances, which is an absurdly good bost. It's a larger boost, usually, than doing all 3 Stat and Resist Quests.

If this was going to become a thing on Single Player AND all of the B.net gear on Non-Ladder that players have been saving, building and absolutely perfecting PvP Characters with for over 20 years now, or OG D2 LOD stuff, was going to be completely separated from the NEW D2R, they should have AT LEAST made the NEW PATCH available for OG D2 LOD players and accounts and/or allowed the gear and characters from old accounts to be upgraded and moved forward into the new D2R accounts, if everything was legit.

Another HUGE problem, already mentioned above, is the absolutely absurd loading screen times. From closing and opening a new game, to changing acts and different regions through a WP, to using TPs, it is all SOOOO slow, and in the long run adds an astronomical amount of negatively used time to doing runs on the game.

Like I mentioned, I play OG D2 LOD on my PC and D2R on console, so I may be wrong about a few things. This is my current understanding of each game and some of the things I have experienced, do not like about the new features and game, and things I feel should have been implemented, changed or done.

Also, reading some of the skill changes for each character, it appears that they just made each skill, including the skills that were already extremely overpowered, and made them STRONGER! I can't quite figure that one out, other than the fact that all these new players are so bad that they can't beat the game in a 1 Player Game, with some of the best and easiest to play builds in the game.

As someone who likes to play difficult builds on 8 Player Games, with Untwinked and all self-found gear either until I beat the game or permanently keep the character Untwinked, this change in making the game much, much easier, seems like a bore and a cop-out. A more difficult game to beat AND/OR making ONLY the skills that were utterly useless any better, IF ANYTHING, would have been a nice and logical change! Not making elite skills even stronger! Although I suppose maybe on Hardcore it will be slightly nice to have stronger characters and MAYBE it will provide some help from dying while going through a TP, a WP or some other sort of lag spike or slow moment D2 Resurrected frequently goes through.

I haven't read into why the PvP scene is staying in 1.14d and not moving on to D2R, other than it makes sense that PvP characters have been getting perfected forever. The same issue that OG D2 LOD has and why people will still play OG D2 and use their PvP characters that have either a decade or two invested into them OR have thousands of dollars invested into them.

EDIT: I AM REALLY DUMB AND I THINK I LOOKED RIGHT OVER THE ANSWER TO MY OWN QUESTION! D2R DOESN'T HAVE IP GAMES, I DON'T THINK, AND THAT IS PROBABLY WHY ANY PLAYING WITH OTHER SINGLE PLAYER FOLKS ON THIS FORUM IS GOING TO HAVE TO BE IN 1.14d, OR OLDER. THAT WOULD EXPLAIN THE DUELING ISSUE!

THIS IS A GOOD ENOUGH REASON FOR ME TO STAY IN 1.14d ON SINGLE PLAYER. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PVP, HANG OUT IN GAME FOR FUN, MF OR LEVEL UP WITH PEOPLE TO STAVE OFF LONLINES, LOL, OR MAKING NEW CHARACTERS WITH PEOPLE AND PLAYING THROUGH THE GAME FOR THE FUN CHARACTER SYNERGIES AND COMPANY!

One question I did have, was did D2R fix desynch and other bugs from original D2 LoD dueling, that people have considered to be a typical part of the PvP experience at this point? I imagine a lot of players won't want the PvP experience to change and for those "bugs" to be fixed. But did they fix/change them?

Last edited:
I have collected 47 keys so far (going for 51), killing major ghost packs, and my highest rune drop is a Mal I think. I was starting to think HRs in the AS are a myth, congrats @Pancakes
When I used to farm Keys on B.net or Slashdiablo Server, I literally never found HRs in AS. I hear about it being such a popular spot, but I absolutely hate it! The monster density is mediocre at best, it's hard to keep the ghosts on the pathway and not above the abyss where they drop nothing.

It just really is not a place worth going to in my eyes, unless you need keys, then it is a super easy key to get. I used to farm Summoner and Countess with a Blizzard/Might Merc Sorc on Slashdiablo Server when their ladder would restart and sell them off for runes over and over. It actually paid pretty damn good.

I have a question! Can I farm keys on 1.14d and trade them to people for other 1.14d items, where they can then move up the keys to their D2R 2.4 Patch and run Ubers? If it is allowed, has anyone seen it done or have a general idea on the price of said keys?

There are a lot of Runewords I want to make and some items I want to Zod and maybe Cham. I have a boatload of Perfect Gems and crafting items I plan on trading for what I can get in Runes, but if I could farm keys to trade and work my way towards more of the Runewords I have never made before (the ones outside of the obvious and frequently used Enigma, Infinity, Insight, Spirit, Fortitude, Grief, CoH, CtA, Death, Oath, Lawbringer, Treachery and some other cheaper ones)...

I have a question! Can I farm keys on 1.14d and trade them to people for other 1.14d items, where they can then move up the keys to their D2R 2.4 Patch and run Ubers? If it is allowed, has anyone seen it done or have a general idea on the price of said keys?
Yes, there's definitely no problem in that.
I farmed and I traded for them so my suggestion would be something like that:

Key of Terror: 7-9 Pgems
Key of Hate: 3-4 Pgems
Key of Destruction: 6-8 Pgems
I used to value Keys of Destruction more but they are not that hard to gather. Keys of Terror on the other hand slow you down and that's why they are the most expensive for me.

I am one of those who searches constantly for Keys. 😇

Reactions: Jamie
No screen pick as I didn't realize what I'd found till I was about to dump it in my junk jewel stash. Junk Jewel it is NOT!! My Wolfbarb found it ,well I'm guessing in the River of flame, the Chaos Sanctuary or the highlands.

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 58
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x96c33536
+40% Enhanced Damage
15% Increased Attack Speed

While questing my hunter/summoner druid:

ohm01.png
I still think that questing new characters is a decent way to get high runes, even if it's not efficient.

I'm not sure what I'll make with it, but if I get another Ohm, then Fortitude is likely, or I may make Chaos if I get a good base. Now that the barb merc is a certified beast (he's basically carrying the team with Grief/Lawbringer), my themed barbsin might work really well in D2R.

Last edited:
Some 1.07 trinks over the last many weeks

Screenshot713.jpg

Screenshot647.jpg

Screenshot669.jpg

Screenshot694.jpg

Craft result
Order Beads
Amulet
Required Level: 49
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x3de65225
+99 to Life
All Resistances +4
3% Life stolen per hit
1% Faster Run/Walk
Half Freeze Duration
Level 2 Attract (22/25 Charges)
Junk

Screenshot661.jpg

Craft result

Death Necklace
Amulet
Required Level: 28
Fingerprint: 0x24eb516e
+1 to Dexterity
+18 to Life
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
2% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Light Radius
1% Faster Run/Walk
+2 to Druid Skill Levels

Yes only the +2 Druid . Not that useful

But

Screenshot677.jpg

Becomes

Screenshot678.jpg

Viper Gutter
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: 68 to 213
Two-Hand Damage: 72 to 421
Durability: 30 of 50
Required Dexterity: 65
Required Strength: 188
Required Level: 76
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x1d876916
+293% Enhanced Damage
+6 to Minimum Damage
+1 to Maximum Damage
Damage Reduced by 5
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Adds 1-6 lightning damage

Prefix 849 Grand Charm of Maiming
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x3192c41e
+38 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 849 Grand Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0x6ae291d9
+38 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 930 Large Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 40
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0x262ccc9e
+25 to Attack Rating
+16 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 997 Small Charm
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x33ee09a1
All Resistances +6

Prefix 997 Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb2002da
All Resistances +5

Prefix 1105 Grand Charm of Quality
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x3bf95319
+13 to Maximum Damage
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)

Prefix 1131 Grand Charm of Craftmanship
Required Level: 11
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0xdc82547
+8 to Maximum Damage
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)

Prefix 849 Grand Charm of Quality
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x7a861b35
+33 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 964 Grand Charm of Quality
Item Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0x7fa39d61
+38 to Mana
+13 to Maximum Damage

Horked!
The Cat's Eye
Amulet
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x51e48c26
+20 to Maximum Stamina
+75 Defense
+45 Defense vs. Missile
20% Increased Attack Speed
30% Faster Run/Walk

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 100
Durability: 12 of 36
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x4037a24
+10 to Dexterity
+110% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Durability 100%
100% Extra Gold from Monsters
45% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk

Husoldal Evo
Bec-de-Corbin
Two-Hand Damage: 33 to 221
Durability: 40 of 55
Required Dexterity: 91
Required Strength: 133
Required Level: 44
Polearm Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 91
Fingerprint: 0x559b5909
+160% Enhanced Damage
+200 to Attack Rating
+40 to Minimum Damage
+65 to Maximum Damage
Replenish Life +20
Prevent Monster Heal

Gerke's Sanctuary
Pavise
Defense: 177
Chance to Block: 69%
Smite Damage: 10 to 17
Durability: 46 of 72
Required Strength: 133
Required Level: 44
Fingerprint: 0x7f4718c8
+125% Enhanced Defense
+25% Increased Chance of Blocking
Damage Reduced by 15
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Replenish Life +15
+1 to Vitality (1 per Character Level)

Razorswitch
Jo Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 6 to 21
Durability: 10 of 20
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 28
Staff Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x2bd61914
+80 to Life
+175 to Mana
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
All Resistances +50
Attacker Takes Damage of 15
30% Faster Cast Rate
150% Damage to Undead

The Impaler
War Spear
Two-Hand Damage: 37 to 165
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Dexterity: 15
Required Strength: 15
Required Level: 31
Spear Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x1d050b84
+150 to Attack Rating
20% Increased Attack Speed
Ignore Target Defense
Prevent Monster Heal
40% Chance of Open Wounds
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

From 280 Sapphires with the Lvl 8 reroller

Prefix 1092 Ring of the Apprentice
Required Level: 3
Item Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0x494df5ad
10% Faster Cast Rate
+33 to Mana After Each Kill

Fingerprint: 0x5e8d5b0c
10% Faster Cast Rate
+22 to Mana After Each Kill

Fingerprint: 0x42559699
10% Faster Cast Rate
+18 to Mana After Each Kill

Prefix 1092 Ring of Greed
Fingerprint: 0x66c7bb13
40% Extra Gold from Monsters
+25 to Mana After Each Kill

And some 30+ MPK rings

Screenshot600.jpg
This was awhile ago

Arkaine's Valor
Balrog Skin
Defense: 1554
Required Strength: 165
Required Level: 85
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x73f5ccb4
+200% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +50%
+2 to All Skill Levels
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 to Life (2 per Character Level)
+2 to Vitality (2.5 per Character Level)

and 20 Sazabi's

Screenshot558.jpg

So was this too

Immortal King's Soul Cage
Sacred Armor
Defense: 956
Durability: 36 of 60
Required Strength: 232
Required Level: 80
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x18846a76
+400 Defense
Poison Resist +50%
+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
5% Chance to cast Level 5 Enchant when struck

Screenshot560.jpg

and this

Natalya's Mark
Scissors Suwayyah
One-Hand Damage: 81 to 177
Durability: 31 of 34
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 123
Required Strength: 130
Required Level: 79
Claw Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x4e48773e
+200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 12-17 fire damage
+50 cold damage
40% Increased Attack Speed
Ignore Target Defense
200% Damage to Demons
200% Damage to Undead

and the luckiest drop in the group, this was not a managed rack run , just a rack click from Barb which is build for colossus blades
Screenshot722.jpg

Screenshot724.jpg

The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: 40 to 340
Two-Hand Damage: 42 to 472
Required Dexterity: 65
Required Strength: 188
Required Level: 81
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x1de71ed6
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+175 to Life
+150% Enhanced Damage
Increase Maximum Life 25%
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
150% Bonus to Attack Rating
+205 to Maximum Damage (2.5 per Character Level)

I have another nice rune drop and a bit of a story. First the rune - another Jah. Yeah!

Screenshot019.png

Now the story. When I finished SolliusSoddus a couple of weeks back he was level 84. Rather than continuing with other characters, I thought that I'd spend some time running Hell Meph and The Pits so I could find a few items to give my parked characters a bit of a kick along; specifically Homunculus and Arreat's Face. As of last night SolliusSoddus is level 93, has an Enigma and I have corrected more than 80% of the grail - and I still haven't found either item!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High