ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

If "Clear proj" doesn't work, you can edit the project file using a text editor.

the default project file is at <GoMule Dir>\projects\GoMule\project.properties
try edit the following line and restart GoMule:
Code:
bank=0

The program says I have version R0.3: Donkey and I don't have any keys or tokens on this character. In fact, I just started back after a long break and this character was probably patch 1.10 or there abouts.

All of my 6+ characters load except for this druid (one of my mains) and a necro.

Could you list the errors for each character and which one they are coming from. Like the druid error is... and the necro error is...

And if you are willing you could e-mail me the .d2s files in question and I can try to take a look at them.
lavarathan at gmail

Here are the error messages. If we can't figure it out from these, then I'll send the files your way.

Thanks for the help!

Character disconnected
at gomule.item.D2Item.<init>(D2Item.java:255)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readItems(D2Character.java:541)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readChar(D2Character.java:265)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.<init>(D2Character.java:135)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.addItemList(D2FileManager.java:1459)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.connect(D2ViewChar.java:757)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.<init>(D2ViewChar.java:731)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.openChar(D2FileManager.java:1255)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$CharTreeNode.view(D2ViewProject.java:428)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$3.mouseClicked(D2ViewProject.java:115)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Necro

Character disconnected
at gomule.item.D2Item.<init>(D2Item.java:255)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readItems(D2Character.java:541)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readChar(D2Character.java:265)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.<init>(D2Character.java:135)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.addItemList(D2FileManager.java:1459)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.connect(D2ViewChar.java:757)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.<init>(D2ViewChar.java:731)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.openChar(D2FileManager.java:1255)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$CharTreeNode.view(D2ViewProject.java:428)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$3.mouseClicked(D2ViewProject.java:115)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Here are the error messages. If we can't figure it out from these, then I'll send the files your way.

Thanks for the help!

It seems strange that they both have the same error. I thought for sure that if it was an item that they would have a different error unless they share a similar item in the same slot, say either inventory or equip.

Are both from old patches and were any of your other characters from older patches moved forward and work fine? Also did this just happen recently or was this from the start? You are running from 1.13 for all characters with out any non approved FAM mods(ie other than Runeword mod or the two mods that color runes)? You also did not go onto Open b.net did you?

You can send them to me if you want, but I also want you to look into these:
Since it's not easy to follow this thread when I only look at it once every few weeks, it would be awesome if you could use the bug tracker on SF.net when you find a bug or a problem.

Enter bugs here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?grou...65&atid=951141

and feature requests here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?grou...65&atid=951144

Please please please, enter your bug with as much information as you can. Leave an email address or your forum username so I can contact you if I have a question.

Silospen is the coder for GoMule, but I have not seen him around for a while since he got married.

P.S. To silospen, I hope that you are happy in your marriage and that you come back when you are ready.

I stopped playing around 1.10. Got 1.13c and started back about two months ago with all characters playing fine. Got GoMule about a week ago and of my 6+ toons, my druid and necro wouldn't and don't connect.

I'm playing SP only, no mods, no nothing except GoMule.

I think I'll try e-mailing them to you.

Thrin - Both the last version of Donkey and the 1.13c version show R0.3 in the title.

Have you done a fresh install from the link in the first page of this Sticky? That is the correct updated version for 1.13c. If you haven't, please do so.

I am getting a bit concerned about stashes being emailed around for testing. I'd much rather the owner of the stash did their own investigations. That also gives more chance of success especially when reviewing backups. For example buckies, I suggested that you to check the backups on your own computer. It is much easier for you to do that than anyone else.

Donkey is not designed to work with items pre 1.10 so if you have an item older than that, it is likely to have problems. That includes older jewels socketed into newer items.

Doing my own investigations is rather out of the question considering I don't know anything about how D2 works, how GoMule works, or how Java works.

I'll try updating the version, but most likely it's a pre-1.10 item like you said. I might try getting rid of possible problem items and see if that works.

Thanks for the help all!

I am getting a bit concerned about stashes being emailed around for testing. I'd much rather the owner of the stash did their own investigations. That also gives more chance of success especially when reviewing backups. For example buckies, I suggested that you to check the backups on your own computer. It is much easier for you to do that than anyone else.
I agree it's important to be careful about mailing stashes for troublshooting purposes. The person receiving the stashes needs to be responsible enough to make sure they are deleted and the person sending needs to make sure they trust the person they are sending them too.

However, sometimes checking a file on another machine can be a critical step in troubleshooting. Testing backups won't do a person any good if the problem is something with their GoMule/AMTA install. (And in a worst case senario, such testing on a damaged install can corrupt the backup stashes, making the problem worse.) Some of us may be sitting in a room with several computers running different OSes and can do any necessary testing ourselves. Other people however, may need a hand.

I agree it's important to be careful about mailing stashes for troublshooting purposes. The person receiving the stashes needs to be responsible enough to make sure they are deleted and the person sending needs to make sure they trust the person they are sending them too.

However, sometimes checking a file on another machine can be a critical step in troubleshooting. Testing backups won't do a person any good if the problem is something with their GoMule/AMTA install. (And in a worst case senario, such testing on a damaged install can corrupt the backup stashes, making the problem worse.) Some of us may be sitting in a room with several computers running different OSes and can do any necessary testing ourselves. Other people however, may need a hand.

Sorry for causing so much trouble with this. I am a responsible person and thought that he would be as well. I found the root of all his problems lies in his jewels that he has. I will pm thyiad and thin with my findings exactly when I determine why each jewel is giving an error.

Did not see Thy's suggestion about the jewels. That is exactly why it was ... dope

Last edited:

There are sometimes times when it is suitable to email a stash but what I see happening is "oh I'll email my stuff to you to sort out" as an INITIAL step and not a LAST resort. I really dislike that for several reasons.

1. It's your stuff. If you care about it, read the helpful posts and follow them. There's been at least one instance in this thread where the advice given was ignored in favour of "let me email it to you".
  2. A reinstall of the program should be a first step before even posting here. That should remedy most install issues.
  3. I always advise the owner of the stash to back up their stash and the backup .org files before touching them so they won't overwrite the files by trying to open backups. Again advice that isn't being followed; Cattleya you yourself went and told buckies to look at backups a few posts after I did.
  4. You don't need programming knowledge of GoMule or anything else to open stashes and if you're opening them any other way then this isn't the place for that sort of help. Most GoMule issues will be Java or older-item related; neither are solved by emailing stashes.
  5. I'm not suggesting you are anything other than honest Ladvarian. :) However, I've been around long enough to know how easy it is to blame others. By accepting stashes you put yourself in that position if something turns up later on (EG a dupe).

I really didn't think I had to spell out the above which is why I didn't in my initial post. All of that it seems common sense to me.

I'm not saying this so people can't get help; I'm saying it because emailing stashes around isn't actually necessary 9 times out of 10 and neither is having a bank of machines.

If anyone wants to continue the discussion on the merits of emailing items before trying to work out the problem themselves, feel free to PM me. :)

Last edited:

It was the jewels and everything is now dandy! Thanks for the help everybodies!

Just a question regarding ATMA, D2 patch 1.13, and Charged Essense of Hatred:

I'm unable to use ATMA stash files that have Charged Essense of Hatred within them. After doing some investigating I found that at stash file load I get a popup error message stating "Skipping stash item with code: ceh" for each Charged Essense of Hatred entry in the file. In the notes section of the ATMA window there is an entry that says:
Item code "ceh" has no name in the string table

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix, patch, or work around for this issue?

I tried reinstalling the v1.13c ATMA as per the instructions on the first page of this thread without any success. It was suggested that I try GoMule. GoMule has no problem opening, modifying, and re-saving the stash file. I used GoMule to move a Charged Essense of Hatred to a new character and I'm able to open/modify/save the character in ATMA and GoMule. ATMA chokes when the Charged Essense of Hatred is in *any* stash file but not character files.

I'm not using ATMA these days, so I don't have actual experience with the problem (other than the fact that my friend had the same issue but "solved" it by not picking up essences.)

However, I found some information that may be of use to you:

From the first post in this thread:
To get the Essences to show correctly in 1.13 download and install Misc1.13cATMA.7z and atma_gfxATMA1.13c.zip (both zip files). Replace the originals which come with the installer.

I found the files mentioned here. (In the ATMA_112_to_113_upgrade_files directory.)

Now, as for what to do with those files, I found this old post which seems to explain the process.

Sorry I can't be of more help since I haven't actually worked though the issue myself, but hopefully that at least gives you a place to start. (Although, if you have GoMule up and running, sticking with that seems like an easier solution. :grin: )

Last edited:

I've noticed this lately, and it's really starting to bug me.. to put it lightly. I have a few different projects under my Go Mule, for various things that I'm doing. I've noticed that, if I change items around on a character on one project. Forget to save it, then open the same character on another project anything before the save is gone. Thankfully I've all lost so far is a Pul/Mal/Cerberus' Bite and a few rares.. but I'm wondering if it's just me getting this issue.

I'm not using ATMA these days, so I don't have actual experience with the problem (other than the fact that my friend had the same issue but "solved" it by not picking up essences.)

However, I found some information that may be of use to you:

From the first post in this thread:

I found the files mentioned here. (In the ATMA_112_to_113_upgrade_files directory.)

Now, as for what to do with those files, I found this old post which seems to explain the process.

Sorry I can't be of more help since I haven't actually worked though the issue myself, but hopefully that at least gives you a place to start. (Although, if you have GoMule up and running, sticking with that seems like an easier solution. :grin: )

Thanks Cattleya. Your second link is invalid. However, I decompressed the files and copied them over the originals. I believe that is all that was needed. In the short-term I have been storing my essenses on a dummy character. I've become accustomed to using ATMA, but I like parts of GoMule.

Thanks Cattleya. Your second link is invalid. However, I decompressed the files and copied them over the originals. I believe that is all that was needed. In the short-term I have been storing my essenses on a dummy character. I've become accustomed to using ATMA, but I like parts of GoMule.
Gah, copy paste error! This is the link I meant to post:

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7392392#post7392392

(I've edited my original post to have the proper link as well.)

So, yes, it doesn't look much more complicated than replacing the correct files. Like I said, not having done it, I wasn't sure how straightforward it actually was. :yes:

I've noticed this lately, and it's really starting to bug me.. to put it lightly. I have a few different projects under my Go Mule, for various things that I'm doing. I've noticed that, if I change items around on a character on one project. Forget to save it, then open the same character on another project anything before the save is gone. Thankfully I've all lost so far is a Pul/Mal/Cerberus' Bite and a few rares.. but I'm wondering if it's just me getting this issue.
If I'm understanding what you are describing, that doesn't actually sound like an issue. It sounds like it's working exactly as I would expect it to. If I made changes to a file but didn't save it, then opened that file again (whether or not I had closed the original file) I would expect it to revert to the last save.

Perhaps what you are thinking of is more of a feature request for GoMule? To have it autosave and close characters and stashes when you change projects? (If it doesn't close them, you could end up accidentally duping items since you get into a potential hot-muling like situation. Not a huge deal, since it closes them now when you swap.) My understanding was that projects were largely added in to make it easier for people who played multiple flavors to keep characters and stashes strait, so most people wouldn't be opening the same character or stash in different projects, so I'm not sure how high a priority such a change would be.

Last edited:

Gah, copy paste error! This is the link I meant to post:

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7392392#post7392392

(I've edited my original post to have the proper link as well.)

So, yes, it doesn't look much more complicated than replacing the correct files. Like I said, not having done it, I wasn't sure how straightforward it actually was. :yes:

Thanks for the update Cattleya. Based on Silo's opening statement from the post you linked, he is providing a set of steps for the non-upgrade crowd to alter their existing ATMA installations. However, almost the same advice is given on page 1 of this thread. Could it be that ATMA files located at:
http://www.chrisclarke.co.uk/D2stuff/PDFs/ATMA/ATMA for 1.13c/
isn't a 1.13c ATMA but just a plain old 1.11 ATMA (which then needs to be hacked to work)? Is there an official 1.13c ATMA that doesn't require hacking?

Not at the moment.
Thanks Kimppi...

A bit off-topic:
Is there a place that I can download the source code to ATMA and GoMule? I'm just curious about how they work under the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High