ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

@Mantis: The .jar file that you run to use GoMule has the source in it as well, and there are standard tools from the Sun (now Oracle) site that can let you extract the files that are in the .jar file. The sourceforge page for GoMule (where you download it from) should also let you browse the source if you don't want to mess with extracting things from .jar files. I think I remember someone saying that the source to ATMA had been lost, so I don't think that's available, unfortunately.

Speaking of, i've been digging around in the GoMule source code (flavie more particularly) - impressive stuff! It started to bug me that it wasn't differentiating azurewraths (there are some patch notes about it a while back, but I can't find it being handled within the code). Is anybody/everybody else with a crystal sword having that problem? Anybody know a work-around that wouldn't involve running on modified flavie code?

Last edited:

I haven't found anything in first post that is related to Version switcher so if this is wrong place to ask plz ignore me.

I followed mattinm's guide step by step, but I can't make older version to work.
I did:

Downloaded Version switcher from here. Updated it with mattinm's new less buggy version simply by pasting his LaunchModGame.vbs over old one.
Downloaded files from version that I want to play from here. 1.07 1.10a 1.10s if that matters.
Also mattinm said that not all files are included in his packs from older versions so I c/p'd ijl11.dll and SmackW32.dll in 1.07 folder with all downloaded files (Including LaunchModGame.vbs and RecoverFromCrash.vbs ; they are all in 1.07 folder).
Created shortcut from LaunchModGame.vbs and change them. I eve tried making shortcut from game.exe since I was not sure what shortcut I need to make and modify.
Modified (both LaunchModGame.vbs and game.exe) shortcut to match like on this picture. I made only one shortcut since I'm not interested in running multiple instances if that matters, but I tried making both of them and still got nothing.

When I run shortcut all files in diablo II change for a brief moment, like blink or something, then they all reset like they were before and game.exe is no longer in process list in task manager.

It is possible that I forgot to write something that I did or misread some part of the guide. If you see where I made error plz tell me so.

Gday good D2 players, I have just returned to D2 Expansion after not playing any games for years.. damn addictive..Now my problem, I downloaded gomule but when I try to search for characters to open, I can only see (of any file type) 2 characters, and those have been updated many times since then. I am now running v1.13, has this caused the problem? I just cant find my saved characters anywhere..
Please Help..
Or if you have a current/safe link to atma I would really appreciate it.
I bloody love this game and cab sooo see why there is such a community surrounding it..

Thankyou thankyou! :) :)

The link to ATMA in the first post is perfectly safe. It's MY installation. If you are running systemic/norton it flags it as a virus. Why? Because Norton is an idiot that's why.

Are you running xp, win 7, vista? Have you loaded the chars/stashes into the gomule project?

More info please.

thanks for the reply Thyiad, I am running Vista, I try to load the characters and the only two I can locate (from around 8) are OLD OLD versions of two charaters. They are in my Daiblo2 Saved folder. Other than them I cantl ocate where my other characters are saved..? I look for all file types even and still cant locate them.. bizzare.. Could you please post the link to ATMA again for me because when I try, it keeps telling me 'forbidden' etc I dont have access on that server bla bla..

Thanks for your help :)

Ahh, I went back to original post YOU made rather than older thread and now have ATma up n running.. thanks!!

thanks for the reply Thyiad, I am running Vista, I try to load the characters and the only two I can locate (from around 8) are OLD OLD versions of two charaters. They are in my Daiblo2 Saved folder. Other than them I cantl ocate where my other characters are saved..? I look for all file types even and still cant locate them.. bizzare..

Thanks for your help :)

I may not be Thyiad, but I can hopefully help with the locating the characters problem. I have windows 7, but it should be the same in vista. Starting with Vista MS changed the way it allowed programs to access the program files directory. If you are not running as an administrator then your characters are probably under this folder or similar...
C: \Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\save
Change UserName with your login name. You might have to enable hidden folders to see them. If it is different in vista hopefully someone has the exact path for you. Sorry I went from XP to 7, no vista in between. I also have 64bit so your programs folder might not include the (x86).

If your old characters do not load under goMule then please post your error. goMule does not like pre 1.10 content very well. I found this out the hard way. Try getting rid of jewels or jeweled items first if they do not load and then try and load them. Or stick with ATMA for a while longer. Keep a back-up first though in case this does not help.

P.S. It is forum etiquette to edit your post if you can and no one has replied to you recently. Good luck.

Hi all,0

I'm using ATMA for the first time since I reinstalled Diablo 2 (I used it extensively in the past). I created a stash earlier today and just now tried to load it, receiving the message "Cannot access C: \Documents and Settings\... etc ... etc ... \Items.d2x". The stash disappeared when this happened, and I can't find it or a .org backup file. Does this have something to do with 1.13, and is there a known fix? Thanks.

Check the first post, AKappy. Links to the 1.13c versions of ATMA/GoMule are in there.

"To get the Essences to show correctly in 1.13 download and install Misc1.13cATMA.7z and atma_gfxATMA1.13c.zip (both zip files). Replace the originals which come with the installer."

I have ATMA 5.0.5.1. It's not the 1.13 one. I picked up an Essence in a MP game, and now I can't open that character with ATMA. I downloaded the two files, but I don't know what to do with them. There's an atma_gfx file in my ATMA folder, but it's way bigger than the downloaded one. Surely you don't want me to replace it with the downloaded one. I saw silospen's solution for screwing around with ATMA, but it seems like a lot of work and it might cause problems. Is the best thing to do downloading the 1.13 version of ATMA?

NoisemakerArrow - there is a link in the first post to a download of ATMA for 1.13c. I know it works, it is my installation. I believe the directory is called ATMA for 1.13c.

It's a better solution that downloading the two files and adding to ATMA for 1.12a but you could still just download the two mall files and replace them with the original misc and atma_gfx files if you were short on bandwith.

I'm not short on bandwidth, but if I reinstall ATMA, I will have to manually reopen every saved character file so that it will be available in ATMA's drop-down menu on the left side. If you know how to avoid that step, I will download the 1.13 ATMA in a second.

I don't have a Misc file anywhere in ATMA, so I don't know what to replace with the Misc file I downloaded, and the newly-downloaded atma_gfx file is much smaller in size than the one I already have, which makes me worry about losing information by overwriting. I would also like to just get the newest version, but it's the super-annoying opening of every character file that is stopping me.

Edit: I took a look inside the newly-downloaded atma_gfx folder and I think that you're supposed to add the files inside to the atma_gfx folder you already have, since they're not duplicated. The patch adds something but takes nothing away, so it makes sense that the files should be added not replaced.

Now, what do I do with the text document in the newly-downloaded Misc folder? What folder should I stick it in?

Edit2: I put those new dc6 files in the atma_gfx folder, but I still can't open that particular save file, which means that the text document from the Misc folder is necessary. Now I just have to figure out where to paste it.

Edit3: I DID IT! I FIGURED IT OUT!

I downloaded the 1.13c version of ATMA, and I pasted all the information from the old ATMA_charview file into the new one. Now I don't have to manually add the characters to the menu, which was the only thing keeping me from getting the new version. Moving the gold requires changing the last line in the ATMA_config file. I already knew how to transfer the ATMA stashes (it's pretty ______ obvious), so there were no problems there.

Mwahaha! Me so haxxor!

Edit4: The gold limit displayed by the Bank Of ATMA is still in the old style, though.

Last edited:

Cool. :thumbsup:

I've think I've done all that but I get a 'item code "fed" has no name in the string table' message when trying to load a d2s file of a character in the save folder of D2 that has a festering essence of destruction in his inventory.

Where have I gone wrong?

I have not read through all the 20 pages for an answer, but on the pages I have looked I have not found anything that could help me.

I have had Diablo II and Atma V both installed on my computer. Everything worked then. Since then, I have had to send my computer away to get it fixed and the entire hard disc was wiped clean. I have had to reinstall both programmes. I still had my stashes back-upped and I have tried to open them again with ATMA. I have received constant error messages though:

"Invalid Stash File Version [0x60] - Unable to load stash file".

I tried renaming some of my .org stash versions to .d2x, but to no avail, I still got the same error. What is the problem here? Does it have anything to do with the fact that I used to play the v1.13 beta and that I now have the final v1.13? Is there any way I can fix it? I can still load my .d2s files, the character files.

I'd hate to lose all the uniques and greens I'd saved, it took me ages to find.

I have had Diablo II and Atma V both installed on my computer. Everything worked then. Since then, I have had to send my computer away to get it fixed and the entire hard disc was wiped clean. I have had to reinstall both programmes. I still had my stashes back-upped and I have tried to open them again with ATMA. I have received constant error messages though:

"Invalid Stash File Version [0x60] - Unable to load stash file".

I tried renaming some of my .org stash versions to .d2x, but to no avail, I still got the same error. What is the problem here? Does it have anything to do with the fact that I used to play the v1.13 beta and that I now have the final v1.13? Is there any way I can fix it? I can still load my .d2s files, the character files.

Bigman2013 said:
I have just completed a trade and when I try to load the D2x file into ATMA, I get an error saying:

"invalid stash file version [0x60]"

What does this mean and how can I correct it.

I have completed other trades in the past with no problems.

Do I need a newer version of ATMA? If so, how do I get it. I looked at the ATMA website and did not see anything.

Thank you for the help!

Thyiad said:
ATMA stickied thread at the top of the page is very useful.

5.05 is the latest ATMA version.

Try the drop down configure menu and ensure you are loading version 1.11 not stashes from 1.09.

These were posted by bigman2013 and Thyiad. There were no other post from Bigman2013 in the old ATMA thread so I think his problem was solved from this. You might also want to try GoMule if this does not help. If you have not done so try downloading the latest version of ATMA from the first post of this thread. If you are unsure of which one its, ATMA for 1.13c.

When I go to open the DL it says "Windows cannot open this program. It needs to know what program created it."

Does this mean I need Winzip or Winrar?
If so I'm screwed, I've used up all my trial periods on those.

When I go to open the DL it says "Windows cannot open this program. It needs to know what program created it."

Does this mean I need Winzip or Winrar?
If so I'm screwed, I've used up all my trial periods on those.

Which download from which link? ATMA or GoMule or RWM?

Use 7zip if you need a free unzip/de-rar program. It's free and covers a load of different compression types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High