ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

Reinstalling gomule into the program files wouldn't do it? It works on my laptop, and both are in program files

Reinstalling gomule into the program files wouldn't do it? It works on my laptop, and both are in program files

Does your laptop happen to be XP or a non-windows OS? This problem only occurs in Windows vista and later. It is Microsoft's attempt to protect the Program Files folder from viruses writing to it. On XP another program can change files that are in the Program Files folder even if it did not put them there.

The suggestion for vista and later is to reinstall Diablo II outside the Program Files folder into say C:\Games or something like that. GoMule should also not be installed or be in the Program Files folder. Be sure to backup your saves. The correct ones may be in a virtual folder, another perk of having vista or later. If the most current saves are not in the Program Files folder check here.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\save

Substitute User for your log in name. You will probably need to enable hidden files/folders and show system files/folders.

GoMule is not "installed" at all, copy and try it. If it works, all is fine. (But make sure you doublecheck that it does work)

Windows XP-RWM downloaded and installed but not working. I think I'm having a problem with the start-up Icon. I'm not sure but I didn't create a new icon just updated existing icon according to instructions. It reads as it should for Start and Target. In my Diablo II folder there is a Diablo.EXE icon but it doesn't have any options. I tried moving it to the desktop icon but a warning said "could not find Diablo.exe file". I moved the d2 exe file back into the d2 folder. I have tried many times. But my effort to make an Edge bow with a Spider bow failed. What am I missing? AllieB

First things to check before you say it is not working. Is the bow a grey socketed item and not blue, yellow or green. Second make sure the runes are correct and in the correct order. Also make sure that you have the correct RWM for your version of Diablo II. Which version of Diablo II are you playing? Edge requires 1.10+ which is where the ladder only rune words started. You did remember to put the Runewords folder into the correct place?

If all the above is correct do not get rid of the bow, once we get it working the bow will transform. Try this right click on the Diablo.exe in the Diablo II folder and click the create short-cut. This will get you a new short-cut to work with. You can move the short-cut anywhere you want, but the Diablo II.exe must remain in the Diablo II folder. Place the Runewords folder into your Diablo II folder. Now depending on where you downloaded it from, you should have downloaded it from the first page of the sticky. There should be a gif image that accompanies it. It is in German(?), but should give you an idea of where to place the text.

If all else fails post an image of your short-cut and Diablo II folder contents and link them here.

First things to check before you say it is not working. Is the bow a grey socketed item and not blue, yellow or green. Second make sure the runes are correct and in the correct order. Also make sure that you have the correct RWM for your version of Diablo II. Which version of Diablo II are you playing? Edge requires 1.10+ which is where the ladder only rune words started. You did remember to put the Runewords folder into the correct place?

If all the above is correct do not get rid of the bow, once we get it working the bow will transform. Try this right click on the Diablo.exe in the Diablo II folder and click the create short-cut. This will get you a new short-cut to work with. You can move the short-cut anywhere you want, but the Diablo II.exe must remain in the Diablo II folder. Place the Runewords folder into your Diablo II folder. Now depending on where you downloaded it from, you should have downloaded it from the first page of the sticky. There should be a gif image that accompanies it. It is in German(?), but should give you an idea of where to place the text.

If all else fails post an image of your short-cut and Diablo II folder contents and link them here.

Thanks for your help. I have double checked the above and confirmed all of the above. Please tell me how to "post an image of my short-cut and Diablo II folder contents and link them to you. AllieB

Thanks for your help. I have double checked the above and confirmed all of the above. Please tell me how to "post an image of my short-cut and Diablo II folder contents and link them to you. AllieB

To take a screen-shot is easy. Open the short-cut so you to where you can see its properties. Make sure the properties screen is selected and press Alt-Pr(i)ntScr(een). This will take an image of just the short-cut and not your entire desktop. Now open MSPaint or another image program and paste in there (Ctrl+V). Save it as an .jp(e)g so the file size is not big to your desktop. Now do the same for the for the Diablo II folder. Be sure to be in your Diablo II folder so we can see the Diablo II.exe and the Runewords folder. Now if you do not want to use an image hosting site then open a reply and click on the icon that looks like a paper clip with a piece of paper. This will allow you to attach a file to the reply. Search for it on your desktop and include both images.

I'm not 100% sure if you will be able to since you are a Newcomer, but other than that post them to an image hosting site. Open them in your browser and copy the link that you have from your browser. Be sure to try the url when you are logged out of the your account to ensure that anyone can see it not just your account.

To take a screen-shot is easy. Open the short-cut so you to where you can see its properties. Make sure the properties screen is selected and press Alt-Pr(i)ntScr(een). This will take an image of just the short-cut and not your entire desktop. Now open MSPaint or another image program and paste in there (Ctrl+V). Save it as an .jp(e)g so the file size is not big to your desktop. Now do the same for the for the Diablo II folder. Be sure to be in your Diablo II folder so we can see the Diablo II.exe and the Runewords folder. Now if you do not want to use an image hosting site then open a reply and click on the icon that looks like a paper clip with a piece of paper. This will allow you to attach a file to the reply. Search for it on your desktop and include both images.

I'm not 100% sure if you will be able to since you are a Newcomer, but other than that post them to an image hosting site. Open them in your browser and copy the link that you have from your browser. Be sure to try the url when you are logged out of the your account to ensure that anyone can see it not just your account.

I uploaded the files through IncGamers but don't know if you can find them. AllieB

I uploaded files to IncGamers. Do you have them? AllieB

Nope, unfortunately they either did not upload or they did, but did not show. I have not used the file uploading portion I thought it was just simple uploading. If someone else knows how to upload the file and can offer assistance please do.

Check the file size. It appears that .jpeg has the highest file size that can be uploaded @1.91MB .jpg is actually 390.6KB for some reason. Change the extension to that if you have to. The files should appear at the bottom of your message once you preview the post.

Edit: Just tested it out and added an attachement the way I explained earlier. Be sure to click upload each time.

Last edited:

As long as there is an extra t at the end as in -direct -txt
and the Runewords folder has other folders in it (as in not empty): Runewords/data/global/excel/Runes.txt
If it does then everything looks good.

You might try creating a shortcut of Game.exe in the same folder instead of Diablo II.exe I remember hearing that sometimes that works better. That was after looking at the files in the Diablo II folder and downloading the RWM and gif.

Other than that I will examine the images to see if there is anything else that I can see that might cause it not to work.

I've checked out all of the above except: "You might try creating a shortcut of Game.exe in the same folder instead of Diablo II.exe "
when I attempt to edit the Game.exe the edit attempts are ignored. Am I missing a step?

I have researched several sources on the RWM & forgive me I can't remember exactly but I saw something about if all else failed to delete
some (?) files with .bin ext. Doing so would force new (?) files to be created. I was not able to do this because of my lack of knowledge
and fear of making a mistake.
Also I have upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 and I have had few issues with it. I appreciate your help. AllieB

I've checked out all of the above except: "You might try creating a shortcut of Game.exe in the same folder instead of Diablo II.exe "
when I attempt to edit the Game.exe the edit attempts are ignored. Am I missing a step?
You did make a shortcut to it right? You are not editing the actual file?

I have researched several sources on the RWM & forgive me I can't remember exactly but I saw something about if all else failed to delete
some (?) files with .bin ext. Doing so would force new (?) files to be created. I was not able to do this because of my lack of knowledge
and fear of making a mistake.
Also I have upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 and I have had few issues with it. I appreciate your help. AllieB
I would delete the Runewords folder, the RWMfor113c folder, RWMfor113c.zip and the shortcuts and start over. Now in your image of your desktop it shows you have Chrome, try downloading the RWMfor113c.zip on the first page of the sticky with Chrome instead of IE.

I will try to look for the part about deleting the .bin files that you mentioned.

Edit: You are also using the shortcut to run the game right? You are not using some other shortcut or way of getting into the game?

Last edited:

I have RWM!!!! Did all you suggested-and BAM! I have learned so much from you about computing, managing files, etc. Thanks for not giving up on me. Your detailed instructions are great. AllieB

P.S. Wish I knew which of the changes did the trick, maybe all of them.

On Silospen's run counter, any idea why it might be deleting my run profiles? I use it just fine on my laptop, but not on the new pc. It'll track my runs perfectly fine until I close the application, at which point the profile is deleted and I have to "start over"

Where is it saving the profile? Are you using different OS's? Sounds like something is stopping it saving on the new PC.

Win7 on both, though my d2 on my laptop runs in xp admin. I'll check where it's saving when I get home; maybe it's just not going back to the saved profile file path

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High