HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

I'm not quite sure I follow you. What exactly do I need to do with my Diablo II in order to make d2x and d2s files that will not fail save in C:\Program Files\ATMA (i.e. Utility --> New Character/New Stash?

I also can't seem to change the security settings for Diablo II. :[

Hm... I could use some help with the Rune Color Mod. I got it to work once several months ago, but now I wanted to change some colors and it just won't work anymore.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Downloaded the RCM.zip file and extracted it into a separate directory.
2. Ran RCM.jar from that directory
3. Selected my RWM directory
4. Set the colors for each rune
5. Clicked on Execute
6. Checked the game, but noticed no difference
7. Deleted the lng/eng directory in my d2 folder and tried again. Now all runes are white again

When I click on Execute, the expansionstring.txt, patchstring.txt and d2tbl_output.tbl files get updated in the RCM folder, but nothing else. Nothing changes in the Diablo 2 folder.

I'm really surprised here, because I got it to work the first time.

Anyone know what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it myself :). For anyone who has the same problem:

1. Proceed with steps 1 to 5 as mentioned above.
2. In the Windows Explorer (or whatever browser you're using), drag the expansionstring.txt onto the exportexp.bat file.
3. Rename the d2tbl_output.tbl file to expansionstring.tbl
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 for patchstring.txt (use exportpatch.bat instead, and rename to patchstring.tbl)
5. Copy expansionstring.tbl and patchstring.tbl into your D2/RRM/data/local/lng/eng folder

I'm pretty sure I didn't have to use this procedure when I installed the mod for the first time, though.

Last edited:

Okay, this is my third attempt to use GoMule, and fopr the third time it refuses to run. When I click on the .jar file, I get this:

Code:
Error

The system cannot find the path specified
    at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
    at java.io.File.createNewFile(Unknown Source)
    at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.checkProjects(D2FileManager.java:908)
    at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.createMenubar(D2FileManager.java:758)
    at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.<init>(D2FileManager.java:120)
    at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.<clinit>(D2FileManager.java:70)
    at gomule.GoMule$1.run(GoMule.java:110)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
I made sure I had the latest version of Java installed, so that is not the problem. I'm running Windows Vista. Are there any known problems running GoMule on this OS?

edit: fixed. The problem was the Program Files directory ownership and permissions. For anyone else with the same problem, follow the directions here to assign ownership and full permissions to your Diablo II, ATMA, and GoMule folders (don't do it for the full Program Files directory). Works the same in both Vista and Windows 7. Thanks to silopsen for directing someone else with the same problem to this website.

Last edited:

I didn't find the answer to this (because there are 50+ pages!) but does RWM work with 1.13 BETA?

Yes, RWM works with 1.13 beta

GoMule Bug!

I don't know if this is known already, and I'm not sure whether this is the place to report it, but I've found a significant bug in GoMule 0.1A.

When equipping and unequipping resist all gear/charms, the resists do not change in the Stats/Dump tabs. Other resists appear to work fine.

I've noticed the same thing in 0.3. Also, the full set bonuses aren't recognized in the stats anymore (at least not +skills, resists and MF). I don't remember which version I used prior to 0.3, but the set bonuses to resists and MF were shown in the stats.

Also, I've noticed this:

Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer
Cryptic Sword
One Hand Damage: 12 - 192
Durability: 31 of 44
Required Level: 73
Required Strength: 99
Required Dexterity: 109
Fingerprint: 0x951b5669
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Indestructible
+40% Increased Attack Speed
150% Enhanced Damage
+318% Damage to Demons
Adds 25 - 35 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+5 to Strength
+15 to Dexterity

What's up with that? Bows seem to have durability as well. Could this be because these items have also been in contact with ATMA? A newly found Sabazi's Cobalt Redeemer and bows do not seem to have this quirk.

Arkardo - If you haven't done so already, I'd probably add any info to the GoMule bug-tracker on SF.net. Also, that's probably an ATMA bug. I really, really don't like that program. It's got bugs that are exploited, outside of anything possible within the game, that weren't patched.

Welp, I just ****ed up.

Excited after trading for the runes to make an Obedience in a 5-socket Cryptic Axe I found a while ago, I neglected to close D2 before I opened ATMA and started putting all the various pieces onto my character. I then realized I actually had the character open and closed him. A little warning appeared in ATMA, and whatever I clicked, the items were still there. I then saved the stash and character in ATMA, re-opened D2, and... nothing. The runes I traded for were still in their trade stash, but the Cryptic Axe, Hel, Thul, and Eth runes were all gone. Only the Cryptic Axe is essential, as I have back-ups of the other three runes and the Fal and Ko survived in the trade stash. Have I lost these items forever, or is there somewhere else I need to check before totally giving up?

Thanks.

Lostprophet
Q: Ack! I made a mistake and ATMA deleted my items! What to do?

Q: What are all these .org files? Do I need them? Can I delete them?

Don't panic. If you screw up or lose an item, simply uncheck the "autosave" option, close the stash or mule the item came from, and reopen it. Everything should be there. If you accidently save after losing an item, ATMA creates .org backup files. Simply look in the folder where the file (d2s or d2x) resides, and there should be a .org backup file (ATMA creates up to 9). You can rename the backup .org to the correct extension (.d2s or .d2x) and start again.

Good luck finding the .org file(s)!

This might be a very silly question and I feel stupid for asking it, but here it goes:

Any idea why can't I copy/paste a readout directly from GoMule to this forum? The only way I could make it work is to paste it in a .txt document and then copy/paste that text to the forum... :crazyeyes:

Is there a way to quickly dump an entire folder of chars (*.d2s files) or even just one char into a text file or the ATMA stash. Or do I have to drag every item into the stash one by one?

*nevermind gomule's "all" view is perfect :>

Last edited:
Issue with D2gfx.dll and 1.13 patch?

Hi, i just tried to use my mod'd d2gfx file to run multiple instances and now it says, good or bad d2gfx file in place that it's the wrong path.

has anyone else had a problem with 1.12 v 1.13 d2gfx.dll files?

Edit: Here's the error message:
Game. exe - entry point not found

The procedure entry point ?rInitialWindowRect@@3UtagRECT@@A could not be located in the dynamic link library d2gfx.dll.

i'd really prefer not to have to re-install if i can avoid it.

Solution: If anyone has really bad crap happen with diablo and they're using windows vista, right click the DiabloII folder, select "restore previous versions" and click the appropriate previous version for that whole folder, please note, you'll lose changes to individual characters and items, and any mod programs you have in the diablo folder (atma, gomule, Flavie).

Last edited:

Darkooo - Never heard of that, mate. Copy/paste from GoMule works for me no problem.

Kefka - I'm trying to understand the exact problem, but it sounds like you updated the 1.13beta and attempted to use the 1.12a modified D2gfx.dll. The problem is that these two files are different, and the offset for the modification is slightly off in the 1.13beta file.

I'd guess that you had the 1.12a D2gfx.dll backed up, and, therefore, would be incompatible with 1.13beta. I maintain copies of all files specific to every version of Diablo II, for my version switcher, and just in case this exact thing happens.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, or I could have sent you a properly modified (or normal) 1.13beta D2gfx.dll.

Is there a dupe checker in GoMule or do I need to use ATMA?

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the new interest in GoMule (hi to all our new users!) and sorry for my lack of answers. I'm still relaxing in the sun on my honeymoon for another 2 months (neh neh :p ) and the internet is not very well supported out here.

Since it's not easy to follow this thread when I only look at it once every few weeks, it would be awesome if you could use the bug tracker on SF.net when you find a bug or a problem.

Enter bugs here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=194865&atid=951141

and feature requests here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=194865&atid=951144

Please please please, enter your bug with as much information as you can. Leave an email address or your forum username so I can contact you if I have a question.

Thanks!

Re: Help with multiple instances

Using the modified DLL (found at http://www.chrisclarke.co.uk/D2stuff/PDFs/DLLs for mulit instances/ ), I have been able to run multiple instances of 1.12a for a long time.

I also play 1.09b (multiple installs, not the version switcher). I recently tried to open up a second instance of the program, but nothing happened. I downloaded the modified DLL for 1.09b, backed up the original DLL, and replaced it with the modified version. It still didn't work.

With 1.12a, if I use the standard DLL it gives me an error message when I try to open a second instance ("Only one copy can be run at a time"). If I use the modified DLL, I successfully open the second instance. With 1.09b, though, I do not get an error message no matter which DLL I use, and in neither case does a second instance open.

What am I doing wrong? :dontknow:

(I use WinXP)

I have same issue, didn't see any answer for it here.

Am playing 1.09 LoD, but unable to run multiple instances with the modified .dll.

Here is what i did:

1. Fresh Diablo 2 Install
2. Upgrade to LoD (Full)
3. Patch to 1.09b (LOD_109b.exe)
4. Replace D2gfx.dll with 1.09b modified version as linked to in post 1 of this thread

Also note that i have run multiple instances of 1.12a without problem. (and also use xp)

EDIT: Solution has been found - run game.exe not diablo II.exe

Last edited:

ATMA has behaved strangely (and very badly today).

Just finished a playing session and was trying to mule off found items. Opened ATMA, no problem. Opened character, no problem. Opened grail stash, slow but normal. Then the problems.

Cannot open my gem stash at all. Tried using an earlier file (rename .org to .d2x) - No joy. The gem stash is about 2000 items. Will not open and appears to crash ATMA. Have attempted all available versions of the file.

Can open my general stash but horribly slow. General stash is about 1500 items.

Cannot use Delete key in ATMA. I'm pretty sure I used to be able to just delete unwanted items from the list. Can't do that today. The right click-delete-accept sequence still works but is far too slow.

The real question is: What the heck has happened to ATMA? The only system change recently is a new virus checker (Kaspersky) but don't see how that could cause the Delete key failure. Virus checker displays no warnings so don't think it's the cause (but could be wrong).

Any ideas?

EDIT: As a test, opened all files in GoMule .. No problems. The issue is specific to ATMA. I'll use GoMule for now but I hate having unanswered/unresolved problems.

Last edited:

ATMA has behaved strangely (and very badly today).

Just finished a playing session and was trying to mule off found items. Opened ATMA, no problem. Opened character, no problem. Opened grail stash, slow but normal. Then the problems.

Cannot open my gem stash at all. Tried using an earlier file (rename .org to .d2x) - No joy. The gem stash is about 2000 items. Will not open and appears to crash ATMA. Have attempted all available versions of the file.

Can open my general stash but horribly slow. General stash is about 1500 items.

Cannot use Delete key in ATMA. I'm pretty sure I used to be able to just delete unwanted items from the list. Can't do that today. The right click-delete-accept sequence still works but is far too slow.

The real question is: What the heck has happened to ATMA? The only system change recently is a new virus checker (Kaspersky) but don't see how that could cause the Delete key failure. Virus checker displays no warnings so don't think it's the cause (but could be wrong).

Any ideas?

EDIT: As a test, opened all files in GoMule .. No problems. The issue is specific to ATMA. I'll use GoMule for now but I hate having unanswered/unresolved problems.

ATMA doesn't delete from the list by pressing the delete key. That'd be very risky. At least by requiring the user to right-click and select delete, you can be fairly certain you actually intend to delete it.

As for opening the stash, ATMA really doesn't like stashes that large. I notice pretty heavy slow downs with any stash > 1000, and I'm guessing there just might be memory or other issues not allowing ATMA to open such large files.

In the end, GoMule is definitely the way to go, unless you're playing versions GoMule doesn't support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High