ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

I think I put a Festering Essence of destruction or something like that in there :p Whatever Hell Andariel drops.

I'm trying to copy the files and nothing happens...is it sending it to some folder instead of just making copies to the desktop? I'm not very computer savvy >,<
I tried creating shortcuts and renaming the shortcuts while leaving the originals the same but that doesnt work..

And I'm using ATMA version 5.05

@Thyiad - Yes, that screenshot is from ATMA 5.0.5.1 for 1.13c (from the link in the first post of this thread). I also tried a few older versions of the program to confirm that it wasn't just a bad download, and had the same problem, however.

Regarding the appearance of my windows - yes, everything else on my system displays properly. I always set the cosmetic features of Windows to use the classic style and turn off themes and other bells and whistles, as they just tend to suck up system resources and annoy me in the process. Is it possible that any of those cosmetic tweaks would interfere with ATMA's display?

I fiddled around with GoMule a bit, but would prefer to stick with ATMA if possible. I used it for about six months with no problems, and quite enjoy its interface. It's only after this latest installation that I've had issues.

Thyiad - No, none of the compatibility options are checked.

Edited response to edit: I did notice that the file in the first post didn't contain an installer, just a .7z archive with an executable and the various data files. I seem to recall the version of ATMA that I used previously came with an installer.

Is it possible that one or more of the files needed by the interface weren't included in this archive?

Well, installing the older version and upgrading didn't fix it. It's got to be a problem on my end.

Looks like I'm switching to GoMule. I fired it up and it works just fine. I'm just a bit crotchety when it comes to changing programs and such :)

I will keep fiddling with ATMA to see if I can solve the issue. If I do nail down what the problem was, I'll post the solution here in case anyone else runs into it.

Thanks to Thyiad for trying to help me get this straightened out.

Last edited by a moderator:

@Escher: have you by any chance touched Windows' font size settings? If so, try reverting those to default and see if that fixes anything.

New to SP, a few questions.

Hello folks,

I've been playing b.net for well over 5 years. However, I've made a summonmancer to give single player a shot, and I would like someone to explain to me ATMA and the RWM so that I can use the same things that I can use on B.net...I understand how to install them, but I just don't understand how to operate them with the game...I get confused regarding the file types and what not.

I need an ATMA and RWM for dummies explanation...Much appreciated.

Gotta say though, I'm loving the /players8 command...Lvl 20 before I even killed andy...That's crazy.

Thanks to anyone in advance that can help me out.

Dapuff

Re: New to SP, a few questions.

Hello DaPuffin,

For your ATMA/RWN "for dummies" Check out the ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread. Any and all questions you have about it, right in there.

Though if you have read through that, we'll call this Virtue's 20 second tidbits. The file you add to ATMA/GoMule is the .d2s (That's your diablo stuff). That will add your character. Other than that with RWM just read the little install guide.

Hey, I've got a quick question. I currently have version 1.12a Diablo installed on my computer. I've also got a mod on it, for hellforge rushing. I think I deleted my clean version of Diablo, I was wondering if I can still DL the newest patch, or will that lock me out of b-net and what not? What should I do?

Thanks
-Zylo

Hello all,

I have been trying to install thew RWM, but cannot get it to work. I play version 1.13c and am running on windows vista. I downloaded the file and changed the extentsion to a zip and saved it. I changed the shortcut target but it would not let me change the start in path. I would attached a screen shot of the set up, but I can not find how to attach a file. In my ATMA stash the gemmed bow will actually say edge, but in the game it is just a gemmed bow. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Hello all,

I have been trying to install thew RWM, but cannot get it to work. I play version 1.13c and am running on windows vista. I downloaded the file and changed the extentsion to a zip and saved it. I changed the shortcut target but it would not let me change the start in path. I would attached a screen shot of the set up, but I can not find how to attach a file. In my ATMA stash the gemmed bow will actually say edge, but in the game it is just a gemmed bow. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Well it looks like a small typo if you do not read carefully. I re-read the instructions over and over again. I did not see it til the third time. You need to change the "Target:" with the -direct -txt not the "Start in:"

Here are the paths you should have. There is an extra space to avoid the smiley faces.
Target: "C: \Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -direct -txt
Start in: "C: \Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\Runewords"
Look at the german shortcut gif. The language may be different, but the places are the same. Most of us looked at the gif image and went off that so we never noticed the mistake. I know I did that as well. Keep the bow you are trying to make Edge in. Once you get it working the gemmed bow will change to Edge. Also make sure that you have the correct runes in the correct order and it is a 3 socket not 4 sockets and gray not magical.

Sorry Thy for making two posts, but I was trying to keep both posts open to make it easier to copy and paste them into one and hit the post button without thinking.

Last edited:

Hi all, some questions. I haven't read every page so apologies if this has been asked before. I downloaded Atma for 1.13 and I understand that there are some additional files that I'm supposed to download to make it work (because of the Essences). However, when I click on the "7z files are zip..." directory it is empty. That's where I'm supposed to get the special files to make ATMA work right? Well, currently there is nothing there.

Also, I have ATMA 5.04 currently installed. There is no installer that I could see in the ATMA download so do I just copy all of the new files over the old ones? I don't want to just copy the whole folder over because then it would wipe out my stashes and stuff right?

Lastly, about the RWM. That is compatible with the latest patch?

Thanks for any answers.

I'm not sure if it's a complete mistake, but it is ambiguous. I used the text, as well as the pic, and had no trouble. It does appear as if the -direct/-txt are also meant to be added to the 'start in' line though.

"Add -direct -txt [to the Target Line], and refer to the runewords folder in "start in...", as seen on shortcut.gif."

If this isn't the case, ackiel, you should post a pic. Print screen on the window, and Paste into Paint. Upload to imageshack.us, and copy the url here.

Are there any run counters which have a sound/beep that activates on run count hitting a number, or x amount of time? I don't think it'd be hard to implement, but just wondering if any of the current counters have this.
If 'run count' = 50
Play 'beep'

Arkaaus - have you tried GoMule as well? I don't really have any help for ATMA, as I switched over long ago.

I downloaded Gomule and tried to load an ATMA stash and can't seem to understand what it's doing. It loads a screen with the proper name of the stash, but I can't see any items in the window and I have no idea how to see them. There are no instructions on how to use Gomule that comes with the program and I really have no idea how it's supposed to work. Is there a readme somewhere?

Have you tried double-clicking the name of the stash?

Yes, the stash loads but there doesn't appear to be anything in it. Character files load fine though. The stash files do say "disconnected" in the title though, and I don't know what that means. Do I have to have the Gomule folder in a specific directory or something? Right now the Gomule folder is sitting on my desktop where I downloaded it. Again, there are no instructions so I'm not sure what's wrong.

AFAIK, "disconnected" means that an error occurred while trying to read the stash. This could be a filesystem problem, although that's unlikely. The most common cause is a wrong project type. GoMule projects can be either SC, HC, or mixed. SC projects can only open stashes with the "SC_" prefix. Similarly, HC stashes need "HC_" prefixes. Stashes without either prefix can only be opened in mixed projects.

You can view/change your current project's type by selecting "Project -> Preferences" from the menu.

My preferences are set for both SC and HC and it still says disconnected when I open a stash. It says something about stashes needing a SC/HC prefix on them so I changed one of my stashes to have a SC_ prefix and it still said disconnected upon loading.

Is there a readme or instructions for this program anywhere does anyone know?

Also, if anyone can answer the question about where the proper files are to make ATMA work with the latest patch would be appreciated since any character I try to load with ATMA that has an "Essence" in their inventory makes the program crash.

You were looking in the wrong directory.

The 7z files are zip files is just a note to tell people who have never used 7zip to rename it to zip.

You should be looking in these directories:
ATMA for 1.13c/

ATMA for pre 1.13/
ATMA_112_to_113_upgr..>

I'm not sure how much more clear I can make that. Unless I rename them to These are the files you want for 1.13c/ and
These are the files you want before 1.13c and
These are the upgrade files from 1.12 to 1.13

Which seems a bit excessive.

There is also an unzipped version of ATMA for 1.12 in the same directory
ATMAV_112_not_zipped/

As for RWM, there is a version for 1.13c labelled. Link in the first post of this thread.

The disconnected on GoMule could be a permission issue; are you on Vista or something and do you have admin rights? There is an instruction manual to GoMule (and ATMA has one too). Both are linked to in the first post of this thread.

Hi all, some questions. I haven't read every page so apologies if this has been asked before. I downloaded Atma for 1.13 and I understand that there are some additional files that I'm supposed to download to make it work (because of the Essences). However, when I click on the "7z files are zip..." directory it is empty. That's where I'm supposed to get the special files to make ATMA work right? Well, currently there is nothing there.

Also, I have ATMA 5.04 currently installed. There is no installer that I could see in the ATMA download so do I just copy all of the new files over the old ones? I don't want to just copy the whole folder over because then it would wipe out my stashes and stuff right?

Lastly, about the RWM. That is compatible with the latest patch?

Thanks for any answers.

Is it possible to delete gold from GoMule? With my switch to HC, I wanted to clear it all out.

Edit: Never mind. Just started a new project in it.

I just downloaded ATMA, but when I open my SP character's file, it says "Version: 1.11 save file / Error: unable to load the string tables".

I definitely have the 1.13 patch.

EDIT: Never mind. I'm just retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High