ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

"Skipping stash item with code:bet" (which I assume means Burning Essence of Terror)

I've created a d2x for holding my essences. I can open d2s files that have essences, but when I go to open the d2x where I put them for long-term storage, I get that error message and ATMA crashes. This happens both with the "patched" 1.12 as well as the updated 1.13 version of ATMA which I just downloaded.

Halp teh noob?

Really like gomule, finnaly got it working. I don't know if this has been brought up before but a few item that i have noticed is that gomule dosent recgonize that a char is wearing a full set, M'avina's for example full set gives you 100 mf this isn't recgonized in the stat section. also i was surprised that any extra stat point that weren't used also doesn't show up in the stat section either. Don't know if these were known issues or just over looked. But great muling tool.. one more thing i have both azurewrath swords, and gomule flavie dosen't recgonize the crystal sword, but see it as a phaseblade, how do i fix this?.

Cryist

Okay this is just plain strange. I am playing 1.13 with RWM installed. I have a necro with a merc using an Insight I brought in through Gomule, it is a pre 1.13 runeword and works just fine. I have a sorc that I'm playing using what I find for the most part. She just entered NM and I found the runes for Insight and I found a 4 socket War Scythe and when I inserted the runes up popped, you guessed it "A Gemmed War Scythe".
Here is a link to screenshots on Photobucket of both items as well as my shortcut properties.

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w87/Steellords-Maille-Designs/Diablo 2 Screenshots/

Anyone care to take a stab at this problem?.

@Steellord - The -text flag should be -txt (not sure if -text works or not, I just know that -txt does). You might also want to delete the Runewords folder and download the latest RWM (see the first post) and re-install just to make sure that everything is done correctly.

@Steellord - The -text flag should be -txt (not sure if -text works or not, I just know that -txt does). You might also want to delete the Runewords folder and download the latest RWM (see the first post) and re-install just to make sure that everything is done correctly.

Okay, maybe it's time for this old fart to hang up his D2 CD's. I swear I've looked at that shortcut dozens of times and not once did I realize that the "e" was there.
Thanks mattinm that fixed it. But it doesn't explain why the Insight brought in through Gomule worked? Anybody got an answer for that one?. I'm curious about it.

If you can create a runeword, Diablo will always recognize it as such, whether or not the item can be creating in the game. In this case, you had already created the runeword, therefore the game could recognize it, even though you couldn't create a new one. It's kind of like having Ladder Only runewords on non-Ladder. When the old Ladder characters are retired to non-Ladder, they keep their runewords, they just can't create anymore Insights, etc.

You only need to start D2 with -txt once, it creates all the bin files needed and then plain -direct is fine. I'd remove -txt now as it causes D2 to start slower. In fact I'm not sure it's ever needed as RWM comes with the bin files already.

Hiya ppl.

Hadn't played in a looong time, decided to give it a whirl again with a fresh start.

Downloaded Gomule and installed. Works just fine, except when I transfer items to the Gomule stash, they aren't deleted from my character. Did the same with ATMA, with the same results. I am thinking I have a problem with permissions to modify the Diablo folder, but not sure. This is the error message I get when trying to save in Gomule:

Can not create backup dir: C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Save\GoMule.backup\W2010.05.09
at randall.util.RandallUtil.checkDir(RandallUtil.java:178)
at gomule.util.D2Backup.backup(D2Backup.java:80)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.saveInternal(D2Character.java:1329)
at gomule.gui.D2ItemListAdapter.save(D2ItemListAdapter.java:39)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.saveAllItemLists(D2FileManager.java:1076)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.saveAll(D2FileManager.java:1061)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar$12.internalFrameClosing(D2ViewChar.java:127)
at javax.swing.JInternalFrame.fireInternalFrameEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JInternalFrame.doDefaultCloseAction(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicInternalFrameTitlePane$CloseAction.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas? Thanks for any help. Btw, this is with Win7.

You need admin permission to be able to write to Program Files by default. You can either move the Diablo II directory somewhere else or right click the save folder and change it's security settings.

Is it worth keeping the 1.12a to 1.13c upgrade stuff, guys? Upgrades seem to be causing confusion.

I'm thinking a bit of a re-design with 1.12a stuff in one directory and 1.13c stuff in another as a complete download. Thoughts?

Is it worth keeping the 1.12a to 1.13c upgrade stuff, guys? Upgrades seem to be causing confusion.

I'm thinking a bit of a re-design with 1.12a stuff in one directory and 1.13c stuff in another as a complete download. Thoughts?

That sounds like a good idea. Count me as one that would enjoy seeing a single (complete) download for each.

Last edited:

Hiya ppl.

Hadn't played in a looong time, decided to give it a whirl again with a fresh start.

Downloaded Gomule and installed. Works just fine, except when I transfer items to the Gomule stash, they aren't deleted from my character. Did the same with ATMA, with the same results. I am thinking I have a problem with permissions to modify the Diablo folder, but not sure. This is the error message I get when trying to save in Gomule:

Can not create backup dir: C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Save\GoMule.backup\W2010.05.09

Any ideas? Thanks for any help. Btw, this is with Win7.

I had a similar problem, try and put gomule into a public folder instead a sub dir off diablo, and point gomule to where the files are, should work, it did for me. BTW i use vista

I've made new directories for RWM and RRM. So there's pre 1.13c and 1.13c. If anyone wants to have a look and see if that makes it easier, I'd appreciate it.

Load times slower with rwm

So I recently installed the runeword mod and put it into the d2 folder. I was able to get the runeword mod to work correctly but I have noticed that my load times have been slowed significantly. From around 2 or 3 seconds to about 6 or 7..does this happen for everyone or did I mess something up?
Thanks for your help

It shouldn't really affect your load times that much, although it's possible on older computers. You could try removing the "-txt" part from your shortcut, to stop the game from needlessly regenerating the .bin files every time it starts.

I have several stashes for organizing Gems, Runes, Uniques, MF gear, etc...

When I try to load my "Gems" stash, i get a message on the bottom display that says:

Bad File Size. (0)
Unable to Load Stash File.

When I first got this message, i deleted my most recent backup (Gems 9) and tried to load Gems 8, but i'm getting the same message...I don't want to delete any more, because I recently created a ton of perfect gems, and don't want to delete them...

I've got about 50 perfect gems, and tons of lower gems for cubing that I can't access...is there a cure to this? Or are my gems lost?

Take a look at the properties of the stash' file. Does your OS also report it's size as 0? If so, the file got <bleep>ed, and the only cure is to restore the most recent backup that has a filesize >0. If, on the other hand, your OS reports a normal filesize, you might want to take a look at the file's permissions.

ATMA display problem

I'm having a problem getting ATMA to display properly. As far as I'm able to tell, the program functions as it should (creating and managing stashes, moving items between characters, etc), but elements of the display are running into and over one another.

A picture of the problem to clarify what I'm talking about: http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7789/atmaissues.jpg

These issues are present with any version of the program that I try to install, making me think that it's a problem with my system configuration rather than ATMA.

I've had to do a complete reinstall of Windows XP, Diablo 2 and ATMA since I last had the program working properly, so I may very well have screwed something up without realizing it.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Take a look at the properties of the stash' file. Does your OS also report it's size as 0? If so, the file got <bleep>ed, and the only cure is to restore the most recent backup that has a filesize >0. If, on the other hand, your OS reports a normal filesize, you might want to take a look at the file's permissions.

Yeah, Gems.d2x has 0 bytes, while Runes.d2x has 1.63...So I guess it got corrupted somehow. I've deleted all of my rune backups but 1 (the very first) and still no luck... I don't really know if I'm doing it wrong or if it's a lost cause because all of the Gems files have more than 0 bytes, it's just the .d2x file that has 0...

Mendokuse - when needing to restore a backup I do this:
1) Copy the .d2s/x and relevent .org files to the desktop
2) rename the .org 1 to .d2s/x
3) See if I can open that file. If yes great and delete all backups from the desktop, if not goto 4
4) Copy the .org 2 from the desktop and rename the .org 2 from to .d2s/x
5) Goto 3

The reason is ATMA creates a .org everytime you save. So by opening and closing in the save directory/wherever your normal stashes are, you are overwriting the backups you are trying to access! You can also turn off the auto-save feature instead but I always leave that on in case I do stuff and then forget to turn it back on.

GoMule's backups are slightly different. You can set it to back up each day/week/month and the backups are in their own folder and time stamped.

Let me know how you get on. Are you using the most recent version of ATMA (updated for 1.13c?). Have you tried opening the stashes in GoMule? Did you have a crash or something; It's unusual to have an issue like that. Did you put a Key of Terror or something in there? How many pgems/gems to cube are in that stash?

@ EscherReality - that looks very much like your Windows folder preferences is displaying as Win 95! Erm that is v5.05 of ATMA for 1.13c yes? Do your normal Windows windows display properly? Have you tried GoMule?

EDIT:
Mendokuse - ATMA 5.05 is the latest but there are a couple of modifications so it can understand the Essences. Check the first post for download links.

Escher - right click the ATMA shortcut. Check the Compatibility Tabs. You haven't got it running in 256 colours or something have you?

EDIT:
I'm lost then because the link in the first post is my own installation. And it doesn't look like yours. :(

(I will merge my posts later).

The Installer is still there Escher. It's in the 1.12a directory. If you use that you'll need the 1.12a > 1.13c files too.

The .7z is my own installation. I haven't had anyone else who has downloaded it say there is an issue. But you could try the 1.12a + upgrade .txts if you want.

EDIT:
@ Mendokuse - awesome! Congrats. Make sure you delete all the files from the desktop. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High