ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

There's instructions in the download.

Hey, someone said I need this so the new 1.13 drops don't appear as "An evil force" I'm talking about those Twisted suffering or w/e you get from the bosses.

I don't exactly see what RRM/RW mods are supposed to do with updating items... but it didn't work, am I downloading the wrong thing?

Ummm. Someone said you need "this". What is this.
If you run Dii with no mods (disable RRM/RWM,) the essences will appear as they should.

Are you downloading the wrong thing? What did you download?
It sounds like you have an outdated version of RRM/RWM.
Click onto the first page of this thread, go to the file you want to download (RRM/CRM/RWM) and find the file/mod you want for the current patch. Then install.

Outdated versions of RRM, RWM and CRM don't display all of the newer features properly.

Last edited:

About the drop calculators in atma and gomule: How do I get a drop table for the burning dead that live in Tal Rasha's & false tombs in Canyon of the magi, A2? Can't find them anywhere in either drop calc :(

'Burning dead' seem only to appear in sewers, and I'm pretty sure I've killed a couple of hundred clearing out false tombs today :p

[highlight]You have a PM[/highlight]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok. I dont get it.

I downloaded go mule but I have no idea how to get it to work. I am very computer illiterate...

Can anyone help me get started with this thing? I got one SP character which I just started, then I downloaded gomule and managed to get it on my desktop. But everytime I open it and try to start a character it just says player disconnected, plus I have to type in his name. Is that how its supposed to work? I thought it would automatically access my d2 files and have it all there when I opened it up.

What do I need to do to get the basics started>

Thanks.

There is a link to the documents/instructions in the first post of this thread but here's the direct link.

You need to tell GoMule where your files are.

So mouse over the buttons at the top. The first one loads/opens a character, the second just adds it to project. The next one loads/opens a stash, the next adds it to project.

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking around here for a while and have really appreciated all the knowledge people pass around.

I've been magic finding recently in single player and have gotten tired of waiting for someone I can trust to play an open battle.net game with me so I can access my mule character. I'd like to try GoMule, but am pretty paranoid about it screwing up my game. I've been looking on the web for reviews of new versions, without any luck.

I play Diablo on my Macbook running Snow Leopard, and I'm using the most recent D2 patch. All I'd be using GoMule for would be storing items. I don't really have an interest in altering the game any other way.

While using the recent versions of GoMule in the way I would, what are the chances that I'd run into bugs that would mess up my game?

Thanks a lot,

Prop

@Propagator - check this thread.

If you've been lurking here a while, you know we are pretty strict on game changes; we don't trust Open either.

I was probably one of the last converts to GoMule, I'm a bit dubious about most things especially if they're described as beta. :) In fairness, I don't think GoMule has ever messed up one of my stashes.

That is not a replacement for keeping proper back ups though. USB flash devices (or even emailing them to yourself) is a good idea.

Welcome. :)

Thanks for the help Thyiad. Looks like that thread wasn't around when I was originally doing the research. Should have checked again before posting.

That is not a replacement for keeping proper back ups though. USB flash devices (or even emailing them to yourself) is a good idea.

That's something I already do. Is GoMule going to affect my character files in any way? In other words, if I start using GoMule, back up my "save" folder like always, then end up wanting to stop using GoMule, will my backed up save folder transfer straight into a freshly installed D2 folder (provided it ever becomes necessary)?

ATMA backs up to .org files in the same directory as the .d2s (save) or .d2x (stash) files.

GoMule creates back up directories wherever your save/stashes files are. It's easy to find it, it's called GoMule backup. You can choose daily, weekly or monthly backups.

I actually delete that directory when I do my backups - it's extra files I don't need. Then if I did need to restore, I'd just unzip them back to wherever. EG save or stash directory.

Hey guys, having some gomule issues. I've been playing on two computers recently (as in, one when I'm at my apartment and one when I visit friends) and gomule has been acting up. If I take a character to the other location, get some items, levels, whatever, then take it back and replace my old one, gomule has been rewinding the character to the last time I had it there, causing me some brain turmoil figuring out how to balance everything without duping or losing anything.

Anyone know what's going on?

GoMule shouldn't care.

Providing the file is the same name in the same place, gomule should just read it in. It can't restore a previous version. My guess is you are putting the updated file somewhere other than where the original file is.

Safest thing is to move the save/stashes from location one to a USB. Install save/stash and play at location 2. Delete save/stash from USB. Move updated save/stash from location 2 to USB. Delete save/stash from location one. Move from USB to location one.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been doing. I'll try one more time, making sure to be super-duper careful, and we'll see what happens. Very strange though.

Figured out the problem. It was the old "windows 7 and administrator with the program files" issue.

Atma crashes when char has essences on them when opening

Hi guys.

It's my first week back in single player mode since the new patch came out and I'm a bit confused on how to upgrade Atma to 1.13. I'm using Atma 5.05 right now.

Can someone clarify what needs to be done for Atma not to crash whenever I try to mule with essences on a char?

I followed Frosty's posted instructions earlier:

1. downloaded
-Misc1.13cATMA.7z
-atma_gfxATMA1.13c.zip

2. made new folder in Atma directory:
-atma_config/1.13 (copied from 1.11)
-unzipped, copied and paste Misc.1.13c into folder, renamed into Misc.txt

3. unzipped atma_gfxATMA1.13c and copied paste into
atma_config/atma_gfx

What else am I missing? Thanks!

You could just download the pre-done 1.13 ATMA. It is named ATMA V for 1.13c.7z (that is a zip file). From this directory.

Remember to back up your existing config file if you have gold stored though.

SP Runewords and 1.13

Hi I know there are a lot of ladder only runewords, but I read that the previous ladders runewords not available in that version for SP become available in the next patch. So can we make Harmony now in SP? And is there an updated list available for SP runewords? Ive looked. All I can find is up to version 1.11.

Thanks.

I wasnt aware my question had anything to do with game mods, why move it here? I dont use any of them. I tried gomule but cant get it to work, so whatever. I'm not bothering with RWM.

My question was did blizzard update the runewords available for SP in 1.13. Not is there a mod available so I can use all the runewords.

Not everyone uses game mods...

Last edited:
Re: SP Runewords and 1.13

Hi I know there are a lot of ladder only runewords, but I read that the previous ladders runewords not available in that version for SP become available in the next patch. So can we make Harmony now in SP? And is there an updated list available for SP runewords? Ive looked. All I can find is up to version 1.11.
Nothing has changed in Single Player runeword availability since 1.11, so the list you found is still good. You cannot make stuff like Harmony in unmodded Single Player.

That's also probably why your post got moved. As ancalagon the black said, the only way to use those runewords is to use the runeword mod, making your question about mods (in a round about way.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High