Apocalypse Now: Forum Mafia for the dystopian future! ifra

Re: Apocalypse Now: Forum Mafia for the dystopian future!

The PM I got said I was brainwashed and did not say how or when or whatever. It said I could communicate with you at night and that if you died I would be normal and regain my old role again.

At first, I thought you had gone and pulled an aman on us so I was subtlely trying to get you offed and return to normal and act as useless to the town as possible.

I had no other post restrictions at all.

Who else was brainwashed into the cult?

Who else was brainwashed into the cult?

No one, I lied :crazyeyes:

I wasn't allowed to recruit on the first night.
Second night I chose you.
Was away for third night.
Forth night - just came back and saw that you're acting weird and trying to get me lynched. Wasn't sure what instructions the cult recruits get and thought that if anyone else comes up and backs you on lynching me I'll be going down no matter how I defend myself - so convincing you to play along was my priority before recruiting anyone else.

I was actually forbidden to let the recruits know who else I recruited.

I'm tellin ya man, we could've had them - I probably would've recruited Leo next if I had the chance (hmm wonder if doctor power would've blocked the recruitment?).

I thought so.

Noammr said "We were nearing the 50% mark" I guess he was struggling with leadership or something :p

I really had no idea why you hinted at your recruitment off the bat so I was trying to beat you into line with threats :whistling:

Umm...did it work? :D

I had guessed since you were away that I might try and resist the brainwashing to some extent but was going to come around...then you got kilted.

Noammr can read me like a book, no matter what I do ... he's just that good. :nod:

Just curious Gorny, if you switch to Noammr's team, why were you trying to get him killed? Aren't you suppose to help the cultists win?

Eh Zhao old buddy.

Read the last couple of posts before yours. :p

I would imagine since he knew he would revert back, he would rather revert back to his engineer role than stay a vanilla cultist. I think in hind-sight, maybe Asrrin shouldn't have told gorny his role would be reverted back if Noammr died. Would made for a much more interesting playstyle from Gorny.

Thanks to all who played the game, I found it a very fascinating read. I'm midway through my honeymoon and enjoying it a lot! The only mistake I think I made was the role PM to the recruited cultists. had I not mentioned the brainwashing wearing off (or hinted at mass suicide if the leader dies) it may have gone differently. I had Luda as a paranoid doctor. which is why his role pm did not include his roleblock ability. I'm surprised that ITY never came out against Leo, I had put in two cops specifically to create role claim conflict, as most games typically only have one cop and most mafia lie about cop claims. Overall, I had a good chuckle at everyone flailing around with their roles. Glad to see a town win even though it was stacked against you guys.

Eh Zhao old buddy.

Read the last couple of posts before yours. :p

Yes ... but while you were a cultist, you should have played for a cultist win? You can't be a cultist and purposely get your boss killed for the purpose of reverting you back to the good guys. :whistling:

@ Asrrin - if all my results hadn't all been anti town - I would have - but i was convinced I was paranoid so no point- if my investigations were mixed- then a different outcome!! luck of the draw !!!

I had guessed since you were away that I might try and resist the brainwashing to some extent but was going to come around...then you got kilted.

Yes but...you started messing around long before I left, right after you got recruited - why even give an indication you've been recruited? ...unless...it was your plan to get me kilt all along! Admit it! Confess and you shall be washed clean of your sins! (some of them, at least)

Noammr can read me like a book, no matter what I do ... he's just that good. :nod:

Mmmm...I shall savor this comment as an amazingly tasty & everlasting chimichanga which you can go back and eat time and time again.
I'm sure you would've made a terrific cultist Zhao...none of this "help me, must lynch Noammr" stuff.

wow had no idea game was over haha. 10 pagesl ater.. eeks.

thank you to mar and assrin for dual hosting duties. fun game.

me not getting saved by the doc actually helped the town out a lot so good move. I dont know how Noammr didnt get lynched when it was obvious Gman was being controlled by him. plus i got the item the first night so I knew that gornys roleclaim was true.

Also, I targeted CC the first night! HOW ABOUT DEM APPLES. haha. it led to nothing but oh well. (with the radiation detector)

honestly Noammr, I thought there was a chance you and I had the same role.

I dont know if it was posted, but it was said that I could not be lynched, only nkd so I was worried about noammr coming after me and expected a double death, just not the way it happened

* Slaps Gorny with a smelly trout *

Cheater! ... or at least bender of rules to a certain extent! :tongue:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High