Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Hi. Been a while since I came around this community. I was wondering what an average (12-14%) Nightwing's Veil is worth. Tired running pits with my horker. Got 3 Griffons and still no Nightwing's Veil. : <
I guess that depends on what you mean.

There's an item values thread/guide pinned in the SP trade forum: https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/sptf-price-check-guide-pcg-price-inquiry-thread.25/. For bnet, there's a subforum for that: https://www.purediablo.com/forums/forums/price-checks.38/.

So I've been testing various Pindle runners... Blizzard sorc is quite good with 420-440% MF and I haven't even Ist-ed her Oculus yet. She's also very safe with Glacial Spike freezing Pindle's minions to a standstill. I had assumed she'd be my runner, since it's a quite popular build in that area.

Then I tried my LF Zon and wow. Not quite as high MF (395%), but she's so fast at killing. Definitely faster at /p1, so maybe better for pure magic finding. The only thing is she feels less safe. She never got hit by any charges, but it just feels like she could, especially on higher players settings.

Do you guys really consider A2 merc's auras as a factor on Pindle runs? It seems like they rarely even have time to trigger. I switched the Zon to a Holy Freeze merc just in case that would slow things down a bit.

Both Ogier and Cahir are in act I, the first just finished normal Andy and proceeded to act II. His damage output is rather high for a level 20 character but that will fade soon enough. The early on cannot be frozen if the set is nice. But because you need to put quite some points in Dex and strength life feels a bit low. The 8 slots for potions don’t help much on the feeling safe on the road part… but since I don’t need mana nor antidote potions I’ll manage probably.

Cahir nearly experienced his first death in the hole (I think) level 2 when a champion pack and a unique pack with cold damage rogue archers spawned next to eachother. The merc bought it, Cahir survived after resurrecting him. Finally found an Ort to get his lightening res up.

The early on cannot be frozen if the set is nice. The 8 slots for potions don’t help much on the feeling safe on the road part… but since I don’t need mana nor antidote potions I’ll manage probably.
Is this referring to Death's Sash? If so, I save up my emeralds and upgrade the belt as soon as I could on my untwinked characters so you get more slots.

Is this referring to Death's Sash? If so, I save up my emeralds and upgrade the belt as soon as I could on my untwinked characters so you get more slots.
Nope… I just realized I left the part about the set out. Ogier runs the full Arctic Bindings set. And is a paladin who runs with holy freeze now

Also: no set upgrades in LoD as far as I know. My MoF paladin has a upped goldwrap for that reason

Had some more time, so I did some preparation for the MFO. After some talking with @BBS_Agonistes I took a run counter (the one made by Oskros , thanx for helping me out!) and did some running to try and get the hang of it. I like the grail controller... Need to get that thing up to speed

Did some pindle runs with Roland to see what the thing does. Don't think I get automode just yet. But I'll figure it out eventually.
Pindle did drop a nice Spirit Keeper. Wrong categorie and the MFO didn't start yet but it's better then what Baal dropped the last couple of runs

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Sent you a PM about the counter!

Pindle has dropped a few nice things for me as well. Finished out my IK set and had some other somewhat rare items drop (Steelrend, Stormspire, Alma Negra, Spirit Ward, Wolfhowl, etc.) that I hadn't seen yet since my restart in just a few hundred runs. I'm excited about running this target in a more disciplined manner in the MFO!

So I've been testing various Pindle runners... Blizzard sorc is quite good with 420-440% MF and I haven't even Ist-ed her Oculus yet. She's also very safe with Glacial Spike freezing Pindle's minions to a standstill. I had assumed she'd be my runner, since it's a quite popular build in that area.

Then I tried my LF Zon and wow. Not quite as high MF (395%), but she's so fast at killing. Definitely faster at /p1, so maybe better for pure magic finding. The only thing is she feels less safe. She never got hit by any charges, but it just feels like she could, especially on higher players settings.

Do you guys really consider A2 merc's auras as a factor on Pindle runs? It seems like they rarely even have time to trigger. I switched the Zon to a Holy Freeze merc just in case that would slow things down a bit.
For MFO, p1 or at most p3 is probably best if you are focused on MF drops. Of course, XP for characters below 92 (or maybe 93) could factor in, but I think LF zon with ~400 MF is quite strong runner at p3. I won Pindle category with less well geared (and lower MF) Zon a few years back, so it's definitely a solid top-tier runner. Even without teleport, you can cast Decoy and spam away!

• Love
Put Cahir through nightmare act I a bit more. Crafted a somewhat better blood gloves. Still no barb +skills but with better LL and CBCahir_crafted glove.png

Ah, of course. I forgot you're in LoD. Upgrading Death's Sash is my favorite part of D2R. :LOL:
But only if you have another one which is not being upped, for low-level characters.

The helm and boots of the IK set are worth upgrading to elite, too, as you need a high strength anyway in order to wear the maul and the armor. I wouldn't upgrade the gloves and the belt though because they have strength bonuses which are useful for meeting the reqs of the rest.

Put Cahir through nightmare act I a bit more. Crafted a somewhat better blood gloves. Still no barb +skills but with better LL and CBView attachment 82589
And we’re done with act I nm. Andy was not that hard.

Especially if you have enough points in frenzy you just outrun her poison dart when you run in a strait line to the town portal to resurrect the merc and stock up on antidote.

I had to do that once… beyond that it was just stunning the non-uniques and killing Andy as fast as possible.

Still no deeds. That’s actually a first for me. And with 65 points unspent and BO I can always expand the red bubble a bit more.

Reactions: Triple Helix
Got Bellona the Dream Sorc to 68 and rescued Anya. Most NM Act 5 monsters die within three pulses on P8, and my zeal is at around 41K damage, so pretty easy going right now. Diablo went down quickly and I never even bothered to use static field, wanted to see how easily he'd go down with just zeal.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High