Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Quick question;
I know D2R loading times are terrible; I knew that from the ladder season and running Meph up till now.

But I'm definitely feeling it way more now that I've switched to AT runs;
5~7 seconds for each of loading, Warriv to act 1, and wp to AT! :mad:

Is everyone else putting up with the same awful loading times as I am?
Yeah, that's about my experience as well. I tried all the tips that were FAM (removing vertical sync, etc.,) and maybe had a marginal improvement, but still in the range you describe.

Quick question;
I know D2R loading times are terrible; I knew that from the ladder season and running Meph up till now.

But I'm definitely feeling it way more now that I've switched to AT runs;
5~7 seconds for each of loading, Warriv to act 1, and wp to AT! :mad:

Is everyone else putting up with the same awful loading times as I am?
Yeah, I experienced this too in my old laptop. What helped somewhat was to instead run with Harmony from Warriv Act II to the WP in Act II Town without switching of acts. I could start running while the loading screen was still on display and was almost to the WP once the loading screen disappeared.

Took some time though to learn the route to not get stuck in town at an obstacle xD

Loading times are much better in my new laptop though. Still I have the inkling, that switching Acts in a run increases loading times... But not sure about that.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Still I have the inkling, that switching Acts in a run increases loading times... But not sure about that.

I also think this slows it down, I hade the same experience as you running LK. If you think about it, every time you switch acts, the game needs to load different textures etc.

Yeah, I've definitely taken the technique of just running through town with Harmony bow and TKing the WP as soon as in view for things like AT or LK. Switching Acts not only slows down load times IMO but means you have to sit through more loading screens rather than just one.

Hm thanks everyone!
It does seem to make more sense to just run to the act2 wp in the 5+ seconds of loading times that it would take for me to go to act 1 anyways.

The benefits of running with Harmony during loading screen and the lack of extra texture to load are all cherry on top. :)

E: I think i also might be able to loop back and add in stony tombs to the run.

Last edited:
I’ve tried researching but haven’t found what seems a conclusive answer: is the Andariel bug still a thing in D2R?

I’ve read that now Andariel always is bugged regardless of how you exit after killing her the first time, but I’m unsure of if that’s hearsay or how to tell if she’s bugged or not.

I want to run her for SOJ on my Sorc but I’m fairly sure my son fought NM Andariel and exited just however.

From what ive read on the blizzard d2r forums it seems all the bosses are automatically bugged. Ive yet to confirm it though as i dont know how to confirm.

*Liv appears from the Pandemonium Fortress NM

Liv: I have the best luck ever. Yesterday war travelers dropped. Today razortail dropped. With a massive gambling session for amulets my resists are maxed for NM

DJ: not to mention your awesome NM Meph map. Directly running and making one turn to level 3 even without teleport is so convenient.

Liv: yep, no monsters either unless my merc and valk wander a little.

DJ: I think I’m fairly comfortable with your P8 for now. We’ll drop for NM Diablo, but i think you’re set for NM. Probably just lots of act V until I find you the rest of the stuff for hell.

Liv: wish list now is pul runes, lem runes, and a elite bow base with 4 sockets.

Anyways, she’s been running at P8 actIV and there really hasnt been danger. Her damage is 400 to 1100 something using strafe. Still the girl with the best luck ever.

Andariel certainly is dropping as if she were bugged, and I have a vivid memory of being gutted that I didn't talk to Warriv when I beat her in NM. So that's my subjective confirmation of what others have guessed at.

I’ve tried researching but haven’t found what seems a conclusive answer: is the Andariel bug still a thing in D2R?

I’ve read that now Andariel always is bugged regardless of how you exit after killing her the first time, but I’m unsure of if that’s hearsay or how to tell if she’s bugged or not.

I want to run her for SOJ on my Sorc but I’m fairly sure my son fought NM Andariel and exited just however.
I wanted to reply to this yesterday, but occasionally get logged out. When trying repeatedly to use my correct forum password it says it's incorrect... so my account was locked for a while until I could reset password...

Anyway, yes, Andy is 100% bugged in D2R no matter what you do after the quest kill. I've tried the old trick of talking to Warriv and leaving immediately as well as not, and either way she'll still do her quest drop every time.

I wanted to reply to this yesterday, but occasionally get logged out. When trying repeatedly to use my correct forum password it says it's incorrect... so my account was locked for a while until I could reset password...
I've been having the same problem recently (second or third time, since registering here) and I use a PW manager so I am sure the password is correct. Feels like they have been rotating the salt on the serverside or something.

I've been having the same problem recently (second or third time, since registering here) and I use a PW manager so I am sure the password is correct. Feels like they have been rotating the salt on the serverside or something.
That's my third time also i think. And I keep my passwords written down. Thought maybe my phone was acting up lol.

Couldn't play much for a bit, but had some time this weekend. Got Bellona to Matriarch, so the second Dual Dreamer has been completed and was pretty easy. Will write something up later, but she had some of the best luck I've ever had with a character on a playthrough - though nothing outlandish just a lot of set/uniques.

A question about Frenzy...

I'm questing a Rift/VoiceOfReason Frenzy barb, currently level 81, nearing the end of act 2 of Hell, and I'm sitting on 14 skill points. Current skills points:

base/buffed
Frenzy 20/25
Mace Mastery 20/25
Taunt 20/25 (to synergize Frenzy)

Also 1 point each in speed, stamina, iron skin, resists, howl, shout, BO, battle command, find potion, find item, grim ward. I plan on respeccing at some point (likely to Frenzy with blades using Grief PB and Fleshripper), so I figured that I'd spend a point on Grim Ward to try it out since it's been buffed. It's pretty cool, but more points in Find Potion would make it better.

I'm reluctant to dump points into maxing out Frenzy since I'm getting a lot of my damage from Frozen Orb, which is intended, but I'm considering spending some points in Stamina to get more duration out of Frenzy. Has anyone tried that? Were the points worth it? I'm not going to spend points in Berserk since I'm already doing good elemental damage.

The character is pretty safe, and has ~2900 life with 1 point in BO. I'm currently playing on /p5.

Basically, my options are moar physical damage, more Frenzy duration, moar BO, or moar Find X / Grim Ward.

A question about Frenzy...

I'm questing a Rift/VoiceOfReason Frenzy barb, currently level 81, nearing the end of act 2 of Hell, and I'm sitting on 14 skill points. Current skills points:

base/buffed
Frenzy 20/25
Mace Mastery 20/25
Taunt 20/25 (to synergize Frenzy)

Also 1 point each in speed, stamina, iron skin, resists, howl, shout, BO, battle command, find potion, find item, grim ward. I plan on respeccing at some point (likely to Frenzy with blades using Grief PB and Fleshripper), so I figured that I'd spend a point on Grim Ward to try it out since it's been buffed. It's pretty cool, but more points in Find Potion would make it better.

I'm reluctant to dump points into maxing out Frenzy since I'm getting a lot of my damage from Frozen Orb, which is intended, but I'm considering spending some points in Stamina to get more duration out of Frenzy. Has anyone tried that? Were the points worth it? I'm not going to spend points in Berserk since I'm already doing good elemental damage.

The character is pretty safe, and has ~2900 life with 1 point in BO. I'm currently playing on /p5.

Basically, my options are moar physical damage, more Frenzy duration, moar BO, or moar Find X / Grim Ward.
Another option is points in Battle Cry to reduce damage and defense. In 1.09, it was an excellent go-to skill imo.

Reactions: snickersnack
Another option is points in Battle Cry to reduce damage and defense. In 1.09, it was an excellent go-to skill imo.
I thought of that, but I'm using Soul Drainer, so they're already getting hit with Weaken.

The merc has Might and Conviction (so enemy defense isn't a problem), and the barb is wearing Treachery. No other curses or auras.

Edit: Also, I now have the runes to make Fortitude, so that may make a difference since I'll need to move some gear choices around to still hit a decent ias bp (I think). Fortitude gives as much +damage% as maxing two synergies, if I'm not mistaken, so I could either go with more physical damage or I could have more points to play with instead of synergizing. :unsure:

Reactions: Triple Helix
So started up the next in the Sept, so Ukko the Barbarian has arrived. Off work today, so had some time to get him rolling and take out Duriel on P8. He's a Frenzier for leveling and will respec later, since that skill won't quite work with a shield (unfortunately). ;)

I just found a 3so eth diadem while MFO-ing.

So: dream or delirium helmet for a merc? Delirium I could make right now, dream I need a Jah for and that’s actually intended for an Infinty if and when I find a good base (ethereal) for it

What would your consideration be? I can see use for them both but haven’t made one ever so I find it hard to decide

Diadems have pretty low defense, so I don't think Eth matters.
As a merc helm Dream adds little - You can't add the second piece on an A2 merc and you can't synergise it.

Go for Delerium but....
- If you use Reapers don't use Delerium, it will overide the Decrepify.
- If you use Insight or Infinity you need Chains of Honor or you won't be leeching.

Diadems have pretty low defense, so I don't think Eth matters.
As a merc helm Dream adds little - You can't add the second piece on an A2 merc and you can't synergise it.

Go for Delerium but....
- If you use Reapers don't use Delerium, it will overide the Decrepify.
- If you use Insight or Infinity you need Chains of Honor or you won't be leeching.
See… this helps, a lot!

Just muled it away and will wait for a better base for delerium. Can’t use it now anyway since I use reapers

Reactions: maxicek
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High