Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Pit/Pindle Zerker question: This may have been answered somewhere--
In D2R, Find Potion is now a synergy for Find Item, which seems like it could change the build a bit.

Are there other changes in the skill tree to be aware of? It seemed like skill point distribution was already sort of tight for a Zerker, so would it be better to save points from Shout and invest into Find Potion? Or 20 pts in Find Item plenty?

See… this helps, a lot!

Just muled it away and will wait for a better base for delerium. Can’t use it now anyway since I use reapers
Followup question: dual dreams stacks from 1.14D right? Is the same true for the buffs? Or do they work on older versions too?

It might be a nice extra damage source for my freeze paladin who uses the Arctic gear set, since that needs 20 points in salvation anyway and I can always throw in some points in RL too. Since he doesn’t use a shield a dual dream options is out anyway…

Just to be complete I run 1.14B. Not really sure why, never really bothered to see if 1.14D offers more

Pit/Pindle Zerker question: This may have been answered somewhere--
In D2R, Find Potion is now a synergy for Find Item, which seems like it could change the build a bit.

Are there other changes in the skill tree to be aware of? It seemed like skill point distribution was already sort of tight for a Zerker, so would it be better to save points from Shout and invest into Find Potion? Or 20 pts in Find Item plenty?
Not sure but I’d think the change in synergy should leave some points free to spent on find potion?

For my zerker I need to put points in 3 shouts, in D2r that should be fixed I think (moved the synergy from the silly defense booster to the life/mana one right?)

Ukko has killed Duriel and is wandering the jungle now. He's level 59, switched to WW and is obliterating things on P8 with Grief. Only a few more levels until he dons the Dreams and I see how he performs. Haven't decided which armor to use, though I am leaning towards Fort.

Ukko has killed Duriel and is wandering the jungle now. He's level 59, switched to WW and is obliterating things on P8 with Grief. Only a few more levels until he dons the Dreams and I see how he performs. Haven't decided which armor to use, though I am leaning towards Fort.
This is going to be a beast!

Followup question: dual dreams stacks from 1.14D right? Is the same true for the buffs? Or do they work on older versions too?

It might be a nice extra damage source for my freeze paladin who uses the Arctic gear set, since that needs 20 points in salvation anyway and I can always throw in some points in RL too. Since he doesn’t use a shield a dual dream options is out anyway…

Just to be complete I run 1.14B. Not really sure why, never really bothered to see if 1.14D offers more
Not sure what you mean in the second sentence, but I don't believe this has changed since 1.10 when it was introduced.

Dual Dream is awesome with Holy Freeze, synergise RL before you pump Salvation. I did it on a Bear Paladin, very strong and safe.

Liv has beaten Nightmare at lvl 73. Im currently in paranoid mode as im pretty sure her resists will be negative for hell (war travelers and razor tail dont provide resists). Is p3 possible for her with an upped WWS? What is a good armor for a barb merc? I put the set cuirass on him but he seems to die a lot. His helm is guillames face. We also need mid level runes preferably to make an oath to up his damage some more.45FCD2A4-3CE2-46F0-922A-674B41EFBAD1.jpeg

ArmPitofTravis is a Patriarch. Believe I heard it was the worse Grief ever rolled in the SPF @Pancakes.
1662082855917.png

Created him to run Pits and Trav, but I reckon you could tell that much from the name. A few action shots are highlighted as follows:
1662082941214.png
Still using a Prayer Merc in Hell...
1662083018435.png
I like the Blue Man Group
1662083089140.png

Ancient's were quite ancient. Was able to separate them, which really is the key. Lot of running around to do that. Only used a few pots. Left my offering on the mount, as you can see.
1662083150494.png

Loot
1662083179489.png

I have 10m gold to burn on a UT99 Javazon in D2R. What should I gamble for?
  1. Diadems.
    1. maybe Griffon's, maybe a good rare
  2. Gloves
    1. chance to find 3/20 or a nice rare 2/20
  3. Rings
    1. mostly looking for Ravenfrost, BK or SoJ (Anni)
I have none of the items listed above. Good thing about D2R is, that I dont have to refresh the gamble window, so getting a screen with diadems won't be too difficult.

Gloves you can shop from Anya.
I would be running Pindle for the Griffons, but not a bad idea to gamble for it in D2R. It is worth a shot.
I would probably go for rings.

Reactions: lizard
I'm levelling a fishymancer. I have Homonculus; should I go max block or max vit? I went max vit on the fishymancer I have in 1.14d.
Max vit IMO. Shouldn't be getting hit too much with all your meatshields out while you hang back exploding corpses. It would still be a pretty big investment in dex to get block % up.

Last edited:
MF Run counting question: This may have been answered somewhere but is there an alternative for run counting other than silospen's classic java run counter ? I've been having issues with it counting the autosaves the game (D2R) performs between saves. I estimate it counting about 15% too many runs at my current pace. Anyone knows of a workaround ?

MF Run counting question: This may have been answered somewhere but is there an alternative for run counting other than silospen's classic java run counter ? I've been having issues with it counting the autosaves the game (D2R) performs between saves. I estimate it counting about 15% too many runs at my current pace. Anyone knows of a workaround ?
Oskros counter.
Tips from a forumite that pmD me

“On D2R, I got the simple auto mode to work once I specified the game path and had the name the same as my character. For some reason on one computer it automatically detected the game path, but on the first one I installed it didn’t.

Because the counter just monitoring game saves, for the first run you have to use the hot key to start and then from there it will count on its own.

It seems like other things trigger the counter starting a new run, like casting TP or identifying items.”

Hello everybody,
I'm a very recent member, I played D2 like 10 years ago and I started again playing SP with D2R for a couple months now
This forum has been a great source of information since then but there are still many terms I dont get yet, and one I see everywhere is twinked/untwinked
What does that mean ?
Thanks in advance :)

Hello everybody,
I'm a very recent member, I played D2 like 10 years ago and I started again playing SP with D2R for a couple months now
This forum has been a great source of information since then but there are still many terms I dont get yet, and one I see everywhere is twinked/untwinked
What does that mean ?
Thanks in advance :)

Untwinked = Character uses only gear only he/she has found (no transfer of runes, gems, gold, charms, white items etc from other characters)
Twinked = Character uses gear found by other characters (e.g. to speed up leveling, etc i transfer death's set to a new character)

Oskros counter.
Tips from a forumite that pmD me

“On D2R, I got the simple auto mode to work once I specified the game path and had the name the same as my character. For some reason on one computer it automatically detected the game path, but on the first one I installed it didn’t.

Because the counter just monitoring game saves, for the first run you have to use the hot key to start and then from there it will count on its own.

It seems like other things trigger the counter starting a new run, like casting TP or identifying items.”
Allright, Ima give it a go if it is FAM. I was not sure.

I am finding the limits of my Dual Dream whirler, as Act 2 was a bit of a slog at P8. Actually did a S&E from the tomb because of the ridiculous number of Unravellers (had 10 in one room) and how slow it was to kill everything. Once I finish, I am going to see what he's like dual wielding.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High