Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

My son and I were working on a Fury Druid and he's about level 30, and only today did I realize that off-weapon IAS now works for this build in D2R! That really opens up a lot of opportunities, right? Like, you could do Death in a Decapitator or something like that, provided you get some decent off weapon IAS. I'm curious now what all the options are. Just saw dbrunski's video on the Reaper Wolf, which is a fun idea, although I don't have a Eth Reaper's lying around to Zod. :LOL:

I just get tired of every single melee build using Grief, so I may try something different with this just for variation.

Dont have any mid runes yet as the pul and lum I got in NM went to upgrade the wws and make a smoke. My barb merc is the opposite in that he basically always dives into the fray. I’ll keep an eye out for the stuff mentioned though.
The other thing I'll add is a source of life leech is really helpful because those barb mercs are so aggressive they'll keep their life bulb full even if taking a lot of damage.

Freydis the Tankazon is now level 22 and strolling through Act 2. Need a few more levels to get her a decent weapon, but not having any issues so far since she's twinked out with some early set items.

Reactions: Swamigoon
My son and I were working on a Fury Druid and he's about level 30, and only today did I realize that off-weapon IAS now works for this build in D2R! That really opens up a lot of opportunities, right? Like, you could do Death in a Decapitator or something like that, provided you get some decent off weapon IAS. I'm curious now what all the options are. Just saw dbrunski's video on the Reaper Wolf, which is a fun idea, although I don't have a Eth Reaper's lying around to Zod. :LOL:

I just get tired of every single melee build using Grief, so I may try something different with this just for variation.

The other thing I'll add is a source of life leech is really helpful because those barb mercs are so aggressive they'll keep their life bulb full even if taking a lot of damage.
That sounds like a job for Treachery! :LOL:

I think that fury druid will have to be my next build. An Obedience Thresher/Mancatcher (whichever is faster with a druid) might be workable with Treachery and other IAS gear.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
@BBS_Agonistes Unfortunately I think it pushes wereform more into the direction of Grief. Grief without the IAS would still be the best one hander. You just need to pile on the off weapon too now, like every other melee build.

@BBS_Agonistes Unfortunately I think it pushes wereform more into the direction of Grief. Grief without the IAS would still be the best one hander. You just need to pile on the off weapon too now, like every other melee build.
Makes sense. Though it does at least seem to make "Death" in a Decapitator viable since Decapitators have a faster speed for Druids.

I ran some numbers on the maxroll D2 planner. I don't know how accurate it is.

"Death" in Eth Decapitator: 92k dps
"Grief" PB / "Phoenix" Monarch: 96.9k dps

Of course, that's with all the insane BIS gear they have in every slot, but it at least suggests "Death" could be pretty viable compared to a much more expensive Grief setup. I'd like to run some calculations with a more realistic gear/charms set up.
That sounds like a job for Treachery! :LOL:

I think that fury druid will have to be my next build. An Obedience Thresher/Mancatcher (whichever is faster with a druid) might be workable with Treachery and other IAS gear.
Obedience is a pretty cool idea as well! From that calculator I posted about, it looks like the Thresher is quite a bit more damaging.

Rare Act 3 jungle map where the path to the Spider Cavern is through the Great Marsh.
Act3RareCavernMark.png

I have a good idea of how to navigate the jungle maps, and when I explored every Spider Forest tile except for this last piece, I thought maybe I have one of those maps I've only heard about. I took the "Great Marsh Skip" into Flayer Jungle, then ran back into the Great Marsh just to access the last remaining tile of the Spider Forest. All 3 waypoints in the screenshot as a bonus!

Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that, and I’ve done quite a few passes through A3 over the years. Very interesting - thanks for sharing!

Shame there is no TitanSeal weapon speed calculator for 2.4+
I was also looking for an updated attack speed calculator. I could only find wereform calculators but none that generally reflect the changes.

Does anyone know of something?

Also I was also looking for updated monster data for new lvl 85 areas, like HP range, but couldn't find anything either, do you guy's know of there some place where those can be found?

Trouble is we seem to have lost most of our in depth technical experts over the years - RTB, TitanSeal, Onderduiker and others who contributed so much to this game.

Time for a new generation to step up and fill the gap?

Trouble is we seem to have lost most of our in depth technical experts over the years - RTB, TitanSeal, Onderduiker and others who contributed so much to this game.

Time for a new generation to step up and fill the gap?
I recently started learning python. How would "an interested party" get started?

Reactions: Triple Helix
Put Ogier, the holy freeze ranger with Arctic gear set, through most of act II normal.

He’s fun to play and does better then I would have guessed so far. I have an idea how I want to build him, but I need to get a better idea about his future gear. I did some thinking and I think I want him to be about slowing everyone down and letting the merc do most of the killing. But we’ll see when he is in nightmare how he does then

Put Ogier, the holy freeze ranger with Arctic gear set, through most of act II normal.

He’s fun to play and does better then I would have guessed so far. I have an idea how I want to build him, but I need to get a better idea about his future gear. I did some thinking and I think I want him to be about slowing everyone down and letting the merc do most of the killing. But we’ll see when he is in nightmare how he does then
Been reading up on ranger builds. Not too much to find and none mention the Arctic bow as an option.

This is going to be… a challenge to say the least

I recently started learning python. How would "an interested party" get started?

I imagine the best place to start would be digging through the files in \data\global\excel.
I don't remember if they are there from a base installation or not, but I know you can extract them.

Lots of information in them (including minHP, maxHP for each difficulty in monstats.txt), just load them up in Excel for ease of viewing. The folder also contains a data file guide for info on what each column's data for each file represents.

I imagine the best place to start would be digging through the files in \data\global\excel.
I don't remember if they are there from a base installation or not, but I know you can extract them.

Lots of information in them (including minHP, maxHP for each difficulty in monstats.txt), just load them up in Excel for ease of viewing. The folder also contains a data file guide for info on what each column's data for each file represents.
Awesome! Reading in excel files is pretty easy with python, and the calculations should be easy. It's the matter of deciding what calculations to do in order to match the game that I'm not sure about.

Having read a fair bit of onderduiker's threads in the past, I think I'd probably have to do a lot of testing, some of which could probably be crowd sourced. I don't have a whole lot of spare time, but I can certainly give it a try.

Looks like my dream of a beta Infinity will be short lived.

Gemmed Halberd
'RalTirTalSol'
Two-Hand Damage: 21 to 45
Durability: 37 of 55
Required Dexterity: 47
Required Strength: 75
Required Level: 27
Polearm Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xddde88d8
+9 to Minimum Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+75 poison damage over 5 seconds
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Which I guess makes sense now that I think about it, cause by the time the ladder only runewords were released Im sure the beta would have already been over lol. Eternity would still be available, but Im not sure if it would outperform my current Shael'd Reapers Toll. Or I could build a Beastmancer, but Id be missing lots of his other equipment slots so Im not sure how well that would turn out. Or maybe a Hammerdin with HotO, Vipermagi, and 1 ring or ammy would be enough for 10 frames FCR. There are no magic immunes in Act IV, so I'd just need to get him (and his moron lol) strong enough to survive a /players 3 game in Hell.

IDK. Im just spit balling here. My sorc and her moron currently equipped as is are definitely capable of clearing the River of Flame, but every once in a while we will get some REALLY tough spawns on either Hephasto, or one of the uniques guarding him, and I just wanted to give myself some help.

• Sad
Quick probably dumb question: if I’m reading correctly, Life Tap works as a necromancer skill for mercenaries and minions, but if I cast life tap via proc or charges (Dracul’s, Exile, life tap wand), will my mercenary also leech via life tap? (Edit: as long as he’s in the radius of it)

Last edited:
Shame there is no TitanSeal weapon speed calculator for 2.4+
I was also looking for an updated attack speed calculator. I could only find wereform calculators but none that generally reflect the changes.

I am now in the process of creating a Google Sheet that will provide the same functionality of TitanSeal's weapon calculator for D2R changes. No promises on how soon it will be ready, but as soon as it's done I'll link it here for testing before creating a new thread about it.

Edit: in the meantime, I just found this calculator for D2R attack speeds. I'll still probably continue working on mine anyway.

Awesome! Reading in excel files is pretty easy with python, and the calculations should be easy. It's the matter of deciding what calculations to do in order to match the game that I'm not sure about.

I'd recommend the Amazon Basin for legacy D2 game calculations. I'm still not sure about the best source for D2R calculations. I'm using the attack speed calculation on the MaxRoll website. Once I have the google sheet done, I'm gonna test out the FPA it spits out to see if they are accurate.

I'm also learning Python (and soon Java) for my computer science degree, but I'm probably at least 6 months to a year away from being able to do anything complex enough for what I'd like. I'd love to make a Java program that provides a character planner (similar to Charsi) and includes stuff like relevant calculators (attack speed, skill/weapon damage, fcr, fbr, etc.). Not to mention designing a run calculator for D2R that can handle automatically advancing the run count correctly. Maybe those will show up in my D2 goals next year or the year after.

Last edited:
More questions. How would an obedience eth ogre axe do on p3 hell? Can it be an end game weapon?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High