Adria - Inventory Management System

Re: Adria - Inventory Management System

Now excuse me if I'm being an absolute FKtard, but I simply can't find the text instructions through any of the links in the first two posts of this thread.

Could you show me the way to go home?

The text instructions where discarded a while ago as they got out of date too fast to be worth writing. Even when I had them I still got questions that where already answered in them ... Making a video is prefered in this case since it's easier to make a new one and I think more people bother watching them then reading a manual. :whistling:

Anything specific question you wish to answered that isn't in one of the videos?

Naw I'll be fine. You really should edit the help file to reflect the lack of a "manual" and make the same input in your OP though, IMO.

Gave it a try now and I'm having some major issues.

First of all, I can't find any instructional video whatsoever on how to add items. Did you completely miss this or am I just being FKtarded again? Wouldn't you agree this is just about the first thing that should have instructions?

Do you have to add character and account names manually?

Adding runes and rares barely work at all. This annoying window keeps popping up asking for verification (input text or just press enter to input the "?"), which ****s **** up even more since the scanner will now reuse the same incorrect parameters over and over. Is there some setting I should adjust or is my method wrong?

Edit (apart from corrections):

The program also regularly freezes, not responding to commands (scan, start/stop engine) and malfunctioning. I have to restart both Adria and the game completely in order for it to work again.

By the way, do you have to use windowed mode for Adria to work? If I am using windowed mode but maximizing the window to full screen, does it still count as windowed?

Much obliged.

Last edited:

Not sure where to start, hmm ...

1) Add characters and accounts manually as "described" in *that* video. Pressing F1 will give you a list of commands you can use.
2) Use the scan options to start scanning and add all the symbols to both the text and image recognition libraries as needed.
3) Once a library is complete you can lock it to stop the program from asking you to identify missing symbols (multiscan video 2:30). It can be hard to see when the library is complete but it shouldn't take you many mules of random items before you've covered 95% of all symbols ... Check F1 (don't recall the command but probably F4) for the command to check the status of your symbol library (a list of how many symbols of each type are in the library)
4) The program uses OCR ... so deforming the image by changeing the window size will mess it up, unless I had made adria recognice that and resize it back, but would introduce some errors in the image reducing the chance to scan correctly. Use the standard sized window or fullscreen (glide graphics mode only).

Not sure I can help you wish the freezes, unless they stop happening once you've started to only use the standard window size. If that is not the cause then check if there's anything in the error log (adria.log in your datafolder (see adria.ini in installation folder)).

Thank you for the quick reply.

So there arent't really any basic instructions for that in any video either? I'm good here thought just asking. Thanks for the F1 tip! :)

The problem is even if I do put in the proper characters, it still doesn't read the actual item (set/unique/whatever) but rather just the text I put in, in white with no further data. I'm not exactly sure of how to properly input the characters either, since it sometimes asks for characters in the item requirements, or highlight a portion without text.

I recall last time I used the program (long ago), I never had to deal with this nuisance. I think I had to use windowed back then though. What's up – Pro's and con's? Is the "fixing" optional? :scratchhead:

Am I to interpret that as either standard windowed mode or standard fullscreen mode (never scaled windowed) with Adria settings accordingly?

Let's see here ...

1) The video is meant to give a rought idea of how to get you going on using the program, until we are 100% sure we're not going to change things around we'll probably not make anything more detailed (unless one of our users wishes to help).
2) The itemscan should be reading your item and marking each unidentified symbol it finds for you to manually identify. Once your library of symbols is complete there should only be a bit of "crap symbols" around the edges that still get detected, these should be left at the default of "?". Once you lock your symbol library (singlelock in this case) adria will stop asking for you to identify new symbols and just assume they are "crap symbols" or otherwise spaces it should ignore.
3) When you identify a symbol/letter you should just imput the symbol/letter and press enter when prompted to do so while scanning an items description. For symbol/images as in 1x1 items while you use multiscan you should input its ID, for runes it's their names (lowercase) and for gems it's their name and a number skull5 would be a perfect skull and skull1 would be a chipped skull. You can find the others and add your own in the OCRMultiScanIDs.txt file you have in your datafolder. (multiscan video shows this process)

For the singlescan/itemscan to correctly categorize scanned items you need to have the text colors somewhat correct (check the program options OCR/color tab). The RGB value listed there should be taken from the brightest pixel of a letter of the specific color and the slider att the bottom adds a plusminus intervall around the number to account for possible variations.

Not sure sure if anything of this solves it but nevertheless ... if you're alright with a remote help session using teamviewer we may be able to fix things if up if it doesn't.

New OCR system pro's:
Doesn't rely on you having same graphic settings as me (better overall adaptability)
Easier to correct symbol identification errors for the user (no hardcoded symbols)
Ability to add new symbols to support things I didn't think of (again not hardcoded)*
99.9% correct inside item description (gray i and j can be pixel value identical if background is working against you from what I've noticed)
99.9% correct on the sides of the item description = little to no crap text (I'd say previous was only close to 90-95%)
Fixed fullscreen scan problems so that should work now (glide mode only)

Con's:
You have to ID most symbols yourself when you're starting out, unless you get your buddy to hand you his symbol libs (they're in the datafolder) ...
Hard to tell when your text symbol lib is really complete ... (I'd just scan a few accounts and then assume it is, unlock it and add symbols whenever you notice something is missing)
Fulscreen symbols might be slightly different then windowed ... make sure adrias listed RGB colors are correct and keep the symbol lib unlocked when starting out ...

Yes, never scale the window when you wish to scan something, the image adria gets from the windows API we use needs to be the standard 800x600 or 640x480.

*: For example an annoyance previously was how a gray U could be split up into two parts because the way symbols are detected using vertical lines and thresholds. In the old version you could get "(J" from the hardcoded identifying routine. In this new version it is fine to think of half-U-first and half-U-last as seperate symbols in the symbol library and add a autocorrection that fixes the problem. Example: Identify the first part of the U and make the symbol identifying routine return "[U" then let the second part be returned as "U]" now all gray U's are returned as "[UU]", a rather unique string that you can add an autofix for that replaces it with just "U", without risking replacing any true "(J" with Us.

Thank you for your elaborate answer. Looking forward to using the program. Great job!

Nope, D2 only. Although I could most likely add D3 support if it is requested enough ... however I really don't expect being able to start playing d3 anytime soon myself and that would also be a requirement for me to be able to program the changes.

Nope, D2 only. Although I could most likely add D3 support if it is requested enough ... however I really don't expect being able to start playing d3 anytime soon myself and that would also be a requirement for me to be able to program the changes.

Cool cool. I was just curious, as it's not under the D3 section of the forums. Thought it may have been updated for D3.

No point splitting D2 and D3 downloads into two forums as there's not that many threads being posted here. But I guess I could rename the thread to indicate that it only concerns D2 ...

Thanks for this awesome program, Honestly it sounds like an accomplishment and your should be rewarded a noble peace prize.

But like Others I am having the same problem that almost goes unsolved...

I am sure I installed it correctly, But when I push f5 Nothing happens at all...

I have, An account name, a Character Highlighted, on 800x600 windowed mode. I compared my text to the sharpness test image and i am on par. I use glide...

I had it on 1040xxxx??? Resolution (cant really remeber what it is without looking at it lol) and it said it was not supported, So i messed around in glide...now no errors, just nothing happens at all. I followed the videos and spent all day trying to get it to work lol.

I have windows 7 64 bit...

Are there any settings in glide that may help? This mule account is getting rather messy. Thanks in advance...

1040xxxx??? Resolution
The image Adria gets from the screenshot API needs to return either 640x480 or 800x600, which means your diablo 2 window must truely occupy that many pixels on the screen according to your operating system. I could imagine two cases where this is not fullfilled, one is in fullscreen where your graphic card could be stretching your image even if D2 internally runs at 800x600. Such is the case when you use the "desktop resolution" option in svens glide wrapper. The other would be that the window was resized manually while playing in windowed mode, such as maximizing the window.

So i messed around in glide...now no errors,
1) Press F3 until it says both locks are unlocked.
2) F5 is multiscan so it is the 1x1 item by image scanning method, where you position your mouse on the vertical screen half you wish to scan the inventory/stash/cube for runes/gems/etc.
3) F1 shows a list of commands.
4) I'd reccomend trying F8 = item scan, which should scan an item description. Make sure your mouse doesn't obscure any part of the item description you wish to scan when using this option.

That is how it should be working, but without any errors to go on I'm not really sure whats wrong, check Adria.log in your datafolder (see adria.ini in your program folder).

Hey Kijya,

I've been reading all the posts and I can't find the resolution to my issue anywhere. I've download and installed both applications but as soon as I run Adria I hear a "ding" and then nothing happens, I've looked for an error log but there isn't one avaliable.

If you would be so kind as to help me resolve this it would be much appreciated. Drop me a PM with a way you'd be able to contact me, I use skype and irc regularly.

Thanks in advance
- YGM

PM sent

I'll have to make sure my stationary is up to the task of helping you but I'm sure we'll figure it out. (been using my laptop mostly lately -> using ubuntu on it)

*Oh, bump

Hi, this is a little unrelated to Diablo specifically, but I'm curious about the OCR you use in Adria. Did you guys code it yourselves, or did you get it somewhere else? I ask because I want to use OCR in a small program I'm making for Quake 3.

Thanks, and sorry if I'm a little out of line for asking about this.

Made it (and remade it) myself, so it's specialized towards D2 and not a "generalized code" as such.

I've tried to use some standard OCR programs on D2 screenshots, or text clippings thereof, and the results where less the satisfactory. That said the font used in D2 with its special style and slightly blurry outline makes it harder to handle then the quake font, so you could probably get far better results then I could using them. If you can find the font and input it into a generalized OCR routine you'll probably get rather good results.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High