A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait, nope. 3 patterns. One of them is Cuirass + quhab.. another iirc includes griffon headress (only got the cuirass one twice but I'm almost certain I knew there was 2 from the 1.07 thread)

Thanks! It was either Infinity or Enigma, and after weighing my choices I decided Infinity would make a bigger difference overall. It's big picture uses are obvious, and in the short term it will go quite nicely with my little Kingslayer project.
Awesome. It's kind of funny that you mention that. I was experimenting last night and built a theoretical max Enchantress Kingslayer using some ridiculous gear, like 1.10a CtA and BKWB, 40 max dam GCs, 1.07 Arkain, and then an ethereal ebugged Champion Axe (though not with the 1.07 ethereal max damage bug). She did like 11K-24K damage on the LCS. It was fun having Vengeance on left click and teleport on right. Things get hot you just teleport away. Although, I bet it would be awesome to have a Frozen Orb/melee combo. Oh man.

Awesome. It's kind of funny that you mention that. I was experimenting last night and built a theoretical max Enchantress Kingslayer using some ridiculous gear, like 1.10a CtA and BKWB, 40 max dam GCs, 1.07 Arkain, and then an ethereal ebugged Champion Axe (though not with the 1.07 ethereal max damage bug). She did like 11K-24K damage on the LCS. It was fun having Vengeance on left click and teleport on right. Things get hot you just teleport away. Although, I bet it would be awesome to have a Frozen Orb/melee combo. Oh man.
Sorc is at level 60 right now, so Kingslayer is right around the corner. It is in a bugged 1.07 base, but it will be slow since it's a sword. I don't have ridiculous gear, but I expect some pretty good damage! Expect a full write up soon. :)

Long time lurker, recently started up D2 again and been doing some pitruns to get a necro on the way to 99 .. Just found this beauty :) Any idea what to do with it?

426-516f655464b5b5d90fac52868cf72c5e.jpg

Only one thing to do with it. Make the ones missing it for the grail really mad.

Grats!

Sorc is at level 60 right now, so Kingslayer is right around the corner. It is in a bugged 1.07 base, but it will be slow since it's a sword. I don't have ridiculous gear, but I expect some pretty good damage! Expect a full write up soon. :)
I'll look forward to it. You got a screenie of that sword?

IMAGE BROKEN ON MY SIDE. HOW MAD SHOULD I BE?!?!

All the mads. Every single one of them. And then a few.

On topic: New char has had a decent knack for TC3s.

Code:
Felloak
Club
One-Hand Damage: 1 to 10
Durability: 12 of 24
Required Level: 3
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0x99e3de16
+80% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +60%
Adds 6-8 fire damage
Knockback
150% Damage to Undead

Pelta Lunata
Buckler
Defense: 39
Chance to Block:  40%
Smite Damage: 1 to 3
Durability: 11 of 22
Required Strength: 12
Required Level: 2
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x2598d725
+2 to Strength
+10 to Energy
+10 to Vitality
+37% Enhanced Defense
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+30 Defense
+10 Maximum Durability
40% Faster Block Rate

Cute boots - too bad its not triple res but 30frw/10fhr/dual res with high fire is always nice :)

Code:
Havoc Slippers
Chain Boots
Defense: 9
Durability: 8 of 16
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0x4791923e
Item Level: 84
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+15 to Attack Rating
Heal Stamina Plus 50%
Cold Resist +24%
Fire Resist +37%
+1 to Light Radius

I'll look forward to it. You got a screenie of that sword?
I do! Posted a little earlier in the thread. I had it in the stash with Oath made in it and wasn't planning on using it for anything else. I knew swords were slower for sorcs, but didn't realize quite how fast a Feral Axe would have been, but it should be a fun build regardless, and I may buckle and trade for an axe if the sword feels too slow.
381-5bba81e25838566b3506e1e91732fe6b.jpg

Last edited:
IMAGE BROKEN ON MY SIDE. HOW MAD SHOULD I BE?!?!

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M REALLY STEAMING RIGHT NOW! :rolleyes: (img broken for me as well)

And to not be completely OT: Did a few LK runs (30) and Runemaster payed off again. This time a gul. Not even close to what i was looking for, but it still makes for a more fun time than finding nothing at all.

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M REALLY STEAMING RIGHT NOW! :rolleyes: (img broken for me as well)

And to not be completely OT: Did a few LK runs (30) and Runemaster payed off again. This time a gul. Not even close to what i was looking for, but it still makes for a more fun time than finding nothing at all.
1.13 guls are bad :D

Wow. That's beautiful. I really don't think you need it to be that fast considering you'll be doing so much damage. But you can get from 18 frames to 15 with just 40 IAS. Have you thought about other skills than masteries and enchant. I'm thinking orb since it doesn't take synergies, but I'll just shut up and wait on bated breath to see how you do it.

Both Frost nova and FOrb get 1 sec added to duration per lvl, so I think either one could be useful to slow monsters as a melee sorc. One obviously adds some ranged support (so you don't have to run up to archers or tougher monsters to chill them), but also requires some prerequisites to use

*shrug* FNova is more classy, though ;)

Oh man. I should of thought of that. That's like my favorite skill, too. And it's like 5 less skill point requirements. Of course, you could always go for Shiver Armor, since you'll really need extra def without a shield. But a FOrb or FNova with a Holy Freeze merc should draw most guys down to a crawl.

Wow. That's beautiful. I really don't think you need it to be that fast considering you'll be doing so much damage. But you can get from 18 frames to 15 with just 40 IAS. Have you thought about other skills than masteries and enchant. I'm thinking orb since it doesn't take synergies, but I'll just shut up and wait on bated breath to see how you do it.
My current set up has me at 13 fps, so that may be workable.

Both Frost nova and FOrb get 1 sec added to duration per lvl, so I think either one could be useful to slow monsters as a melee sorc. One obviously adds some ranged support (so you don't have to run up to archers or tougher monsters to chill them), but also requires some prerequisites to use

*shrug* FNova is more classy, though ;)
Thanks for the ideas guys!

I haven't used Frost Nova before, which makes it look tempting, or pour the points into Shiver Armor.

It was Tyrael's Might. I saw it before it disappeared--was working a second ago!

Oh man. I should of thought of that. That's like my favorite skill, too. And it's like 5 less skill point requirements. Of course, you could always go for Shiver Armor, since you'll really need extra def without a shield. But a FOrb or FNova with a Holy Freeze merc should draw most guys down to a crawl.
y not both

Shiver armor iirc slows their attack during the animation, and defense is a must. It's a skill worth considering putting multiple points into, imo (but I'd rather use telekinesis and ES with leftover points or even teleport)

Holy freeze is cute. I'd probably prefer insight+prayer (life/ES regen) but if using infinity then def use holy freeze for safety :D

y not both

Shiver armor iirc slows their attack during the animation, and defense is a must. It's a skill worth considering putting multiple points into, imo (but I'd rather use telekinesis and ES with leftover points or even teleport)

Holy freeze is cute. I'd probably prefer insight+prayer (life/ES regen) but if using infinity then def use holy freeze for safety :D
Ha, yea I didn't think of ES. Although, you'd have to be niggardly with your skill points. Maxing Fire Master and Lightning Mastery are a must, as is Warmth most likely. I don't know that Enchant is optional considering fully spec'ed and synergized it adds about 7K average damage, whereas Vengeance itself tops out at 7.5K with that bad boy. A one-pointer in a fully synergized Enchant can barely get up to 1K average damage. So you're left with about 20 points left for Shiver Armor, Frozen Orb, Frost Nova, or ES/Telekenesis. All are unique but completely viable IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High