A Breath of Fresh Air ... A New Item Find Thread

I used my one-and-only Zod to make an ‘Obsession’ staff. I felt it was worth it simply because I have a strong preference for the aesthetics of a staff-wielding Sorceress. I honestly didn’t even use a good base for it, because that is something I didn’t want to get hung up on an obsess over 😂 I can see how on paper it’s not optimal, but I love it anyhow. I think ‘Obsession’ is a really nice addition to the game. I just wish it didn’t cost a Zod. Dual ‘Spirit’ is dirt cheap. ‘HotO’ and ‘Spirit’ is still relatively inexpensive. Requiring a Zod for ‘Obsession’ seems a tad unfair…

For most folks, I think ‘Breath of the Dying’ in a nice ethereal base is going to be the preferred way to spend a Zod. Can’t go wrong with that!

———

In other item finding news: On a whim last night I re-tooled one of my Barbs for max FRW to try running LK again. I don’t enjoy LK runs, so this will probably end up as a failed experiment. But in less than 30 minutes of messing around last night and today at lunch, I scored one Gul rune. So even if I give up on this project tomorrow, it still won’t have been a waste! I am going to try doing ~10-15 runs a day. It will add up over time, slow and steady. Eventually I’ll get a lucky drop.

Yeah that's still a really cool runeword and has some advantages over the other setup, plus I know different players have different preferences for how they make runewords, sometimes something just speaks to you!

Reactions: little birdy
Well since I've made a few text posts I figure I should share some more item finds lol. I wanted to share some of the coolest finds I've had in the last year since I picked up D2R again, mostly things I've found for the first time since I never got that much wealth when I played back in the day. I've been fortunate enough to make some key runewords like Enigma, Hoto and the like, but I'm reserving this post for only the best stuff with the best rolls... mostly. :p

My first and only Annihilus and it's.... WHAT 🤯
Screenshot (53).png
It's so good I don't even wanna use one of two other SoJs for another that will likely be worse, so I just share this one around :p

Made this baby recently, that -lite rez tho 🥲
Screenshot (54).png

Speaking of insane rolls, my first and only Grief is jaw dropping:
Screenshot (59).png

Literally one off perfect IN EVERY ROLL WHAT. I would say I would trade the 1 IAS for damage for characters other than a zealot, but really you can't complain about something like this. I wonder what online value would be 😏

Not a GG find but I used up a lot of luck with that Grief so my only CTA couldn't be great lol
Screenshot (63).png

I've never been a huge assassin fan but enjoyed playing a trapsin with enigma and Infinity, and a few nice finds to go with them ☺️
Screenshot (65).pngScreenshot (64).pngScreenshot (68).png1706055947901.png
Teleport charges are lol with enigma but still neat :p

Found a couple of nice rare booties 😘
Screenshot (66).pngScreenshot (57).png

Maybe my best/favourite charm finds:
Screenshot (55).pngScreenshot (56).png
I found this one just this week, never gotten both on a charm and it's a fantastic roll!

Always wanted to have an Exile and could've waited for a better base, but I hate waiting forever in SP so used the best base I had, turned out nice!
Screenshot (61).png

For my final trick, this is simply a cautionary tale.
Screenshot (69).png
Back when I was making my first awesome runewords I saved superior bases and made this fortitude, only to find out that the repair price vs the marginal defense gain was NOT WORTH IT. Yes you can use runes to repair but it's just annoying to deal with, so I learned never to do that again for things needing repair, instead finding the highest base defense I can.

Anywho hope that was an enjoyable read, it's been a really fun year accumulating all of this in single player, especially accomplishing lots of things I've had on my D2 bucket list for a long time! But there are still plenty of cool items and builds I'd like to try out. Here's to more luck and posting more on this neat forum! 😃

Attachments

• Screenshot (59).png
    Screenshot (59).png
    598.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot (67).png
    Screenshot (67).png
    197.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Anyone know if this Bow is good? It seems good, but I really don't know. It's much more damage than the two bows I was using.

Screenshot086.png

Anyone know if this Bow is good? It seems good, but I really don't know. It's much more damage than the two bows I was using.

View attachment 89240
Bow looks like a good contender to finish the game with. Fill sockets with whatever you need most, probably shaels, but a nef could be good too.

Ps. What’s happening on your minimap? edit: oh, it is possible to turn off the names from npc's in minimap, didn't know. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jrt055
Not normally a find that I'd post. It isn't the item so much as when I found it. Act 5 NORMAL, either Crystalline Passage or Frozen River.

View attachment 89268
It can drop from bosses in the false tombs, act 2 normal.

An hour of play gave me these tonight:
Screenshot050.png
Screenshot051.png
Screenshot052.png
No idea what to use either of them for, but I thought they made neat screenshots.

So I thought terrorized mephisto was the best boss to run until I saw somebody running andy in this thread. When I looked it up I found that terrorized andy was probably the best now due to the quest bug stacking with the new "desecrated" drop tables, especially at level 91+. And after running it for a week, yeah it's insane. I guess it's balanced somewhat by the fact that I can only run it a few times a week due to the schedule. Not sure this forum allows changing your computer clock to run terror zones more, as I couldn't find that in the rules, but I would find that especially cheesy with how strong this is.

I got a lot of stuff, but for my best andy drop, does the rng ever do weird things that make you laugh and question it? Check out my first one of these suckers:

Screenshot (101).png

Yes that's right PERFECT 30% cold damage!! But look closer, both other res rolls are absolute minimum, it's like the item took all the energy from the res rolls and pumped it straight into cold :LOL: And of course I can't complain AT ALL with that, I will absolutely take that trade every day lol. Also have a perfect -5/5 cold die facet that could go in there, though im wondering about saving that for a nightwings since that'll be useful on more than one character.

Then another amazing grailer/unlocker of some major builds, I thought this was also from andy until I saw the screenshot again...

Screenshot (104).png

It's like mephisto felt jealous of andy this week and decided to reward me! 😇 I never thought I'd see this. It turned out pretty good too:

griffons eye.png

Popped my best facet in there, a -4/5, and using it on my javazon. Definitely gonna make a lightning sorc too now! I'll leave you with the best couple amulets I crafted lately, as I finally made some usable ones. Have a great week everybody!

Screenshot (115).pngScreenshot (116).png

Griffon's was the final grail item for me. Among the TC87 uniques, it's just of a mediocre rarity, but I guess I was still within the standard deviation regarding this. The class-specific TC87 ones are 3 times as rare and Tyrael's is in a class of its own, but Griffon's still was my last one. Thank god I've found it before we had terror zones in single player, as it kind of feels like cheating (I'm doing nothing but terror zones these days, except whan leveling a new character), but since we had terror zones, I've found about five Griffon's... and another two Mang Song's. Which are pretty good for prebuffing BTW.

I've found pretty much every unique item I need, except for my endless need for facets, so I'm mainly going after runes these days. I have 3 Sur runes on my stashes, so I'm one Sur (or Ber) away from making my first Infinity on single player, including pre-D2R. If I had not invested another Sur into Bramble for my poison necro, I would have it now.

Edit: Regarding my awesome 15/40 jewel, I have no idea where to put it into. I guess I need another two or three in order to make the best use of it, so I hope I will find them (and a worthy base) before I die from old age, else it may end up as a mere database entry.

Last edited:
I'd die of old age before figuring out what to do with such a jewel as well. Especially after eth tomb reaver was taken off the table.

Sounds like some lousy rune luck there old friend, unless you've been spending more runes than me. Granted, I've only made Enigma and Infinity with the highest runes, and double Grief, a few CtAs and HotOs with the lower high runes.

I'd die of old age before figuring out what to do with such a jewel as well. Especially after eth tomb reaver was taken off the table.

Sounds like some lousy rune luck there old friend, unless you've been spending more runes than me. Granted, I've only made Enigma and Infinity with the highest runes, and double Grief, a few CtAs and HotOs with the lower high runes.

It seems you found about the same amount of HRs as me. As said, I'm mainly after runes these days (although facets are always in need, of course), so my nova/energy shield sorc with not that much MF (just 37% from Gheed's) is currently doing the bulk of MF, her killing speed is insane. Teleport in, zap zap zap, dead. Static field is needed for the toughest opponents only. Just the right character for somebody with slow reflexes and a tendency to panic and confuse the keys in unexpected situations.

I haven't made many CtAs, only my nova/energy shield sorc has one. I think it's not that much needed in single player.

Reactions: Swamigoon
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High