A Breath of Fresh Air ... A New Item Find Thread

Just finished TZ Meph and Baal. I've got a pretty bad map for Meph so I don't get all that many runs in an hour 10-12 and he was as stingy as usual with his drops. Far prefer Andy.

However, while he was his stingy self I always pop the two chests before entering Wyand's room and tonight this dropped.

1687998550047.png
ARGH also reached level 98.5.

Well that was completed quicker than expected - Less than half the runs it took me last time, even allowing for what I now know about when the game saves.

Savine Sur 16_05_2023 11_46_42.jpg

Savine Sur4 31_05_2023 19_05_56.jpg

Savine Lo 28_06_2023 20_54_30.jpg

Savine RJoF 27_06_2023 21_54_54.jpg

Savine Ber 2 29_06_2023 19_54_12.jpg

7440 runs total for the runes for Infinity, Enigma, CtA and Fortitude.

I would like to say I am done with LK now, but I am not. I don't have an Infinity base yet, so I am going to try and find a rack.

45 minutes of TZ Andy would make for a pretty nice "Free in town" game:

Screenshot106.png

The SC is a 4/13 I believe, and the GC is 48/32 which is sort of decent but not top. Most the rolls were low, except Kelpie which was eth and WT which rolled 49%. Oh, and 5/5 cold die facet rolled red colour. So it is probably out of style.

My recent hour of terrorized Andariel gave me a 5% BK ring, a 1 socket CoA and... a Sur rune! As I had a Jah and another Sur on Gomule, you probably know what I did right after I found that rune. It's my first one on D2R and it went to my Mosaic kicksin. Now the times of misery for her are over, not having to worry anymore that the timer for finishing moves is running out due to a lack of monsters nearby.

I have an eth Kelpie Snare as well, but I don't know which merc is going to get it. It's slowing down bosses well, but it's not so good versus crowds. It might be good on a merc of a summon necro, but I'm not in the mood of starting one.

A couple pretty drops:

Screenshot081.pngScreenshot080.pngScreenshot078.pngScreenshot077.png

First ever Grandfather and Cranium Basher, so pretty happy with that. Snagged a couple other grailers but they're less photogenic. Didn't even know there was a unique troll nest.

And one very sad one:
Screenshot083.png

This one hurt more than the Ormus' that rolled Inferno.

Only a few posts after I found the runes this seems like it was really easy to find the base, but racking D2R is a real pain. I rolled about 11 Ethereal Threshers before I got 4os.

Savine Infinity Ingredients 02_07_2023 20_40_52.jpg

Savine Infinity 02_07_2023 20_45_54.jpg

Savine Fortitude 02_07_2023 20_46_35.jpg

Code:
Fortitude
Dusk Shroud
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 2067
Durability: 11 of 11
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 67
Fingerprint: 0x2f44e184
Item Level: 74
Version: Resurrected
20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+141 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
All Resistances +28
Damage Reduced by 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 to Light Radius
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: El Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune

Infinity
Thresher
BerMalBerIst
Two Hand Damage: 73 - 860
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 142
Required Dexterity: 108
Fingerprint: 0xad75159c
Item Level: 79
50% Chance to cast level 20 Chain Lightning when you Kill an Enemy
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Run/Walk
308% Enhanced Damage
-46% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
+47 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 21 Cyclone Armor Level 30 %s (30/30 Charges)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune

I started running Nihilathak for Keys last night, but lost seven of them and some gems and bases as the shared stash did not save. Seems to be related to this bug:

The odd thing is the items were there when I changed game, persumably because the stash was stored in memory, but the disk write didn't happen. So check your save time on the shared stash file before you exit the game completely.

Fortunately this was in the personal stash:
Savine Ber Nihilathak 03_07_2023 19_43_30.jpg

A bit later in the Catacombs:
Savine DWeb 03_07_2023 21_29_37.jpg
Code:
Death's Web
Unearthed Wand
One Hand Damage: 22 - 28
Durability: 14 of 18
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0xe7b2218e
Item Level: 99
+2 to All Skills
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
-42% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+12 to Mana after each Kill
+10 Life after each Kill

And some crafting from my LK gems:
Savine MA gloves 03_07_2023 09_07_10.jpg

So the nice drops made up for my disappointment with losing the items, but I will be careful in future.

My recent hour of terrorized Andariel gave me a 5% BK ring, a 1 socket CoA and... a Sur rune! As I had a Jah and another Sur on Gomule, you probably know what I did right after I found that rune. It's my first one on D2R and it went to my Mosaic kicksin. Now the times of misery for her are over, not having to worry anymore that the timer for finishing moves is running out due to a lack of monsters nearby.
That investment started to pay off. When doing cows with her today, she found a SoJ (y) . I was expecting runes, as her only MF gear comes from what I did above and from Gheed's IIRC. It's my second SoJ BTW, so I'm playing with the thought of turning it into an Annihilus.

That investment started to pay off. When doing cows with her today, she found a SoJ (y) . I was expecting runes, as her only MF gear comes from what I did above and from Gheed's IIRC. It's my second SoJ BTW, so I'm playing with the thought of turning it into an Annihilus.
excited-so.gif

Reactions: maxicek
OK, I did it.

I spawned him at Eldritch's place. Fire Eye is probably easier, but my zealot (aka 1 point smiter) doesn't have the waypoint and the dclone isn't that tough. The challenge were a bunch of fire bow skeletons near his place who nearly killed my zealot, so I have to admit to my shame that I needed two healing potions (no rejuvs!!11!) to win the fight. On the other hand, Dracul's didn't proc lifetap and I forgot to put his lifetap wand into the second weapon slot, so it went really well.

1688759016121.png
Could have been better.

Edit: At /p1 (I'm usually doing everything at /p3). That's not cowardice, it's setting things to a fair 1 on 1 :whistle:

@Swamigoon Now I TOTALLY have to post this find, hahaha!

43w4.JPEG

It is not even useful for me but a very interesting find none the less. I vaguely remember finding a Lo many years and installations ago but this is the only one in remotely modern times.

And, well, always funny when balrogs drop their namesake gear. After (after, mind you) writing that sentence I realise it rhymed with spear, too.

43w1.JPEG

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High