A Breath of Fresh Air ... A New Item Find Thread

It looks awesome, but what to do with this since we have Mosaic? If upgraded to scissors suwayyah, it would deal 154-192 physical damage plus 1 per two levels. I guess it will end up in a stash and be forgotten.
On the other hand, thats some sweet life-leech on that claw, and the str/dex required to carry a scissors suwayyah would already more than double that physical damage. Worst case, I think it's still a worthy off-hand claw that would complement any of the unique claws.

Reactions: Zyr
A full hour of TZ Andy gave me nothing, and 58 minutes of Mephisto gave a single Griffon's and really nothing else. Then, on the very last run, as time expired, he decided to give up the goods to reward my perseverance:

Screenshot030.png
First Tomb Reaver!

Terror Zones are fascinating. Just another Griffons, but a first Tomby. Still wrapping my head around D2R :)

Reactions: snickersnack
A full hour of TZ Andy gave me nothing, and 58 minutes of Mephisto gave a single Griffon's and really nothing else. Then, on the very last run, as time expired, he decided to give up the goods to reward my perseverance:

First Tomb Reaver!
And another two elite uniques. That elder staff (Ondal's) can be useful for prebuffing if it has +4 to all skills, with insignificant str/dex requirements. BTW, one Griffon's worth of stuff per two hours is an excellent item find ratio.

Two or three weeks ago or so, terrorized Mephisto gave me Death's Fathom, the second I've ever found IIRC (the other one on bnet over 10 years ago). My cold sorceress herself found it in the Tunnels, that was fitting! 5 minutes later, I dug up an unused Larzuk quest, added a cold facet and bye bye, Oculus!

Some more finds:
horizonsTornado01.jpg
Horizon's Tornado
Scourge
One Hand Damage: 13 - 398
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 92
Required Dexterity: 54
Fingerprint: 0x92e85061
Item Level: 83
Version: Resurrected
20% Chance to cast level 15 Tornado on striking
+50% Increased Attack Speed
232% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Slows Target by 20%
Requirements --20%
Ethereal

ormus02.jpg
Ormus' Robes
Dusk Shroud
Defense: 442
Durability: 13 of 20
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0x6a3b6c2b
Item Level: 93
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+11% to Cold Skill Damage
+11% to Lightning Skill Damage
+12% to Fire Skill Damage
+3 to Teleport (Sorceress Only)
+12 Defense
Regenerate Mana 11%

ariocs02.jpg

gladiatorsBane03.jpg

horizonsTornado02.jpg
Horizon's Tornado
Scourge
One Hand Damage: 10 - 280
Durability: 50 of 65
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 100
Required Dexterity: 62
Fingerprint: 0x6cd65d8
Item Level: 88
20% Chance to cast level 15 Tornado on striking
+50% Increased Attack Speed
250% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Slows Target by 20%
Requirements --20%

firelizardsTalons01.jpg

shadowKiller02.jpg

shimmeringGC01.jpg

The next two rune drops aren't that special, but it's nice to find these mid runes in NM.
umNM01.jpg

pulNM01.jpg

gimmershred02.jpg

sazabisCobaltRedeemer03.jpg

knellStriker01.jpg

Most of those aren't that interesting, and some have been waiting to be posted for a bit.

Attachments

• ormus02.jpg
    ormus02.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 15
Nothing special during the last days, except for a few noticable socketables: Two ethereal sacred armors with over 880 defense, a ethereal berserker axe and an ethereal 6 socket colossus blade. Too bad that I lack the runes to make something good out of them. Regarding my Mosaic project, it's the other way around. Plenty of runes for the runeword, but no good bases. Thank god I noticed that one of my +2 or +3 chargeup skill claws has a 2 socket maximum before wasting Larzuk quests or socketing recipes on them.

Nothing special during the last days, except for a few noticable socketables: Two ethereal sacred armors with over 880 defense, a ethereal berserker axe and an ethereal 6 socket colossus blade. Too bad that I lack the runes to make something good out of them. Regarding my Mosaic project, it's the other way around. Plenty of runes for the runeword, but no good bases. Thank god I noticed that one of my +2 or +3 chargeup skill claws has a 2 socket maximum before wasting Larzuk quests or socketing recipes on them.
I'm quite the hoarder (especially of elite base items), so I was very happy to find that I already had two good (but not amazing) bases when that patch came out. The staff mods are such a pain to farm for. I'd say that you should just go ahead and make two of them even if you don't have great bases. I'd think it'd be faster to farm up another Gul rune when you do find a good base.

Edit: also, some finds:

boneshade02.jpg

vex03.jpg

fineSMvita01.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I think I will do that once my assassin meets the requirements for Mosaic. Currently she's still kicking ass in nightmare with wake of fire and decent +skills gear. That will change when fire immunes come up more often. I have enough good sunder charms though, it's so easy to farm them that I'm dropping everything that's more than 2% away from perfect.

Some finds:
artisansOfTheWhale01.jpg

mavinasBody3.jpg

mosaicBase01.jpg

warshrike02.jpg

facet06.jpg
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x83ab0c4b
Item Level: 93
100% Chance to cast level 31 Meteor when you Die
Adds 17 - 45 Fire Damage
-4% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+4% to Fire Skill Damage

ariocs03.jpg

shako05.jpg

P.S. @krischan, don't blame me, blame RNG. :p

Last edited:
Some finds:
shako05.jpg

wispProjector01.jpg
Wisp Projector
Ring
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x52fd02ea
Item Level: 94
10% Chance to cast level 16 Lightning on striking
+16 Lightning Absorb
11% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 7 Spirit of Barbs (6/11 Charges)
Level 5 Heart of Wolverine (4/13 Charges)
Level 2 Oak Sage (14/15 Charges)

stringOfEars01.jpg
String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 112
Durability: 11 of 22
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0x9db0d533
Item Level: 99
7% Life stolen per hit
+179% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
+10 Maximum Durability
I almost left that belt on the ground. :)

facet07.jpg
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x7c4a168e
Item Level: 94
100% Chance to cast level 41 Nova when you Level-Up
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-3% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage

dragonscale01.jpg

stoneCrusher03.jpg
Stone Crusher
Legendary Mallet
One Hand Damage: 200 - 244
Durability: 57 of 65
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 189
Fingerprint: 0x405549f3
300% Enhanced Damage
Damage +26
-25% Target Defense
+150% Damage to Undead
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
--100 to Monster Defense Per Hit
+21 to Strength

reapersToll04.jpg
The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 60 - 713
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 107
Required Dexterity: 81
Fingerprint: 0x90e11e80
33% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
238% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4 - 44 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (13 Frames)
12% Life stolen per hit
33% Deadly Strike
Requirements --25%
Ethereal :love: That's my first eth reaper's.

bkwb02.jpg
Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x6dcedc14
+1 to All Skills
5% Life stolen per hit
+4 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+50 Maximum Stamina

grisCorona02.jpg

baranar02.jpg

bkTribalGuardian2.jpg

talChest01.jpg
That completes the set for me in D2R.

While questing my leap-attacker toward Duriel:
OsrJah.png

At long last, I now have the runes to make my very first Enigma runeword, without a reason to convince myself not to do so. It's time for another happy dance! 💃 🕺

(Actually, I take that back. I only have this new rune and a Ber. I'll need to cube three Eth runes.) 😛

I wonder: what base should I use? I really want to put Enigma in an elite light armor, rather than normal/exceptional. Looking at specimens already stashed, this seems to be my favorite candidate stats-wise, even though it won't appear terribly stylish when worn:

Code:
Superior Dusk Shroud
Defense: 514
Durability: 18 of 20
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0x3272f4b8
Item Level: 69
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+10% Enhanced Defense 3 Sockets (0 used)

Congrats! My two cents, defense in base doesn’t really matter, given fixed +defense mod, so avoiding Superior based and extra repair costs makes sense to me. And Elite also don’t make huge difference compared to a Mage Plate, which would be my vote if not Light Plate. But any enigma is great, so looking forward to seeing results.

Reactions: maxicek
Seconding PhineasB. To continue: if not going to go for base strength characters with bases Light plate / Breast Plate isn’t looks everything? :) If you prefer a specific look I would not care if the base is heavy. As Enigma has fr/w to offset the speed penalty of heavy bases.

Do note: I don’t have an Enigma.

@Swamigoon Congratulations :)

Light Plate or Breast Plate for me in 1.14d. If your charater will carry a Monarch you will need to invest enough strength for a Mage Plate, but it it won't (particularly Paladins) the extra strength is wasted.

In D2R Mage Plate all the way for me, as you can get the strength easily with Anni & Torch.

D4 would put it in a stash for you! lol nice finds.
wat? Do you mean that uniques are auto-collected?

I didn't almost miss, it just have so many and I wasn't going to bother even IDing it, but I did and found that the main stats rolled perfect. :) It's best one I have now.

Reactions: Swamigoon and coju
P.S. @krischan, don't blame me, blame RNG. :p
Assuming that it's about your claw base, I found a +3 phoenix strike / +2 weapon block wrist sword and a +2 phoenix strike suwayyah in the meantime. So I started my phoenix kicksin.

I'm not sure if that artisan's armor of the whale is worth keeping. Griswold's armor has 3 sockets, +20 strength, a much better better defense and a rather low strength requirement.

Assuming that it's about your claw base, I found a +3 phoenix strike / +2 weapon block wrist sword and a +2 phoenix strike suwayyah in the meantime. So I started my phoenix kicksin.

I'm not sure if that artisan's armor of the whale is worth keeping. Griswold's armor has 3 sockets, +20 strength, a much better better defense and a rather low strength requirement.
Yup, it was the claw, and +3PS/+3WB is quite good, imo. Congrats!

Yeah, the armor was more for the novelty. 4 sockets would have been nicer, ofc.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High