[2019] [Tournament] Ability Scrolls Sept [by Chaostar]

I haven't given up on it yet but haven't the time to really keep up with it now either. Have an almost 3 year old, a 4 month old, and a 2 month old(complicated ;) ) so gaming time is rather sparse.

I haven't given up on it yet but haven't the time to really keep up with it now either. Have an almost 3 year old, a 4 month old, and a 2 month old(complicated ;) ) so gaming time is rather sparse.
That really sounds...interesting 😅 All the best to all of you no matter the circumstances!

I will use this opportunity for an update.

Gomez and Pugsley have managed to defeat Andariel on NM. I really don't remember anthing about Gomez (it's been 6 months or so) other than that it was a breeze as usual (Skellimancer at p1??? ☠💪).

Pugsley's walkthrough was exactly that: A walkthrough. With level 20 Dire Wolves and now 15 in Grizzly, plus a Desert merc, I could easily walk through Act I while enjoying the scenery. Lots of S/U drops, too. The best being this:
Screenshot004.jpg

I had to wait a few levels though to raise Dex to 62. Man, I really notice the lack of XP and the low level in NM as compared to p8 single pass! My stats are so low, it is hard to even equip some of the stuff I find while mainitaining at least a mediocre health pool!

The Bow is definitely end-game worthy though, esp. since it is good in Wereform, too, if i ever decide to use one. No need for use of lv 1 shockwave yet...

I only had to be careful around CE monsters, because my resists and life pool aren't too good.
Screenshot024.jpg
Things got better once I found my first Shael and instantly made a Rhyme Bone Shield. CBF FTW!

Some intersting finds
Screenshot011.jpg

Screenshot013.jpg

And an interesting assortment of stats...
Screenshot019.jpg

Look at this picture and guess how many wolves died.
Screenshot015.jpg
Well? The answer is: none. Yes, Summoner in NM at p1 is sturdy. I hear it is something different once you're in hell, but first I have to make it that far!

Even Andy was killed quickly and my merc astoundingly sturdy, I only had to recast the wolves like 20 times or so and then that was it:
Screenshot031.jpg

My ability scroll rolls were:

Gomez, the Necromancer, level 44: 95 Can craft Caster items
Pugsley, the Druid, level 44: 31 You can equip any charm with fire resistance

Hmm, will see if I really need those, because crafted items go in the same slot as runewords and those are usually better...

Now there are still 5 family members left, I will probably continue with Fester, the Paladin. Auras make life so much easier...

#3, Fester, the HF Paladin defeated Andariel.

I actually decided to leave it at 20 HF and 5 Resist Cold, because currentyl I am only allowed to spend eight tiers à 5 levels at skills. So if I max Resist Cold now, no getting Holy Shock over level 1 for a secondary attack...HF does decent damage enough at /p1 to play at least through Act II and III in NM without spending any other points in synergies. Also, I might consider rather upping Salvation as a synergy because I might be limited to the amount of points that may go into different skills and that way I can pump both HF and HS.

Decided to socket my +3HF +2Zeal War Scepter and make Strength in it, which overall makes a nice weapon and isn't too expensive to repair. I have a bow with +296 AR on switch, combined with my BA merc (with whom I will stick...else I have only around 50% CtH) this is actually enough to hit things from a safe distance.

I had a very funny thing which happend for the first time to me: The door to the barracks spawned in the SE corner and suddenly the map was overlapping the Tamoe Highland...I wonder what would have happened if I teleported, but I couldn't try (and probably wouldn't have dared - file corruption would have been gross...)
Screenshot007.jpg
Screenshot008.jpg

Nothing else really going on, so only Andy's drop as a last pic:
Screenshot015.jpg

Ability scroll roll was:

Fester, the Paladin, level 44: 112 You can equip 1 item with "life leech" affixe

Unspent WTs: 20

See you around!

Does anyone know, how the scroll #132 works?
132 You can buy 2 new ability scroll in town at the cost of 1 THUL Rune (sold to merchant, you cannot buy it back) special Effect 1
1. Is it a one time effect or can I constantly use this?
2. Am I allowed to sell more than one Thul rune?

Here is what I think:
It is probably a one shot scroll ("Effect", not "Ability") and I can sell as many Thul runes as I want. After that, the scroll is "gone", "used up" and I may not use it anymore later.

Reasoning:
#40 allows you to pick either 2 scrolls or 5 WT for the cost of 1 WT as a one time effect. 132 would be way worse if it only allowed to sell one Thul rune.
Similiar effects like this one
153 You can get 4 Wisdom Token in town at the cost of 1 SHAEL Rune (sold to merchant, you cannot buy it back) special Effect 2
would be quite bad otherwise (basically: get 2 WT, but discard a Shael rune).

But I don't really know, so I will probably use it once for now and buy 2 new scrolls for one Thul and if @Chaostar will rule it differently, I will afterwards probably buy some more scrolls. (I will write down the number of Thul runes I have now when I use the scroll #132, so that the ones I get from now on don't count if I was allowed to use more than one Thul rune). If @Chaostar isn't around anymore (last seen Juliy 25!!?!?!), maybe other participants can share their interpretation?

EDIT:
My current Thul rune count

Fester
4​
Gomez
0​
Grandmama
3​
Lurch
2​
Morticia
1​
Pugsley
0​
Wednesday
2​

EDIT 2: Thinking about it, maybe it is only once trading one Thul for 2 scrolls...because if I cubed up all my runes below Thul...then I would have a total of 24 Thuls which is equivalent to 48 scrolls which is more than half of the scrolls remaining...:unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pb_pal
In my opinion you are right on the final interpretation: a one shot buy 2 scrolls for one Thul, period.

As stated, it would be OP at some point otherwise, I bet @Chaostar didn't want to put this kind of easter eggs in his ruling.

This journey must be a lot of fun, sadly I don't have enough lives to give me enough time..!

Reactions: Grisu
#casts Thread Necromancy

And here were are - back at the Ability Scroll Sept Tournament! I honestly didn't even remember that I finished Act I NM with all 7 characters and had already started Act II NM with Gomez...so just a quick update on my scroll draws:

Act I NM:
4. Grandmama: #97 Can craft any amulet recipe
5. Morticia: #121 You can equip any charm with lightning resistance
6. Wednesday: #132 You can buy 2 new ability scroll in town at the cost of 1 THUL Rune (sold to merchant, you cannot buy it back)
7. Lurch: #20 You can equip any item named after one of your character

Regarcding Scroll #132, see my post above. So I spent one Thul and gained two extra scrolls:

#129 Skill improvement : Pick 1 skill (per character) you already have 1 pt invested : improve your knowledge of that skill by 1 tier (Apprentice : invest up to 5 skill points, Efficient up to 10, Skilled up to 15, Master up to 20)
#92 You know all runeword recipe involving runes up to SHAEL

I learned scrolls #121, #129, (#132).

#92 is useless, because I already have the scroll that allows me all runewords
#97 might be useful for Hell
#20 will be great for later with the personalize quest, because it opens up one to three joker slots for each character :)

#132 now allows me to get 9 tiers of skills, which is great (one tier is 5 levels of skill).

Total Wisdom Tokens: 126+18 (bought from scroll #99)
Total Spent: 119
WT left: 25

Scrolls drawn: 69 (82 including Mulligan from scroll #149)

A good thing I kept track of everything with 10+ excel sheets or I wouldn't know what I planned for which character :)

I proceeded with Gomez to the Dry Hills and cleared the Halls of the Dead. Gomez still is a powerhouse at p1 with almost maxed out skellies (level 26 RS, lv 20 SM) and a Might merc. I will keep you updated in the future.

Oh, before I forget: I forwarded everything to D2R because I couldn't stand the 800x600 on my 2560x1600 Laptop display from D2L anymore :p

I hope, that is ok, @Chaostar, even if there are lots of gameplay changes from Patch 2.4.

Reactions: Chaostar and Vang
Does anyone know, how the scroll #132 works?

1. Is it a one time effect or can I constantly use this?
2. Am I allowed to sell more than one Thul rune?
:unsure:

132​
You can buy 2 new ability scroll in town at the cost of 1 THUL Rune (sold to merchant, you cannot buy it back)

Hi there !

Once again, lack of precision in the rules here !

It was intended to be used only once. This scroll + 1 THUL to sell + 1 Wisdom Point gives 2 new scrolls.
Not a great reward, but it helps to pick in the scroll pool, and get a chance to find an helpful scroll if needed.

It's obvioulsy ok to play in D2R !

I barely remember where i stood the last time I played this tournament (I forgot the 2 resets from scratch I had to do after deeds :p)
I didn't get back my old saves from my previous computer, so I think it's a good idea to start new D2R characters with this tournament, I had a lot to do to catch up with Grisu :p

Also, I reread quickly this entire topic, and I can add some Q&A after the rules to clarify some points that were not that obvious :

Q&A

Q - with "in-game modification" you mean you can get these things through scrolls? Like a scroll with "you may play at any player setting" or "family members may share their stash"?
A - Absolutely

Q - replaying acts clarifications
A - To be able te replay an act, you must have activated the Ability to do this (scroll 136 for eg.). Once done, you can replay an act with any of your familiy member if every living member just finished that act, and did not start the next one. You can replay as many time as you can afford the rerun price, with any character.

Q - About act 1 rogue mercenary
A - You can talk to NPC, and the rogue comes when you talk to Kashya after killing Blood Raven. So it's not like hiring a mercenary, but only a quest reward. So it's OK to have the rogue by your side, but giving her equipment or resurecting her is not allowed if you didn't activate the Ability Scrolls allowing you to do that.

Q - What about white items with spell on it (scepters, wands, staves, orbs…) ?
A - You can use the spell on such an item from the beginning. This need to be explicitly written in the rules :
- can equip and use any normal (white), socketed or ethereal item. As long as item doesn't need to be identified to be used. If some spell comes with some of these items, you can use it without restriction (like the starting sorceress staff including firebolt)

A - You don't know how to use spells granted by an item. You can by activating for eg. Spell 71 : You can use any skill granted by an item (wand, amulet, ...)

Q - Equipment restriction applies to main eq. and switch eq. ?
A - Restriction applies to active equipment you wear. Let's imagine you have the ability to wear 1 unique weapon : you can wear 1 unique weapon, and another one on the switch weapon slot, so you never use more than 1 unique weapon at the same time. Switch equipment has to be considered as a part of your inventory.

Last edited:
So gentlemen, I'm re-entering this tournament with fresh new D2R characters from my brand new computer (happy birthday me :D) ! :geek:

Mayhem - Barbarian

Once again, I decided to start with an almost naked and unskilled Barbarian, also name Mayhem
I really like this version's graphics, thanks Blizzard for that, even if I was fine with the classic version of Diablo II. Tis one is gorgeous !

I ran into fight, and quickly found white javelins, then strangling gas potions. There are so efficient, that they became soon my main weapon, using a one hand axe, then javelins for the final blows.
The countess was an easy target with this poison, she gave 3 runes and my first 3 Wisdom Token.

I soon decided to use 2 tokens to unlock the ability to invest points in ENERGY and VITALITY, and boosted my HP from 73 to 253

I didnt clean every inch of the area, especially in andariel's dongeon depths, where foes where harder to put down, even with poison.
The fight with Andariel was the most difficult, she didn't suffer a lot from poison, and il had to go back often to refill my poison throwing potions.
But in the end, poison + javelins made it.

I ended up the act lvl 12, which is not that great. Maybe I should try to gain more experience with Mayhem's siblings for the challenging act II.
Anyway, slaying Andariel granted me a new Ability Scroll, and it is :

142 You can equip any unique amulet

Satyricon- Paladin

Satyricon the Paladin brother stands in line !
The beginning of the act was really easy, knowing how to improve Vitality is nice, and some nice gear was easily found, including stragling gas potions.

The countess was quickly put to death, rewarding with some runes and 3 Wisdom Token, I decided to use it immediately to activate the ability scrolls : #1 : You can place attributes points in STRENGTH or DEXTERITY and #7 : Initiation : pick 1 skill tree (per character) : You can put only 1 pt in any skill from that tree, and use it

Strangling gas potions were heavily used all the way, and this time I killed a lot of monsters to improve more that I did with his Barbarian brother.

He faced Andariel at lvl 14, I didn't feel that strong, so the killing process was strangling gas + javelin while circling around the central hole in the room.

The rewarding scroll for this act of poison bravery is :
71 You can use any skill granted by an item (wand, amulet, …)

So this scolls makes me realize I wrote something totally wrong about the rules.
I though there were a case I didn't think about back in the days, about spells coming with specific normal (white) weapons (lvl x spell, or spell charges, etc).
This scroll means : NO, you can't use the firebolt on the sorceress starting staff, or any spell coming with an item unless you activate this ability.

So complicated... :eek:

Last edited:
Abigor - Sorceress

Third to go, Abigor the sorceress

She can invest points in any attribute, and give 1 pt and use any spell she wants, so it seems comfortable.
So she found strangling gas potions too, but she's really a slow thrower, so most of the time it was Icebolt lvl 1 then ice blast lvl 1 her main attack.

The beginning of the act was really easy, The Countess slained gave the usual 3 WT, I didn't spend them for the moment.
But in the barrack things get more complicated : killing needed more and more bolts, she kept complaining about mana, and I met some dangerous pack on monsters, thowing arrow or lighting balls.

One of the pack leader gave me my very first grailer

I had a really scary experience in Andariel's dungeon, i entered a room and was suddenly surronded by fast giant spider. I managed to get off the room (then I took the screenshot). I was lucky because I felt death's breath on my neck.

Fighiting Andariel was not difficult, but really long, a lot of life and mana potions were drank.

Anyway Andy died, and I got another scroll :

131 Initiation : pick 1 skill tree (per character) : You can put only 1 pt in any skill from that tree, and use it

And now I wonder... what the... ??? this scroll brings absolutely nothing more than scroll #7 ?? I'm really confused here... what's the point of this ? what did i have in mind back in the days ???

Ok I saw my mistake, it's all fine ! :LOL:

Rich (BB code):
WT : Earned 9 - Remaining 3

Char                                       lvl           act          Initiated Skill tree
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mayhem       Barbarian         lvl 12     Act II      
Satyricon    Paladin           lvl 14     Act II       Offensive Auras
Abigor       Sorceress         lvl 14     Act II       Cold spells
?            Assassin
?            Amazon
?            Druid
?            Necromancer

Last edited:
Reactions: CaseyJones
Hello !

First, one bad news : The Druid I started then died like a dumb idiot fighting Rakanishu. Losing a character in act I is a huge handicap...
Good news : it's so early in the tournament that it's not that dficult to start all over again :D
So let's start another family, Hardcore characters this time...

Mayhem - Barbarian

First in line, the barbarian again, called Mahyem too, why not.
This time again, javelins and strangling gas potions are THE way to drive safe.

I never noticed how great is the reflection of fighters in water or blood on the ground !

Everything went fine, this time again my first Wisdom Token were used to activate scroll #2, and gain a lot of HP.
I found a really nice small charm (can't use yet obviously).

Andariel was put to death, and gave the scroll #28 : You can equip any magic weapon

Tormentor - Druid

For once, I chose the Druid to go second.
Same strategy, javelins and poison, and this time I can raise Vitality too, so the first part of the act was not really hard.

With 3 more Wisdom Token from The Countess, I chose to activate scroll #1 (access to STR and DEX) and #7 to unlock lvl 1 of every skill in the Elemental skill tree. So Firestorm, Molten Boulder, then Fissure get 1 point, and everything was crushed up to Andariel, I even gave up using strangling gas potions.

I found scroll 120 - You can equip 2 more small charms

Satyricon - Paladin

My Paladin used gladly a really nice normal weapon, the Scepter, combined with the always efficient strangling gas potions.
I unlocked The offensive aura tree, and kept Holy Fire lvl 1 activated.
I found the first family's grailer, arctic furs :

This paladin seemed really frail, his life bubble can go down really fast sometimes (nasty auras, lightning bolts...). So i chose to kill Andariel with old plain javelins, and it was OK.
Scroll found : 107 - You can equip any rare helm

Grisu, I only notice your question now :
One question @Chaostar - are we allowed to go back to previous acts to hire a merc or only from the current act? From the current act would mean that I can only resurrect my rogue merc in Act IV but can't hire another merc, right?

Not sure why #91 costs 1 WT and #51 3 WTs, although both do the same...so of course I bought #91 :)

So yes of course you can go back in town in previous act to do anythink beside killing monsters.

about #91 and #51 : It's a mistake, the price should be the same, 3 I guess, but it's not a big deal :LOL:

Sonja - Amazon

Next to go, the Amazon.
As javelins are the family 's favorite weapons for act 1, beside poison potions, she naturally starts to use them.

I quickly unlocked the Javelin & Spears skill tree, and 1 pt Power strike was good enough for most situations. Still careful in Andariel's dungeon, and fighting the evil queen.

I gained the scroll : 141 You can equip any set boots
nothing i'll use yet...

Kvist - Assassin

I planned that she will use her feet to kill foes.
I activated scroll #6 to allow her to become an apprentice Dragon Talon fighter.
The normal claw, and dragon talon are enough to roll over the first half of the act.

I had to be caution with large packs of monsters with nasty aura, but everything went fine.

I got scroll 15 You can equip any charm with poison

Abigor - Sorceress

I though it was going to be an easy journey, but in fact, I had more trouble with her than anybody else.
I learned to use the cold spell tree, and used ice bolt then ice blast lvl 1. With javelins, or Strangling gas potion, it was fine a long time.

But she throws everything slowly, and lvl 1 ice blast is not enough, so I drank a lot of mana pots. And she is frail !!
All the archers and magic bolts throwers in the barrack were constant danger.
I found a nice magic weapon in the cathedral, I had to activate scroll #4 to use it facing Andariel, or the fight would have been so long with only lvl 1 ice blast.

I ran all across the cathedral lvl 4, leechs seemed impossible to kill

Andariel was finally slained.
I gained that scroll :
126 Second chance : Chose one of your characters : each time he gets (only) one Ability Scroll by finishing an Act, you can use once 1 WT to redraw the scroll (discarded scroll gets back into the draw pool)
So it's really nice to pick it early, but it's expensive, I dont know if i should use it... I 'd obviously love to find the mercenary scroll (all my free rogues died quickly, Grisu I don't know how you managed to keep them alive !) but the cost is huge....

anyway, 1 necro left and act I will be done !

Dodheimsgard - Necromancer

Last in line, Dodheimsgard will use bone spells, let's see how far he can go :D
I could take teeth to apprentice and invest up to 5 points in it.

I also used some javelins in case of empty mana bubble.
Bishibosh gave me the 2nd family grailer, Hsarus Buckler.

I dropped a rare javelin too, so I decided to invest some more WP to activate scrolls #3 and #5.
This means I wont use the second chance scroll, I figured out it could be activated only for 1 character, so even less interesting... It will be more helpful used with a Mulligan scroll or something like that. We'll see that later...
So i took the rare javelin and the set buckler

Teeth lvl 5 was nice, but far from killing everything fast. I have to admit the javelin was more efficient.
Andariel was slained, mostly thanks to the javelin.

7th scroll picked was:
36 You can equip 2 more grand charms charm Ability 2
Ok more charms if needed...
So act I is done, and hopefully every member of the family made it.

Rich (BB code):
WT : Earned 21 - Remaining 7
Scroll Activated : #1 to #7 (whole starting deck)

Abilities :
All attribute points
Equip 1 rare Item
Equip 1 magic Item
Equip 1 set Item

Char                      lvl     act     Initiated Skill tree Skills lvl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mayhem        Barbarian   lvl 16  Act II  TBD                  X
Tormentor     Druid       lvl 14  Act II  Elemental            X
Satyricon     Paladin     lvl 14  Act II  Offensive Auras      X
Sonja         Amazon      lvl 14  Act II  Javelin & Spear      X
Kvist         Assassin    lvl 14  Act II  Martial Arts         Dragon Talon (A)
Abigor        Sorceress   lvl 14  Act II  Cold spells          X
Dodheimsgard  Necromancer lvl 15  Act II  Poison & Bones       Teeth (A)

• Love
Starting act II with the Paladin.

I am now able to wear Arctic furs, which is not that impressive, but still. I also bought the first regular scepter I found in shops, which was a gear improvement too.
I could slain Radament with this, still using poison.

Later, I reached lvl 18, using lvl 1 Holy freeze now.
I also found a poison shrine which gave me a few chocking gas potion, and that, my friend, is deadly against vipers especially.

After I found an OK rare sword, I killed the invocator (without using that sword, poison again).

I didnt clean every tomb, went right for Duriel to see if I could handle it.
At start I ran like an idiot, thowing potions, but in the end it was more efficient to face it like an holy man. Finally killed it, I had to be really careful, but with rejuv it was ok.

Found scroll #63 : You can equip any magic boots - Not great, once again

Next, I sent the Druid to clear act II.
I used Molten Boulder and Fissure (at lvl 1) all the way, I couldn't decide yet if I should invest some point in one of them, so I stuck with lvl 1, and it was fine.

I used choking gas potions too, because it s really powerful and safe, especially against scarabs and vipers.

Tormentor was quite lucky with the drops with some grailers on the way

and on Duriel's corpse

The skill was not what I expected (I'm praying for a mercenary scroll) :
scroll #26 : You can equip 1 item with "Increased Attack speed" affixe 26

After that ,the Barbarian's turn. I figured he could make his way without mercenary.

I chose to initiate his combat skill tree, and put 1 point in bash, stun, and when he reached lvl 18 concentrate
Before that, I upgraded a little his equipment, as since he finished act I, he can wear 1 magic, 1 rare, 1 set (but doesn't own any), and 2 small charms.
I also invested on the ability scroll that allows 2 grands charms when I found a +5 DEX GC.

The start of the act was hard. I gave up with the javelins, tried a weapon+shield configuration with bash, but concentrate was way more efficient at lvl 18.
So, I became most of the time a choking gas potion thrower, and it's really a great weapon to own in act 2.

I found nice rare gloves with MF - equipped.

This monster looked so cool !

But I killed him anyway, and was rewarded by a grailer.

The fight versus Duriel was not so hard, just a bit long, and I got another rare :

I got another item related scroll, boring :(
56 You can equip 1 item with "+x to all skills" affixe

• Love
Reactions: Grisu and PhineasB
Wow, really great progress there!

Magical boots are actually quite good: you can gamble some good MF boots or FRW boots with single resists for example.

I am almost to Act III NM with all my characters. Amazon has to clear the tombs, and my Barb needs to do the whole Act II NM.

• Love
Reactions: Chaostar
It is a unique tournament. I don't have the time/patience for it myself so I'll just continue to live vicariously through you two :)

Grisu Act 3 NM seems so far to me right now ! :LOL:

I tried to game some items, but never got anything great so far...

Anyway, 2 more chars are done with Duriel !

Next to go for Act II was Kvist, assassin

The song remains the same.
The start of the act is not so easy, even with Dragon Talon lvl 5.
When I get access to Choking Gas potions, everything was easier.

I dropped Hsarus boots, I can equip them immediately, a little improvement, this was enough to kill Duriel.

I gained another beh scroll :
81 You can equip any magic class specific item (orb, shrunken heads, pelts, barb helms, paladin shield, katars, amazon Bows, spears and javelins)

Sonja - Amazon

I didn't even remember I unlocked her javelins & spears skill tree. :ROFLMAO:
Beginning of the act was not really easy, poison dealt a lot of dommage, and my power strike lvl 1 don't do that much.

I found a grailer in the worm's lair, The Diggler, not really something I needed.

I still used the mighty Choking Gas potions in many ways

I decided to improve Charged Strike to Apprentice lvl , and raised it to lvl 4. This was a really good improvement, just in time to slaughter Duriel.
It was the easiest Duriel fight since the beginning, only cost me a few pots, and 2 rejuv.

Picked at least something useful :
35 Skill improvement : Pick 1 skill (per character) you already have 1 pt invested : improve your knowledge of that skill by 1 tier (Apprentice : invest up to 5 skill points, Efficient up to 10, Skilled up to 15, Master up to 20)

Reactions: CaseyJones
2 characters left for Act II :
First, Abigor the cold sorceress

For once, the beginning of the act was not that difficult.
I had apprentice Ice blast, i drank lots of mana pots, but I was fine.

I also used choking gas potion when I could, and but some items to improve my stuff

Unfortunately, I could barely afford this, and for the first time I found myself broke ! Could barely afford new mana potions, and I had to save Choking gas potions, because refilling them became too expensive.
Also, I had some seriously dangerous moments in some tombs. Felt death a couple of time !

I upgraded Glacial spike to apprentice, and tried to face Duriel... But I had to retreat, he was really too strong. I was lvl 20, so I decided to clean every tomb left, and even the 3 unvisited branches of the Arcane Sanctuary. I could reach lvl 22, save some money to buy mana pots, gather a few more rejuv, and raise my Glacial Spike lvl a little more.

Back to Duriel, and this time it was better, I could slay him quite fast. 2 lvls made the difference !

I fould scroll 127 : You can assign any number of skill points in skills unlocked at lvl 6 or before from a skill tree as soon as you have 1 maxed skill in that skill tree
Still not what I expected....

Last in line, Dodheimsgard the Bone Necromancer

Teeth lvl 5 was enough most of the time for this act, I also boosted it a little with this item

I was lucky too, Dark Elder gave me a nice Manald Heal !

I raised Bone Spear to apprentice too, it's more efficient against unique monsters, and I'll need it against Duriel.
I cleaned tomb until I hit lvl 21, and go to face the Worm King.
He was slained quite easily, a 6 pack of rejuv to ensure safety. I got another Unique !

Got scroll #148 : you can use any cube recipe involving no runes
This one is good ! I can at least cube up all the gems I collected from the start :)

So, I'm done with act II, and it's a relief ! I was worried to face Duriel without mercenary, but everything went fine. The whole family is alive!
Let's see the situation :

Rich (BB code):
WT : Earned 42 - Remaining 21
Scroll Activated : #1 to #7 (whole starting deck)
#120, #36, #35
Abilities :
All attribute points
Equip 1 rare Item
Equip 1 magic Item
Equip 1 set Item
Equip 2 small charms
Equip 2 grand charms
1 skill tree unlocked (every skill available at lvl 1)
2 skills can be tier-up to lvl 5 (or 1 to lvl 10)

Char                     lvl    act     Init. Skill tree Skills lvl
Mayhem       Barbarian   lvl 21 Act III Combat Skills    X
Tormentor    Druid       lvl 20 Act III Elemental        X
Satyricon    Paladin     lvl 21 Act III Offensive Auras  X
Sonja        Amazon      lvl 21 Act III Javelin & Spear  Charged Strike (A)
Kvist        Assassin    lvl 21 Act III Martial Arts     Dragon Talon (A)
Abigor       Sorceress   lvl 22 Act III Cold spells      Ice Blast (A), Glacial Spike (A)
Dodheimsgard Necromancer lvl 21 Act III Poison & Bones   Teeth (A), Bone Spear (A)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High