[2019] [Tournament] Ability Scrolls Sept [by Chaostar]

Chaostar said:
I suck with assassins, so, what about her ? Why can' t she kill anyone in act 3 ? You didn't decide yet what to do with her, Phoenix strike or trap ?
I want to go phoenix strike, as I already chose Martial Arts. The thing is I won' reach level 30 before Diablo, so... I guess it is bow time again? If so, I might actually choose one of the charm scrolls, because then I can at least load up a source of cold damage to slow Diablo down...

Also, it will get harder to get the first few kills with my Necromancer without any direct damage spells, so we will see how he fares.

I really need some fire and lightning resists for my characters now...

Last edited:
Nice progress and great reports people! Very enjoyable to read up on :)

I’m back at home after an extra long holiday, but I have yet to boot up my computer since getting back.

Oh, and this
Grisu said:
Wraith Brow
Circlet
Defense: 23
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Level: 19
Fingerprint: 0x44689164
Item Level: 24
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Adds 1 - 90 Lightning Damage
Adds 50 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+37 to Life
Fire Resist +37%
Damage Reduced by 3
+5 to Mana after each Kill
Just amazes me! How come I barely knew circlets could spawn with such good damage mods, and at such low level? Nice gamble!!

Last edited:
Tormentor 2N

I upgraded some pieces of equipment, took a Paladin mercenary, and upgrade Fissure to apprentice (for now).
At lvl 5, it's incredibly powerful.
And you know what happen when you have a powerful skill ? You want it to be more powerful, so I upgrade Fissure to Efficient level when I reached lvl 17.
Torm6.jpg

I dropped some awesome boots in the viper temple ! So I left aside my rare wand to wear this !! I have nothing in my left hand, I 'll stick with chosking gas potions if I had any, but I don't.
Torm7.jpg

All the act was cleared, without difficulty, with an empty left hand.
Torm8.jpg

Nice poleaxe from Duriel !
Torm9.jpg

I Picked a stupid scroll, there are some ****ed up scrolls in that pool !
72 You can assign any number of skill points in skills unlocked at lvl 18 or before from a skill tree as soon as you have 2 maxed skill in that skill tree

Absu 2N

I switched my mercenary for a Paladin.
In the sewers, I was still fine with my normal single claw attack, but the paladin is more efficient than me in killing.
Absu5.jpg

I decided to unlock to trap skill tree, and set 1 points in 3 traps, reaching charging bolt sentry.
These spell at lvl 1 are not really helpful, so as it is a good synergy of light sentry, I upgraded Shock web by 2 tier to Efficient.
Magic find gods were with me, I found a lot of grailers on the way :
Absu6.jpg

Absu7.jpg

Absu8.jpg

Absu9.jpg

I equipped cleglaw shield for the psn resist.

Shock web became useful, but after a while, I though I should unlock one more upgrade scroll (I have 2 left) and upgrade the spell one more tier. What I did, now I have a skilled (tier 3) shock web.

The end of the act was cleared without any difficulty.
Duriel was slained easily.
Absu10.jpg

Absu11.jpg

Picked another useless (for the moment) scroll
124 Can craft Safety items

One last Act2 to clear !! It's becoming boring ^^

Nice progress! You've passed by me now as I still have 1.75 to get through act 2 yet.

Haven't made progress in the last weekish as I gear up and get some maps rolled for the Off the Beaten Path tourney. Then I should be back for some progress. I'll be lucky if I even get 5 hours a week for D2 over the next couple months. Have a wee one on the way and we're fixing up space in our basement to move our office area to so we can free up a bedroom as well.

Dodheimsgard A2

Last in line, my necromancer !

I upgraded Teeth to Efficient. And it is effcient, even if I drink a lot of mana.
dod3.jpg

Wide areas are really fun :)
dod4.jpg

I upgraded Bone spear to appr., and moslty use that spell.

I found a nice charm I never though I could find in act2 normal !
dod5.jpg

The room where ancient kaa stood was full of treasures. Kaa himself gave me angelic weapon, and I found cathan's mesh in an urn next to his corpse.
dod6.jpg

dod7.jpg

dod8.jpg

And another set item in another room, Hsarus boots, in the same tomb !
dod9.jpg

I decided to go to see Duriel even if I has 3 tombs left
Curiously, he never looked my mercenary, and kept running after me. Probably because of the smell, I may remind him his mom.
He was easily slained anyway.
dod10.jpg

After that, I cleared the last tombs, even if I didnt want to. I'm glad I did, I found a Steelclash !
dod11.jpg

Got this scroll.. meh... :
110 You can equip any unique body armor

And that was done with act 2 ! I'm glad, I was starting to get bored.

Soo, after 2 first acts fully cleared; chest ans urns included, everybody made it to act 3.
It was globally easy, really easy, the mercenary is a huge improvement, I feel the difference with my last attempt.
Taking the max possible experience from a /players1 single pass helps too, but not as much as the mercenary.

Everybody is lvl 23, except the amazon who reached lvl 24.
Found 13 set items and 14 uniques on the way.
I have 21 WT left, and unlocked 10 ability scrolls : the first 7, the mercenary one, and 2 more skill improvements scrolls.

The stashed scrolls are :

You can equip any magic helm
Second chance : Chose one of your characters : each time he gets (only) one Ability Scroll by finishing an Act, you can use once 1 WP to redraw the scroll (discarded scroll gets back into the draw pool)
Mulligan : You can put back in the draw pool all your (unplayed) ability scroll in your hand and draw the same number of scroll minus 1
You can equip 1 item with "+x to all skills" affixe
You can equip any set belt
Family trade : you can get items from your other characters' mule
Family groth : if you have at least 1 dead character, you can create a new character from any class : he must catch up with the rest of the family immediately. He starts with all family abilities, and get every quest reward. The dead character is replaced by the new one for the tournament final score calculation, even the 8th character dies sooner than the replaced character. This scroll can only be used one time.
Skill improvement : Pick 1 skill (per character) you already have 1 pt invested : improve your knowledge of that skill by 1 tier (Apprentice : invest up to 5 skill points, Efficient up to 10, Skilled up to 15, Master up to 20)
You can assign any number of skill points in skills unlocked at lvl 18 or before from a skill tree as soon as you have 2 maxed skill in that skill tree
Can craft Safety items
You can equip any unique body armor

I would really have another skill tree scroll now, and some scrolls involving the cube maybe ? Oh and the /players x !!

I have a little question about the rules : there is something I didn't think about, it is the switch equipment.
Do you understand the equipment limitations apply to all the character, with the switch equipment or not ?

For instance, I can equip 1 rare, 1 set and 1 magic.
Can I have on me, I set belt, 1 rare weapon and a magic shield on one equip tab, and another rare item on my switch equip tab ? I neaver wear 2 rare in the same time, but I have 2 rare on me still, so... I don't know, wanted to know your felling ? ^^

Thanks !

Chaostar said:
I have a little question about the rules : there is something I didn't think about, it is the switch equipment.
Do you understand the equipment limitations apply to all the character, with the switch equipment or not ?

For instance, I can equip 1 rare, 1 set and 1 magic.
Can I have on me, I set belt, 1 rare weapon and a magic shield on one equip tab, and another rare item on my switch equip tab ? I neaver wear 2 rare in the same time, but I have 2 rare on me still, so... I don't know, wanted to know your felling ? ^^

Thanks !
Hmm, depends on how you interpret the meaning of equipped: usually, that means weapon switch, too. From the spirit of the rules though Igot the feeling you meant "being in use".

In all honesty: if you limit it to the more strict meaning (weapon switch equipment counts toward the limit, even if not active), it will only make the gameplay more tedious, because you have to go back to town or in your inventory to switch weapons (if both are rare for example). So I'd vote for "being in use", but ultimately it is up to you as the host :)

May I also repost my rules question from some time back?
Grisu said:
EDIT: What happens if you get the same effect of a scroll two or more times, e.g. "you can use any cube recipe involving no runes" or " You can hire / resurect / heal a mercerary and equip him following your characters abilities"? You can't buy it two times, because that won't have any effect...do you reroll in that case or is it simply bad luck and a scroll you can't use?

Last edited:
Sorry Grisu, I didn't see your question :
So just bad luck, this scroll can be used for other purpose (you can for eg. use them with :
99 You can give up any number of Ability Scroll and get 2 Wisdom Points by scroll (discarded Ability scrolls are destroyed) )

These multiple occurrences are just to raise the probability to get the scroll.

Anathema 3N

It feels good to see the forest ! I don't really like this act usually, but now I'm glad I'm not in the desert any more !

I chose the sorceress to lead the Mephisto hunt.

Everything was fine, I put 1 pt in Blizzard as I reached lvl 24.
Blizzard lvl 1, boosted by lvl 5 glacial spike is an awesome skill for act 3.

The flayer dongeon was easy, stormtree didn't stand very long.
Anath12.jpg

Anath13.jpg

I found unique boots on the way, still cannot wear these
Anath11.jpg

Did the swampy pit map is alway as cool as this ?
Anath14.jpg

I found another grailer around kurast :
Anath15.jpg

I realized I had arctic belt in stash, arctic furs equipped, and a scroll alowing me te wear any set belt.
I could unlock it for 2 WT, and gain 40% mf, 75 def, and 5 STR.
On the other hand, I only got 2 rows of potions. I decided to pass for the moment.

I dealt easily with the council.

Mephisto didn't gave me trouble. I just needed to move around him, and cast blizzard upon him.
Anath16.jpg

I pulled this scroll as a reward :

85 Discard a scroll in your hand, remember its WP cost : pick up new scrolls until the total amount of the picked scrolls's WP cost gets equal or becomes higher than half the discarded scroll's WP cost.

That is one awesome scroll, (maybe overpowered?). I have a family growth scroll with 21 WT cost, it could allow me to pick several new scrolls.
On the other hand, I might need this scroll one day, I 'd rather use that scroll with the resurrection scroll (useless for me in hardcore).
So I'll wait,for the moment.

TORMENTOR

I found Arctic bindings in the spider cavern. Like Anathema, I have 2 parts of arctic set, but I guess I'll pass, here too, because of the 2 rows of potions.
Torm10.jpg

Fissure is really powerful, I had aboslutely no problem all the act long.
Torm12.jpg

Grailer and a nice amulet found
Torm11.jpg

Torm13.jpg

Mephisto fight was easy too, fast and safe.
Torm14.jpg

Torm15.jpg

I draw this scroll :
** You know how to insert runes, jewels or gems in items

DODHEIMSGARD

I went for the bone necro, I think this one won't suffer with only 1 tree branch unlocked.

I decided to unlock my last improve skill scroll, and get Bone Spear to efficient.
I followed the river side all along, so I reached Kurast before finding the arachnid lair or the flayer dongeon, after I slained stormtree.
Dod12.jpg

Everything went fine, I only drink a lot of blue pots.
Council was easy to deal with.
Dod13.jpg

Mephisto was tougher than for the 2 first family member. He wasn't standing still, so bone spear was not efficient, I had to use Teeth.
I ran a lot around him, avoiding his bolts, and after a few minutes, he was down.
Dod14.jpg

Scroll picked :
132 You can buy 2 new ability scroll in town at the cost of 1 THUL Rune (sold to merchant, you cannot buy it back)

Absu

Shock web is a nice spell, but it's hard to hit moving monsters.
Absu12.jpg

So when I reached lvl 24, I was happy to assign 1 pt to Ligthning sentry. Since then, everything was perfect.

Absu13.jpg

I set LS to apprentice, obviously.
A few grailers later, I reached Mephisto.
Absu14.jpg

Absu15.jpg

The fight was easy.
Absu16.jpg

No nice drop, unfortunately, and a small report for this act :).

Grabbed this :
66 : You can equip 1 item with "Fast cast" affixe
One scroll I'll use soon for sure !

Wilderun

With Charged Strike (lvl5), I Kill everything with one hit.

The swampy pit was a nasty place, full of gloams and dolls.
I found Hsarus Boots there, I put them on immediately.
wilde11.jpg

My killing speed was really nice, but Wilderun took some real damage sometimes, and I had to be more careful than with other family members.

It's important to open chests and stashes :
Wilde12.jpg

Wilde13.jpg

A nice Manald Heal, I wish I could equip right now !

For the fight against meph, I upgraded Charged Strike to efficient, bring it to lvl 9. I slained Meph by hitting him in the back, while he tried to kill my mercenary. It was quite fast.
Wilde14.jpg

13: Skill improvement : Pick 1 skill (per character) you already have 1 pt invested : improve your knowledge of that skill by 1 tier....
again ? Come on !

Only 2 Melee characters to go !

Empyrium - Paladin

I felt the difference with previous char : killing speed is way below, with normal attack and lvl 4 holy freeze.

So I took my time, paid more attention to my life, and it was all good.

I found a wonderful unique item I wish I could wear

emp16.jpg

3 more Wisdom points...
emp17.jpg

I entered Kurast, where I bought this nice gear, I would be alble to wear at lvl 27, unfortunately.
emp18.jpg

Another grailer (for the stash) in Meph's Durance, and the final fight was here.
emp19.jpg

I was a little worried about this, my mercenary deals more dmg than me. The good thing is I kept him alive against Mephisto, and we slained the demon quite easily.
emp20.jpg

reward :
64 Can craft Blood items

that is nice !

Only one char to go !

Mayhem - Barbarian

Here too, progression in the act was slow, careful, and drinking potions all along.

In the forest, nothing really interresting, I dropped hsarus belt, which was better than the arctic belt.
Mayhem16.jpg

Found Isenhart case too, but it was for my mercenary.
Mayhem17.jpg

I had a real bad NDE in a temple in kurast, a trapped stair with serpent magus, bats and flesh archer. (no screen, sorry ^^).
I panic-drank 3 rejuv and saw my life get really low, I managed to get out, but finally I cleaned the place.

In term of killing, my mercenary is really much efficient. I didnt find any nice gear, and didn't upgraded any skill... The path to lvl 30 will be long, and act IV will be a challenge...

Anyway, I made my way to Mephisto, and the final fight was not so difficult, like with the paladin.

Mayhem18.jpg

Mayhem19.jpg

Pulled scroll 122 - You can hire / resurect / heal a mercerary and equip him following your characters abilities

that is a useless scroll (for me)... I was hoping for a /players scroll, a scroll allowing some cube recipe, or unlocking a second tree skill... I'll have to wait...

So every one made it, all at lvl 26 to begin act IV.
This act III was easy for everyone, a little less dor the 2 pure melee chars, who also lack upgraded skills for now.

I didnt improve much equipment, nor activated many new scrolls.

I have 39 Wisdom Token ans 17 ability scrolls is stash, some of them will be useful in time, some are useless.

The first two characters of the Addams Family made it to Act V. I chose to take Gomez first and then Pugsley, the two summoning builds.

Gomez was a breeze, as usual, 10 skeletons demolishing everything at p1 in their path, be it Hephasto
Screenshot069.jpg
Screenshot070.jpg

be it Lord de Seis
Screenshot073.jpg

or Diablo himself
Screenshot077.jpg
Screenshot079.jpg

Luckily, there were enought corpses to resupply my army of the dead while fighting Diablo, and with the damage my minions were dealing, it didn't take long to bring Diablo down. Annor and I were quite safe behind our meat skelly shield

Next up was Pugsley, the Druid, and his Wolves were waaaay less powerful, but could do some serious tanking.
Screenshot082.jpg
Screenshot083.jpg
Screenshot085.jpg

Being able to recast them at will and thus repositioning them was also nice, especially against Diablo, because if they were stacked, they were easily taken out in one hit:
Screenshot088.jpg

And yes, Basanti somehow survived this attack, because she was running around and escaped (barely). After that, I lured Diablo out of his pentagram so I could position myself and Basanti better. I tried to have the wolves attack from 3 sides while me and Basanti stayed way behind at an angle, where his Firestorm and Lightning Hose couldn't hit us. That was tricky and took some serious amount of recasting while keeping the poisoning up.

I don't know how Basanti survived, honestly, because I was so busy recasting the wolves and repositioning - I once noticed though, that she was standing to the far bottom right of the screen with Diablo on the top left and not even shooting at him, so maybe it was just luck that she didn't run right into one of his attacks...

Screenshot090.jpg

Sander's Riprap is nice, but for now I probably will keep my MF boots...

My rolls for the scrolls were:

#33 You can equip 1 item with "mana leech" affixe
#149 Mulligan : You can put back in the draw pool all your (unplayed) ability scroll in your hand and draw the same number of scroll minus 1

Lol, my second mulligan scroll :p

The first scroll looks intersting, but for now I will be following my original idea to buy as many scrolls as possible with scroll #105, then buy all those I want and then using my mulligan.

Sitting at 26 unspent WT right now.

My Paladin will probably be next.

Good luck everyone and grats on making it to act IV with everyone, @Chaostar!

Last edited:
Another two characters made it to Act V:

Fester, the Holy Freeze Paladin, and the still undecided how to spend his skill points Barbarian Lurch!

Fester went 3rd, and Holy Freeze made everything safe, although Izual took ages to defeat - 11946 Hit Points with 75% cold resistance is nothing to sniff at...Hephasto was much easier in that regard and I quickly gathered 3 more WTs.

Screenshot004 (2).jpg

Maggots were easy to defeat, because the pulse of my HF aura killed most of the spawns so I could focus on the big ones :)

Diablo was going to be the ultimate challenge (that was the idea in Diablo 2 classic, wasn't it?) - thus I prepared by saving a combat shrine close to a WP

Screenshot006 (3).jpg

The combat shrine couldn't save my rogue merc unfortunately, and she died while trying to run away from Diablo's Firestorm...running away IN its wake rather than FROM its wake...oh well
Screenshot007.jpg

I had the impression, that getting chilled in melee range was more dangerous than staying away (Diablo would often catch me with one of his magic attacks mid-swing when chilled), so I switched to Ranger and took on Diablo from afar:

Screenshot008 (1).jpg

It really wasn't clear who was the hunter and who the hunted, but in the end (and after some potion and arrow restock) Diablo proved to be the game not me:

Screenshot010 (3).jpg

And I gained a level! That's level 28 for Fester.

And I rolled a sweety for a change:

# 89 You can equip any unique weapon

What a game changer for my next character: Lurch. (yeah, I spent the WTs)

I didn't really expect much trouble, because of his overpowered Circlet (you remember the bazillion elemental damage circlet?) and because now he was able to use Crushflange (his only unique weapon so far). That even set my fire resistance to 75! nice!

My lightning resistance was only 12 though...lucky me that the first boss I encountered was LE...:rolleyes:
Screenshot011 (2).jpg

But if you look closely, you'll see that shiny lightning bolt over my head :) yeah, that was a lightning resistance shrine next to the LE boss - Diablo 2, the game that delivers the solution to your problems instantly!

Until...
Screenshot012 (2).jpg

Well, but I managed to position myself better this time and was in no real danger (although the guy took one purple out of me).

Izual wasn't really a problem, because Crushflange with its crushing blow dealt quickly with him. But the maggots in the RoF...my gosh! Fighting with a single attack skill really is a nuisance, especially with Maggot bosses! Just in time I remembered having Leap Attack and thus Lurch was hopping around over seas of maggots and grotesque spawns to smash the brains of their creators (huh? what's the word I'm looking for here? mothers???)

I found another Arctic Belt from the Smith (Ding! 3 more WTs!) and then proceeded into Diablo's lair. I went chicken and abused leap attack to leap away from Lord de Seis over the chasm and shoot down the whole pack with bow and arrows:

Screenshot020 (1).jpg

Then I made use of the fact, that minions of boss packs often only attack you, if you get into their bosses aggro range...because of how Infector of Souls spawns with this configuration, I was able to take out over half of his squad from this point: Hold shift down while I fire blindly until a minion runs towards me (without attacking me), then focus on it but keep on holding down shift so that you will shoot at it even if it runs away until it dies. Repeat.

Screenshot021.jpg

Somewhere inbetween I must have hit Infector, because he came sprinting to me. But he got the Lord de Seis treatment:

Screenshot022.jpg

Then there was only Diablo left. As I already said, having 75% resistance is a boon, but 12% lightning resistance? And as if Diablo knew that, he used his lightning hose maybe 10 times more often than his firestorm! Isn't that unfair? luckily, I could survive one lightning hose at full health even if I stood completely in its range (if barely). after some hit and run (damn those chilling attacks from Diablo!) I fell into a rhythm of moving away from him in a specific angle once I was chilled to avoid getting caught up in the lightning. I chose to hold my ground in the firestorm and ran away as fast as I could when he used his lightning hose.

If I hadn't have Crushflange, this fight would have definitely been bad (I used up 4 Full Rejuvs even with Crushflange). I guess I would have opted for ranged attack against Diablo as well if it wasn't for Crushflange.

No more pictures left to post the Diablo loot :) But he did drop an Axe of Fechmar, which might come in handy due to its freezes target...I will have to try it out. But since I will probably go one hand/block/Concentrate, I might look for another weapon.

The scroll roll was good, too, this time:

#147 You can equip any set helm

That means that right now I can equip set boots, helm, belt and one other set item (if I learn the scroll - didn't do that yet). Now I only need to find the Sigon's pieces :D

How is everyone else doing?

Last edited:
Well, I think I might have broken the tournament...but first things first.

Wednesday the Immolation Arrow Bowazon went fifth:

Izual wasn't too hard thanks to 85% CR (thawing potions FTW!) and Immolation Arrow
Screenshot001 (2).jpg

I even found the Citadel in the City of the Damned (and destroyed all windows because each gave 7 (or 8?) XP ...)
Screenshot003.jpg

The good old moat trick #1
Screenshot004 (3).jpg

The good old moat trick #2
Screenshot007 (1).jpg

The good old moat trick #3
Screenshot008 (2).jpg

Now I finally managed to force Diablo into using Fire Wall! Good thing that my Fire Resistance was much higher than my LR and his lightning hose couldn't hit me :p That way I can even safe my merc, because she can't be attacked either!!!

Well, d'oh!
Screenshot009 (1).jpg

she ran into the Fire Wall blindly and died within a second...rest in peace, dear friend!

Then things started to get interesting. I rolled

# 85 Discard a scroll in your hand, remember its WT cost : pick up new scrolls until the total amount of the picked scrolls's WT cost gets equal or becomes higher than half the discarded scroll's WT cost

As you remember, I still had the useless resurrection scroll #48, worth 28 points. So I used #85 and discarded #48, which resulted in those scrolls:

Code:
90 Skill improvement : Pick 1 skill (per character) you already have 1 pt invested : improve your knowledge of that skill by 1 tier (Apprentice : invest up to 5 skill points, Efficient up to 10, Skilled up to 15, Master up to 20)                                 skill  Ability      3
104 You can equip any rare shield                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      equip  Ability      2
68 You can use any skill granted by an item (wand, amulet, …)                                                                                                                                                                                                         skill  Ability      1
71 You can use any skill granted by an item (wand, amulet, …)                                                                                                                                                                                                         skill  Ability      1
52 You can equip 1 crafted / runeword item                                                                                                                                                                                                                            equip  Ability      3
65 You can replay the act you just finished at the cost of 1WT for each replay session                                                                                                                                                                             Gameplay  Ability      1
82 you can use any cube recipe involving runes(s), except craft formulas                                                                                                                                                                                              craft  Ability      1
10 You can equip 1 more charm                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         charm  Ability      1
19 You can equip 1 crafted / runeword item                                                                                                                                                                                                                            equip  Ability      3

No luck with the merc scroll again...

but then, I decided to use scroll

#105 You can use your Wisdom Token to get extra ability scroll in town at the cost of 3 WT by card (once only, 10 scrolls max.)

for an additional 8 scrolls, which resulted in these scrolls:
Code:
99 You can give up any number of Ability Scroll and get 2 Wisdom Token by scroll (discarded Ability scrolls are destroyed)                                                                                                                                          special   Effect      1
136 You can replay the act you just finished at the cost of 1WT for each replay session                                                                                                                                                                             Gameplay  Ability      1
16 Skill improvement : Pick 1 skill (per character) you already have 1 pt invested : improve your knowledge of that skill by 1 tier (Apprentice : invest up to 5 skill points, Efficient up to 10, Skilled up to 15, Master up to 20)                                 skill  Ability      3
59 Family groth : if you have at least 1 dead char, create a new one (any class) : he must catch up with the rest of the family immediately. He starts with all family abilities. The dead character is replaced by the new one for the tournament final score.     special   Effect      21
125 you can use any cube recipe involving runes(s), except craft formulas                                                                                                                                                                                              craft  Ability      1
** You know how to insert runes, jewels or gems in items                                                                                                                                                                                                              craft  Ability      1
87 you can use any cube recipe involving no runes                                                                                                                                                                                                                     craft  Ability      1
49 You can get 10 Wisdom Token in town at the cost of 1 PUL Rune (sold to merchant, you cannot buy it back)                                                                                                                                                         special   Effect      3

Again no merc! But the ability to craft runewords, cube up runes, and use two runewords if I wanted to! So, here's what I did next:

I used up the scroll #99 and discarded the scrolls I most certainly did not want now or ever to have again:
Code:
87 you can use any cube recipe involving no runes                                                                                                                                                                                                                     craft  Ability      1
59 Family groth : if you have at least 1 dead char, create a new one (any class) : he must catch up with the rest of the family immediately. He starts with all family abilities. The dead character is replaced by the new one for the tournament final score.     special   Effect      21
136 You can replay the act you just finished at the cost of 1WT for each replay session                                                                                                                                                                             Gameplay  Ability      1
49 You can get 10 Wisdom Token in town at the cost of 1 PUL Rune (sold to merchant, you cannot buy it back)                                                                                                                                                         special   Effect      3
104 You can equip any rare shield                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      equip  Ability      2
81 You can equip any magic class specific item (orb, shrunken heads, pelts, barb helms, paladin shield, katars, amazon Bows, spears and javelins)                                                                                                                     equip  Ability      1
100 You can equip any set class specific item (orb, shrunken heads, pelts, barb helms, paladin shield, katars, amazon Bows, spears and javelins)                                                                                                                       equip  Ability      2
134 You can equip 1 more charm                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         charm  Ability      1
65 You can replay the act you just finished at the cost of 1WT for each replay session                                                                                                                                                                             Gameplay  Ability      1    1

That gave me an additional 18 WTs.

I then used almost all of my remaining skill points to buy these scrolls:

Code:
125 you can use any cube recipe involving runes(s), except craft formulas                                                                                                                                                                                              craft  Ability      1
** You know how to insert runes, jewels or gems in items                                                                                                                                                                                                              craft  Ability      1
128 You know all runeword recipe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       craft  Ability      8
52 You can equip 1 crafted / runeword item                                                                                                                                                                                                                            equip  Ability      3
19 You can equip 1 crafted / runeword item                                                                                                                                                                                                                            equip  Ability      3
16 Skill improvement : Pick 1 skill (per character) you already have 1 pt invested : improve your knowledge of that skill by 1 tier (Apprentice : invest up to 5 skill points, Efficient up to 10, Skilled up to 15, Master up to 20)                                 skill  Ability      3
90 Skill improvement : Pick 1 skill (per character) you already have 1 pt invested : improve your knowledge of that skill by 1 tier (Apprentice : invest up to 5 skill points, Efficient up to 10, Skilled up to 15, Master up to 20)                                 skill  Ability      3

I then pulled the trigger on scroll #62: The mulligan! I put 12 scrolls back in my pool (that was quite some effort it took to put them back in order...I made a list in excel where I removed the scrolls once drawn so that I could roll on the remaining scrolls and didn't have to reroll again and again if I hit scrolls I already had drawn)

And - tadaa!

Code:
28 You can equip any magic weapon                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     equip  Ability      1
32 Initiation : pick 1 skill tree (per character) : You can put only 1 pt in any skill from that tree, and use it                                                                                                                                                     skill  Ability      2
37 You can equip any rare ring                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        equip  Ability      2
42 You can equip any magic belt                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       equip  Ability      1
51 You can hire / resurect / heal a mercerary and equip him following your characters abilities                                                                                                                                                                    Gameplay  Ability      3
57 You can equip any unique belt                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      equip  Ability      3
58 You can equip any set weapon                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       equip  Ability      2
71 You can use any skill granted by an item (wand, amulet, …)                                                                                                                                                                                                         skill  Ability      1
76 You can replay the act you just finished at the cost of 1WT for each replay session                                                                                                                                                                             Gameplay  Ability      1
91 You can hire / resurect / heal a mercerary and equip him following your characters abilities                                                                                                                                                                    Gameplay  Ability      1
102 Initiation : pick 1 skill tree (per character) : You can put only 1 pt in any skill from that tree, and use it                                                                                                                                                     skill  Ability      2

Wohoo, I even got the merc scroll TWICE! May I hire two mercs then?? xD

One question @Chaostar - are we allowed to go back to previous acts to hire a merc or only from the current act? From the current act would mean that I can only resurrect my rogue merc in Act IV but can't hire another merc, right?

Not sure why #91 costs 1 WT and #51 3 WTs, although both do the same...so of course I bought #91 :)

Getting 2x initiation on top of it is like topping on a fantastic Diablo wedding cake, so I won't complain anymore, no matter what I will roll in the future!

Here is a list of all scrolls I spent WTs on:

Code:
1       You can place attributes points in STRENGTH or DEXTERITY                                                           attr         Ability     2
2       You can place attributes points in VITALITY or ENERGY                                                              attr         Ability     2
4       You can equip 1 magic item                                                                                         equip        Ability     1
5       You can equip 1 rare item                                                                                          equip        Ability     2
6       Skill improvement : Pick 1 skill (per character) you already have 1 pt invested : improve your knowledge of that    skill by 1 tier (apprentice : invest up to 5 skill points, competent up to 10, Master up to 15, Divine up to 20) skill        Ability     3
7       Initiation : pick 1 skill tree (per character) : You can put only 1 pt in any skill from that tree, and use it     skill        Ability     2
34 You can equip any magic ring                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       equip  Ability      1
40 You can chose to pick 2 other Ability Scrolls or 5 Wisdom Token                                                                                                                                                                                                  special   Effect      1
61 Skill improvement : Pick 1 skill (per character) you already have 1 pt invested : improve your knowledge of that skill by 1 tier (Apprentice : invest up to 5 skill points, Efficient up to 10, Skilled up to 15, Master up to 20)                                 skill  Ability      3
148 you can use any cube recipe involving no runes                                                                                                                                                                                                                     craft  Ability      1
3       You can equip 1 set item                                                                                           equip        Ability     2
26 You can equip 1 item with "Increased Attack speed" affixe                                                                                                                                                                                                          equip  Ability      6
141 You can equip any set boots                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        equip  Ability      2
18 You can equip any set belt                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         equip  Ability      2
79 Skill improvement : Pick 1 skill (per character) you already have 1 pt invested : improve your knowledge of that skill by 1 tier (Apprentice : invest up to 5 skill points, Efficient up to 10, Skilled up to 15, Master up to 20)                                 skill  Ability      3
54 Skill improvement : Pick 1 skill (per character) you already have 1 pt invested : improve your knowledge of that skill by 1 tier (Apprentice : invest up to 5 skill points, Efficient up to 10, Skilled up to 15, Master up to 20)                                 skill  Ability      3
74 Skill improvement : Pick 1 skill (per character) you already have 1 pt invested : improve your knowledge of that skill by 1 tier (Apprentice : invest up to 5 skill points, Efficient up to 10, Skilled up to 15, Master up to 20)                                 skill  Ability      3
84 You can equip any magic amulet                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     equip  Ability      1
89 You can equip any unique weapon                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    equip  Ability      2
85 Discard a scroll in your hand, remember its WT cost : pick up new scrolls until the total amount of the picked scrolls's WT cost gets equal or becomes higher than half the discarded scroll's WT cost.                                                          special   Effect      1
105 You can use your Wisdom Token to get extra ability scroll in town at the cost of 3 WT by card (once only, 10 scrolls max.)                                                                                                                                       special   Effect      2
99 You can give up any number of Ability Scroll and get 2 Wisdom Token by scroll (discarded Ability scrolls are destroyed)                                                                                                                                          special   Effect      1
128 You know all runeword recipe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       craft  Ability      8
62 Mulligan : You can put back in the draw pool all your (unplayed) ability scroll in your hand and draw the same number of scroll minus 1                                                                                                                          special   Effect      3
91 You can hire / resurect / heal a mercerary and equip him following your characters abilities                                                                                                                                                                    Gameplay  Ability      1

If you read through all of that: Wow! Thanks! I don't know if I managed to make the process clear, that cost me 2 hours to do (rolling numbers, moving lines and columns, making notes...) I hope I didn't mess up anything, but the interaction of some scrolls REALLY is complicated!

Next up is Morticia, the Assassin, and then my sorc (because I will then have another 3 WTs to afford a new skill tree :)

EDIT: Forgot to include the scrolls I bought before my mulligan. Included it at the corresponding place :)

Last edited:
AT LEAST ! :D
This one scroll was hard to put out !

You don't broke the tournament, I have 3 characters waiting to face Diablo, I 'm just lazy to write the first 4's report (which wont be really interesting)

I red all, but year this tournament is not easy to manage, an xls sheet is needed !
I though about making a little website just to manage scrolls, but was too lazy to do it :cool:

Also I'm surprised by some scrolls you destroyed :
59 Family groth :eek:
49 You can get 10 Wisdom Token in town at the cost of 1 PUL Rune

9 - When a character starts an act, all previous acts are forbidden for the whole family, except to get quest rewards in town

I thought about quest reward, but shopping back, talk to NPC, gamble, or hire merc is fine, all I wanted to point out is : no way to return near monsters. I should be more specific about this rule

Not sure why #91 costs 1 WT and #51 3 WTs, although both do the same...so of course I bought #91

It must be a mistake, 2 occurences of this scroll have 3WT cost, annd 91 has 1... my mistake ! ^^

Well, I might have been overly eager and too confident in my abilities when deciding to destroy the family growth scroll :D But done is done, a sunk cost so to say :) and I don't expect to find many Pul runes in this tournament :rolleyes:

with "break the tournament" I meant all the rolling, rerolling, discarding and book-keeping I did to get where I am now :)

but it is good to know that you are right there on my heels ;)

Thanks for the clarification on the merc situation! Now it is time to go back and hire a merc for my Assassin :)

I hope spending only 1 WT is ok then?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High