[2018] Tournament: Set/Unique Worshippers 2017 [by jiansonz]

The tournament has another Conqueror. :)

Nothing in the act posed any real danger to Viridissima, but her merc had a rough time in some areas, and a few times even the valkyrie got killed.

For the Bloody Foothills session, I had muled in Sigon's Visor because I had planned to socket a topaz in it. But Dac Farren dropped a better helm (at least when it comes to resists), so I chose that one instead for my topaz.

Turns out I took very few screenshots - it must not have been exciting enough for more.

Start of one of the ice caves (Frozen River maybe?) was pretty tough. I took this shot...

ViriNM21, Drifter Cavern start.jpg

...but there are actually about three times as many enemies as they ones you can see. Pretty tricky overall with those Sirens (that I also got to fight in one of the Pit bonus areas and one of the WSK levels).

I like the (unintentially?) slightly bizarre name of these:
ViriNM22, BJoV.jpg

Halls of Vaught had the bugged Tomb Vipers. I counted 9 resurrections in total for Vikhyat.
Evil Urn spawned a pack of them. They showed up about 5 meters away from us. Could have been mighty dangerous if they had spawned right on top of me:
(Very typical screenie btw, with Vikhyat in a death animation...)

ViriNM23, snake boss.jpg

Ancients time:

ViriNM24, Ancients.jpg

Both the others were Extra Strong - Vikhyat received about three purples and three reds. Talic appeared to be dangerous. Viri helped out with the killing of the other two but left Talic for her companions to deal with.

In WSK 3, I could complete a third set for this character. One of the better full set bonuses I've seen on the 'classic' sets:

ViriNM25, Angelic.jpg

If Viri had been more of a caster build, this wouldn't be a bad setup for Hell.
But 40% MF is less than 74%, so it was back to Blade of Ali Baba for the rest of Nightmare.

/players 3 Baal was pulverized in short order. Yikes, that was easy.

Took cow level on /p3 as well. We don't kill mobs particularly well, and Vikhyat needs tanking help from both Valkyrie and Decoy if he's to fight more than ~4 cows.

Bladebone #2 (Bloody Foothills, skeleton archer boss)
Natalya's Totem (Dac Farren)
Berserker's Hatchet #2 (Frigid Highlands boss)
Angelic Mantle #2 (Frigid Highlands)
Steeldriver (Crystalline Passage, Ghost boss)
Heart Carver #2 (Frozen River)
Skull Splitter (Frozen Tundra)
Milabrega's Robe (Halls of Pain)
[Highlight]Lance Guard[/Highlight] (Halls of Pain chest)
[Highlight]Cliffkiller[/Highlight] (Halls of Vaught)
Death's Touch #2 (Icy Cellar evil urn)
Arctic Binding (Worldstone Keep 2)
Shadowfang (Worldstone Keep 2, beetle boss)
Angelic Sickle (Worldstone Keep 3)
Sigon's Shelter #3 (Baal)
Sigon's Sabot #2 (Baal)
Hellclap (Baal)
Iratha's Cuff (cow level)
Milabrega's Orb (cow level)
Arcanna's Head (cow level)

Best find in the cow level was easily a 21% Coral Grand Charm.

The other notable finds in the act were Lum and Mal runes. Both found in Halls of Vaught, in two containers (popped about a second apart) in one of those 'side aloves' next to the big square obstacle near a quarter end. Those two along with the Fal from Hellforge are the only runes above Hel Viri has found.

Viridissima the Valkyrie/Charged Strike Amazon and Vikhyat the Barbarian, level 75, Hell Rogue Encampment, 108 S/U items found

Last edited:
Quinta has progressed to A5 Normal. She actually completed A3 a couple weeks ago and plowed through A4 earlier today.

Things started off nicely with Cleglaw’s sword almost immediately in Spider Forest, stored for later as a possible source of crushing blow if she finds the rest of the set. It didn’t do enough damage though to replace Isenhart’s. We then found a nice Cobalt GC of balance , followed by a unique chest roll in the marsh. Bloodrise was actually a pretty big upgrade, with Cthon filling the boots slot. Shadowfang dropped in Flayer Jungle, with the Ormus quest ring giving 9MF (for a whopping 34% total with the helm) and +2 min damage. We tagged the LK waypoint and circled back to clear the two dungeons, with the unique scimitar (eth) and Steelgoad dropping during this stretch.

After pausing to mule things off, Quinta cleared LK, with Death’s Sash dropping from an armor rack to provide some CBF in exchange for only two rows of potions. We plowed ahead, taking down Mephisto with no other drops (including his). This guy was trying to avoid his doom, but Flux eventually took him out:
N A3 Horadrim on an Island.jpg
Quinta was level 32 in Pandemonium Fortress, with Bloodrise/Umbral Disk the main and Shadowfang on switch. A4 was a disappointment, with Snout Tail the only S/U, despite upgrading MF in the helm with a pTopaz/Topaz combo before clearing Plains of Despair. The weapon damage was underpowered, but she was plenty safe with the increasingly powerful Valk.

Izual took a looong time but was no trouble, Hephasto was a pushover, and hell forge gave us a perfect Emerald to pair with one I had been able cube up earlier. She had three Sols drop earlier in the act, so Bloodrise became a jagged star with a second normal weapon upgrade ready to go when needed.

With the extra damage, CS wasn’t much trouble. Infector had the hook layout, so we got a TP ready before popping his seal, and came back from the WP to ensure there was room to maneuver. The Valk was now sturdy enough that she occupied the group without noticeably losing life and Quinta picked them off one-by-one.

We took Diablo on p1, and he started off with an immediate lightning hose that required a potion. But, as you can see in the pic below, he then focused on the Valk and she held up to firestorms and lightning hoses until he fell (and dropped nothing of use).
N A4 Diablo.jpg
I hope to make more progress this afternoon, and am thinking about switching to a Barb merc and upping the Shadowfang if nothing else has dropped (if I get another pEmerald, I will probably up the eth Blood Crescent for kicks).

Quinta, the Level 35 Passivezon, and Flux, the Level 34 Cold Mage; A5 Normal, Harrogath

Last edited:
Roland has ground his way through NM Act 1.

LCS at the start of the Act:
01 LCS.jpg
Lightning resist was our biggest concern ... LEs were handled with plenty of caution. If possible Roland would sit at the edge of Conviction range and let Flux take care of things. (I'm really not looking forward to the beetles in Act 2)

Bloodraven dropped our first S/U - Isenhart's Parry, giving Flux his 3rd piece of the set.

Then we had Infernal Torch drop in the Mausoleum, followed by another gold spetum. I paused the game to write down the Lance of Yaggai and managed to miss-click "Return to Game", hitting Save and Exit instead ... with the Lance still lying on the ground. So, one lost S/U, which I wont be counting towards Roland's total. I was more upset with the fact that my progress was interrupted and that I had to run through an already cleared area and restart in the middle of the Mausoleum than I was with losing the drop. That weapon really is useless!

The Bloodrise got upped once we cubed a perfect emerald and that was a noticeable improvement over the Griswold's Edge. Flux got to hold the Griswold's.

02 Puke Cloud.jpg
This Skeleton pack in the Underground Passage was just nasty! There is a Champion pack mixed in with them as well. We had to entice them around the corner one at a time so that they could be killed without Roland being used as a blue pincushion.

I've already mentioned the Gul from Tristram (but I'll mention it again!), and then Arctic Horn dropped in the Black Marsh, giving us our first complete set. Roland put the bow on switch so as to have a ranged attack if needed, although the damage is pretty woeful.

Roland suddenly found himself back at the Dark Tower, but Countess only dropped a Tal. Somewhere around here we reached level 50 and maxed our two main skills. All the rest of our points will be going into Vengeance synergies. Flux has cold damage taken care of but I'm still working out whether to just focus on lightning first, or whether to spend points equally between fire and lightning.

03 Pits.jpg
This LE Archer Boss in the Pits pinned us back against the entrance. Roland ran back and forwards dodging arrows and (hopefully) LE bolts while Flux took care of the killing. The arrows hurt far too much to have both standing still.

On to the Barracks and our next S/U was Venom Grip, followed closely by Magnus Skin and Hellplague in the Jail Level 1. Jail 3 dropped Magefists. Three S/U pairs of gloves in the Jail! We've stuck with Arctic's for now as the 3 piece set bonus is pretty nice.

Before descending into the Catacombs we upped the Hellplague and then realised we only had 30 stat points saved and needed another 35 to be able to equip it.Flux got to carry it for a while, but once we reached level 52 we used up all the points and Roland had himself a new weapon. Not sure that it was much of an improvement on the Bloodrise, but I figured the fire damage would be nice against Andy.

04 Flame Lust.jpg
Flame Lust and his gang had the potential to hit particularly hard, so Roland opted to use the bow against them. The pack got frozen by Flux and Flame Lust dragged out, isolated and pinged from a distance without ever getting a hit in.

A second Milabrega's Orb dropped in Catacombs 3 and Flux gave up one of his Isenhart's pieces to equip it. We now have a huge 80% MF on merc kills.

Andy was taken at p5. Nothing fancy just Hellplague, Vengeance, Conviction, Antidote pots and Flux throwing ice. 14 big purples later Flux got the final shot in and Andy dropped nothing:
05 Andy.jpg

Roland the Avenger and Cold Flux, Level 52, NM Act 2, Lut Gholein. Total S/Us=40, Equipped=14.

Last edited:
Dezrok said:
Then we had Infernal Torch drop in the Mausoleum, followed by another gold spetum. I paused the game to write down the Lance of Yaggai and managed to miss-click "Return to Game", hitting Save and Exit instead ... with the Lance still lying on the ground. So, one lost S/U, which I wont be counting towards Roland's total. I was more upset with the fact that my progress was interrupted and that I had to run through an already cleared area and restart in the middle of the Mausoleum than I was with losing the drop. That weapon really is useless!
One player's junk, another player's most important item:

Lance of Y.jpg

Last edited:
Nice progress there everyone! Esp. OldSoldier - that is a hell of a run!
16 - Conqueror Oberon.jpg
Oberon is the 3rd Conqueror in this tournament, and still had no trouble whatsoever ... well, except for those Tomb Vipers at Nihlatak's Place. 2 NDEs, when an urn pack spawned on top of me. Sorry, no screenshots, was busy surviving... xD

The CE of Nihlatak was a joke though, and I could easily take 15+ of those with my big life bulb.

I chickened out on the Ancients at /p3, because of the lack of sufficiently fast CB attacks, esp. in the case if one spawned FI. None did, but the thrower had Fanaticism, which wasn't so much fun...the leaper had PI, which wasn't too bad obviously, while the whirler was extra strong, IIRC. Not too bad a fight, but took 9 Full Rejuvs or so due to lots of damage from the whirler.

I encountered lots of Blood Lord boss packs, one scary extra fast one with conviction that jumped me when I came around a corner in WSK:
12 - Vile Fester.jpg
The throne room was unexciting, but tiresome - Minions of Destruction can stand quite some hits with FC (95% Fire Resistance), as do Megademons (80% Fire Resistance). I stunned the pack with Shockwave to split them up and took them down one by one like this:
13 - Minion of Destruction.jpg
My merc did all the work, I only kept stunning the Minion every 8 seconds or so until my merc finished it. Really bad drops from all waves though.

Act V was stingy with S/Us drops, although I found another Tal-Rasha's Horadric Crest and Baal (defeated on /P3) surprised me with this beauty:
15 - Witchwild String.jpg
Witchwild String really is a great weapon for Hell due to its 40% resist all, Ctc Amplify Damage, and 9 frame attack with two shaels. It's a real contender for my main weapon, even if I do find that Pul rune to upgrade Ginther's Rift to Phase Blade (socketed with Shael that would net me 6 fpa, but not the resists...)
Also, I think about socketing the 2nd Horadric Crest with a PTopaz and replace the Aldur's Stony Gaze - 10% LL, 10% ML, 15% res all, 60 life and 24% MF might be better in Hell than 25% FHR, 44% Cold Resist, 48% MF...I don't know...

Oh, and cows - smells like BBQ!
01 BBQ.jpg
Saved all the chests etc. for after I cleared the level to pop them with the ethereal Goldwrap equipped - no S/U from those though. Did the cows on /P8 though, because Shockwave and FC really made this as easy as eating burgers.

S/Us in Act V:
Berserker's Hatchet #3 (Bloody Foothills)
Tal-Rasha's Horadric Crest #2 (Arreat Plateau)
Isenhart's Parry #2 (Arreat Plateau)
Cathan's Seal #3 (Pit of Acheron)
Isenhart's Case #3 (Crystalline Passage)
Crushflange (Frozen River)
Cathan's Seal #4 (Halls of Anguish)
Cathan's Mesh #4 (Halls of Anguish)
Vidala's Snare #2 (The Ancient's Way)
Ripsaw (WSK II)
Witchwild String (Baal)
Tearhaunch (Cows)
Sigon's Wrap #2 (Cows)
Duskdeep (Cows)

Set/Unique Worshippers Leaderboard
Code:
Player:            Name:           Class:       Build:            Level:  S/U found:  Area:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  ----------------
OldSoldier         AndrewNiteTorch Paladin      Charge            76       76         Hell Act I Cold Plains
jiansonz           Viridissima     Amazon       Valkyrie/CS       75      108         Hell Act I Rogue Camp
Grisu              Oberon          Druid        Fire Claws        75       84         Hell Act I Rogue Camp
zoo                BorisTheBlade   Paladin      Holy Shock        53       32         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Dezrok             Roland          Paladin      Avenger           52       40         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      51       24         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Caliph             ??              Assassin     Dancer            ??       ??         NM Act I Rogue Camp
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    35       8+         Act V Harrogath
Drystan            Goldilocks      Amazon       ??                32       12         Act IV Panda Fortress
jiansonz           Mirex           Paladin      FoH/Conviction    32       17         Act IV Panda Fortress
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       26        5         Act III Kurast Docks
Dazliare           Pestilence      Druid        Rabies            25        2         Act II Palace
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 22        3         Act II Dry Hills
Wolron             Pam             Amazon       Passivezon        20      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
GothamsBeard       Envy            Amazon       Elemental Bowzon  ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
hackedagainanda    Conrad          Paladin      Frost Zealot      ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
RedTang            PaniSuka        Sorceress    FO/Lightning      ??      ???         Act I Outer Cloister
Oakbrain           Olyssia         Assassin     Lightning Trapsin 18        0         Act I Outer Cloister
TwentyMuleTeam     TwoHearted      Druid        Fury              13        0         Act 1 Underground Passage

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:
Player:            Name:           Class:       Build:            Level:  S/U found:  Area:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  --------------------
Southpaw8668       Wuzhul          Necromancer  Skelliemancer     67      ???         NM Act IV Chaos Sanctuary
zoo                BorisTheBlade   Paladin      Holy Shock        56      33          NM Act II Ancient Tunnels
Oakbrain           Jathnolf        Barbarian    Berserk/War Cry   54      ???         NM Act II Far Oasis
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51      27          NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49      25          NM Act I Dark Tower
Skunkbelly         NewestSkunk     Sorceress    FO/FB             34      16          Act IV Diablo

Oberon, the Fire Claws Druid, level 75, and Neeraj, the HF merc, Hell Act I Rogue Encampment next.

Last edited:
Pestilence has invaded the fated Seven Tombs of Tal Rasha, successfully vanquishing the evils therein. As with most characters in normal difficulty, we had basically no trouble. The only downside so far is that Rabies kills things so fast that Fazel can't get killing blows! I will say there is something immensely satisfying about attacking one skeleton, then watching the entire room die a plague-induced death.

I don't remember which zone this spawned in exactly, but I *think* it was Canyon of the Magi. First piece of jewelry!

Screenshot143.jpg

And it was Nagelring, as we hoped!

Screenshot144.jpg

Next S/U was found in a tomb

Screenshot145.jpg

One of the tombs had a false wall, and Fazel got stuck...

Screenshot146.jpg

We finally made it to the true tomb, only to find Duriel, the big nasty slug creature. Thawing potions and tanking make Duriel a walk in the park, and his drop wasn't too bad today!

Screenshot147.jpg

We venture into the jungles next, level 29

Last edited:
Alright, had to create a new acct, but it's caliph again. I figure I'm not getting back my original account, but in the hardcore game, sometimes you lose your characters... or accounts.

I'm going to avoid screenshots for now (apologies!). Early on in the act, I found the battlebranch, which was a marginal upgrade for my merc. I found the Generals Tan Do Li Ga flail a bit later from some fallen. This was pretty huge for me as it gave IAS, mana leech, and 50% slow. Since I'm kicking, the paltry damage didn't worry me. Unfortunately, I still haven't found another sol rune to up it. Two fallen later, my prayers from last post were answered. Sigon's gloves! This gave me 3 pieces, which yielded the 50% mf on boots as well as the 30% ias on gloves. Coupled with the 20% ias on the flail, it was time for business. We proceeded through the act, without too much difficulty, even finding a manald later in the act. Andy didn't drop much, but I felt very lucky with our haul and hopeful for the future, now saddled up with 90% mf.

On to act 2! Oh boy, act 2 can be quite the slog between all the poison, aoe lightning, and resurrecting skeletons. I found a moonfall jagged star, but decided I'd rather keep the mana leech and slow from the flail, so it's sitting as a trophy in my stash. We slowly made our way through the act, relinquishing our prayer merc for a might one. Along the way, we found our second -15% requirements jewel, which I'm holding for a special occasion. If I recall correctly, we found tancreds armor, but having none of the other set pieces, put it in our stash. Lo and behold, in the fake tombs, we found a cathans ring (gave us another S/U for our 2nd ring slot), and a mysterious green amulet. Tancred's! We said hello to the big 78% mf bonus on the amulet from the 2piece, and headed to duriel. Now up to 168% mf, we were very hopeful.

The gods smiled upon us that day; vanquishing Duriel left us with three uniques: Skull Splitter Military Pick, Humongous Giant Axe (yay our first crushing blow), and Rattlecage (yay our second crushing blow).

I feel we've been very lucky recently and now sitting ~180% mf, things look good for the future.

Hi @calpal In your earlier post you were using a mod which isn't allowed on this forum (which is probably why your account was blocked), and isn't allowed in forum tourneys either. Check out the stickies where the forum rules are all made clear and ask a Moderator if things are still unclear.

Why not get rid of the mod and start over with a character that meets the tourney and forum rules?

Last edited:
@jiansonz please weigh in. I was in the tower making my way to the Countess...

One time during the fight, level 3 I believe, a charge bug triggered whererin I was unable to move, even after "W". Maybe it had to do with a ghost, which was attacking me at the same time I was trying to charge it but it was inside my weapon range. I don't really know what triggered the bug, but eventually the merc killed the lone ghost attacking Andrew and I was able to TP out and move again back in the camp and the bug was fixed.

Later in the level, a boss pack of ghosts befell us and though I was able to separate them, my merc was killed and another lone ghost boss minion got me all alone and the same bug happened. I went from ~800 hp to ~400 hp in short order and couldn't move or get out of the bug. I'd just seen it so I knew what was going on, but the hp was dipping fast and I didn't think to try to TP, all I was able to do was this funky pirouette, so rather than die I S&E. I realize now I should have drank purples until I gathered wits to TP out which should have worked, but I did not.

My gut tells me I'm out but I'd like confirmation since it was a bug in the game (though there was a small amount of spaz about my demeanor at the time). I did play a Charger and I knew Charging was a bug riddled skill...

Last edited:
@OldSoldier : You couldn't even use normal Attack? If that was the case, I say keep playing.
If it happens again, use the TP solution.

(I recall getting stuck in a similar way after opening containers (Rat nest?) in Act II underground areas. Sometimes the problem remains in town even after going though a TP. It usually "wears off" after around a minute.)

Last edited:
There's been a few times where I would finish a charge or maybe start the next charge, it is hard to tell because the character moves so fast when charging, that my character would run in place, for maybe 5-6 seconds and then he would stop. Almost as if he were headed to his charge destination but was interrupted along the way and the game didn't know how to deal with it so the charger simply ran in place for a few more seconds. I would be able to get out of that bug by weapon switching but in this particular bug my character was immobile and unable to attack. He could switch weapons but it would still not be able to do anything, except for that TP maneuver. Anyway, it has taken the shine off of this guy for me. My brother is coming into town for a few days on Thursday and I'll see if I feel like picking it back up or not when he's gone. Thanks for the input.

Hey all. I was planning on waiting to finish the Act before my next update, but progress has been very, very slow, so i thought I'd give a mini update.

How slow is slow you might ask?

Well, about 2.5 hours to clear the Far Oasis and the Maggot Lair. That's the sort of slow I'm talking about.

Only two S/Us so far for the Act. Riphook in the Sewers and Angelic Mantle in the Dry Hills. That's another form of slow.
Riphook is great though! having a ranged attack that can actually kill things is a great option for when things get dangerous.

Speaking of dangerous, with Roland's 2% lightning resist I was super worried about all the beetles in Act 2. Turns out when they are frozen or chilled they don't emit lightning sparks (well one lot of sparks when they die). Flux takes care of the freezing and Roland takes care of the whacking, then Flux finishes them off (in an ideal world).

Of course, Coldworm was LE and wouldn't chill, so Roland couldn't go toe-to-toe with her. Instead it was Riphook all the way. With the big worm's high cold res (immunity broken by Conviction), Flux wasn't much help. So, how many arrows did it take?

Exactly 800 arrows - The first 350 cleared out the baby maggots filling the room and then 450 arrows for Coldworm herself (The regular Maggots were smacked with Vengeance).

I'll post pics when I get to the end of the Act ... in another week or so ... the Tombs could take a while unless we get a new weapon between now and then.

Pam (Bowazon with no bow) is back. She died about a month ago and I decided to practice a bit before getting back into the tournament. She has killed Duriel (P3) and moved on to act 3. When I got to the jungle camp, I decided to do some gambling before moving out. Pam had about 700,000 gold and I figured to blow it all trying to get a pair of good boots. Boots and a ring and a helm are all she needs to be fully clothed. Her helm is a socketed full helm with two Topazes for magic find. She really does not want to replace that unless she has to. So, she began the gambling gambit. 70,000 gold later she won Hot Spur boots. Amazing.

She is at level 28 and just a whisper below level 29. Resistances are 86 Fire, 71 Cold, 11 Lightning and 31 Poison. She has spent her stats: 50 STR, 50 DEX, 98 VIT and 33 Energy. She has 4 points in decoy as she strives to get her Valkyrie. The majority of her other skill points are in Cold arrow and Ice arrow, but she has no bow. Her S/U finds are listed below, but notice that she is using three pairs! That is kind of amazing.

Here is a list of her S/U's (13 in all):

Wearing:
Hot Spur boots
Angelic Mantle
Angelic Halo Ring
Arctic Mitts
Arctic Binding
Civerb's Cudgel (Her primary weapon)
Civerb's Ward
Vidala's Snare Amulet

Death Spade Axe in the offhand.

Mercenary Equipment:
Angelic Mantle (yes they have matching armor)
Infernal Cranium hat

Not using:
Berserker's Hatchet
Cleglaw's Tooth

I am going to switch mercs and go with an Act 3 Cold merc. That will allow me to use Cleglaw's tooth for the merc.

Meet Alexander, the zealing paladin!

Since I felt I had just gotten started with playing a Zealing Holy Shock paladin, Alexander would have to continue in Borises footsteps.

Alex_Baal.jpg
Here he is, right before the ultimate battle.

Click the spoiler tag below for a list of all finds in Normal, including The Secret Cow Level. Note the endgame headgear Diablo was carrying. Well, it could have been endgame gear, had Alex been a Barbarian. Alas, he is not.

Lenymo (Jail Level 2)
Gorefoot (Catacombs Level 2)
Rixot's Keen (Andariel, Catacombs Level 4)

Gull (Halls of the Dead Level 3)
Berserker's Hatchet (Maggot Lair Level 3)
Civerb's Ward (Ancient Tunnels)
Isenhart's Case (Arcane Sanctuary)
Shadowfang (Arcane Sanctuary)
Nagelring [19% MF] (Tal Rasha's Tomb)
Cathan's Rule (Tal Rasha's Tomb)
Crushflange (Tal Rasha's Tomb)

Sander's Taboo (Flayer Jungle)
Sigon's Visor (Flayer Jungle)
Stoutnail (Flayer Jungle)
Berserker's Hauberk (Lower Kurast)
[Highlight]Bladebone[/Highlight] (Lower Kurast)
Angelic Halo (Swampy Pit Level 2)
Arcanna's Head (Swampy Pit Level 3)
Nagelring [25% MF] (Sewers Level 1)
Berserker's Hauberk (Sewers Level 1)
Sigon's Wrap (Sewers Level 2)
Cathan's Visage (Disused Reliquary)
Soul Harvest (Disused Reliquary)

Bloodrise (Plains of Despair)
Nagelring [24% MF] (Plains of Despair)
Isenhart's Case (River of Flame)
Immortal King's Will [34% MF] (Diablo, Chaos Sanctuary)
Death's Touch (Diablo, Chaos Sanctuary)

Angelic Sickle (Bloody Foothills)
Cleglaw's Tooth (Frigid Highlands)
Isenhart's Lightbrand (Arreat Plateau)
Vidala's Fetlock (Arreat Plateau)
The Battlebranch (Crystalline Passage)
Cathan's Mesh (Frozen River)
Milabrega's Orb (Frozen River)
Berserker's Headgear (Halls of Pain)
Iratha's Cuff (Glacial Trail)
Hellplague (Glacial Trail)
Cathan's Seal (Glacial Trail)
Stormguild (Frozen Tundra)
Isenhart's Case (Frozen Tundra)
Treads of Cthon (The Ancients' Way)
Tancred's Skull (Drifter Cavern)
[highlight]Venom Ward[/highlight] (Glacial Trail)
Isenhart's Parry (Glacial Trail)
Tancred's Crowbill (Glacial Trail)
Hsarus' Iron Heel (Baal, The Worldstone Chamber)
Civerb's Ward (Baal, The Worldstone Chamber)

Cleglaw's Claw (The Secret Cow Level)
Vidala's Fetlock (The Secret Cow Level)
Manald Heal [4% ML] (The Secret Cow Level)

Code:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  ----------------
OldSoldier         AndrewNiteTorch Paladin      Charge            76       76         Hell Act I Cold Plains
jiansonz           Viridissima     Amazon       Valkyrie/CS       75      108         Hell Act I Rogue Camp
Grisu              Oberon          Druid        Fire Claws        75       84         Hell Act I Rogue Camp
Dezrok             Roland          Paladin      Avenger           52       40         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      51       24         NM Act II Lut Gholein
zoo                Alexander       Paladin      Holy Shock        48       51         NM Act I Rogue Camp
Caliph             ??              Assassin     Dancer            ??       ??         NM Act I Rogue Camp
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    35       8+         Act V Harrogath
Drystan            Goldilocks      Amazon       ??                32       12         Act IV Panda Fortress
jiansonz           Mirex           Paladin      FoH/Conviction    32       17         Act IV Panda Fortress
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       26        5         Act III Kurast Docks
Dazliare           Pestilence      Druid        Rabies            25        2         Act II Palace
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 22        3         Act II Dry Hills
Wolron             Pam             Amazon       Passivezon        20      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
GothamsBeard       Envy            Amazon       Elemental Bowzon  ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
hackedagainanda    Conrad          Paladin      Frost Zealot      ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
RedTang            PaniSuka        Sorceress    FO/Lightning      ??      ???         Act I Outer Cloister
Oakbrain           Olyssia         Assassin     Lightning Trapsin 18        0         Act I Outer Cloister
TwentyMuleTeam     TwoHearted      Druid        Fury              13        0         Act 1 Underground Passage

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  --------------------
Southpaw8668       Wuzhul          Necromancer  Skelliemancer     67      ???         NM Act IV Chaos Sanctuary
zoo                BorisTheBlade   Paladin      Holy Shock        56      33          NM Act II Ancient Tunnels
Oakbrain           Jathnolf        Barbarian    Berserk/War Cry   54      ???         NM Act II Far Oasis
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51      27          NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49      25          NM Act I Dark Tower
Skunkbelly         NewestSkunk     Sorceress    FO/FB             34      16          Act IV Diablo

Last edited:
Mini update for now, Act 3 annoying in its size and finding things....

Reached FLayer Jungle WP not got to relevant bit though, did get another Noky ammy and a Coif of Glory which removes half my MF..... Also a failed Set Bone Shield. Maybe work my way thru more of flayer jungle later on to find Gidbinn and the dungeon and then move onto Kurast areas.

Code:
zoo                Alexander       Paladin      Holy Shock        48       51         NM Act I Rogue Camp
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       28        7         Act III Flayer Jungle

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:

Last edited:
What a nightmare indeed. A VERY uneventful Act II. Managed to find a grand total of 2 S/U, both of which fell in the canyon of magi and are useless to me:

drop.png

If only i was a lighting sorceress:

lazstaff.png

That completes the collection of s/u staffs! Come on Diablo, for the last time, I'M NOT A SORCERESS! :D

Made the way to Duriel on p8 but jumped down to p3 just to whack him less. His spoils were fit for a beggar:

durielcrap.png

Still no rings and no bow! :(

KalKunta, LVL 56, NM Act 3, Kurast Docks. Total S/Us=26

Code:
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      56       26         NM Act III Kurast Docks
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       28        7         Act III Flayer Jungle

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:

Last edited:
Great progress, everyone! Seeing those drops in early Normal made me jealous. It really makes a big difference what those first few S/Us are!

Quinta
picked things back up in A5 Normal, clearing Bloody Foothills and Frigid Highlands, which allowed her to hire Uther and give him the upped Shadowfang, which sped things up. Barb and Valk together also make things safe for Quinta.

The first S/U of the Act dropped in Frigid Highlands, Angelic Mail. It was nice to get the first item in that set because of the MF potential – her MF was woeful at the start of act (49%), and sadly has not improved.

She played the rest of the Act in one go, except for Pindle and Nihl. Through rescuing Anya, the only S/U drop was the Sander’s wand, so not much use. Frozen Tundra proved fruitful, with Cleglaw’s Sword #2 dropping in Infernal Pit (which was right by entrance to area), and then Vidala’s Fetlock and Razortine on the surface. Vidala boots are useful if the ammy ever drops, while I was very excited about the spear (thinking of upping and going charged strike/lightning strike route, until I saw that it was eth). Oh well, it still went on switch for the slow in case I needed it but mainly for Lister & Co and Baal.

No excitement to Baal, when Frostburn dropped from Achmel’s wave. Sander’s gloves are better for now due to IAS. Baal took a while with low damage, switching to Razortine every so often to keep Baal slowed. He didn’t teleport or clone, so I guess it worked. Drop was rubbish, but she made Slayer (I’m playing SC so I have the option, in event of death in the tourney, of continuing the character as a potential 99er).

We then returned to Pindle and Nihl, with no trouble. Sander’s Wand #2 and Vidala Bow dropped. The bow seemed interesting at first, with the possibility to go for cold skills. But then I looked at the low damage and meh partial bonus, and decided to hold off on deciding which skill tree comes next. Cows were fun, with Arctic Armor #2 the only S/U.

She finished the act and started NM with the following stats:
N Complete Stats .jpg
As you can see, decoy is maxed and Valk is one point from max. Resists are worrisome but manageable with two sturdy tanks and decoy available. She lots of skill points saved up for whatever awesome drop comes next.

She cleared Bloody Moor and the Den to Cold Plains WP, netting her first S/U jewelry, which turned out to be an Angelic ring. With one green sabre, and she’d finally be back in business with meaningful MF! She still has the hat, ammy, and one ring slot without a S/U. The hat has 2os with pTopaz and Topaz and the ring has the Ormus reward, which had 9 MF, so those are her sole source of MF.

Quinta, the Level 48 Passivezon, and Uther, the Level 48 Barb Merc; A1 Nightmare, Cold Plains; Total S/Us=26, Equipped=11.

Code:
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      56       26         NM Act III Kurast Docks
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    48       26         NM Act I Cold Plains

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:

Last edited:
Well, my time has come. Got a few scares from the Gloom bats in the Kurast Sewer but tempted faith and got surrounded.

Dead in an instant:

deeds.png

Had picked up 2 more set items during Act III but sure that is nor here nor there now.

I'll think of what to re-enter with in the mean-time!:)

Code:
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    48       26         NM Act I Cold Plains

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      59       28         NM Act III Kurast Sewers

Last edited:
PhineasB said:
Great progress, everyone! Seeing those drops in early Normal made me jealous. It really makes a big difference what those first few S/Us are!
In the case of Alexander I feel like it has been more quantity than quality so far. He had been hoping to have found some source of MF other than rings and the Gull by now. There will come a time when physical damage is required. Alex wishes for it to be later rather than sooner at the moment.

Charlo said:
I'll think of what to re-enter with in the mean-time!:)
That's the spirit! Sorry about the deeds, though. It really is starting to hurt when in the middle of Nightmare.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High