1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Phase blades are shoppable and you can craft them- the blood craft may even give the ridiculous life leech, for example. And 40 + 3 * 20=100, which isn't quite enough for a wearbear Fire Claws 4fpa (needs 110) but it is quite a fast weapon which could be hitting pretty hard.

I think the German speed calc has that only 85% WIAS is needed for a 4/4/4/4/6 Fury attack with a wolf with a phaseblade. You don't get to 4/4/4/4/5 until 110% WIAS, which is also the breakpoint for a bear's 4fpa Fire Claws. Or maybe I'm missing something?

Nah, I double checked, you got it right. So I'd go for 85ias instead of 100... that means 40ias + 2shael + ias jewel or 3 ias jewels if I can get some godly ed/ias or something.

Aha, that also means that you can manage with less than 40% intrinsic IAS on the weapon, as you may get some good other mods with 30% IAS, for example.

True, very true.

So my original questions: CB Bowazon all good for first char? What are the rules on trading/do people trade in 1.07?

The bowazon will pretty much play LK I think, to fuel the crafts.

Also, do people MP if anyone else does HC? What about d2gfx.dll?

I don't wanna screw up and not be able to trade...

I'm no newbie to 1.07, but I'm definitely no veteran. I have made 2 SF/FO sorcs, lvl74 & lvl79. Started a Trav barb but he didn't get very far.

I would love to MP with someone the extra person could be a lifesaver in HC...

Thanks for all the info... I may look through the whole thread, if I have some time.

Greetings from Hungary fellow D2-players! :)

I'm glad to find this topic, because classic and pre 1.10 versions of this game have always been my favourite. I'm thinking about starting 1.07 again, with some friends and play hard-style till high levels and craft some nice items. So i've started reading this topic, I'm currently at somewhere page 70, and I would like to ask a question.
So I came across this link in one of the comments: http://web.archive.org/web/20010801151101/www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/uniques.shtml
I looked at the unique ring section and found "Constricting Ring". Now I'm a bit confused. As far as i know, it was a fake imported item in the 1.09 times on bnet. Can someone tell me the truth? Is this ring really existed in the earlier patches (07/08) or its just an easter egg, like Reziarfg?
Regards -joey-

/e: Another question about crafting:
Is there a big difference between the outcomes of using greater or lesser recipes? I'd mostly like to craft weapons, but middle and high runes are extremly rare in this patch.

Last edited:

Constricting ring cannot be gotten at any time legitimately.

The greater recipes just give you better craft stats, not the 4 affixes that spawn. Not really worth it considering rarity of runes.

Constricting ring cannot be gotten at any time legitimately.

The greater recipes just give you better craft stats, not the 4 affixes that spawn. Not really worth it considering rarity of runes.

According to the wiki:
"The Constricting Ring is not and never has been droppable. We have it listed on our Unique Rings page, and the ring's full stats are listed in the game files, but it has a 0, instead of a 1, in the "completed" column in uniqueitems.txt, the actual game file that sets the properties on Unique items, which makes it undroppable."
So Blizz actually put it in the game, but cannot be found in all patches. Too bad. :(

Crafting: so to be clear, with the greater recipe you get better fixed mods, but it doesn't matter to the 1-4 random mods, which recipe you are using, right?

Last edited:
According to the wiki:
"The Constricting Ring is not and never has been droppable. We have it listed on our Unique Rings page, and the ring's full stats are listed in the game files, but it has a 0, instead of a 1, in the "completed" column in uniqueitems.txt, the actual game file that sets the properties on Unique items, which makes it undroppable."
So Blizz actually put it in the game, but cannot be found in all patches. Too bad. :(

Crafting: so to be clear, with the greater recipe you get better fixed mods, but it doesn't matter to the 1-4 random mods, which recipe you are using, right?

That ring is insane, very good that they never implemented it.

Yes, you've got it right on the crafting.

Yes, you are correct. WoRG's crafting miniguide has more details. Furthermore, the general "for a fixed ilvl, it is easier to get higher affixes with a lower qlvl item" case of the affix allocation routine may be applying.

So, I have met Nihlathakk. He tore me like paper. Damn his CE blast radius...
But, I talked to Anya for quest reward on clvl 70 and got this:
Imp Whorl
Vortex Orb
One-Hand Damage: 25 to 64
Durability: 40 of 40
(Sorceress Only)
Required Dexterity: 44
Required Strength: 44
Required Level: 63
Orb Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 70
Fingerprint: 0x65ec65f6
+8 to Life
Fire Resist +18%
Poison Resist +39%
Adds 1-7 lightning damage
Adds 1-4 cold damage
+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels
12% Chance to cast Level 4 Nova on striking

So I guess now I'll just craft and craft and craft using this a base untill I reach something nice.
And now a question. Regarding racking in Nihlathak's temple, do you rack only the 3rd level racks (from 4 sides 2 have armor/weapon rack), or do you go for other racks that are in waypoint level of Temple ?
'cause I suck at racking, and I don't have any racks close to my WP, so I guess I should re-roll map where something nice gets close to WP...

You can rack anywhere in there, it's all over Alvl 100.

Nil is just cruel in this patch , it's not even funny

damnit, getting a good rack is tedious.
on a side note, I've read somewhere that there are 3 Halls of Pain maps. And there is some other source that says that there are 5 of them.
I've noticed only 3 different startups for now, but what I want to know is is there any map for HoP that has any rack close to WP ?
that would be much better and easier than all the way down (which is not hard by itself, but untill I get to last lvl, try out all different paths to see what racks generate, it takes a lot of time :p).

Got a question about 1.07 ethereal bases because I've got the feeling I've just wasted a lot of time...

Do rare ethereal items maintain their 1.07 damage bonus when moved forward patches?

I've just spent a lot of time racking a pile of ethereal blade talons which i planned to imbue in 1.13. However, when I imbue one it's ethereal bonus disappears and the damage is only the same as if I was using 1.13 bases.

If I was to imbue the talons in 1.07 then mov e them forward would I get the same result or would the resulting rare item keeping the 1.07 ethereal bonus?

Thanks for any help.

I did some experiments a while ago with regard to imbuing ethereal crystal swords and though I don't remember the exact results, they were not favorable. I think the hidden "enhanced maximum damage" mod only persists if there are no +ED% mods that spawn on the imbue. I think I tried it several ways and I didn't ever get what I had hoped for, but I may not have tried every possible combination.

I did some experiments a while ago with regard to imbuing ethereal crystal swords and though I don't remember the exact results, they were not favorable. I think the hidden "enhanced maximum damage" mod only persists if there are no +ED% mods that spawn on the imbue. I think I tried it several ways and I didn't ever get what I had hoped for, but I may not have tried every possible combination.

Thanks for that, I may try running one character to level 18 (think I got one close) in 1.07 an imbuing then moving forward just to check. Had a feeling it would be the ed% bonus that was screwing with it.

I'm guessing he wants to make a lld or vlld claw if he is using Blade Talons, so Cruel won't be of use to him.

I reckon it is still worth it if you are willing to spend the time because you can gain eth talons quicker from racks than cows or other 1.10+ ways.

Is there a HC 1.07 giveaway? Don't wanna beg, but I'm looking for a bit of something to borrow while I level.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High