1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Yep it's a vlld claw I'm after. Got about two dozen ethereal claws I racked ready to imbue. It's going to be tedious getting characters to level 18 to imbue in 1.07 though.

If you have the patched d2gfx.dll it can be quick. Either that or try get some nice gear to pwn through normal.

Nah, don't have that but could use fast user switching to get one more player in the game I suppose to get a bit of extra experience.

Will have to see if it actuallys works first before I worry about it too much.

18 isn't too hard to do... a mass killer like Holy Fire if it works... shop a nice HF scepter and you're laughing.

Well the good news is it appears if you imbue an ethereal weapon in 1.07 and move it forward it does get the desired damage bonus.

The bad news is now I'm going to have to make a lot of level 18s in 1.07 to imbue.

Took me a couple of hours to level one to 18 by going through act 1 then running Radamant a bunch. Am I going to be better of using Cows to level them with my level 78 sorc doing the killing?

I have to admit I don't know how to level most efficiently in 1.07!

To have them step into the red portal, the characters need to have killed Baal (or Diablo in Classic) so that won't be a good option for leveling.

+1 on zemaj. I haven't done the calcs but even if something undersirable is unlocked it is still probably quicker overall than levelling each individually.

Rushing new characters to the Ancients also gives socketing quests, which are useful for 3-socketed crafted items and 4-socketed magic items, potentially.

Do unique items from pre-LoD remain with no-level-req, if I move them to LoD 1.07?

just got a Nat claw in Nih temple!
Yay for me :)
I know it's a mediocre drop, but it's first pay off from racks. Funny part is that I wasn't hoping for that rack to give me goodies, but rather the Death mask one (for Tal's).
But hey, I'm celebrating!

Do unique items from pre-LoD remain with no-level-req, if I move them to LoD 1.07?
I think not but I'm not absolutely sure and this is worth experimenting. All of the cases I know of moving items from prepatch Classic to LoD for uniques, the level requirement is added. (By prepatch, I mean Classic Diablo versions 1.06 or earlier, before the Expansion was available.)

Just to give a sense- in Classic about 1.06, there were no level requirements on uniques, which means a lvl 1 character could have 2 SoJ, Tarnhelm, and other quite nice gear. (It was common in those days to have twinked lvl 9 Chargers with Bonesnap that you had to watch out for on the realms as PK characters on the realms.) If those no-level-requirement items are moved to expansion, in all of the cases I know, there is a level requirement added.

Here are some examples that I know:

about 1.06 Classic to 1.10-ish Classic: no level requirements added
about 1.06 Classic to 1.10-ish LoD: definitely level requirements added

I'm not sure if I have tried ~1.06 Classic to 1.07 LoD but it seems like something that I would have tried, and I'm pretty sure I would have remembered if it did work. But confirmation would be good and I'm away from my prepatch setups these days.

Single question has been bugging me a day or two now. Can Hell Mephisto drop exceptional uniques like Skullder's Ire, Vampire Gaze or Valkyrie Wing in 1.07? I've seen numerous warnings and such after mentioning how 556 MF forces act bosses to drop only uniques that they would not drop these but ATMA's 1.07 drop calc says that they can drop (and with 556 MF with such a high chance that obtaining so much MF would easily be worth the effort). If they can't can I use ATMA's drop calc to calculate drop chances in this patch at all or is it all around this misleading?

Second quick one. Numerous sources say that Skullder's Ire adds a lot of Magic Find depending on character level (including ATMA when I look at my Skullder there). However the game says that it adds Gold Find instead of MF. Is my game bugged or is this normal?

Meph can't drop any of those you mentioned. Thing is, bosses are capped at their normal TC. iirc all those items you mentioned are TC 51 (I'm not 100% sure), but what I am sure is that he cannot drop them. You are stuck to racking for those unfortunately. You can check meph normal drops to see what he can drop on hell, + all jewelery I think.

And yes, Skulder adds MF. I've used it to reach that 556 MF breakpoint so I can tell you that it works as MF and not GF.

EDIT: This might sound strange, but make Travincal hork barb with 376 MF for set items. I've run Trav quite a bit and I can comfortably say it's best 1.07 target. You get lads of sets like 1.07 Mav's belt and general good stuff to equip characters. Charms and jewels are always nice, gems etc, and there is an ok chance for high rune to drop (I mean, good in 1.07 terms). And while running for those items I got Valk, 2 x Skulders, Vamp Gaze and loads and loads more. This might probably be one of your long term goals.

^I also did a lot of trav running with my zealot in 1.07 before I really knew anything about the game, and I had almost 500 mf, iirc. I didn't know about the breakpoint, but I do remember quite well that if I wanted Guillaume's or Mavina's Diadem, it was only a few trav runs away at any given attempt. I also sadly ran hell andy a few hundred times trying to get Guardian Angel and had no idea why I wound up with so many Hands of Broc. . .

I love it when gear drops that you can actually use. I was questing in act 3 nightmare, and a pair of unique gauntlets dropped. Perfect for my lvl 32 sorc. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to Hell tonight, I really want to rack me some awesome items, hehe.

Edit: Damn, I got 10 levels for doing nightmare ancients at lvl 35!

Last edited:

Well, at 1200 runs on a Russet Armor rack and no Skullder's Ire, my save became corrupted so I had to revert to a back up save. Turns out that it was for the better. I found a Winged Helm rack, and 62 runs later it drops me a Valkyrie Wing. An item I've always wanted so I could make a 200 FCR sorc in 1.09. I don't have any pics of the drop, seeing as I thought it was just another rare winged helm(lol). But here are the stats :D

Valkyrie Wing
Winged Helm
Defense: 120
Durability: 38 of 40
Required Strength: 115
Required Level: 44
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x65966724
+35 Defense
30% Increased Attack Speed
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Cast Rate

Guess I'll use it in 1.07 and rack another. Hopefully it doesn't take another 1k runs!

I am running an efficient VW rack now, finally. Spent weeks finding it after losing my first one due to a misclick. Pretty depressing because it was within a campfire setup 3 teles away from WP. I also had about 4 hours into it and was expecting to be paid off soon.

Word to the wise--save your mapseed. Cant always rely on backups to retrieve it.

I have spent more time than I expected in 1.07. I am an Ist short (and VW) of moving on to 1.10a. 3 Vexs (and Gul) but no Ist. Go figure.

Is the reason for the Skullders to MF in 1.07? I have done some, but it makes little sense IMO once you have racking gear.

Lastly, definitely run that VW rack to get your second (or third). One of the best items in 1.07...

I didn't realise it was so OP. 30 fcr really stands out to me, and the frw as well. Imagine the speed it adds to LK runs and similar.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High