1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

ah ok here again^_^

screenshot036tw.jpg

usefull?

In terms of damage and since it has 3os, yes indeed :) If the rest of mods I can't understand are good, it could even better.

Either way, someone that actually played a zon in 1.07 should know best.

i only socketed it because i rushed some chars for ortrunes and just wanted to see if it gets 3 sox^_^

another question, is there another formular for baseitems which can be both set and unique then for the unique only items?

i rack now a vampire gaze but all i get are dozens of natalyas(WAY more then expected value) and the same thing happened when i racked my valkery wing helmet

but when i racked skullders or stormshield (hoz too) i got it like in the first 100 runs and no much failed sets(double dura magic)

stormshield i got after 5 runs lol

so i just ask if theres a bug with set/unique-baseitems

:)

just saying, 15 guillaumes in 1k runs^^ like 90% more then expected value ^^

:D

i want to make a good poisonbow for lowlevelchars to get them through norm+nightmare

but i dont know how much poisondamage a good affix has and what would be the maximum

hope u can help me :)

cheers

Hai to every1 ^_^
I've just started venturing into 1.07 world, so I've decided to join the discussion :)
as you may all guess, I will have tons of questions, (and 180 pages is quite a lot to read into (by all means I will read it all, but as every other guy, i want my answers fast :p)), so I will kick in now and then to post.
for now, I just wanna say that I'm making orb sorc, and since there's no synergies in 1.07, I could kick out a dual element sorc without much hassle (main skill + mastery x2 = 80 points + prereqs). So, what would be good and proven maxed" backup" skill for orb sorc ?
meteor or maybe some lightning/CL ?
or should I just go style points and go tStorm :p
also, drops seem kinda low, although I'm playing on players 7 (7 clients at once ofc). I'm constantly struggling to grind up some cash so I can revive moron. speaking of moron, they can't leech in 1.07, right ?
ok, guess that's all for now :D

The standard build is 20 orb/10+ mastery. mastery has diminishing returns in 1.07.

the second skill is static, no question. It will sliver any monster not immune. cold mastery will break almost all immunes, on my playthrough I never met a monster that orb did not damage. Extra points could go to warmth or you might want a point in Hydra for rack manipulation.

Drops are bad, not much to say there. Get an act 5 merc when you get there, they are the best.

Hey :)

Static Field is just too awesome to not use. It isn't capped at 1.07 and some bosses have a bug with it, instant-dying.

Max FO, CM and SF. High warmth is great for mana problems just like high teleport. BUT if you plan to level her really high and try go get really nice gear, I wouldn't spend more than one point in teleport and too many points in warmth. My 1.07 sorc doesn't win anything with cheaper teleports and high warmth (but these two helped a lot before she got lvl80+ and I got nice gear for her). And maybe now she could have other skill + mastery.

Edit: ninja'ed by kestegs. And yeah since CM has diminishing returns, I wouldn't max it if I needed extra points to get 40 for third skill+mastery.

Just having 7 extra players in the game does not increase drops. You need the extra players in your party and in the same area. I have 5 mats/pats and still very crappy gear, so good luck!

My orb sorc was orb, ~10 mastery, maxed static and tele. My second sorc had maxed nova/lm, orb and static and I don't like it as much.

Edit: You can set the forum to 40 posts per game. Your 180 pages was just reduced to 45. You are welcome. Advanced: you can paste it into word and search the entire thread!

RE: Mercs and leeching -- my experience is no, leeching doesn't work for mercs in v1.07

OK, so what level I must be to be able to craft 15-20+ leech rings, or the insane mana per kill rings ?
I plan to play the game on p8 up to hell, just like I do in 1.13, and then lower to p1, or maybe p3 (depends on how much static/FO will own).

how do I cube runes ?
please don't tell me that I can't cube runes :)
I place 3 El in cube and nothing happens.

Sorry...but...ya can't cube runes. I think that was added in 1.09 or 1.10 :(
This is part of why I don't have a single KO rune to do a ring craft with, even after countless hours.

Also, if you didn't read it somewhere already, don't make RW's or at least don't open them in ATMA if you do, most of them crash ATMA.

Jesus christ, I've just now looked into 1.07 runewords. they suck so hardcore :D
there isn't a single RW that provides +skills except Bound by Duty, and tat one gives pally def auras.
huh, this is going to be a lot more interesting than I tought before. I wasn't looking into RW's, 'cause I thought that some of basic ones are at least still present, like Stealth and Malice/Strength.
But, like I said, this is going to be... interesting journey :)

but from what I've heard/read, LK is still somewhat viable rune hunting place ?

Yea, this patch is pretty tough, but I enjoyed the challenge for the most part.

LK can be pretty good for runes, I have found a lot of runes there, just never a KO. Found a Vex though and maybe an Ist I think.

one more (in the sea of upcoming questions):
how in heavens name you people play without mana pots ?
they don't drop for me at all, this is my first time playing 1.07, I am spending more money on portals to refill mana on akara/ondal/jamella than I'd spend on mana pots.
there has to be some a bit more efficient way of doing this ???

(am I boring ? :\)

Oh there is a wonderful way actually! Once you get a full juve, or a regular one works too, sell it to akara (or whoever) Then shift click to buy it back. It will buy back as many as can fit in your belt as long as the bottom pot is a juve. These only cost like 180-200 gold depending on the vendor. Once you get later in the game the bosses will drop a ton of juves so you rarely run out.

well that certainly sounds like plan, cause this is getting damn frustrating!
I am about to take on Diablo, and I have 1 manapot in my inventory. And oh the fun part, I have to take care of entire sanctuary first, and moron is just too happy to die.
I will spam few LK to get some rejuvs. Also, does this work in 1.07:
3 Health Potions + 3 Mana Potions + 1 Chipped Gem = 1 Rejuvenation Potion
?
that way I could get some pots to start blasting like mad :)

/edit
oh joy, the ring crafts :)
Prefix 1025 Ring of the Leech
Required Level: 10
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0x1907b9dc
Cold Resist +42%
3% Life stolen per hit
LK just became my minor obsession.

//edit 2
what lvl should I be to cube Triumphant ring of Apprentice ?
I'd try spamming cold res recipe ofc.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High