[1.07-1.08] Racking Guide

@maxicek I never saw the exact code for this (unlike @Fruit) but from his description it's all about which segments have been "activated" and also to a degree the order you visit them in. And then on top of that you have minion/monster spawns on the segment which change the drop.

Other than that I don't know any other way of changing the output.

@Timinator I never racked in the Halls simply because of the huge amount of variation and the amount of luck required to get a stable rack. Unless you really want that trinity wolf head I don't see much reason to go there. All the useful realistic stuff can spawn in the three Kurasts and the list of exceptions is really short. And of course getting a stable rack in those three areas is almost too easy.

The Cranium Basher ..
1) Its a missing grailer
2) its my only missing grailer for pre 1.1x
3) I'd just love to have one actually in 1.07

I might have to have a walk around, see what I can find. I think Halls of Pain has a room with a weapon/armour, I'm not sure if its only one or if its always together etc. This excitement of the upcoming D2R is making me look at long forgotten things ..

@Timinator You can check Pharphis' posts in the 1.07 thread on the old forum. IIRC he made quite a few posts about racking in the Halls. Super experienced guy.

Reactions: Timinator
@Timinator You can definitely get armor/weapon rack pairs in halls of anguish/pain (honestly can't recall which this was), and they can drop The Cranium Basher:
CraniumBasher.jpg

However, just because the racks in halls of Vaught are usually swarmed doesn't mean they can't be stable... Messerschmidt's from a very busy rack:
Messerschmidts.jpg

WoRG

Last edited:
man, racking definitely a game of finesse. I've randomly found a thresher a few times while map rolling LK, sometimes very quickly- only to be utterly unable to recreate it. don't think I've seen a CA drop yet

I'll have to give summons a shot, but so far in d2r I haven't had any luck trying to tick with a tp

Dont keep maps that arent stable. If there arent any good racks with 2-3 teleports of the wp, reroll the map.

Dont keep maps that arent stable. If there arent any good racks with 2-3 teleports of the wp, reroll the map.
depends, I had racks that where half of map away, and still super stable

had others which where 2 teles away but not

depending on what you want to rack I might stick with a stable, even if it's not optimal map

2 campfires tho is a must

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High