One, Two, Buckle my Shoe - Item Find Thread - Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could Larzuk it and get my Infinity now, but I'm still interested in a Thresher map. Sigh. I know that I saw a breakdown of elite polearms recently and it showed how these different bases worked well/poorly, but now I can't seem to find it. Does anyone remember that post or can find it?

Edit: I found that breakdown, it's here.
If nothing else, threshers just look cool IMO. If only the animation for them looked like how a sickle/scythe is used, it would be wicked. 😛

Yoyoyo:

Infinity
Superior Great Poleaxe
BerMalBerIst
Two Hand Damage: 290 - 799
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 169
Required Dexterity: 89
Fingerprint: 0x3e4a2172
Item Level: 87
Version: Resurrected
50% Chance to cast level 20 Chain Lightning when you Kill an Enemy
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Run/Walk
321% Enhanced Damage
-50% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
+41 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Increase Maximum Durability 12%
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30/30 Charges)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune

😁

To be frankly most chars that use a Infinity merc deal themselves enough damage.

The actual base matters on very few, as long as it's eth elite.

CV should be avoided tho, because it's only usable very late for no real benefit.

Reactions: snickersnack
Well, it's been a week. I created my second D2R character (a Hammerdin) and I've spent all my D2R high runes.

No suspense on the first item:

Enigma
Light Plate
JahIthBer
Defense: 872
Durability: 55 of 60
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 41
Fingerprint: 0x46e1ea6f
Item Level: 79
+2 to All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to Teleport
+765 Defense
+67 to Strength (Based on Character Level)
Increase Maximum Life 5%
Damage Reduced by 8%
+14 Life after each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
90% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
3 Sockets (3 used)

My two Sur Runes, and two Ber Runes went here. The only question was Light Plate or Breast Plate. In the end I decided that I liked the look of the Light Plate on more classes ... especially the Paladin!

But then came the items where the rolls actually matter (somewhat):

Up first, the Heart of the Oak:
Still pretty low stakes considering I had two Vex Runes, seven Gul Runes, and deep down really wasn't too concerned about getting 30 or 40 resist all.

Heart of the Oak
Flail
KoVexPulThul
One Hand Damage: 1 - 24
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0x5c405630
Item Level: 37
+3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
+10 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +39
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)

Sweet! I'll take it and run. 30 would have been fine, but 39 does feel so much better!

Next up, the Call to Arms:
Now, this one I did care about. Six Battle Orders is the hope ... one is just soul crushing ... I had one Ohm Rune.

Call to Arms
Crystal Sword
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 18 - 56
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x56f01a74
Item Level: 85
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
276% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+3 to Battle Command
+1 to Battle Orders
+3 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
5 Sockets (5 used)

:mad:

Okay ... I guess I can still work with that ... I mean, 50 seconds more duration would have been nice ... but I can live with it ...

Nope. I could not live with that. I leveled my Hammerdin to clvl 90 in The Pit before I felt lucky enough to take another shot. Bring in the 'spare' Vex Rune and a couple of Gul Runes! This time I went with a Double Axe:

Call to Arms
Double Axe
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 18 - 47
Durability: 12 of 24
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x1f56fcde
Item Level: 64
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
267% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+4 to Battle Command
+4 to Battle Orders
+3 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
5 Sockets (5 used)

Okay. Now this I can live with. Of course, six to Battle Orders would have been awesome ... but the additional 30 second duration offered by this CTA is enough to appease me for now :p . Maybe when I have more Ohm Runes that I know what to do with I'll take another shot ... perhaps in a War Scepter next time ...

Here's how my Sacred Targes (racked in LK) turned out:

Spirit
Sacred Targe
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 134
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 39 of 45
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 86
Fingerprint: 0x5017779e
+2 to All Skills
+35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+106 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
All Resistances +45
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+7 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)

And on switch:

Spirit
Sacred Targe
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 150
Durability: 45 of 45
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 86
Fingerprint: 0xd92b5a43
+2 to All Skills
+35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+105 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
All Resistances +44
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+3 Magic Absorb
4 Sockets (4 used)

I showed the 45 resist all shield to Larzuk, as I just couldn't bear the thought of it cubing to one socket. That roll was my first to hit 35% FCR ... 106 mana, +7 magic absorb ... yeah, no need to continue rolling for higher I'd say ...

I wasn't concerned at all about the roll on the 44 resist all shield that was going on my switch ... and it rolled 35% FCR right away. Nice mana roll too :) ... though, the magic absorb leaves a bit to be desired ... but, oh well ... the roll there didn't matter anyways ...

Oh! And I also made this for leveling:

Spirit
Akaran Targe
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 118
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 26
Required Strength: 44
Fingerprint: 0xf9ce1ccb
+2 to All Skills
+35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+103 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
All Resistances +44
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+8 Magic Absorb
4 Sockets (4 used)

It came from the same LK rack as my Sacred Targes :cool: . I gave it one roll, and that's what I got! As a result, I was able to level my Hammerdin while hitting the 105 FCR breakpoint! It was pretty fun.

Up next: Time to find my Hammerdin a map that meets both my needs for Mephisto and Chaos ... Fingers crossed. And then, once I find one or two more things ... time to create a Zealot for Ubers and Pandemonium Diablo! :devilish:

Edit: Hmm, an ITF Thread post with no screenshots, that's kind of lame ... hmm ... here's my most photogenic moment from The Pit:

011.png

On the surface, this looks like just another key...

1636377208519.png

but its number #902 so it means the first phase of my project to gather 100 torches is complete 👍

Other highlights of this 90-100 hour adventure include:

Metalgrid
3x mara's
1 SoJ
8x skillers with suffix
5 ist (from countess - wow!)
6 Mal
8 Um
6 pul

1 gul
3 ohm
1 cham

200 Meph p1 runs and 300 p5 Pindle runs (H) got me a few nice items, but not much that my sorc actually needs.

This drop though, pretty sweet at~300% MF.
4_uniques_meph.png

reapers.png

Lucky to get Stormshield early in my MFing.
stormshield.png

Other notable (to me) drops are Buriza, multiple Raven Frost, and an ethereal Cryptic Axe that sadly ended up with 5 sockets.

I got my first plain Cadaceus today; it was either CS or the Pit. Cube socketing was lucky:

Caduceus
One Hand Damage: 37 - 43
Durability: 49 of 70
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 97
Required Dexterity: 70
Fingerprint: 0x2d461d71
Item Level: 88
+150% Damage to Undead
+1 to Sanctuary (Paladin Only)
4 Sockets (0 used)

Aside from the staffmod making repairs more costly, this is what I needed to make Rift.

I don't have much melee gear though, so I'll need to wait at least until I find Gore Rider and/or gFace to make a riftsin, but that'll be pretty awesome when it does happen.

Reactions: Zyr and d2lover
Aside from the staffmod making repairs more costly, this is what I needed to make Rift.

I don't have much melee gear though, so I'll need to wait at least until I find Gore Rider and/or gFace to make a riftsin, but that'll be pretty awesome when it does happen.
Maybe wait a bit until you get a Caddy without staffmods, it's no fun when you have to spend your life savings on a playthrough. I played a riftsin through to Hell a few times and a War Scepter always worked too. The damage difference should not be noticeable, since you don't have anything to boost your damage anyway (except might merc maybe).

I wanted to try my luck doing LK runs as well in this post 1,13 era of Rune extravaganza, so I geared up (practically nekkid) my highest lvl sorc (79) and rolled a map with 6 chests.

I proceded to find in the course of 3 days: 1 Pul (SS didn't work) and 1 Vex Rune (ditto).
So I went ahead and rolled my first "high" Runeword for D2R
*drumroll...*

ofc a HotO.
Screenshot (2).png

Meh just +32 but still...

So another few runs later, another Vex dropped, but I died trying for a SS:

Screenshot (3).png

and then ofc it took 4 million tries to snatch the Vex itself but anyway:

Screenshot (4).png

I'm flabbergasted right now...

I think I'm not gonna see another hr for 4 years now :p

Anyway have a nice day !

@abridged not sure if you're doing it on purpose as there are some reasons to used the "resurrected" item spacing, but you can make the items be spaced out like how they are in 1.14 by changing an option

To change it, go to the online tab in the character selection screen. under the play button there's a blue gear, and in those options there's "item spacing options" you can choose "resurrected" or "legacy". resurrected is what you have it set to now, legacy is how items were spaced in 1.14. changing this option also changes it in single player.

If you can't connect to the internet, You can also find this setting in the settings.json which is located in your character save folder. It's called item wide spacing or something and you can change the value after it from a 1 to a 0 there to get the regular item spacing.

grats on the ber my guy

Maybe wait a bit until you get a Caddy without staffmods, it's no fun when you have to spend your life savings on a playthrough. I played a riftsin through to Hell a few times and a War Scepter always worked too. The damage difference should not be noticeable, since you don't have anything to boost your damage anyway (except might merc maybe).
With what skill will you attack? standard attack or kick?
I'll be using kicks, so the repair costs don't matter for the sin, but I'd want to make a frost/shock zealot at some point, so repairs would matter then. It's only a Gul, so I should probably make one in a war scepter and then another in a plain caddy later for the zealot.

Reactions: d2lover
I just made a Treachery to a 3os Dusk Shroud thinking:

"Even though you got lucky finding a Ber rune from LK after maybe a dozen of runs it's probably ok to make Treachery into this Dusk Shroud you were saving for Enigma. You'll find many good 3os bases before you farm that Jah from LK..."

Put the Treachery on a lvl 81 Fishyzon and proceeded from Pandemonium fortress to River of Flame. I think you know where this is going:
Screenshot031.png

@abridged not sure if you're doing it on purpose as there are some reasons to used the "resurrected" item spacing, but you can make the items be spaced out like how they are in 1.14 by changing an option

To change it, go to the online tab in the character selection screen. under the play button there's a blue gear, and in those options there's "item spacing options" you can choose "resurrected" or "legacy". resurrected is what you have it set to now, legacy is how items were spaced in 1.14. changing this option also changes it in single player.

If you can't connect to the internet, You can also find this setting in the settings.json which is located in your character save folder. It's called item wide spacing or something and you can change the value after it from a 1 to a 0 there to get the regular item spacing.

grats on the ber my guy
thanks - just my ignorance. trying it out and will probably stick with 1.14

still getting used to it, but it is nice to not have stuff landing in the bonfire 👀

Sur.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High