Random Tournament 2021 D2R edition!

Finally an update, chose playing instead of updating a couple of times :D
I've reached the Act 4, slow and steady progress. Drops have been abysmal though, some uniques and sets but nothing I am allowed (or want to) wear.
Spent some time shopping for a better wand, +3 Skeleton Mastery and +1 to Magi was the best I've managed :)

I have not seen a single wand with Amplify damage charges, is this at all possible or is my memory lacking?

Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills      Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------      --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     75     78+86+71    Cold Plains H           30
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50      Kurast                  24
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     49     33          NM Rogue Camp           18
   Yes Vang              Werg                 Nec     49     81+19       NM Outer Cl.            15 
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     25     96          Pandemonium Fortress    9
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     27     21          Pandemonium Fortress    9
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     26     42+18       Spider Forest           6
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     29     40          Spider Forest           6
SP Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72       Lost City               3
SP Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     23     8+75        Dry Hills               3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     6      93          Cold Plains             0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Sid               Brisket              Dru     8      07+52       Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78       Deeds
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5          Deeds                   3
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     23     40          Deeds
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   24     Many        Deeds                   3

Reactions: Babyhell and Grisu
You cannot get amplify damage charges (on wands). The gavel of pain has them, but too low of a quantity to make much use.

@Vang Thanks for the welcome and the roll!

Could I get a reroll on Set 27, Small Shield and Large Axe?
27>14
Small Shield>Gothic Shield
Large Axe>Two-handed Sword

Set 14: Raven, Poison Creeper, Heart of Wolverine

Updated OP.

Quite a few solid options to roll through, I'd probably do the set with Grizzly as my Forever and utilize a summon fire build (Could even be fire claws)

Finally made some progress, killed Duriel and almost ready for act3.
Must say it was NOT a fun experience, doing SP with normal attack, slow based weapon and weak merc resulted in a LONG and boring journey.
Durial was especially nasty, took him on P8 with rogue merc - a small mistake here - the fight was a series of hit&run fights with me hitting him 2-4 times, while he killed the merc, and then escaping to town to refill the belt and bring merc back. The fight took me about half an hour and 40K in gold, in the end to add insult to injury I got this:

Screenshot008.png
:cry:

Some highlights from act2:

Screenshot005.png

Screenshot011.png

27% nagel

Screenshot006.png

Going to clear the rest of the tomb for some gold/drops and then act3.

Hartwig, lvl 29, Act2 Tombs

BleedCharger's Hell adventures - part 1
Oh my...Charge is such a tough skill to master! (at least for me)...

Great damage however, and nice that the synergy is Vigor, it makes running through much faster - I should try with the Trang-Oul's armor and its built-in 40FRW, it supposes more resistance charms and probably filling the inventory, but maybe it could make a fast enough walking, and given the higher defense it could be worth it, the non-null defense would be great...

Anyway, for now it's about finding a Ko at the Countess for a Lawbringer Naga (didn't have to find a 3os Divine Scepter). She delivers mostly Amn runes for now... safe enough, merc dies however, so for now the gold is not spent for gambling, at 40k per res it starts to be costly when no wand/staff/high def armor is found during a run.

Well, maybe some footage to be shared when I start to handle things better too!

Charge damage
Hey.... could be worth the Pul!
Rich (BB code):
Hands of Blessed Light
+2 Paladin skills, 133ED
Divine Scepter  57-133 damage
Caduceus*      106-147 damage
Code:
Charge            20+2      : 625%
Vigor  [Hard pts] 17        : 340%
Might* [Hard pts]  1        :  20%
Fanaticism        20+2      : 407%
Strength         130+charms : 134%

Damage charms +0min/+2max
Code:
Divine Scepter
926-2195
1560 average damage

Caduceus*
1723-2390
2056 average damage

Last edited:
Reactions: Vildecor
@Miron : What?!? 5 scrolls of TP? That almost looks like a bug. I mean, come on! What are the chances? Maybe it has to do with the fight lasting that long? Really strange though...

Good game on the boots and on your endurance though! Having used normal attack and later single target attack only in a tournament before, I really feel for you!

Reactions: Miron
Hey everyone, this seems like a ton of fun and I'd like to join as well. Could someone roll me a Druid? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Vang
corale's Random Druid

Skill Sets:

1 -> 5,15,16 -> Cyclone Armor, Maul, Rabies
8 -> 5,14,16 -> Cyclone Armor, Feral Rage, Rabies
32 -> 18,19,30 -> Hunger, Shockwave, Summon Grizzly
58 -> 2,5,13 -> Molten Boulder, Cyclone Armor, Werebear
65 -> 16,22,23 -> Rabies, Poison Creeper, Oak Sage
93 -> 7,12,28 -> Volcano, Lycnathropy, Solar Creeper

Weapons
Polearm #1: Voulge -> Poleaxe
Polearm #2: War Scythe
Two-Handed #1: Claymore

Armor:
Crown
Armor 2
Spiked Shield
Chain Glovses
Heavy Boots
Light Belt -> Belt
Spirit Mask

Oof, this looks tough - triple Cyclone Armor and Maul?

Any rerolls? As a reminder: you get to reroll one skill set, one weapon (in the same weapon type) and one armor slot.

Good luck in any case!

EDIT: Sorry about the delay - got sidetracked by my daughter...

EDIT2: Corrected the transcription errors...now it's triple rabies instead of triple Maul :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Babyhell and corale
@Grisu @corale
Woopsie if I'm not mistaking there's an error in the transcripted skillsets! Maul is 15, Rabies 16! Skillset 65 becomes nice with the synergy.

@Grisu still fun random find of you, there's a probability of 4% to get this couple of skills.

So that would give those amongst classes:
Amazon: Lightning bolt, Penetrate
Assassin: Cobra strike, Fade
Barbarian: Find item, Spear Mastery
Druid: Cyclone armor, Rabies
Necromancer: Skeleton Mage, Poison explosion
Paladin: Meditation, Holy Freeze
Sorceress: Shiver armor, Lightning

Last edited:
Went with some stats. Here are in order the occurrences for each skill:
Rich (BB code):
Nb Skills
02 24
04 14
06 13, 18
07 20, 30
08 3, 6, 10
09 1, 2, 19
10 17, 22, 23, 26, 27
11 4, 8, 11, 21
12 7, 12, 15, 28
13 29
14 9
15 25
16 5
17 16
So the most unavailable/available skills are...
Amazon: Multiple shot, Penetrate
Assassin: Charged bolt sentry, Fade
Barbarian: Concentrate, Spear Mastery
Druid: Summon Spirit wolf, Rabies
Necromancer: Iron maiden, Poison explosion
Paladin: Zeal, Holy Freeze
Sorceress: Blaze, Lightning

(Almost) No possible Zealer nor Concentrate barb!

Last edited:
Thanks Grisu and others! I'll get back to you about rerolls, I need to read up a bit and think. I hope there's no rush :)

Is it correct then that skillset 65 looks like this?

Last edited:
Thanks Grisu and others! I'll get back to you about rerolls, I need to read up a bit and think. I hope there's no rush :)

Is it correct then that skillset 65 looks like this?
Yeah, I was wrong - sorry about that! @Babyhell had it correct. I corrected the post above. It too changes skill set 8 to Cyclone Armor, Feral Rage, Rabies.

@Babyhell: I was wondering when someone would finally do the statistics on this 😅

Reactions: Babyhell and corale
No worries at all.

Quick question, in the initial post it says
  • You may not use a skill that is not part of your set unless it is a charged skill or passive on an item. (You can benefit from passive skillmods) **Shapeshifting to a form is allowed with 1 point to use an ability.
Just to verify that this means I can put 1 point into Werewolf and use it freely, to make use of Rabies, even if I do not have Werewolf in any skill set. Not sure it's a good idea, but still!

@corale you are correct. You can put one point into Werewolf and/or Werebear if you otherwise couldn't use skills that were rolled for you. You can also try to increase the level of the Wereform with +skills or +X to that certain skill for longer shape-shifting duration :)

Reactions: corale
I have little experience with Druids so this might be a bad choice, but I'll probably go for a 1-point Werewolf build using Rabies and Poison Creeper for Normal+NM. Then go for a Mauler in Hell with Lycanthropy.

That leaves me rerolling:
Skillset 8
Voulge
Light belt

(I made another post first - if you have already read that and rerolled I will live with the consequences of posting too soon :) )

Set 8 -> 32: 18,19,30 -> Hunger, Shockwave, Summon Grizzly
Voulge -> Poleaxe
Light Belt -> Belt

Edited the initial post to reflect the changes.

Hmm, sounds like the skill set 32 reroll could be a keeper through all difficulties...but that's me and I am nuts about Shockwave xD

Good luck and have fun!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High