Random Tournament 2021 D2R edition!

Unsynergized Charge means kinda low damage, especially with no weapon in support...depending on luck by the time I decide to stop leveling in Normal, I may have to revise my plans for NM and Hell skills... probably a non-synergized Holy shock (459 average damage on hit) and a Merc supported by Concentration would do better in NM :-/ maybe I should try to imbue an eth Pike...or give a shot to an upgradable War Scepter...

For Hell it will leave the option of a semi-synergized (Vigor) Charge with Fanaticism, and give more time to find/craft a decent weapon...

It will not be as clear as I thought at start!

Reactions: Vang
Unsynergized Charge means kinda low damage, especially with no weapon in support...depending on luck by the time I decide to stop leveling in Normal, I may have to revise my plans for NM and Hell skills... probably a non-synergized Holy shock (459 average damage on hit) and a Merc supported by Concentration would do better in NM :-/ maybe I should try to imbue an eth Pike...or give a shot to an upgradable War Scepter...

For Hell it will leave the option of a semi-synergized (Vigor) Charge with Fanaticism, and give more time to find/craft a decent weapon...

It will not be as clear as I thought at start!
And now you see my struggles! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Babyhell
I know I always teeter out of these things in early nightmare, but this could be different. Would someone mind rolling me an assassin? Thanks!

Added option 2 by the end of this post. Much less variety for endgame, but maybe more balanced regarding NM/Hell challenges.

@Vang aura provided by Lawbringer is fine to use right? It could be a solution to PI due to massively physical build in Hell...
Yes! It does not count as an outside skill as you can not active it (It is more of a passive buff on items)

Reactions: Babyhell
Hartwig continued his journey through Act 1 doing full clears improving his FI skill and using it on almost every boss pack he met...without much success so far.

No major event during the journey up to Tamoe Highland were he met his first NDE in form of group of cursed skeleton archers.

Screenshot006.png

It quickly became apparent that keeping Sash as belt type will be a big problem, at least got some consolation prize for my choice (maybe some results from those topazes).

Screenshot007.png

Slowly hacked my way through the barracks, got the maul and tried to imbue a jawbone helm... Got some crappy helm with mace mastery but also PR , poison length reduced and some life which might become handy vs Andariel in the future. Tried some gambling during the journey but without any significant results.

I must say that the improved stash is REALLY nice addition, I can keep much more cubing ingredients compared to D2L which improve odds during Single Pass, a point to consider for scoring in future tournaments?

Code:
SP D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skillset(s) Last Waypoint          Points

-- --- ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ----------- ---------------------- -------

Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     48     78+70       WSK 2                  15
SP Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72       Lost City              3
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     20     33+58       Lut Gholein            3
   Yes Vang              HobstheHobo          Dru     20     97+96       Lut Gholein            3
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     20     42+18       Lut Gholein            3
SP Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     20     8+75        Inner Cloister         0
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     6      93          Cold Plains            0
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     1      40          Rogue Encampment       0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Sid               Brisket  (KIA)       Dru     8      07+52       Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78       Deeds
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5          Deeds            3

Hartwig, lvl 20 Inner Cloister

Last edited:
I know I always teeter out of these things in early nightmare, but this could be different. Would someone mind rolling me an assassin? Thanks!
I got you now!

34, 2, 74, 73, 19

Set 2: Burst of Speed, Shock Web, Wake of Fire
Set 19: Psychic Hammer, Shadow Warrior, Wake of Fire
Set 34: Tiger Strike, Claw of Ice, Shock Web
Set 73: Cobra Strike, Claw Block, Psychic Hammer
Set 74: Tiger Strike, Fade, Wake of Inferno

Armor (1)
Large Shield
Cap
Leather Gloves
Belt
Boots

Claws
Scissors Katar
War Hammer

Rerolls?

SerafinaPekkala has now completed Act2

Code:
SP D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skillset(s) Last Waypoint          Points

-- --- ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ----------- ---------------------- -------

Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     48     78+70       WSK 2                  15
SP Yes Jcakes         SerafinaPekkala      Ama     28     5           Kurast Docks           6
SP Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72       Lost City              3
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     20     33+58       Lut Gholein            3
   Yes Vang              HobstheHobo          Dru     20     97+96       Lut Gholein            3
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     20     42+18       Lut Gholein            3
SP Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     20     8+75        Inner Cloister         0
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     6      93          Cold Plains            0
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     1      40          Rogue Encampment       0

Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)

Yes Sid               Brisket  (KIA)       Dru     8      07+52       Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78       Deeds
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5          Deeds            3

Fairly uneventful, a lot of follow the mercenary and ping things down with Cold arrow. I am now running a fair bit of MF on my character and starting to see the rewards in the way of uniques. Nothing useable (other than my boots from Act 1) but still nice to see them.

p.s. anyone else having issues with the file size on screenshots? I end up just snipping them (which makes them look funny) to get around it.

1633098029244.png
1633098061034.png

1633097964743.png
1633098005733.png
1633098115469.png

1633098098763.png
1633098172984.png

I do like the addition of advanced stats

1633098532253.png

Serafina Pekkala Level 28 Kurast Docks

Reactions: Vildecor and Vang
Thanks for the roll!

I would like a reroll on set 73, and if a kick skill pops up, reroll boots.

And Assassins don't get 4 weapons anymore?

Thanks for the roll!

I would like a reroll on set 73, and if a kick skill pops up, reroll boots.

And Assassins don't get 4 weapons anymore?
«Each character then is rolled a Helm, Armor, Shield, Gloves, Belt, Boots, class specific item, and 3 weapons from two different weapon types (from the list)»

=> there's a lack from the class specific if I got it right. It is hidden for Assassin and Amazon, whereas clearly stated for Sorceress. @Vang ?

That is what I was thinking, but I could be getting it confused with Amazons. Assassins might not get that bonus because you can gamble/shop the claws.

That is what I was thinking, but I could be getting it confused with Amazons. Assassins might not get that bonus because you can gamble/shop the claws.
Looks like I avoided the question in the previous edition. Literally I ignored it on page 3....

Yes, it looks like sorceress gets one more slot, so all the ladies must get it.

3: Hatchet Hands

Thanks for the ruling.

Can someone reroll set 73 please? Preferably with good skills if possible Didnt want this to get lost, I haven't used any skill points yet and would like too.

Deeds :(

Diablo got me at level 35. He was at a sliver of hp too!

It was going fine, then I resurrected the mercenary to get the killing blow. I tele'd next to diablo and took a melee smack which put me in hit recovery, and red lightning hose finished the job. Didn't react fast enough on the purple :(

Can someone roll me random everything, except no sorceress or assassin? Thx :)
@Dazliare Barbarian

Skills:
Set 27: 7, 12, 29 (Battle Orders, Axe Mastery, Whirlwind)
Set 49: 3,7,9 (Taunt, Battle Orders, War Cry)
Set 54: 16, 18, 30 (Spear Mastery, Iron Skin, Berserk)
Set 56: 4, 8 ,28 (Shout, Grim Ward, Frenzy)
Set 65: 16,22,23 (Spear Mastery, Leap, Double Swing)
Set 98: 2,16,27 (Find Potion, Spear Mastery, Concentrate)

Armour:
Crown Cap
Armour 2 (Hard Leather Armor, Studded Leather, Chain Mail, Plate Mail, Ancient Armor)
Small Shield
Heavy Gloves
Boots
Heavy Belt
Assualt Helm

Weapons:
Bastard Sword Maul
Flambege
Axe

Any rerolls?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Miron and Babyhell
on it

@Dazliare Barbarian

Skills:

Armour:
Crown
Armour 2 (Hard Leather Armor, Studded Leather, Chain Mail, Plate Mail, Ancient Armor)
Small Shield
Heavy Gloves
Boots
Heavy Belt
Assualt Helm

Weapons:
Bastard Sword
Flambege
Axe

Any rerolls?
That's what I call options !!!

A.....nd yet another Barb xD this tournament is going to repopulate Mount Arreat xD

Thanks for the ruling.

Can someone reroll set 73 please? Preferably with good skills if possible Didnt want this to get lost, I haven't used any skill points yet and would like too.
@Vang for @thefranklin's Assassin

Set 73 replaced by:
40: 6, 15, 29 Claws of Thunder, Cloack of Shadows, Death Sentry

Well... that's a Hell viable skillset, pretty nice I'd say?

Good luck!

on it

@Dazliare Barbarian

Skills:

Armour:
Crown
Small Shield
Heavy Gloves
Boots
Heavy Belt
Assualt Helm

Weapons:
Bastard Sword
Flambege
Axe

Any rerolls?
Reroll skillset 98, crown, and bastard sword please :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High