Off-topic in the OTF

Remember to have plenty of salt on hand in case you need to draw a circle of protection or create a barrier in haste, or on the other hand, need it for popcorn or french fries.

Salt also keeps Dredd at bay.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
Remember to have plenty of salt on hand in case you need to draw a circle of protection or create a barrier in haste, or on the other hand, need it for popcorn or french fries.

Salt also keeps Dredd at bay.
You're actually right. I really do hate salt.

Except for those found in tears. Those sustain me.

Funny you ask, I was stalking two doughboy pretzels in the woods one day and one of them was...

Finally found my way here after buying D2 Resurrected and getting all excited for this game and the community I loved so much over at diabloii.net. Glad to see familiar faces from, geez, 20 years ago! Back then I was known as Sergeant.

I told a few of my younger colleagues that this was going to be a thing for me, playing/trading with people i played a 20 year old game with 15 years ago. And they basically informed me that i am a boomer playing with boomers.

I am not that old! Am I? Am I?!

Doubt it, unless you really are a boomer. Zoomers tend to think anyone over 25 or so is a boomer.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
Doubt it, unless you really are a boomer. Zoomers tend to think anyone over 25 or so is a boomer.
We aren't supposed to use the term "boomer". Leave it to the next generation. My nephew (19 years old) told me that it's kind of cringy when we are using that word... including "cringy" itself. Which is extra funny because it's not really a German word.

What's left to us is the amusement about their ways of figuring out what we've found out long ago.

There are plenty of old farts around here....
Well yeah, I'm 54 years old by now.

Offline memes are cringy in general. Someone from this very community (who I won't name) once unironically said "lawl" out loud in a conversation with me and I nearly died.

Well yeah, I'm 54 years old by now.

46 years young here. Feel 25 though (most days). I get along with the zoomers pretty well as I have to deal with them all the time for D&D.

This is weird. I recognise a few names in here from what feels like a lifetime ago.

A Danish artist borrowed 70,000€ from a museum in order to make a collage of the money. This is what he delivered:

97378100-dfad-44a4-97f5-019b11e1c926_w948_r1.778_fpx54_fpy49.85.jpg

Title: Take the money and run.

Reactions: Gorny
Reminds me of the mail order con artist who, as a young man, advertised an incredible solar powered clothes dryer in national magazines for only $49.95.

Buyers received a length of clothesline.

Had to look that up just to see what the whole story was. Apparently the museum is suing the artist for breach of contract. The artist doesn't deny it. In fact, he proudly acknowledges the breach of contract and claims stealing the money is the art, and therefore not theft. He is also encouraging others to do the same if they feel they are working a crappy job and not getting paid what they think they should.

I can't say I'm surprised. The modern day art world is absolutely mentally unsound.

It wasn't that long ago that an "artist" duct taped a banana to a wall and called it "art", which sold for $120,000. Then later after it was sold another "artist" walked in, took down the banana and ate it. Everyone in the gallery called it a brilliant piece of performance art. 🤦‍♂️

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High