2018 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: 1st Round

I decided to change set-up so merc now sports Andy face instead of delerium and the mighty might aura instead of freeze. Runs are faster but not as safe :p Well more action makes it more fun I guess :D The new cow map is better, more boss backs scattered around and on p5 the item cluttering is not that bad actually.

Managed an hour with the Fire Sorc. But the Cows weren't very generous. Ko, Hel and Lem + other minors. Did get another G_Face tho and a 3 All Res small charm. Almost deedsed too lol. Was Amped and thought I was spamming FB but in reality was teleing into the mob. I Hit that Esc button like it was going out of fashion boy. :D
Hopefully better luck 2moro.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

I haven't started running yet, but I have a really good feeling about this round for everyone. I'm expecting at LEAST the top 3 people to get 100+ point hauls this year, so get to work everybody. ;)

Ok. Starting as we speak, because @Pb_pal tells me so :).

Remember: no posting of qualifiers. Other drops ... loads and loads of pics please :)

Good luck everyone !!

My maps are sorted for three characters , I’m quite please with the Necro one. Big square map I can just work around clockwise.

I just started only 20mins in. A few crafting runes only so far. Actually I think my computer thinks it is MFO. I have found a Lightsabre and set spired helm already.

Thats nice @maxicek

I have done almost 2h so far. Found Atmas scarab otherwise I am not picking up anything besides qualifiers

Thats nice @maxicek

I have done almost 2h so far. Found Atmas scarab otherwise I am not picking up anything besides qualifiers

I wouldn't miss my 60 hours (if I do full three rounds each time) worth of Rals, Sols, jewels, gems, potential GCs and SCs. :O

Also picking up the random rare here and there as well, especially circlets, useful claw bases and so.

I wouldn't miss my 60 hours (if I do full three rounds each time) worth of Rals, Sols, jewels, gems, potential GCs and SCs. :O

Also picking up the random rare here and there as well, especially circlets, useful claw bases and so.

I have so much of crafting material, I need to find time to do something with it LOL

You can never have enough of crafting materials and pgms for rolling charms!

I just wanna spend every second on the goal! I did a full week of LK runs in advance just to calm the urge of picking up crafting stuff :D

You can never have enough of crafting materials and pgms for rolling charms!

I guess we all have to decide what non-Pul+ runes to pick up and leave. I decided not to waste time on gems except flawless amethysts. Charms I'm only taking grand and small (in theory, though I usually can't stop myself from picking up LCs... face smack!) I keep picking up Tal+ runes even though I shouldn't. Leaving all whites, am picking up some socketables but should definitely pick up less. Been taking magical jewels but I shouldn't. Rare ring/am/jewel I take. And good unique/sets.

Using my old Enigma for all its glory and a 39% gheeds for a little MF. Just over 1 hour in and so far found an Arreat's, Gimmershred and PnB GC.

I just found my second pair of Cow King's Hooves ever. That means I've now two full s/u Grails! Third one misses Tyrael's... and Cow King's Hooves :p

I'm limiting things I pick up to the minimum as well. Even then my run times are slow, so ...

Two interesting non qualifiers so far. One is actually from the warming up yesterday evening:

View attachment 8778

So close to being good ... O yes, also found Lightsabre bit later.

Today, during MFL, I found this one as most interesting non-qualifier:

View attachment 8779

Runs are going really smooth, but to my surprise I seem to have only done some 10 runs in an hour. Didn't feel that slow actually. I thought killing was going really well. I guess I'll have to focus on improving my pace.

Untwinked Sorc hitting 2/3 of 99 before RFL start: Check.
Generously filled glass of Highland Park ready: Check. And cheers!
Disastrously inefficient test runs with main running char: Check.

I think I'm ready for some animal cruelty!

Forgot to post my goals:

1. Finish full 20-hour sets for all three rounds (attainable, I think, with the new three-week period)
2. Get runes for Last Wish across the full RFL
3. Round 1 -- finally find decent Exile base and +BF elite 3os claw for Fury runeword
4. Have fun!!

Good luck to everyone!

Initial conclusion after first 2.5 hours: Run times with untwinked Necro are slower than expected. Bad idea! Definitely had hoped for faster runs than his current ~4 min on P5, everytime in char screen I'm itching to click on the Java. ;) Personal goal for now is to get him to 3.5 mins by just getting better, optimizing runs a bit and getting more familiar with spawning. In general his map his good though.

I also confirmed for him that P5 is more efficient than P7 by a small margin, so he'll be running P5 even though his first qualifier dropped on P7 and I tend to take these things as signs. :) Also cluttering on P7 is more of an issue when running with a non-optimized character, because you tend to kill more cows in the same area due to slower overall kill speed, resulting in more cows running towards you before you move to next area.

If interested, here's the data required to compare efficiency on different player settings (provided by @Gripphon during last RFL).

I'm getting more like 6 minute runs. Meh. I could try to get my merc up to speed along with Infinity and Eth Fort but not sure I'll bother. Anyone want to share their Javazon setup if you're using Infinity merc? Mainly wondering what FCR you're running since she's so slow at casting tele.

@Locohead Infinity is massive, how could you "not bother" with it? :) This was my Cow Javazon setup last time around:

Griffon's Eye with IAS/MPK jewel
Craft +2/8 ML/@ ammy
Titan's
4x RBF Monarch
Enigma
3/20 gloves
Razor
Raven
SoJ
Silkweave

Switch: Spirit + Wizardspike for 99% FCR (huge difference in overall speed and smoothness over 68% IMO), CtA to pre-buff BO. By now I could go CtA and 99% FCR with a 2/20 ammy, not sure I'd do it though.

Merc (Defiance):
Andy
Infinity
ebug Fortitude

Because Infinity means keeping a merc alive. Which means strong gear for the helm and armor, leveling the merc up, leveling myself up (to level the merc up), and changing my gear to support more FCR. You also show an IAS jewel in Griffon's, so I'd either have to wipe a 5/5 out of my Griffon's or use a different Griffon's. Although you didn't even reach 52% IAS breakpoint? That's weird.

Current gear:
+17/-24 Griff W/ LFacet
Titans (both main and switch)
BP Enigma
Stormshield w/ IAS (both main and switch)
3/20 Jav Glove (wish I had 2/20 with ML)
Razortail
Silkweave
Raven Frost
SoJ
Cats Eye

Inv: 4xJavGC (one with 7% FRW), 39 Gheeds, 32Mana+5FRW LC, 4x 3%FRW SC (one with 15 mana), TP book, 4x4 open space.

So I reach 52% IAS breakpoint, 159% FRW, L35 Jav Skills, the -24% ELR from Griffs and good survivability without needing CtA. And plenty of Javs having identical switch.

Plugging four LFacets into a Monarch along with all the other stuff, seems too expensive for the probable rewards which don't seem like much. Haven't come up with a single qual so far. Possible I'll just quit mid-tourney, we'll see.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High