The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

I must have totally boned up my game because after I crafted the Harmony runeword it didn't work and now I get "bad inventory data" error... I have Grief working already on my character... no idea why the Harmony corrupted my file

Edit: This is what I put together, thinking my RWM was working and it's saying the item is corrupted

Harmony
Blade Bow
'TirIthSolKo'
Two-Hand Damage: 30 to 50
Required Dexterity: 119
Required Strength: 76
Required Level: 45
Bow Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xdf8ee0b
+10 to Dexterity
+9 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Last edited:
If I only mule off my character, and not on, does it still count as "not extended stash"?

EDIT: Found the answer. It's only counts as extended stash, if you mule back in.

If you remove the item from the char does it still say it's corrupted? If not, find the backup files gomule creates, you should be able to recover.

As to why it got corrupted, I've no idea.

I'm forced to use ATMA because GoMule opens with error messages on my computer, so I don't think i have a backup. I'm not happy w/the runeword debacle because I spent around 8 hrs farming for this Harmony.

Edit: Aaaaaand now my stash is corrupted. I guess this just wasn't for me.

Last edited:
Atma makes lots of backup stashes, they have .org extension. You can rename their extension to .d2x to use them.

You just saved me my friend... I found a backup stash from right after I made the runeword. I can't recover the runes but at least I didn't lose my entire work. Thank you.

A shot in the dark, but did you find an essence when the corruption struck? Can't quite remember what happens, but older versions of ATMA don't handle those very well.

No... so I did some looking at my registry and my D2 registry was a total mess. I have the game installed in like 7 different spots on my PC because I keep old hard drives. To start with, I cleared up my registry and installed RWM in the proper places. Then I did some digging and found my stash from when I Patted the character and saw that I had a 4 socket bow and the runes for Harmony and remade the runeword in a gothic bow. Not what I wanted but at least I'm moving on with the game. I also remember that I found a Gul rune right before I quit. Do you think I should try to get a Jah and go for Fury for this Frenzy barb?

No... so I did some looking at my registry and my D2 registry was a total mess. I have the game installed in like 7 different spots on my PC because I keep old hard drives. To start with, I cleared up my registry and installed RWM in the proper places. Then I did some digging and found my stash from when I Patted the character and saw that I had a 4 socket bow and the runes for Harmony and remade the runeword in a gothic bow. Not what I wanted but at least I'm moving on with the game. I also remember that I found a Gul rune right before I quit. Do you think I should try to get a Jah and go for Fury for this Frenzy barb?

Save Gul to cube Vex or something higher. HotO is nice on swap once you have Enigma. Ideally you want to aim for 105 FCR on swap.

As an interim update, HelpYourself hit 96. Currently doing Baal runs with MF setup due to the MFO. Dropping Crescent Moon is very noticeable though, it's just so much better than Hoto against broken LIs it makes a significant difference over time. She died once about 80% into the level which was annoying, and had another NDE shortly after when she got one-hit down to 32 health by tons of Souls before waves. Guess it's not the best idea at this level to watch series while doing runs. :) It cost me only ~1-2 hrs this time, but going forward I'll have to make sure to avoid that.

In this regard this should help at least: She found Gul and Vex during the level, so she only needed one Pul+ to roll another CtA. After some 30min LK runs a Mal dropped, so I tried for the fifth time -- and finally improved over her +3 BO one.

Other than that no upgrades as expected, she is now only keeping an eye open for more skillers (still at two), hopefully with life. She has a decent life charms collection though so no real complains there.. She had a couple of other finds that aren't useful to her, but during MFO drops will not be mentioned obviously. :)

I tested a few things and ran the XP/h numbers again for lvl 96 with the result that Baal waves are still quite clearly the most efficient for her. Also, including Baal at /p3 is only a small drop in XP/h, which is comforting given I really want to run him at least during the MFO. In case anyone is interested in XP progress with Lightning Sorc, here's how HelpYourself @96 compares in a few different areas:

Baal (/p8 Waves only): ~220k/min
Baal (/p8 Waves, /p3 Baal): ~205k/min
CS Seals (/p8 Vizier/Infector): ~165k/min
Pits (/p8 - poor map though): ~110k/min

Even though these are more lvl 98 targets I tested as well for sake of comparison:

CS (/p1 Seals, /p7 Diablo): ~110k/min
Nihl (/p8): ~125k/min (Nihl goes down very quickly which is good news for when she eventually hits 98)

All numbers are for lvl 96 and ran with MF setup including Hoto/Shako etc. for the MFO. Also small samples only, but then again these runs don't have a lot of variation. After MFO I will also test it with higher damage setup (CM/Griffon's etc.), which will of course speed up everything a bit. Should really benefit CS runs since it's some 50% higher damage against broken LIs (finger mages), but I doubt it changes the ranking in general. So far, CS runs are clearly sub-optimal for her anyway in comparison to Baal numbers, and it will speed up Baal runs too since on average there are ~2 LI bosses there as well. We'll see if/how things change at 97!

Progress Update

Code:
Name          (C)            SC/HC    Class  Level/exp   Extended Stash  #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths  # of Hours
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy      Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal        Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist      Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       99             Yes           -        475           11           -
Neksja        Aura            SC      Paladin   98.50          Yes        8606        464            -           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98.25          Yes        2190+?      477           13         270?
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      98.25          Yes           -        457           21           -
hasuprotoss   Reina           SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1751        384            -           -
Tarantella    Tarasha         HC      Sorc      96             Yes           -          -            -           -
Grim          Furious_Blonde  SC      Ama       96             Yes           -          -            -           -
ffs           HelpYourself    SC      Sorc      96             Yes           -          -          many          ?
XyleneCyanol  Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
darkstarhub   Neptune         SC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      94             Yes           -        274           12           -
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      93             No            -          -            -           -
Chaostar      Prairie         SC      Sorc      91             Yes         659        261           12         126
OldSoldier    Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
tokerdin      tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Ayura           SC      Barb      91             No            -          -            -           -
Southpaw      Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -        Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2  Classified
Me2Nik        Fugu            HC      Ama       90             Yes          80
Yng           Kyrie           HC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many    lots
Yng           Sophie          SC      Sorc      89             Yes           -          -            6           -
LiquidClear   Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage   zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Neksja        Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone     Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Gnosis          SC      Druid     86             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     86             No          115         94           19         idk
Naturallog    Athos           HC      Barb      84             No          159        105            0           -
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       83             No           28         25            0         idk
Qwernt        AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit        Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       81             Never        55         51           53
Jean Avila    SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
logo          Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule    Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Gripphon      Ryu             SC      Sorc      76             Yes           -          -         over 9k       13
Darke Rahl    Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
Vildecor      Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax    Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
TrU           Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit        Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer       Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin    Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
Kitteh        Kaylin          SC      Ama       19             Yes           -          -            0           -
hackedagainanda Hugo          HC      Barb      16             Yes           -          -            -           -

The Fallen
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Pb_pal      Stevesy         HC      Paladin   76             Yes           -          -            0           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

EDIT:
@NanoMist found your post regarding experience and thought I'd make others here aware, that's incredibly helpful stuff! This really makes my numbers obsolete. :) With that overview all it takes is to time the runs and some really simple calculations.

Last edited:
Great to see the level of progress in this thread now! I turned 95 on Natur a little while ago, but I haven't really played a lot after that, just a couple of hundred fruitless LK runs. I did find an Ohm in AT, so the long awaited Call to Arms shouldn't be too far away. Below are some screenshots of stuff that happened in level 94.

Leaving for work now so I won't get any playing done for the next couple of weeks.
Good luck to everyone in the MFO and with the levelling!

@Yng Actually I had kept two 5os Crystal Swords as possible CtA bases, but this dropped shortly before I made it, and since its eth it's more style points of course. :p Also it might be some weird thing on my end, but I like to have the switch weapon to be visibly different from main so I always know which slot I'm on, and given I made CM in a Crystal Sword (eth as well of course, all about style points!), indeed Double Axe all the way. ;)

Ok so 3rd character is a charm right? I decided after leveling a few chars that the one I look forward too most... is a zealot. I think it would be really cool to grind one to 99 and strive for the elusive eBOTD as my end weapon. Ideally I'd like to go 2 handed for style points as a giant eBOTD war pike would look awesome! I find the process of finding new weapons and replacing them as I go very fun! There are also a lot of runewords for a zealot to make, and it seems like I wouldn't even have to grind AT or Meph for gear, as I could just do a lot of LK runs to get a nice set up.

The first weapon I decided to use was the malice. I found a 3os flail which has the fastest attack speed and nice dmg for a normal weapon. Also I've always liked the look of flails! I tried using king's grace in a crystal sword, but the speed was slower and so was the killspeed. Maybe If I could find a long sword it would be better?
2kITFdy.jpg

@Trapin' Awesome, time to start pushing! :)

I for one have started an untwinked Nec to run in between Baal sessions for a change of pace from my Sorc. Probably going the CE/Summon route. There are no Necs that made it very far here, don't really know why since he's not dependent on rare gear at all and CE is so OP especially untwinked. It's basically Enigma and Hoto (possibly even Beast) from LK, which does mean some grinding at some point, but after that he should be good to go, once resists and FCR are reasonably taken care of.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High