1.07 News, Info and Gossip

No you don't need those extra pots. Sadly, all recipes are the same in the beta as 1.07. Only one recipe was changed and it was a disabled class recipe. The runeword display bug was battle.net only I believe, as it wasn't fixed until 1.09. And i've never seen the bug happen on my 1.08 characters.

As to when the beta tournament begins, this depends on two things. First, I'm going to message Thyiad and see what she thinks. It will have to be made clear the rules, as well as the download link for the beta ISO image. A thread will be opened for the beta. If it's not allowed to be played then I will simply dump info as pharphis suggested.

Second, I'm still fixing up some problems. Tragically we have to borrow missing code from 1.07, which means I have to thoroughly test the game for any crashes. If there is a crash, the code has to be downgraded to the 1.06 version. Thankfully most functions in 1.07 work fine in the beta.

We are looking at least 2-3 weeks before everything is ready for release. I'm busy with RL so progress will be slowed for a few days.

Edit: Spoiler alert! Everyone will have fun racking in LK for one of these ^^
Screenshot001.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of racking Tal Rasha's armor.

udylYPD.jpg

Just making sure that this can be one. I'm pretty sure that after upper kurast any rack can drop any* item. This rack only drops lacquered plates about 50% of the time and I've already gotten two angelic ring mails from it.

*sans a few bows and staffs.

Well LK can drop it so I don't see why Durance wouldn't be able to. Compare the ilvl to LK racks (any item) and if it's higher you should be good.

It should also be in repusz's guide

Well huh hell. Us real men like to go back even further. All the way to the true beta days. Suffice to say, after many long hours of guesswork, cussing, and drinking mountain dew: I present to you...

The LoD Bnet beta offically cracked and running in single player! (Although a little buggy)

EDIT: Stabilized the beta a bit and now you can play it all the way through! There's so many cool things I don't wanna spoil it for everyone! But check out the beta ACT 5:

@Timinator So when do we real heroes begin the journey up North? :D:D

OOOO exciting! For those keen is there a readme for how to get it going once we have the files? maybe PM those interested and for now the "what we do on our own PCs" and also not mixing with other D2 stuff.

I finally found my first Skullder's too!
0YNaqeH.jpg

Still haven't found Colossus Blade rack, so I'm using Vile Husk and Swordguard against the Council (lol). It works surprisingly well: Vile Husk has CtC Amp, and it really is all about LoH when in Travincal. The difference is staggering. Also got Ko Rune and some other exceptional uniques, like Peasant Crown, Lidless Wall, Gerke's Sanctuary etc. A lot of crafting supplies as well. My barb is still pretty low level, so it will only get better when I leech some Cows with him, and finally find that CB rack.

Here are readouts of some things I've found during past month and a half or so, including the aforementioned items:
Code:
Skullder's Ire
Russet Armor
Defense: 732
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 42
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x640f228
+30 to Vitality
+200% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 25
+1 to All Skill Levels
86% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (1.25 per Character Level)
Repairs 1 durability in 4 seconds

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 100
Durability: 35 of 36
Required Strength: 95
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x36bc40b7
+10 to Dexterity
+110% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Durability 100%
100% Extra Gold from Monsters
45% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk

Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Durability: 30 of 40
Required Strength: 58
Required Level: 41
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x6fa36de4
+100% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Damage Reduced by 25%
8% Life stolen per hit
8% Mana stolen per hit
15% Slower Stamina Drain

Bartuc's Chop Chop
Greater Talons
One-Hand Damage: 28 to 47
Durability: 19 of 30
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 103
Required Strength: 103
Claw Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x5e5f5329
+10 to Dexterity
+25 to Mana
+35% Enhanced Damage
50% Increased Attack Speed
Hit Blinds Target +0
35% Target Defense
25% Deadly Strike
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

M'avina's True Sight
Diadem
Defense: 209
Durability: 14 of 20
Required Level: 59
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x5c8fff48
+25 to Mana
+150 Defense
Replenish Life +10
30% Increased Attack Speed

Doomslinger
Repeating Crossbow
Two-Hand Damage: 9 to 18
Required Dexterity: 50
Required Strength: 40
Required Level: 28
Crossbow Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x2289fa69
+15 to Life
+50% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
30% Increased Attack Speed
Piercing Attack [35]

Peasant Crown
War Hat
Defense: 135
Durability: 7 of 7
Required Strength: 10
Required Level: 28
Fingerprint: 0x65b70f84
+20 to Energy
+20 to Vitality
+150% Enhanced Defense
Replenish Life +12
+1 to All Skill Levels
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Gerke's Sanctuary
Pavise
Defense: 177
Chance to Block:  69%
Smite Damage: 10 to 17
Durability: 51 of 72
Required Strength: 133
Required Level: 44
Fingerprint: 0x4ca55c79
+125% Enhanced Defense
+25% Increased Chance of Blocking
Damage Reduced by 15
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Replenish Life +15
+1 to Vitality (1 per Character Level)

Lidless Wall
Grim Shield
Defense: 271
Chance to Block:  34%
Smite Damage: 14 to 20
Durability: 61 of 70
Required Strength: 58
Required Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0x9e33533
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
+80% Enhanced Defense
+4 to Light Radius
50% Faster Block Rate
+0 to Poison Absorb (0.5 per Character Level)
Extremely happy about the War Travelers, they dropped from very unstable rack in Nihl's Halls only after five runs or so! The Vamp Gaze wasn't bad either, only got two Nat's helms before it, took maybe an hour.

Bartuc's took a little longer. I'm still running the same map, with Greater Talons, Shako, and Runic Talons racks around the campfire. I'm gonna run it at least until I get my fourth 1.07 Shako. Already have good amount of magic and normal claws for crafting, eth claws for imbue & some decent-ish bases for runewords.

Oh, and Vex and Um from LK :)

Good job @Burgomaster3 !

Between switching back and forth with 1.00 and 1.13, I never forgot to have some 1.07 Travi runs here and there. My Javazon is about to hit lvl 95 soon. I recall @pharphis saying that it took you around 15k runs total for 99lvl? Have you any idea how it was distributed? I'm especially interested to hear about the last few levels, how many runs each, about?

Though I feel I should lvl some new toons (esp couple of Sorcs), so some cow runs might be in order at some point...

Is bone nec any good in 1.07 btw?
Code:
Prefix 1137 Fetish Trophy
Defense: 45
Chance to Block:  25%
Smite Damage: 0 to 0
Durability: 10 of 20
(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 41
Required Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x7ad67ae0
Adds 25-50 poison damage over 4 seconds
+2 to Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Attract (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)

yes 15k runs from 85 to 99.

The last level was 1200 or 1500 iirc. It slowly climbs up to there, though if you send me a PM to remind me I'll look for @nulio 's list. He broke it down by level what it took for him well before I reached 99... his numbers were a bit different from mine.
edit: here is what he said

My math:
86-87 504
87-** 543
**-89 585
89-90 630
90-91 680
91-92 920
92-93 995
93-94 1077
94-95 1174
95-96 1280
96-97 1494
97-98 1753
98-99 1642

In that case it was probably 1600 for me, not 1200 for the last level.

Bone necro seems good, though I haven't used mine very much. I'm still waiting on 85 for arkaine's. If you're willing to use 2x wizzy (I've been using wizzy + visceratuant) it's probably pretty broken! Bone spirit is far superior to bone spear. I've really only done a handful of cow runs, tbh. BTW if I'm not mistaken then lower resist lowers MAGIC resist as well so it's worth using before spamming CE.

Last edited:
Thanks, phar! Looks like run amounts don't increase as much as I was afraid, then!

I might keep going until 99 ;)

Hmm, yea dual wizzy sounds pretty dope!

I don't know and I remember asking him about it as well but that's what he got. He said it might be because of exp shrines or something but I would think that it couldn't statistically account for such a large difference.
*shrug*
He was in SC so probably was a forgotten death

edit: an alternative to 2x wizzy if you don't need the fcr/mana as much is to use a fancy wand like the one you showed me + wizzy. visceratuant is a nice choice for non-glitching and res, @skills, +life

@Burgomaster3 Stock up on some of those magic or socketed Runic Talons for rerolling in 1.10a

This was in the agenda. Although i must admit I'm a bit hazy on the details. It's like this right:

3 x normal gem + socketed weapon = ilvl 25 socketed (1-3) magic weapon
3 x flawless gem + magic weapon = ilvl 30 socketed (1-3) magic weapon

So, my questions are:
1. Can you roll the same magic weapon over and over?
2. Can you roll socketed magic weapons produced by the flawless recipe with the normal recipe?
3. Is there some drastic difference in the mods between ilvl 25 and 30? Because I'd rather roll with normal gems, because my 1.07 flawlesses have some other uses.

I think someone (@maxicek ?) said that these cannot get Tier 6 staffmods like Death Sentry or Venom, that's correct right?

Good thing is, I have many magic/socketed Runic talons to spare, since in 1.07 you can just roll whatever weapon over and over again.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No. I'd only use normal diamonds/ametysts/1.07+ skulls since any other gem has more potent uses in 1.07 or 1.08

You are correct in the sense that these claws cannot get tier 1 nor tier 6 staffmods. You can get Lightning Sentry, however. There is (strangely) no difference in gems used, at lest regarding staffmods.

Sorry about the delays. I still don't have internet where I am now living. I haven't been able to get on in awhile.

The beta is now running perfect, but I cannot post any further info. Sorry to those interested. But things are probably going to get out of whack around here with the other events. I'll be off for now.

@helvete Thanks for clearing that up. Guess I'm ending up lifetime supply of Runics, since that Shako rack refuses to give up the goods.

I forwarded one batch of normal gems and couple of Claws to 1.10a, to see if it works. Nothing terribly noteworthy, except this one:
VrVPSOX.jpg

It's very niche use, but with 3 Shaels, Sin wielding this could reach 3 frame attack in Bear form. Although it would be lot better with more useful staffmods like Fade, and Prefix like Cruel. But yeah, I don't even want to hear how many rolls one would need for something like that. Three sockets seem to turn up quite often, though, so it's definitely possible to roll something really nice. Here's hoping for that Witchhunters of Quickness with +3 LS :rolleyes:

And not to be completely off-topic, here's nice little charm:
Code:
Prefix 1063 Small Charm of Life
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 14
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x7c727a08
+9 to Life
Lightning Resist +12%

Watching track and field every night is also a good opportunity to do some 1.07 Travi. My Javazon is now 96.5 levels.

Her Travincal map has 1-2 shrines, and I also check RoF and Glacial Trail WPs, because they have always shrines next to them. Main incentive is to shrine my flawless skulls, but I ofc also pick those experience shrines when I see them. Glacial Trail has a boss pack which I always kill as well, along with Evil Urn most of the time spawning an extra boss pack.

If one of the 3-4 shrines was an exp one, I go and kill Eldritch and Shenk as well. On top of that there's a boss pack near Councils around half of the time.

99, I'm on my way.

Still looking for a suitable bow to try that A1 merc we discussed about, but I think A5 might be the best bet now that I changed my running routine to those other spots also.

I haven't really changed much, only improved some plain 3 FRW SCs etc.

Guillaume's '15 IAS'
Highlord's
Arkaine's Valor (empty socket)
Tiamat's 'PDiamond'
Natalya's boots
M'avina's belt
LoH
MPK ring
Dwarf Star
Crafted Matri: 1Skill/177ED/10IAS/4LL/Amp

I'd like to have CBF, so I've thought about Raven Frost. But I also kind of need that MDR and that EG from Dwarf... Tiamat's could be swapped I guess, but it's fine. I like the cold dmg it delivers.

I haven't used my Orts for any Matri javs now. I feel this kills pretty damn fast enough. Amp and higher ED could be difficult to achieve.

I've had few deaths because of reckless game play around Conviction :D with regular exp shrines they haven't slowed me down much though.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High