A ROSE by any other name - Item Find Thread April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually get a little excited when I see dual leech on anything, as it seems like it could be beneficial no matter what. I have quite a collection of "almost" circlets from gambling. Maybe one of these days the stars will align and give me that +2 Sorc skills/20% FCR head piece Ive always wanted. I am thinking about going on an caster amulet spree tonight after I walk the dog. I need to burn up some mats anyway.

I must let some steam because I'm so happy with my runeword roll. I'm building my first Travincal WW barb and found 8ed eth balrog blade. I had two Pul runes left and my first Oath (210ed-340ed) roll came out around 220-230ed (including that 8ed). I thought that I'd use that last Pul and roll a new Oath since it shouldn't get any worse than this. Next roll and result was 348%ed :D
Well how about that! It sure was worth rolling the second time. Now I just need to get that Lo from LK.
-Causa

Some days, this game is very frustrating:

Dream
Bone Visage
IoJahPul
Defense: 377
Durability: 24 of 40
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0xd77b1a82
Item Level: 84
Version: Expansion 1.10+
10% Chance to cast level 15 Confuse when struck
Level 15 Holy Shock Aura When Equipped
+21% Faster Hit Recovery <---second-worst possible roll)
+30% Enhanced Defense
+184 Defense
+10 to Vitality
Increase Maximum Life 5%
+61 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
All Resistances +5 <--Worst possible roll.
15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items <---Also bad, range is 12-25%....

3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Io Rune
Socketed: Jah Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune

And a bucket-list item.

Chaos
Runic Talons
FalOhmUm
One Hand Damage: 102 - 188
Durability: 69 of 69
Required Level: 60
Required Strength: 115
Required Dexterity: 115
Fingerprint: 0xa5d419f5
Item Level: 84
9% Chance to cast level 11 Frozen Orb on striking
11% Chance to cast level 9 Charged Bolt on striking
+35% Increased Attack Speed
329% Enhanced Damage <---pleased here.
Adds 216 - 471 Magic Damage
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+3 to Venom (Assassin Only)
+1 to Whirlwind
+10 to Strength
+15 Life after each Demon Kill
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Fal Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune
Socketed: Um Rune

And I decided I wanted a third, trying to improve on my 38 and 32 (both on WW barb). Will move this one to the barb, and the 38 will be the casters' HotO (on Hammerdin now).

Heart of the Oak
Superior Flail
KoVexPulThul
One Hand Damage: 1 - 26
Durability: 29 of 30
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0xd0d23ee3
Item Level: 80
+3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
9% Enhanced Damage
+2 to Attack Rating
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
+10 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +37
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ko Rune
Socketed: Vex Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune

game teasing me again
qFoYhqc.jpg

I usually get a little excited when I see dual leech on anything, as it seems like it could be beneficial no matter what. I have quite a collection of "almost" circlets from gambling. Maybe one of these days the stars will align and give me that +2 Sorc skills/20% FCR head piece Ive always wanted. I am thinking about going on an caster amulet spree tonight after I walk the dog. I need to burn up some mats anyway.

I'll have to remind myself to post my best rare sorc circlet when I get home. ;P

did like ~100 runs to level a barb and ran into two of these (and an Ist)

cJKdrZw.jpg

1xGWbLY.jpg

don't really have much to do with them, though (make a Chaos, save one for Faith in case a Jah drops, then ???)

Found these two within less than an hour of each other:

ry6uN4A.jpg

gHNayfa.jpg

Code:
Prefix 1119 Grand Charm of Balance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x43614e1a
12% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

Prefix 1119 Grand Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 53
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x3f822d89
+31 to Life
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

don't really have much to do with them, though (make a Chaos, save one for Faith in case a Jah drops, then ???)
YES YES YES make Faith, do it in a superior Shadow/Ward/Diamond bow (b/c you have access to v1.07...). You WILL NOT regret it, promise.

I was going to do it in a Great Bow (mostly since I have a superior 4os one on hand), but you know more about the frame data than I do. What are the gearing implications like for the slower bow?

Also, is there something different about 1.07 bows? AFAIK, you can't rack bows in any version.

I was going to do it in a Great Bow (mostly since I have a superior 4os one on hand), but you know more about the frame data than I do. What are the gearing implications like for the slower bow?

Also, is there something different about 1.07 bows? AFAIK, you can't rack bows in any version.
You're correct that you can't rack bows in v1.07. Dunno anything else about bows in that patch.

Here's why I think the only logical choices at Mat or Ward/Shadow/Diamond. - Mat has average of 33; Ward/Diamond is 36.5 with Diamond having the tighter range; and Shadow at 37 but with wide range. GMB is at 43, but has its drawbacks (Crusader/Hydra are at 39 with narrow/wide ranges) .

Great bow has less damage than a Mat bow for same WSM.

Biggest answer re: gearing implications i.e. going with a GMB is that you need every slot for IAS, and you can't use Razortail or Atma's.

Mat bow needs 45/50 ias, depending on Fanat roll - easy to get.

Ward/Shadow/Diamond needs 65/70 IAS, depending on Fanat roll. slvl 14/15 will get you to the 65 IAS, which then means you can have your IAS satisfied by two slots - gloves (LoH) and Hat (v1.07 Valk, /w IAS jewel). Leaves you open for Razortail (or caster belt if no FCR ring)/Atma's/Fort + Enigma/RF/Dual leech ring with FCR if you have it/boots of choice (likely Travs). CtA/spirit on switch. Might merc: Pride/Reaper's, CoH/Fort, Cham'd Andy's/GF/Vamp Gaze.

EDIT - rant about bows:
What are the gearing implications like for the slower bow?
Also, this is an area where I wish Crusader/Hydra/GMB each did a **little bit** more average damage (i.e. ~2-3 pts) so Blizzard could have squeaked in a decent bow at the 5 WSM spot (only elite one there now is Spider, which at 36.5 ave dmg and only can get 3 sockets) with an average damage of somewhere like 38.5/39/39.5.

Last edited:
While I was being absent on the forum for a few weeks I still played quite a lot. While I was continuing to level my untwinked lightning sorc I got a little bit bored, especially because I haven´t been able to progress efficient because I don´t want to use any runeword modes, so no Infinity for me.

I was thinking about making a Hammerdin for quite a while, especially because he doesnt really depends on any battle.net runewords to play efficient in hell.
But this time I refused to do it the untwinked way and I got ATMA to use most of my sorc gear for my pala.

First I wanted to farm some more gear from Mephisto for my new character, especially a HoZ. Sadly I already had one a few months ago but I sold it, because I thought I would never use any mule programs in the future - that still hurts!

After 2000 to 3000 runs I still haven´t gotten one, so I stopped, went to LK to get the last Sur needed for Enigma (which I got quite fast) and started leveling the hammerdin.

Here we go :)

Pretty nice crafted Necro Amu, I guess
View attachment 5649

Before I started my hunt for the HoZ I crafted 2 more Hoto to replace my 33@ one
View attachment 5651

The second one turned out pretty good :)
View attachment 5652

Very satisfied with this one
View attachment 5654

Even those nice War Travelers haven´t gotten me a HoZ :s
View attachment 5653

The last Sur, just a nice 3os base is needed now
View attachment 5655

Which turned out to take a while, my Paladin reached lvl one level more than 87 (cause censorship ;) ) and even got another Sur from Diablo before getting one
View attachment 5656

Managed to get a 14ed BP, roll turned out very good. I´m pretty happy, 854 def would be the absolute maximum for a BP Enigma.
View attachment 5657

Another Zod at the SPF. Major congrats !!!! That's the only rune I'm still lacking.

Any plans with it yet?

Another Zod at the SPF. Major congrats !!!! That's the only rune I'm still lacking.

Any plans with it yet?

Thanks!

To be honest, my first though after coming to my senses was, what the heck am I going to do with this thing? I never imagined a Zod dropping, even in 1.13+

I've been reading about eBotD bases in the meanwhile.. I guess a 1.07 eth 2H weapon would do it justice. (Those can't get superior on top, right?)

P.S. I don't even play "regular" melee chars, the closest I've got was a melee sorc.

1.07 eth bases can be superior. It'll probably take a few hours of hitting a rack on average to find one with ED and 0 sockets.

2h is definitely the way to go. I'm happy with the one I made in a Great Poleaxe recently, so that's where my vote's going. (If you want one, I'll send you one; I racked dozens of regular ethereal ones looking for my BotD base.)

Yes, BotD is a runeword for a two-hander. If I had a Zod, I would make it in a GPA as well.

@necrolemming thanks, but I'll try to get a superior one. Not expecting another Zod any time soon so I'm gonna hit that rack until it melts :D (Once I make a 1.07 char..)

Regarding weapons choices: Ghost Spears require too much dex and a GPA outclasses a CB in every way so I agree with both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High