1.07 News, Info and Gossip

1.10a 3x normal = ilvl25, 3x flawless =ilvl30... I seem to recall the normal formula requires a socketed base, while the flawless requires a magic (blue) base. Don't waste your time with Greater Talons, though...they're qlvl50, so with either ilvl25 or ilvl30, you're still only gonna get alvl25 affixes... Runic Talons (qlvl81) will do MUCH better (alvl63)

Also note that with either formula, the claws will be base Tier4 for staffmods, so if they spawn any they will be Tier2(10%), 3(20%), 4(50%), or 5(20%)...no chance for Tier1 or Tier6 Staffmods

Edit: @pharphis, you have 1.07 Bartuc's? I'm still looking for that one...Blackoak Shield, too, which you mentioned in the IFT... how close are you to a 1.07 Grail (recognizing that Windforce & Stormspire are not possible?)

WoRG
I'm not sure how close I am to a grail, but I think I've found all jewelry and the vast majority of uniques. I keep mostly one of everything as well but I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of easy finds. 15k council runs does that!

Rarest thing I got from them was probably lightsabre in terms of uniques. I'm missing some set items, for sure, like Ik armor and most of griswold, some trang oul's? Not sure tbh. Is there a convenient way to make a flavie report? I also gave away a lot of my stuff 2 years ago but I think I have one of most of those items by now.

edit: both bartuc's were from council btw. I don't think I have fetid sprinkler, though I did find that in SC from a council member in 1.07 about a decade ago before I knew anything about how dumb 1.07 is

Last edited:
Thanks @maxicek & @WoRG !

Yea, I'll stick to that rack for a while, but save the gems for Runic Talons. Caduceus could be an interesting item to roll as well, maybe some others also.

I've also now kept the uniques Travi has dropped, but have been too lazy to pick any norm sets... We need to start a Grail thread :p

Last edited:
Ya a grail thread would motivate me to at least keep track...

What SET items am I unable to get in LK? Just IK armor and the non-rackables in general?

Probably, so few bows, couple staves, one orb and one wand? From the top of my head... out of which Mavina's bow would be unable to drop at all, then?

Speaking of non-rackables, I just got Ribcracker from Travi.

IK armor would be rackable, just not in LK...racks in Upper Kurast or the Sewers onward should be able to drop it, though. The bigger problem is no bows or staffs from racks, which is why Stormspire, Windforce and Mav's Bow are unobtainable 1.07...

@Grape, gratz on the 1.07 Ribby...shame it sux so hard as a beatstick, ehh?

WoRG

What is unrackable but droppable from monsters in terms of wands, bows, etc.? I should only be missing a few...

Not 100% sure this is all of them, if anyone knows of any others, feel free to chime in:

Not Droppable but Rackable:
Cryptic Sword - Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer
Mythical Sword - Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian
Champion Sword - Doombringer
Colossus Blade - Grandfather, BK's Sacred Charge
Bone Knife - Wizardspike
Decapitator - Hellslayer
Champion Axe - Messerschmits
Devil Star - Baranar's
Caduceus - Griswold's
Ogre Maul - IK Stone Crusher
Legendary Mallet - Schaeffer's
Thunder Maul - Cranium Basher
Scissors Suwayyah - Nat's Mark

Balrog Skin - Arkaine's, Sazabi's Ghost Liberator
Wire Fleece - Glad Bane
Loricated Mail - Nat's Shadow
Hellforge Plate - Naj's Light Plate
Kraken Shell - Mav's Embrace
Lacquered Plate - Tal's Guardianship
Chaos Armor - Trang-Oul's Scales
Sacred Armor - IK Soul Cage
Spired Helm - Veil o' Steel, Ondal's Almighty
Corona - Griswold's
Bone Visage - Trang-Oul's Guise
Ward - Taebaek's Glory
Aegis - Stormshield
Vortex Shield - Griswold's
Vampirefang Belt - Nosferatu's Coil
Mithril Coil - Credendum
Troll Belt - Trang-Oul's Girth

Neither Droppable nor Rackable:
Archon Staff - Stormspire
Crusader Bow - Eaglehorn
Hydra Bow - Windforce
Grand Matron Bow - Mav's Caster

WoRG

naj puzzler is findable? (it would be very useful...)
Where would be the best place to look? gold chests or monsters? lol

Seeing as an elder staff is ilvl 64 then you can MF one off Diablo hell. Just get the breakpoint for sets and your gold. or green hehe

The list is correct, any staff/bow/crystal sword can't be racked. You need real men luck with 1.08 to see those.

Last edited:
bosses don't drop higher than their normal TCs though (jewelry excluded because it's not a TC I guess)

edit: also lightsabre is an elegant sword btw ;)

Last edited:
Popular to contrary belief, bosses can drop from Hell TC. However, the TC is incomplete in 1.07/1.08 so bosses/council only have 1/3 chance for Hell TC and 2/3 for Normal TC. Baal however, DOES only drop from his normal tc (same with Nihlathak). I just checked ATMA to be sure. Drop calc says Diablo can drop Zod Rune and Naj's Puzzler. But it is at 1/3 potential.

Here's a complete list of base items to follow up with WoRG. All of these cannot be dropped, and must be racked (if possible):
Code:
Weapons:
(not findable in 1.07)
Archon Staff (unrackable)
Colossus Crossbow (unrackable)
Crusader Bow (unrackable)
Demon Crossbow (unrackable)
Diamond Bow (unrackable)
Dimensional Shard (unrackable)
Grand Matron Bow (unrackable)
Hydra Bow (unrackable)
Lich Wand (unrackable)
Shillelah (unrackable)
Unearthed Wand (unrackable)
Ward Bow (unrackable)

Ataghan
Balrog Blade
Berserker Axe
Caduceus
Champion Axe
Champion Sword
Colossal Sword
Colossus Blade
Cryptic Sword
Decapitator
Fanged Knife
Ghost Glaive
Ghost Spear
Giant Thresher
Glorious Axe
Great Poleaxe
Highland Blade
Legendary Mallet
Legend Spike
Matriarchal Javelin
Matriarchal Pike
Mythical Sword
Ogre Maul
Scissors Suwayyah
Scourge
Thunder Maul
War Pike
War Spike
Winged Harpoon

Armor:

Aegis
Archon Plate
Armet
Balrog Skin
Blade Barrier
Bloodlord Skull
Bone Visage
Boneweave Boots
Bramble Mitts
Colossus Girdle
Corona
Crusader Gauntlets
Demonhead
Diamond Mail
Dream Spirit
Great Hauberk
Guardian Crown
Hellforged Plate
Hydraskull
Hyperion
Kraken Shell
Lacquered Plate
Loricated Mail
Luna
Mirrored Boots
Mithril Coil
Monarch
Myrmidon Greaves
Ogre Gauntlets
Sacred Armor
Scarab Husk
Scarabshell Boots
Shadow Plate
Spiderweb Sash
Spired Helm
Troll Belt
Troll Nest
Vambraces
Vampirebone Gloves
Vampirefang Belt
Vortex Shield
Ward
Wire Fleece
Wyrmhide
Wyrmhide Boots

Edit: ahh stupid me all this 1.07 to 1.14 and back. Forgot they switched Lightsabre in the past :O

Last edited:
Before getting too excited about Naj's Puzzler, know it doesn't have teleport charges in 1.07...

1.07 Lightsabre is an elegant blade (elite saber)
Code:
Lightsabre
Elegant Blade
One-Hand Damage: 36 to 120
Required Dexterity: 134
Required Strength: 105
Required Level: 61
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Unidentified
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x1331e39
+200% Enhanced Damage
+100 Defense vs. Missile
+7 to Light Radius
50% Increased Attack Speed
Ignore Target Defense
30% Lightning Absorb
5% Chance to cast Level 16 Chain Lightning on striking

I have run Diablo before, and didn't ever notice anything above TC36...but I didn't run him much, as CS is not a friendly place in 1.07 (those De Seis packs...)

WoRG

Yeah I updated my previous message about sabre. ~ You still can't rack Azurewrath :)

I did a test awhile back on boss drops, and they do have the potential but it is very low for anything elite. Remember, 66% of the time you get normal tc. Even then, when they do drop from the Hell TC, you still have a low chance for elite items. But staffs can't be racked, so Diablo (H) is probably the quickest way.

From ATMA (55% mf seems to have best chance)
1 : 5642 Diablo - [H] - {mlvl 90} Naj's Puzzler (6cs)

Edit:
Diablos TC is as follows
Pick 1 : Diablo (H) -> Act 5 (H) Equip A -> armo66/weap66
Pick 2/3: Diablo -> Act 5 Equip A -> armo36/weap36

As you can see, this means you have the rarity of getting TC66 multiplied by 3. So TC66 is actually 3x more rare because of this bug.

Last edited:
Hm. The other day I was running arcane sanctuary chests but it's just too annoying for me so I'm going to just rack random items in LK for the next while, then.

Next up: guardian angel (this exists, right?) since I have an easy map for it.
If I stumble on a vampirebone gloves or whatever it is for blood gloves at some point I plan to rack a bunch of those. I only ever made a few greater blood gloves so I should have like 80 shae sitting around.

Guardian Angel templar coat does exist, and greater blood gloves are indeed vampirebone gloves.

My calcs say 57%MF to get sets from Diablo... and as I pointed out a few weeks back, if you're wearing enough MF to force set drops, then you are wearing too much to get class specific set drops, you'll get rares instead. So if you're looking for that unrackable Tal's orb, cut back on the MF some (if you're running Council, go with 282MF for class specific sets, or 375 for regular set items, but note that the council can only drop up to TC63, so no Naj's there...)

WoRG

good to know! I have tal's orb thankfully.

Really, just 57% MF to get sets from Diablo? That's actually doable in HC without having to rely on the merc and be annoyed. But how long would that take? Especially on /p1 :(

Sooo, I thought vit per level on items did not work with battle orders but I guess it does! At least for Baranar's Star. It adds 100 vit for me right now, which ends up being 400 extra life before BO, but if I take it off after using BO I lose 800 life and I BO and then put it on I gain an extra 800. I was counting on the non BO extra life, so this is a very nice bonus!

@pharphis not sure if you've looked at it, but check out the archived arreat summit. Some pages are missing but most are there. You can view the 1.07 stats.
https://web.archive.org/web/20010801151101/http://www.battle.net:80/diablo2exp/items/uniques.shtml

BO also works with life on clvl pre 1.10. valor + dual gf + shako + Barb anyone ??? ^^
That gives you about 11k life. I tried it very briefly (just to see the numbers) on my 99er but my barb actually stuck with arreat'sface or whatever the barb helm is called

edit: from link above: woah

Chromatic Ire
Cedar Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 11 To 32 (21.5 Avg)
Required Level: 35
Required Strength: 25
Durability: 35
Base Weapon Speed: [10]
150% Damage To Undead
20% Faster Cast Rate
+3 To Sorceress Skill Levels
Increase Maximum Life 50%