1.07 News, Info and Gossip

I think the max life somebody got was like 15k with BOd druid and sage. They also had life from wolf form.

Oh that chromatic ire is sexxxy end game material. Who needs hoto and spirit anyhow. I miss the days of gg uniques :/ I always thought the best sorc weapon should be a two hand staff. But Blizzard didn't agree. Ow well I'm still waiting for that 1.08 stormspire.

Stormspire
Archon Staff

[1.08]
Two-Hand Damage: 83 to 99
Required Strength: 34
Required Level: 70
[level 78, 6ws, stf] <-- this is lv 89 T 90 in 1.08
[Weapon Speed Modifier: 10]
2% Chance to cast level 31 Charged Bolt when struck
5% Chance to cast level 5 Chain Lightning when struck
+50% Faster Cast Rate
Increase Maximum Mana 30%
+3-297 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Regenerate Mana 20%
Lightning Resist +40%
+10 to Strength
Indestructible
+50% Damage to Undead

Ya my Barb or a drood could get more life with oak sage and weresomething but I didn't bother. My drood (lvl 83 I think) doesn't have many/any points in werewolf or bear since he is purely an oak sage + grizzly guy. (lol)

Once he reaches 85 oak sage will gain an additional point from arkaine's...

I've thought about making an 07 druid. Looking at the 08 notes he got nerfed pretty bad. His hurricane attacks every missle, so I imagine it's very powerful. Also, you have jalahs with 25% crushing blow. Can't beat it! But apparently his sages are bugged...

Oh that chromatic ire is sexxxy end game material. Who needs hoto and spirit anyhow. I miss the days of gg uniques :/ I always thought the best sorc weapon should be a two hand staff. But Blizzard didn't agree. Ow well I'm still waiting for that 1.08 stormspire.
Couldn't agree more on the staff thing. Hoto has great stats of course, but a flail type weapon looks really stupid on a character that doesn't hit with it. Not a big fan of orbs either, a two handed staff has much more style.

I hate the fact that rares and crafts so very rarely turn out to be better than uniques or RWs more than I miss the days of uniques being mostly the best.

Last edited:
I've thought about making an 07 druid. Looking at the 08 notes he got nerfed pretty bad. His hurricane attacks every missle, so I imagine it's very powerful. Also, you have jalahs with 25% crushing blow. Can't beat it! But apparently his sages are bugged...
How does that compare to later versions of hurricane? Doesn't hurricane only hit like once per second or something later on? How often is each missile?

Does anyone have a list of stuff I SHOULD get from Diablo, rather than elsewhere? I'm considering running him now for sets but might try for uniques...

I have also thought about that. I've also spent most of my Orts to Giant Treshers, which should be decent shapeshifter weapons with Shaes etc. (given that .07 Druids hit decent speed with the same weapon types as later ones..)

I had forgot about the Hurricane
Code:
[*]Turned down the mastery bonuses for the wolves and bears.
[*]Increased Feral Rage's life stealing.
[*]Increased Hunger's life stealing, but increased its damage penalty.
[*]Increased the delay between the times that Hurricane does damage.
[*]Increased the radius for Armageddon's damage and increased the delay between missiles.
[*]Werebear skill modified to give +50% to hit points. (It was +100%.)
[*]Maul now gives +20% damage per charge per level. (It was +25%.) Its stun length is shorter and attack bonus is 3% plus, 3% per level.(it was +20%, 10% per level.)
[*]Increased damage of Fire Claws slightly (+8 per level up to level 9).
[*]The damage bonus of Fury changed to +50% damage, 5% per level. (It was 100%, 17% per level.
Combining Mauler Bear or Fury Wolf with Hurricane could work!

Man, Chromatic Ire is nice. Really with how much worse a lot of sorc items are Ire is really one of the best options. Probably a wiz spike combo, maybe with Gerke's, would be better but not too much else. Gerke's is awesome though with the vit and all the damage reduction.

How does shafstop work in game? I have not found one in game but the old d2realm site lists the damage reduction in an odd way:

Shaftstop Mesh Armor
Defense: 594-639
Durabilty: 225
Required Strength: 92
Level Required: 38
Rarity: 46
+100 Defense vs. Missiles
-30% Physical Damage Taken
+60 To Life
+200% Enhanced Defense

I recall it was the negative value on eth rune that messed up its use. Which does that work in 1.07 still? So I wonder if shafstop is different than 1.09 or if the site just words it oddly.

I forgot about the dual wield bug!

@Yann, well, you CAN make HOTO in a staff if you prefer :p

@pharphis, I have a couple Chromatic Ire, they missed a stat:
Code:
Chromatic Ire
Cedar Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 11 to 32
Durability: 28 of 35
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 35
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x190be723
All Resistances +25
Increase Maximum Life 50%
Attacker Takes Damage of 15
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
20% Faster Cast Rate
150% Damage to Undead
*Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 20*
Baal has one for you, too, if you kill him with 556MF enuff...might be dangerous in HC, tho :p

I was looking at the list that @GalaXyHaXz posted of items that are not rackable nor droppable, and it occurred to me that while its true you'll never get greens or golds (no gambling for greens/golds in 1.07), if you were looking for crafting bases they ARE obtainable:
Code:
Weapons:
(not findable in 1.07) but can be obtained via:
Archon Staff           shopping, gambling, Anya reward
Colossus Crossbow      shopping, gambling
Crusader Bow           gambling, Anya reward
Demon Crossbow         shopping, gambling
Diamond Bow            gambling, Anya reward
Dimensional Shard      Anya reward
Grand Matron Bow       Anya reward
Hydra Bow              shopping, gambling, Anya reward
Lich Wand              shopping, gambling, Anya reward*
Shillelah              shopping, gambling, Anya reward
Unearthed Wand         shopping, gambling, Anya reward*
Ward Bow               shopping, gambling, Anya reward

*not 100% on wands from Anya, but I seem to remember getting them
Edit: I don't have a Shaftstop yet, but Stormshield, String of Ears, and Vampire Gaze all list it as "damage reduced by XX%", so I imagine Shaftstop does too...

WoRG

Last edited:
@Yann

Code:
Heart of the Oak
Battle Staff
KoVexPulThul
Two Hand Damage: 6 - 13
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0xfb095b34
Item Level: 20
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
+3 to Nova (Sorceress Only)
+10 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +32
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ko Rune
Socketed: Vex Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune

NOTE: It's 1.13. Mang Song's is not that bad either. I was supposed to use that HotO and Mang's on a staff-only Sorc that I never got around to make. :p

Here's mine (I think the jool was + def and 15 ias)

Shaftstop
Mesh Armor
Defense: 679
Durability: 45 of 45
Required Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0x7ae92e61
+60 to Life
+200% Enhanced Defense
+37 Defense
+100 Defense vs. Missile
Damage Reduced by 30%
15% Increased Attack Speed
Socketed (1: 1 used)

edit: I already forget but I think this was on my barb before lvl 85 (arkaine's) since I wanted to try out frenzy a bit.

Last edited:
I totally forgot you can make Hoto in a staff, since everyone makes it in a flail and I haven't made a rune word in years. Mang Song is pretty cool indeed

@Yann, Anya frequently rewards Zons with elite bows and javs, rather than Zon-only bows/javs...but it is the only way to get a GMB to craft on, so for a good while, ALL my HF rushees were Zons, and I would collect all the Ancients rewards for them (gets them to lvl56 or so), then grind them up in cows until they could get GMBs as their reward. Don't recall exactly what level was needed, but the info is in this thread (about 5-6 years back)... I do remember that on average, I got ~1 GMB per batch of 7 rushees... I still have a stash of GMBs and hope not to need to do it again :p

WoRG

I call sleep deprivation for yesterday's inaccurate posts... I totally forgot about vendors. Apologies if anyone was misinformed.

@Beoron coincidentally I was reading an old article. It said the ipdr from gladiators bane is usually more useful than shafstop. Combined with string and stormshield. Most monsters only do 30-70 dmg in hell.

Check the link I posted to pharphis if you want to see 1.07/08 item stats.

I want to make insight in a staff. That was made for a sorc. Haha! +3 single skill isn't that bad. Point is though, NO two hand staff beats out one hand and shield. But in the old days Ire is one of the best, considering the annoying teleport on occy.

@pharphis I believe it hits every 4 frames in newer patches, and 1-2 frames in 1.07. I'll test later.

occy is also garbage in 1.07 lol

The Oculus
Swirling Crystal
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 42
Durability: 33 of 50
(Sorceress Only)
Required Dexterity: 20
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 42
Orb Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x79c35b26
+40 to Mana
Adds 10-20 lightning damage
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Slows Target by 20%
3% Chance to cast Level 10 Teleport when struck
+0 to Mana (0.5 per Character Level)

edit: is the class-specific item tab in ATMA broken? I was trying to find my occy (I think I have 2, actually) but has to search by text

Here's mine (I think the jool was + def and 15 ias)

Shaftstop
Mesh Armor
Defense: 679
Durability: 45 of 45
Required Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0x7ae92e61
+60 to Life
+200% Enhanced Defense
+37 Defense
+100 Defense vs. Missile
Damage Reduced by 30%
15% Increased Attack Speed
Socketed (1: 1 used)

edit: I already forget but I think this was on my barb before lvl 85 (arkaine's) since I wanted to try out frenzy a bit.

I call sleep deprivation for yesterday's inaccurate posts... I totally forgot about vendors. Apologies if anyone was misinformed.

@Beoron coincidentally I was reading an old article. It said the ipdr from gladiators bane is usually more useful than shafstop. Combined with string and stormshield. Most monsters only do 30-70 dmg in hell.

Check the link I posted to pharphis if you want to see 1.07/08 item stats.

I want to make insight in a staff. That was made for a sorc. Haha! +3 single skill isn't that bad. Point is though, NO two hand staff beats out one hand and shield. But in the old days Ire is one of the best, considering the annoying teleport on occy.

@pharphis I believe it hits every 4 frames in newer patches, and 1-2 frames in 1.07. I'll test later.

Interesting, the d2realms site just words the shaftstop entry wrong. I would not mind a gladiator's bane for my frenzier as I have heard PDR and MDR are very useful in 1.07 and it has cannot be frozen which would be nice since 1.07 Raven Frost is pretty terrible and CBF is pretty crucial for a melee character. I am using Rattlecage but I think the CB from boots and hat would be enough without it.

Yeah, and I imagine hurricane would be doing a few hundred per hit at max level, which is pretty good in 1.07, and with Islelstrike and Jalal's You would have +4 Druid and 50% CB. I wonder how a hurricane human melee druid with maxed bear or wolves would do.

@WoRG and any others who may want to try Javazon in Travi, here's some observations I've made so far:

- Rolling a map where they spawn in (the left side of) the balcony at one spot seems to be quite beneficial. Much the same perfect map that 1.13 chars would want. Spawning in the balcony might be enough, but I got the left spot anyway.

- Because we have no tele, they start to scatter when you approach them, but you can prevent this by casting Decoy in the middle or next to them. You can cast it behind the pillars and then run to shoot them. This will have them at one place to take everything at once. It's also good to prevent some of the more dangerous spawns from never touching you...

- ...and those are fanatic/might when you're amp'd. MSLE haven't been the slightest problem after just simply maxing my LR, MDR from Dwarf Star helps a lot too, I'm sure. If you can get more of that, it could be nice. I think I haven't me a Conviction MSLE yet.

- Having Ctc Amp on your Javs is very convenient if you want to kill them all. I have a pair of Matris with 170ED and Amp, and then a pair with 320ED without. 320 is really fast, but you may find yourself with a PI boss left. Having couple pairs is not the worst idea anyway if you want to prolong the time between repairs. I have not made any precise comparisons for exp/hour between those two Javs, but they both get the job done for now. With both of them I need often to Jab couple of the last ones down.

-Another thing one might want to consider is how much CB and FRW you can put to your character and is there one or another which needs to be taken to more extremes in order to achieve maximum efficiency. Something to test.

edit: having 1-2 shrines isn't too bad a thing either, obviously. I've used mine to get more perfect skulls. When hitting an exp shrine I avoid casting Decoy because when she gets cursed, you get as well!

Happy running!

Last edited:
Do you have a merc? Try a amp dmg bow rogue or maybe high elemental dmg bow row or something to help with occasional left over PIs?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High