1.07 News, Info and Gossip

risky for toorc, though, when he is MSLE (even w/o conviction) and PI.

If playing SC, it's worth a shot I guess. I think a rogue merc w/ amp dmg would help ;) or maybe ever a caster or something since zon's can't do find item anyway (no worry for shattered corpses). Hell, maybe just super high poison dmg bow? Not sure what's possible, though I remember @WoRG made something crazy years ago

@zemaj yep, Jab does the work. I use it only against amp'd though, or if its nearly dead. EDIT: if they are PI that is, others can be Jabbed no problem, but those tend to die more often to Fury anyway.

@pharphis merc like you had with your barb could be useful. At least if you have map where they are inside so you could reliably have the merc with you going down to durance and back. Otherwise, I'm not so sure. How fast she would be there with you if you just ran? I mean most would be dead by then :p

Some bow switch could be an option, yea

Well I never went down to durance... I just ran over with my barb and leaped over the wall. so my merc stayed safe and would shoot at them while I was whirling.

In your case, it sounds like you should be fine since you do decoy then run up to the side to get a good shot at them. Your merc will run very fast with just valk wing and keep uo just fine unless maybe if you have bosspacks that get in the way or something on your way there.

edit: here's an early video of my barb before I changed maps
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/42943885

Definitely worth testing! Fury just kills so fast..

Maybe she would help to amp some random leftover when I am picking up gold and items.

So, I just did a diablo run with my necro (only lvl 82, so no arkaine's yet) and it was ok. Pretty slow and boring, though fire golem is a good distraction and smarter use of attraction is sufficient for lord de seis and tough bosspacks. My biggest issue is having to use too many rejuvs because my mana isn't big enough (I need 1-2 soj and maybe replace my boots with one of my caster crafts).

Anyway, I killed Diablo easily enough though his fire carpet is SUPER strong, even with ~18 mdr and max fire res. Is it just fire dmg or something else? I don't hve a merc on my char because I figure it's probably a waste of time but maybe a rogue would be a safe choice to help kill (just dps, no amp dmg since I'm a necro). Meh, I should probably just boost my mana a lot.

Tried couple runs with Javazon, and CS+D is really, really easy. Would be even faster with Sorc teleing and opening the seals and then letting Java dish out everything, maybe Sorc getting back to Static some Diablo.

Actually, doing tandem runs like this, could be good for maximum MF kills (sorc + merc maybe?)

ya sorc + merc can easily do it. Easy to get enough MF and SF makes it easy for merc to get the kill.

BTW, I was going to list some random bow choices for a rogue for grape (other than crafts which are the best if you want amp dmg) but figured I'd list them here:

Magewrath
Rune Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 35 to 87 (this must be wrong, thanks ATMA)
Required Dexterity: 103
Required Strength: 73
Required Level: 43
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x5969b013
+10 to Dexterity
+150% Enhanced Damage
+35 to Minimum Damage
+75 to Maximum Damage
Magic Damage Reduced by 30

15% Mana stolen per hit
+3 to Guided Arrow (Amazon Only)
Hit Blinds Target +0

Riphook
Razor Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 24 to 66
Required Dexterity: 62
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 31
Bow Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x4b012afb
+35 to Mana
+200% Enhanced Damage
30% Faster Cast Rate (they do occasionally cast)
30% Chance of Open Wounds (ayyyy)
Slows Target by 30% (ouu)

Buriza-Do Kyanon (just kidding... my zon uses this as backup for single cows and uniques)
Ballista
'Eth'
Two-Hand Damage: 72 to 341
Required Dexterity: 80
Required Strength: 110
Required Level: 41
Crossbow Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0xf5e7e33
+35 to Dexterity
+120% Enhanced Damage
+75 Defense
50% Increased Attack Speed
-25% Target Defense
Piercing Attack [1]
+220 to Maximum Damage (2.5 per Character Level)
Socketed (1: 1 used)

I'm thinking the most dmg-effective way you could build your merc* is valk wing + amp dmg bow + rattlecage (25% CB) with joolz/shae as needed to reach 120 ias (in a fast base like double bow).

At 2.5 attacks per second, at 25% CB and 5% amp dmg per attack
that's 0.625 CB hits per second and
~23% chance of amp dmg per second. (1 - 0.95^5 if I've got the math right)

*In the context of a javazon who wants help killing PI council members

Thanks phar, I'm definitely going to try amp bow (probably magic one with Shaes for speed first).

Maybe even craft something later if it works nicely! :)

@pharphis ATMA may be right (or at least closer than usual) on the Magewrath: there is a known bug in 1.07 with unique two-handers where +mindam/+maxdam is NOT applied... It does NOT affect unique 1handers, or non-unique 2handers, and it may only be those that have BOTH +min&+max on them...

On the merc, rather than Rattlecage/Valkwing, I would go GFace/4os magic armor with good mods stuffed with 4xwhatever/Fervor jewels... faster AND more CB, +DS and no monster flee!! If you racked Valk, then you have to have gotten GFace :p

WoRG

oh ya forgot about broken 4os armor possibilities. That is even better, except for missing out on frw (which is kinda cool but not necessary)

edit: 60ias armor + 15 ias helm + 45 ias weapon w/ a ber?

Last edited:
My Zon uses:

Guillaume's 'IAS jool'
Highlord's
Tiamat's 'Pdia'
Nat's boots
MPK ring
Dwarf Star
LoH
Arkaine's (open socket)
M'avina's belt
Crafted Matriarchal Javelins (one with 170ED + Amp + IAS, one with 320ED, both blood crafts..)

Switch: Wizzy, wich I cast Decoy with.

inventory full of FRW charms, plus couple life/LR to have it maxed.

I wouldn't run them if I were HC :( I haven't died in a while, but that was a steep learning curve, and I still have NDEs when picking up stuff with PI Toorc doing his business, most likely with Fana/Might, and me being Amp'd. Re-casting Decoy against that can help, if there's really something you must pick up, but if I were HC, I'd just S&E.

:( aw

I still might give it a try. I think I have tiamat's so I'll have to check my stashes. Currently my zon has really bad res but I guess I can drop all my skillers

I'm thinking bow on switch for toorc

Pretty sure I racked it ages ago. I think I was alter told the +max dmg or whatever wouldn't count towards LF? max dmg from charms, too?

I think for the council your best best is a frenzy barb. If you have a lightsabre, bramble mitts, and some crushing blow they are not too bad of a threat, though they can still beat you to death if they have auras. Plus if you shop +3 warcry javs from Anya, even level 1 find item is pretty potent. I do a Baranar's for my second weapon as the damage and vit are really nice. I need to get Gladiator's Bane as I think that would up survivability even more. Not sure if I want to max vit or str, and not sure how to spend points after one in each mastery and max frenzy/bo. Split between masteries or pump iron skin and natural res? Decisions decisions!

Pretty sure I racked it ages ago. I think I was alter told the +max dmg or whatever wouldn't count towards LF? max dmg from charms, too?

Yes, they shouldn't count. I think it was frozzzen in this thread who said he had tested this. At least it didn't work from charms. Tiamat's is good shield for Java, I especially like the cold it delivers.

I think for the council your best best is a frenzy barb. If you have a lightsabre, bramble mitts, and some crushing blow they are not too bad of a threat, though they can still beat you to death if they have auras. Plus if you shop +3 warcry javs from Anya, even level 1 find item is pretty potent. I do a Baranar's for my second weapon as the damage and vit are really nice. I need to get Gladiator's Bane as I think that would up survivability even more. Not sure if I want to max vit or str, and not sure how to spend points after one in each mastery and max frenzy/bo. Split between masteries or pump iron skin and natural res? Decisions decisions!

I'm sure Frenzy is a good candidate, but better than WW? Not so sure. Pharphis has done a 99er, so he could maybe compare.

Javazon is pretty damn fast too, but misses Find Item ofc. Phar, what were your running times about?

Yeah, ww is probably effective as well. It gets less skill damage I think, but it hits pretty fast. I hear it is buggy with cast on hit items though.

Frozzz PMed me a mini guide a while back, although this was for cows:

Max you are running SC char? In that case you want something like 100IAS / 100% CB setup with as much frw as you can get.
Just couple tips; don't bother with javelin skills, lightning damage is worthless. Don't bother with maxers in inventory, they don't work with LF. Only thing worth having in inventory are frw charms. And you will need them as your overall frw with setup I recommend is rather low.

Head: guil's face (35CB 15 IAS jewel)
Amulet: cat's eye (20 IAS 30 frw)
Weapon: crafted javelin with 10 IAS min and as much damage as you can get or stack/rep combo (damage isn't even that important)
Armor: rattlecage (25% CB 15 IAS jewel)
Shield: tiamat's rebuke (4 x elemental damage 10-20 damage that works on LF, 15IAS jewel)
Gloves: 20IAS/15CB craft (or 20/10 lesser craft, forget javelin skills)
Belt: mav's
Boots: goblin toes (25% CB)
Ring1: RF
Ring2: mpk, random craft, anything goes

You can and don't have to bother with switch where you can have cruel crafted elite bow with shaenefshae and 1 point GA to kill remaining cows. Check breakpoints for bow base choice.

Max LF, pierce, 1 point GA and do whatever you want with rest of the skills. Decoy, valk, stronger GA, whatever you fancy.
With setup above you will rock 100IAS/95-100CB on your zon. Gear has only 70 frw, but you can use your inventory to ramp it up with plain 3 frw scs. Spare javelin is also good choice.

Since your zon will be pure physical damage, watch out for cow king. Avoid that area completely since she can oneshot him with some good pierce/CB procs.

CB scales with high psettings in 1.07 so she will be effective in MP games as well. It might not be worst idea to get ctc amp damage on your javelin if you are lucky, but it's far from necessary. It would help you picking remaining few cows with your bow. Knockback is also nice, but needed for HC only.

I think this is single best setup you can come up with. Shield is also not relevant. Only thing you want to do it get as high cb as possible, hit either 55 or 95 IAS brakpoints, have CBF and cold damage source and have enough sustain with ml,ll,mpk and spare javelin.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High